... It's What You Reap

The Elites and Socialites [CANCELED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The original plan had been to find Sulli and to talk to her. The plan did not involve standing outside the library doors looking in to where Sulli was for thirty minutes and not moving from that spot. Yet how was she supposed to go in there when she could see how happy Sulli looked while being with Sehun. It was now or never, Krystal knew that much. Passing period was going to end in an hour and if things kept going the way they were going she wasn’t going to make a move. She was too nervous but she wanted to move past everything. Days without Sulli, almost a week really, was torture to her. She needed to stop being a coward and go say sorry instead of waiting for a sorry she shouldn’t expect.

Taemin had knocked some sense into her, well more like Onew dragging Taemin over to her house did. It was a surprise to see the older male with her friend. The last time he had come over was when Jessica had opened the door and he left in an angry huff. She didn’t blame him. What Jessica had done was not right, so after he left Taemin to talk to her the two of them actually didn’t talk until they followed behind him to the kitchen where Jessica was sitting, knowing he had come. Onew spoke to her sister, clearing some air and then telling her that she needed to clear the air with Jonghyun as well because the latter missed his friend and was tired of running circles, seeing those same circles repeated with his cousin and her. That was enough of a pep talk to her. She nodded at Taemin and told him she would fix the relationship with Sulli if he tried to fix one of the two relationships, Kai or Minho.

That was how she was, where she was. The fact that Sehun was with Sulli intimidated her more than it should have. She didn’t know much about Sehun, only that Kai had befriended him early on last year and the two became friends. Kai never introduced him to the rest so Sehun wasn’t ever part of her circle of friends. If she thought about it, he was sure damn lucky to not be so tangled up in all their mess. Gathering herself she breathed in and made a step to go in, only to step back and fight a scream from coming out of .

“I think you want to go in and talk instead of watching from the small window.”

“You’re have a really bad habit of scaring me every time I see you, Kai.”

“It’s my talent and curse in having this radar that lets me know you’re around my vicinity.” Kai smile at her, placing a hand above the doorway where her head was located. He was leaning and she was blushing from having him so near.

“Shut up Kai. For your information, I was going to go in there.” She started shoving him slowly away and he complied with it.

“When? By the time resting period was over?”

“No. I was going in now before you scared me.”

She brushed her hair back and straightened out her clothing, ignoring as Kai watched her every move with a gentle smile on his face. Whenever she wasn’t thinking about school work, her situation at home with Jessica, or Sulli; she always found herself thinking about Kai. Granted the thoughts of Kai came tied with Minho. Thinking of the latter made her frown. It wasn’t that he was dating around or flirting, it was that mere fact that he wasn’t that bothered her. She was so insecure, they had been together for so long, they both lost what it meant to show they cared for each other as they should have. Instead they both took advantage of each other.

“Hey.” Kai brought her attention back, he was in front of her, lifting her chin up from looking down. “Forget everything else and just focus on getting your friend back. Come on, she’s waiting. Taemin already approached me and I told Sehun so she wouldn’t be so surprised. She’s also willing to talk.”

An airy chuckle left at the thought that of course Taemin would beat her to the punch and set everything up for her to succeed. What had she done to deserve such a good friend in him? She was so grateful for him and grateful for Kai who only stared at her lovingly before spinning her around, opening the door and pushing her in. The library was quiet and her entrance made a noise in the otherwise silence. Everyone in there turned to look at her. Sulli who was standing by the bookcase with Sehun faced her. Sehun whispered something, kissing her chastely on the lips before walking away. She made her way forward, passing by Sehun who smiled at her.

“Hey Ssul,”

“Hey Krys,”

Sulli smiled at her. “So, Sehun huh?”

Sulli let out a breathy chuckle. “Yeah, I figured I could try to actually have a normal relationship.”

“He seems to care for you.” She paused, looking down at her shoes before facing Sulli again. “I missed you.”

 

 

***

 

 

What the past few days had taught her was plain and simple; she was rather insignificant in the life of the one person she just wanted attention from. Suzy never asked for much. All she asked for was the friendship of Krystal Jung. She tried her best and when Amber came along, getting the spot she so longed for faster than her, she sort of broke. Amber needed to be gone. Her number one enemy was Amber. It still was Amber and Sulli.

Suzy looked down the nearly empty hall and sighed. What had initially put Krystal on her radar was Kai. She wasn't sure how long she had had a crush on Kai. His playboy ways never made her heart falter and she knew the one time he had first kissed her was to get Krystal jealous. But that was before she really wanted to get to know the girl. The power she held was something she admired, in actuality she aspired to be like her and perhaps have Kai along with some power over the school. She didn't get either. What she got was the occasional kiss and attention from Kai but always to make Krystal jealous. Amber joining them hurt her in seeing how quickly the tight knit friends let her in. Months, years, and never once had she gotten approval from neither Minho nor Taemin.

The opportunity showed itself to Suzy when Kris came along and caught Amber's eye. She watched as Amber got to know him and quickly picked up on the fact that Kris was only befriending Amber due to her friendship with Krystal. At first, she thought Krystal had gained another admirer but one party where he was Amber's date let her know Kris had his eyes on the older Jung; Jessica. That was when her plan started to emerge. Soon enough, Amber would be heartbroken because of Kris but she needed Amber to lose favor in Krystal's eyes.

She had previously tried to show Krystal what a lying scumbag Minho was by trying to catch Minho in the act of kissing Sulli but she never succeeded. So, to kill two birds with one stone, her plan of filming a sort of escapade came to be. There was a new gala soon and her plan was to get both Amber and Minho drunk enough that they would do something stupid. She never expected for a very sober Kris and a drunk Krystal to show up on the tape. Her breaking point of being neglected was the only reason she told Minho that night.

There she was now, being the of the gossip columns jokes and back to the nothingness she was. Sure, she would see Kris here and there and realize that both were rather similar in a way that both were social outcasts by many. Still she was not going to give up on Kai, no matter how much she saw him get closer to Krystal. In a sense, her vendetta now reached everyone she tried so hard to please with none of them caring and treating her like trash.

The emotions inside of her grew bitter by the day. The empty halls truly represented how she felt, abandoned after being used with no benefit to her. The only joy was that she was not alone in her suffering. One person did need to be put back to their misery and that was Amber. To her surprise, the sight that greeted her when she passed by the library was like a prayer having been answered. A smirk made it to her lips and she could not hide it. In the library were two people she never thought would cross paths. Silently she entered and took a seat far enough to not be noticed but near enough for her to watch.

Kim Kibum, the object of Amber's joy, was currently sitting and being tutored by none other than her cousin. Minho must have given him the number to call her cousin. It amazed her how no one wondered how it was that she knew a math tutor when Minho was having difficulties. They just took her suggestion and number without further thought. Now due to their lack of connecting her relationship with the tutor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter