Don't Go

Baby It's A Wild World

 

"I lost myself and my one and only soul in your deep image
comepletely drunk in your body movements that I even forgot how to breathe"

 

C H A P T E R 7: DON'T GO


The next few days pass fairly uneventful, other than the fact that Chanyeol is ignoring him. Well, maybe ignoring seems a bit harsh, it’s more like he’s gone out of the way to avoid Kyungsoo at all costs.

And that kind of hurts.

It’s lunch time when the shorter boy is heading towards the schools food court. All around him are various cafes or fast food places lining all of the walls. The blues and tans of student uniforms engulf the area as they crowd in the tables, the buzz of conversation sounding almost like white noise to a distracted mind.

Kyungsoo heads towards a stand that’s a bit more affordable than the rest and orders a simple bowl of rice with a few side dishes. Ever since the other night he’s found he’s lost some of his appetite and it’s not like Kyungsoo can even apologize either for whatever got Chanyeol upset because the shorter boy has no idea what it was. Even so he wouldn’t think Chanyoel would answer if he knocked on his door either.

Surprising a sigh Kyungsoo makes his way towards an empty table, stopping when his vision catches two familiar figures.

Nearby him a familiar head of blonde hair chats heartily with a black haired male sitting across from him. The rapid fire of words stream out of his mouth in a language Kyungsoo thinks is Chinese. There’s an air the two of them have, a sort of edgy rebellious atmosphere that pushes someone away but pulls them in at the same time.

Kris is wearing only half the uniform with form fitting slacks and a fashionable white button up shirt. The other guy twinges a sense of familiarity in Kyungsoo but the shorter male can’t place from where. Before he could do something stupid like walk over and ask to sit with them a “Hyung!” sounds next to him.

As he turns his head he locks gazes with Sehun who gives him a grin and then interlocks their elbows pulling him towards his original destination of the empty table. Kyungsoo greets back with an acknowledging hum hoping his problems wouldn’t be too evident in his actions.

As they take a seat Sehun places down his plate containing a burger, fries and a soda and picks up his drink, taking a sip slowly as his eyes look over towards the two males Kyungsoo had been observing.

“I see the dragons have caught your attention.” Sehun remarks casually as if he was talking about something completely bland, like the weather.

With wide eyes the shorter boy stops his chopsticks half way from his mouth, the ball of rice falling back onto the bowl but he pays it no mind, chooses to repeat Sehun instead.

“Dragons?” He questions hesitantly, not sure why he’s even surprised. After all he saw a unicorn in the flesh the other day. 

The silver head boy just chuckles at Kyungsoo’s facial expression and grabs the chopsticks from his hand, scooping the fallen ball of rice before pushing it into the shorter boy’s mouth. Kyungsoo lets him.

“Yeah, Tianlong and Yinglong or the sky dragon and rain dragon respectively. Although which one of them is which well I have no idea. All I know is that dragons don’t have the best reputation so you’re better off steering clear of them.” Sehun takes a bite of hamburger after his brief introduction looking a bit distastefully at the two males.

Kyungsoo opens his mouth before closing it again, he wants to ask something but he’s not quite sure what yet. So he settles for, “Why do they have a bad reputation? Have they done something?”

Sehun quirks his mouth downward and looks like he’s in thought. “Those two haven’t really done anything yet, but Dragons are known for being greedy creatures always hording things to themselves.” After a few more chews of his burger Sehun adds softly “At least that’s what I grew up hearing anyway, I’ve never really known one personally, even though he’s in our math class.”

Those simple words send a shock throughout Kyungsoo, that’s where he’d seen the black haired male! The one with the scary eyes was in his and Sehun’s math class. What was his name again?

Pushing that to the back of his mind Kyungsoo nods understandingly, looks like stereotypes exist even in the supernatural world too. He wonders what kind of reputation Nymphs have. In fact, he wasn’t even aware he voiced his concerns out loud until he was the amused expression on the coyote across from him.

“Nymphs? Well, other than being known for their beauty” Sehun raises an eyebrow at Kyungsoo to which the older blushes at and then continues. “They are said to have a promiscuous nature, always playing with the hearts of men and what not. Moms are always warning their sons about Nymphs.”

The younger male laughs at Kyungsoo’s startled expression. “Hey, that’s not too bad, you should hear what they say about a mix breed like me, or god forbid, a half human.”

Sehun chuckles and takes another bite not noticing the frown that took over Kyungsoo’s face, or how he stopped eating entirely. “Is it really that bad? Being human?” The shorter male asks softly, looking down at his plate, poking a piece of Kimchi with his chopstick.

Sehuns swallows abruptly, realization paling on his face. “Oh my god, your-I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that.” The burger lies forgotten on the others plate, seems like he’s lost his appetite as well.

“Throughout history supernaturals have always looked down on humans they became bitter that they were the ones casted out of history and simply became myths. Many want to become known to the world again but it’s impossible now, a human cannot see our true forms even if we tried to expose ourselves. That’s just the way it is.”

Kyungsoo perks his head up, letting the little history lesson sink in. Sehun continues, this time a little more uplifting.

“Not everyone thinks like that though; some of us don’t mind the humans others are even known to fall in love with them. There’s no law against marrying a human, but the higher ups discourage it that’s why they make it a rule for all supernaturals to attend an academy like this, so we can mingle with our own.”

The conversation dwindles from there and both of them finish their meals with relative silence, bidding a farewell before going their separate ways.

Kyungsoo is left feeling contemplative about his newly learned information, will his new friends reject him once they find out he is a nymph? Or a half human?

So many questions are swirling in his head and the younger decides to just go back to his dorm. The sun won’t be setting for a while but he has some homework he has to catch up on.

