Chapter 7

A foreigner's taste

     You were bored in your room, Krystal had been out shopping for the last few hours and you didn't know anyone else enough to hang out with them. It was then, when you thought of the idea to call Amanda.

     " Hello?" She finally answered.

    " Hey..." You said

     " Omigosh! I can finally talk to you and hear your voice! I;m at lunch BTW, With Ami and Joy.... say hi guys" She said and then you heard Ami and Joy's voices loudly, so loud you held the phone away from your ear, the clipping bugged you too much.:

    " I miss you! So much!" You said as you begain to get back used to speaking english,

     " Me too! "Kay, so .. any cute guys?" she asked, you could imagine her grinning face. you rolled your eyes.

     :" Yeah.,,, 12...." You said, wondering what her reaction would be, Amanda loved cute guys, asian ones too, probably from watching k-dramas and listening to k-pop. She was almost as asian as you.

     " W-what? TWELVE?! O-my- gosh. Pics?" you chuckled at her response.  

    " Yeah, yeah, you'll see them when you come, that's when you will die.Anyways, so What do you think of your sister's fiancè? You asked, not really wanting to spend toom much time talking about boys, when you were with Amanda, you could tolerate, but not for too long.

    " No no! Do they vary? Like sporty? Cute? Cold and cool? playboy? Musical? Artistic? nice? Cocky? Tell me!"  Amanda said giddily

    " Ugh, yes there is a lot of variety of personality 'kay? now answer my question!" You were starting to get annoyed.

    " :Kay, one more, probably ,actually probs not but, like, how tall are they? Are the ALL your classmates? Omg, if they were you must be living in heaven! I should have went with you to that school!" She squealed 

    "Seriously, they're not even super good-looking, okay? Just slightly better than average, now, are you going to come visit me at my school?" You asked, desperately trying to change the topic,

    " Yeah! Tot's! I really want to see the 12 flower boys! Oh, how did you meet them? Was it likea drama kind of meeting? I can't wait to see them! Everyone here is ugly!" She pouted you rubbed your temples you were getting annoyed.

    " Mmmhmmm! Can't wait- oh I have to go bye!:" You said quickly and ended the call. You never knew that calling Amanda would be so annoying. 

You then did the only thing you did when you were frusterated, you grabbed you guitar and and ran out of the dorms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Once you were outside, you took a deep breath of the fresh evening air. You then found the tree you had eaten lunch under today, you had grew a liking to this tree.

You sat under it and pulled your guitar onto your lap. You waited for a few moments, pondering which song to sing, Then it came into your mind.

Slowly, you started strumming a few notes before singing, 

   You are, my fire

   The one, desire

   believe, when I say

   I want it that way~

   But we are two worlds apart

  can't reach to your heart

   When I say,

   That I want it that way

   Tell me why

   ain't nothin' but a heart ache

   Tell me why 

   ain't nothin' but a mistake

   Tell me why

  I never want to hearyou say, 

   I want it-

    "Wow, you are good, at singing, I thought the hyung's were lying..." 

    You spun around to see Lay, Kris and Tao

     " You heard?" You asked

    " Yup, every, single thing, why?" Tao said.

    " Gosh, whatever.... Was I loud?" You wondered

    " Very." Tao answered

    " Incredibly" Kris said in english

    " Um. sorta?" Lay shrugged

    " Awesome, well, seeya guys." You said and started getting up.

    " No! I mean, uh well, you are really good! Play something for us. After you do, we will leave you alone if you want" Lay said and sat down as if ready for you to play something. Kris and Tao did the same

 You decided to play something for them, after you did so, they would leave you alone right?  So you played and let your hands move over the strings of the guitar rythmically, and it sounded something along the lines of this.

 

 

After you did so, everything was dead silent, like super silent. So since nobody did anything, you decided to leave. You got up and started to walk away. 

" You're really good!" You heard Tao shout from behind you.

