2

Babysitter

Many years passed and the same routine continued, all the way up until Hyeri was 16 and Sojin was 22. One night when Hyeri's parents came home and Sojin was watching TV, they had a conversation.

"Sojin, you've been a great help. We've decided Hyeri is old enough to be able to be alone on her own now. You don't have to come here anymore. I'll explain it to Hyeri tomorrow, I'm sure she'll understand." Said Hyeri's mother, then she gave Sojin some money and Sojin left.

 

The next day when Sojin wasn't there to pick Hyeri up from school, Hyeri was very confused. She went home and stayed up all night waiting for her parents. When they finally came home, Hyeri almost broke down in tears.

"She.. She wasn't there.. What if she's dead.. Why wasn't she there.." Hyeri sobbed.

Hyeri's father handed her some tissues. She wiped away her tears but more kept coming.

"We have decided you're old enough to look after yourself. Sojin won't be here to look after you now." Her mother explained.

"No! I need her to look after me!" Hyeri yelled, then she stormed out of the house.

Hyeri went straight to Sojin's house. She had been there a few times when she was younger and she knew the way off by heart. When she reached it, all the lights were off but she knocked on the door anyway. A few minutes later, a sleepy looking Sojin answered the door, wrapped up in blankets.

"Hyeri..? What are you doing here? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Sojin asked. "Come on inside.. It's late.." She took Hyeri inside and they sat on the couch together. "So tell me, what's wrong?"

"They.. They said you weren't going to come anymore.. I don't want you to go.." Hyeri burst into tears again and Sojin hugged her tightly.

"Oh.. You need to look after yourself now though.. You're old enough. Don't your friends think it's silly that someone has to look after you?" Sojin asked, Hyeri's hair.

"They like you.. They think you're pretty.. I want you to stay.." Hyeri looked up at the older girl sadly.

"Hm.. How about after school you come here for a while? You have to go home before your parents get back though." Sojin said.

"Okay... Can I stay here tonight? I don't want to go home.. It's Friday anyway.. There's no school tomorrow.." Hyeri said, resting her head against Sojin.

"Aren't your parents worried about you though? Do they know you're here?" Sojin asked.

"I yelled at them.. They probably know by common sense I came here.." Hyeri said.

Sojin was about to speak again, then she heard the small snores of Hyeri. She smiled and carried Hyeri to bed.

 

The next day, Hyeri woke up and was confused. She looked around, unsure of where she was, then she saw Sojin next to her and realised she was at Sojin's house. She curled up close to Sojin and watched the older girl's peaceful face as she slept. Her gaze slowly went to Sojin's lips, then she started to wonder how Sojin's lips felt. Hyeri rolled over quickly and closed her eyes tightly.

'No.' Hyeri thought to herself. 'She'll be mad.' Hyeri rolled over again to face Sojin. 'She is asleep though.. She'd never know if I just..' Hyeri leant closer until her face was just a few inches away from Sojin's. Just as she got the courage to move in closer and kiss her, Sojin opened her eyes. Hyeri jumped back in surprise, both of them screamed at the same time.

"G-Good morning unnie!" Hyeri gasped.

"..What were you doing? How long have you been awake for? Why were you so close? Hyeri, you scared me!" Sojin groaned.

"..I was just going to wake you up." Hyeri said quietly.

Sojin checked the time on her phone. "It's only 7am.. I'm going back to sleep.. If you're hungry, there's cereal in the kitchen.." Then she closed her eyes and fell asleep a few minutes later.

Hyeri waited a while, then leant closer again, taking in all the beautiful features of the sleeping girl's face. It was then, Hyeri realised that she was in love. All this time, she'd been in love. She was always happy when Sojin was around, she loved to be close to the older girl, she'd always been in love.. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against Sojin's. She stayed like that for a minute or so when she heard a small whine from Sojin. She opened her eyes to see Sojin was awake again and she pulled away.

"Hyeri, what are you doing?" Sojin asked, blushing quite a lot.

"Nothing.. I just..I w-" Hyeri was stopped as Sojin leant closer and kissed her.

The kiss grew more intense until Sojin pulled away finally and sighed.

"Hyeri.. I can't.. You're not legal.." She rolled over, facing away from the younger girl.

"Nobody will know.. Unnie.. Sojin.. Please.." Hyeri wrapped her arms around Sojin, causing her to roll over again. "Unnie.. I've been in love all this time.. I never realised it until now.. I love you so much.." She leant in to kiss Sojin again.

"I love you too.. But.. We can't do this.." Sojin started, then Hyeri started kissing her all over. "Hyeri.. Stop.." She let out a soft whimper as Hyeri started on her neck, leaving a few marks.

"I'll wait then unnie.." Hyeri pulled away slowly. "I'll wait until I'm legal.."

"You don't understand.. I'm too old for you.. People will think it's weird.." Sojin mumbled, then Hyeri moved closer. She grabbed Hyeri's shoulders and said in a stern voice. "Hyeri. No."

Hyeri sighed. "Fine." Then she got up and went into the kitchen to get something to eat.

Sojin lay in bed, hugging her pillow tightly. She was scared. She wanted to be with the younger girl but she knew it was wrong. She didn't know what to do, what if someone found out? She had also loved Hyeri for quite a while and she hated to see her sad. She decided that she would be with Hyeri, but in secret, at least until she was legal then they could be together properly.

Hyeri returned a while later with some toast. "Unnie~ I made you some toast."

"Oh.. Thanks.." Sojin mumbled, then she started to eat.

"Is something wrong?" Hyeri asked, playing with Sojin's hair.

Sojin shook her head. "No.. I'm just sleepy.."

"Then after you've eaten let's sleep." Hyeri said with a smile, and that's what they did.