As he walks through the already familiar hallway he stops by the door next to him. The gold nameplate reads KIM on it and Kyungsoo assumes it’s someone’s surname, since his reads DO and not to mention Kim is one of the more popular Korean last names.

He wonders if anyone even stays in that room, for the whole time Kyungsoo’s been at the academy not once has he heard or seen signs of anyone living there. He knows for a fact that the walls are not soundproof as he’s constantly hearing Chanyeols late night guitars sessions, yet, nothing but silence from this room.

Normally he would ask his large eared friend but in their current circumstance he doesn’t think that would be such a wise idea. Instead, he chooses to add it to the ever growing list of questions he has and passes the door to go into his own room.

As he palms the door knob he hears another creak from beside him. Slightly confused he looks over at Chanyeol’s door, is he going to leave his room?

But the taller boy’s door is still and the familiar opening of a door sounds again but from the opposite side.

Kyungsoo turns his head quickly enough to catch a glimpse of a boy leaving the room he was questioning not even a few seconds ago. He’s wearing the school’s uniform accompanied with a cap pulled down low covering the upper half of his face. He’s holding some papers in his hands and a bag slung over his shoulder in the other, he looks like he’s in a rush.

Kyungsoo openly gapes but the other fails to notice and quickly leaves down the hall not even sparing Kyungsoo a single glance, too distracted to even notice one of his white papers slipping out of his grasp and floating softly to the floor.

The shorter boy lets out a sound and tries to stop the other but he is already long gone in the elevator. He walks over and picks it up, looking at the top corner specifically.

Apparently someone does live in that room and his name is Kim Jongin.

____

Normally Kyungsoo would just slip the paper under the others door and let him deal with it later but it seems to be the cover of a very extensive research paper and its dated for that day.

However this kid is, he looks like he’ll be in big trouble if he misses the assignment.

Groaning slightly Kyungsoo realizes he’s not going to get any homework done tonight, he needs to chase down this Jongin kid and return the paper but as the shorter walks towards the buildings exists there is no sign of the stranger.

After a quick search of the paper in the schools computers he finds out it is a night class and that it’s not starting for another while giving him enough time to track down the owner.

But suddenly things are making sense, if his mysterious neighbor takes all night classes that would explain why Kyungsoo never sees him or hears anything from the room. Feeling like he’s slowly putting together a puzzle the short boy heads over to the office lady who helped him on the first day, maybe she would be able to tell him about the others whereabouts.

Once he reaches the building he waits patiently outside the door until the door pushes open slightly, signaling its ok for him to go in.

The lady is typing away at her computer, the same manicured nails seemed to of taken a different paint job as they are a bright red this time, she side eyes him and raises a brow.

“You again?”

Kyungsoo feels a little intimidated but stands his ground and clears his throat.

“I’m looking for a student named Kim Jongin, he dropped something and I was going to return it to him. Would you be able to tell me where I could find him?”

She stares at him for a long moment and the doe eyed boy feels a little nervous, finally she turns back to her computer and begins typing away.

“Normally, I’m not supposed to give out a student’s information like that but it’s been a long day and I have a feeling you’ll just be running around the school trying to find him if I don’t tell you where he is so I’ll cut you some slack this time around.”


Kyungsoo feels a smile building on his face and beams it towards the office lady. She just grumbles something like charming kids unhappily and pulls out a file in her computer glancing at it before turning back towards him.

“Says here he’s currently taking a dance class, room number 7 in the West Gym. It’s ending soon though so I suggest you hurry.”

Kyungsoo thanks her with a 90% bow and she just waves him off. Feeling more and more like a mini detective the shorter boy recalls that the Gym is the one he’s passed countless times on his way to his Botany class.

With a bit more rush to his steps the doe eyed boy hurries towards the gym clutching the other’s research paper tightly in his hands.

When he finally reaches the Gym he scours the hallways in search of room 7, he passes various other classes until he finally hears a faint static of music coming from one of the rooms. Walking instinctively towards it he finally finds the dance class.

Peeking through the glass on the door Kyungsoo’s stomach drops as he notices the emptiness of the room. Oh no, was he too late?

There was still music on though, was somebody still practicing?

Grabbing the door handle he quietly pulls it open and steps inside. The room is a bit larger than it seemed and Kyungsoo quickly spots a figure in the corner.

He’s shirtless and wearing loose sweatpants with athletic shoes, the shorter boy can see a gleam of sweat radiating off the tan back. His muscles are moving and shifting as he glides around the wooden floors smoothly, dancing along to the beat playing from the speakers on the walls.

On his head is a familiar snap back facing the opposite direction this time around, and it’s definitely the boy from earlier. Kyungsoo holds back a gasp at watching the performance, it’s beautiful. The music is upbeat but elegant at the same time, not unlike the Jongin boy’s dancing. Part of the doe eyed boy feels guilty and embarrassed to silently stare and admire someone who obviously intended to be alone but another part is reminded of why he came.

There’s a forgotten back pack near the doorway and Kyungsoo approaches it meekly, the other shows no signs of being aware of anyone other than himself, much too immersed in his dancing. Kyungsoo wants to make his presence known, muster up a quick “Excuse me” or even a knock on the door but he is far too embarrassed and awestruck by the boy that he panics and drops the white paper he was holding onto the others backpack.

Sparing a final longing glance at the tan back Kyungsoo wills his eyes away and hastily leaves the room as quietly as he came.

 


A U T H O R S N O T E

twitter / tumblr

Finally our Kai is introduced! I hope I didnt make you all wait too long ;)

Thanks for commenting/subbing/upvoting