Psh, of course I am, if I wasn't I wouldn't be here. You nodded in response and kept walking towards the school ,feeling a lot better than you did when coming out. Maybe they weren't THAT bad...

~~~~~~

     Time for another arts class day. you thought and couldn't wait to be.. artistic. So first vocals, Which you had with 4 other exo members, urgh, they are everywhere. You shrugged the thought away and walked into the room. Baekhyun was already there and was doing stretches. 

    " Hey... ice princess." He winked at you. You in return stared at him as if he just grew a second head, He shrugged and spoke again

    " So, you're really good at like everything, well I wouldn't know about you're dancing but playing the guitar and singin like a goddess is good enough right?" 

    " Meh, you're really good at singing to y'know?" You said , slid off your back pack and started stretching too.

    " Oh really? I'm so glad to be praised by you! You know, The school might choose to debut you soon, I'm so jelly!" He pouted and by then had stopped stretching

    " The company is connected to the school right? If so,I doubt it, My korean isn't the best and I- like , whatever never mind, let's do vocal excersises." You got to lazy to say how he was just as awesome as you anbd praising him in return.

    " 'Kay" He said and went over to the piano to play scales. You guys started with simple do ti do do re mi re do and after discovering that he could sing very high, almost as high as you, almost. You guys then did tongue twister, which he was very good at, so much better than you at. Which seemed to make his smile even brighter. 

    " I think that's good enough." you said and went back to your chair.

    " Let's try to do more, c'mon, it can't hurt us." He pleaded.

    " You can." You simply said and pulled a book out of your backpack.

    " Well, it's fun if we warm up together, but we'll warm up as a class so whatever," Baekhyun walked over and sat next to you, you leaned away from him casually, causing him to act hurt.

    " C'mon! We could be friends one day!" He said. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you thought.

    " I 'll tell you more about the school if you want, 'Kay, so... every year we have 2 showcases and 1 tour/ trip. sound interesting enough to make you stop ignoring me? Baekhyun said again.

    " First of all I wasn't ignoring you... I just didn\t feel like talking, second... tell me more about the showcase and tour." You put your book down and turned to face him. still maintaining your distance.

    " Well, we have one showcase during the second month of school, so November, and another during the second last month of school. You probably know what showcases are right? So the teachers recommend about 25-ish students or groups, and we hold a performance while companies come and watch us perform. And the trips are like,workshops, though we usually have at least 1 or two performances, anyways, it's really fun. We go somewhere new everytime, Kinda like a tour. It's overnight for five days and four nights." Baekhyun rambled.

    "Where did you guys go last year, for the tour?" You questioned him.

    " I don't know... I didn't go, this is my first year,,." He chuckled. You nodded and made a mental note to ask Krystal later. You guys sat in silence for a few seconds then you went back to your book., realizing that Baekhyun wasn't going to talk any more. It was when you just got into your book that the door opened and disturbed you. As you looked up you saw Kyungsoo walk in. 

    " Hey guys." |Kyungsoo greeted and sat down behind Baekhyun,

    " Oh, D.O, when's that singing duet thingy due?" Baekhyun turned around. 

    " Tuesday... I think." Kyungsoo replied. They started talking about things you didn't care about so you went back to reading. 

   Over the next few minutes, the students trickle in and it had gotten too loud for you to concentrate. You put your book down as the teacher walked in.

    " Well class, today, I'll let you guys focus on your duests with your partners for this class, but don't goof off, if you do. we'll do somethign else alright?" The teacher warned. The students replied with a chorus of 'alright's.

For the rest of the class you and Kyungsoo worked on getting harmonies perfect and went over how the two of you would perform. Time flew by and before you and Kyungsoo knew, the bell rung, signaling a class change. You bid goodbye to Kyungsoo and left for dance class.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Lol I finally updated... Sorry for making you guys wait... XP Also, the fireflies video was found on youtube so credits go to him! 

I plan to write another chapter soon so please anticipate that! Oh! Thank you to my 34 subbies!~ YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Thanks for subbign when I don't deserve it! The story is going to pick up in the next 20 chapters... <----- lol useless... Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for reading!

BAIZ!~ < 3