Wish #5.

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

183-genie-lamp-icon.png Chapter 5 

❝I wish to be intelligent.❞

 

Krystal

Ever since this morning, Luhan would pop in and out of sight at the wrong times just so he could catch me flustered and looking idiotic. One minute, I was explaining to people around my house what he was doing here, and the next, I was explaining why I had been "talking to myself" for the past 10 minutes.

 

On top of that, he would install some sort of voodoo magic to everyone he meets at the house, saying that him being around was "normal." Apparently, he was my "future fiancé", that he had the permission to come and go as he pleased. He even had a long conversation with Appa about some business deals as if it was something regular that happened between the two of them. According to Appa's secretary, Luhan was "the son of a very wealthy family and was in need of a new lawyer for their upcoming company.”

 

To me, he was still the annoying, scary genie who was undeniably handsome, but a monster at heart.

 

"Stay out of my way. Don't think you’re all mighty and sh*t just because you can pop in and out of sight as you please. And DON'T put anymore magic on people's minds to say you’re my boyfriend." I my heel, lowering my sunglasses to the bridge of my nose. "Got it? Or have I been 'talking to myself again'?"

 

Luhan shrugged, "Your call." He added his killer pearly white smile that caused me to melt and boil in anger at the same time. I growled as I turned back around, stomping my heels against the concrete, trying to hold myself back from swinging this bag of mine in his face.

 

I deferred that thought, figuring that my white designer purse did not need to risk the damage of possible bloodstains.

 

If it weren't for that damn genie visitor, I wouldn't have to be walking 2 blocks to get to school. Sure, it was my fault that I asked the driver to let me be, but it was for precaution; I had to drill into the Genie's head that he needed to either go away for good or at least momentarily, so I could clear up this drama he had caused. My friends, and surprisingly my boyfriend, have been texting me nonstop about the mystery man I had went home with last night. I know I could depend on Luhan's voodoo magic to put in some kind of story or something, but I couldn't risk installing the "future fiancé" story in their minds.

 

"Noona, relax alright? I'll make sure to keep an eye on him too." Jay reassured me. "I mean... if he decides to show himself to me, of course..." Overall, Luhan had come around to showing Jay his presence after he had rushed in, hearing my angry voice carry in the hallway, watching me fight with air to get my breakfast back. To my surprise, Jay remembered who Luhan was. Apparently, they had gotten to know each other on the magic carpet ride home as I was maniacally singing "A Whole New World"repeatedly until I passed out.

 

"Since you know of my true identity, I can also appear in front of you without other people noticing,” Luhan replied to Jay. "Besides that, I shall follow my master's orders and keep out of her way for now. Plus, I shall not use my magic to intercept the human thoughts and mechanisms."

 

I stopped and my heel again, causing Jay and Luhan to halt as well. I pointed to Luhan, "Since when did you start taking orders from me, huh??"

 

"You are my master. I have to follow your commands for us to stay in good terms." Luhan pulled off his deathly, charming eye smile of his. I clenched my fist in annoyance. God, how much I wanted to scratch his pretty little face.

 

He wasn’t worth breaking a nail for.

 

"Forget all those commands and listen to this one," I cupped my hands around my mouth as if I was holding a megaphone, "GO AWAY FOR-EVERRR."

 

"Nah-ah-ah." Luhan wagged his finger at me. "That order I cannot follow."

 

I let out a laugh sarcastically and crossed my arms over my chest, "And why not?! You’re able to appear and disappear when you please. So why not, oh I don't know... DO THAT NOW AND NEVER SHOW YOURSELF AGAIN?!"

 

"Noona, even I know why he can't do that" Jay interrupted, becoming the sudden mediator of our situation. He pointed to Luhan, "You see Luhan here, has a duty to fulfill. His duty is to get you..." He pointed at me, "To make your remaining 2 wishes so that he..." Jay pointed back at Luhan, "Can go back to his land of Genies and fulfill your request..." He turned to me again, "Of wanting him to go away forever."

 

I clenched my teeth behind my pursed lips, keeping myself from screaming in defeat. Instead, I turned around once more, walking even faster without looking back at the, now, two annoying people of my life. Why out of everyone, was I stuck with this genie thingy-ma-bobber?! I mean, helloooo... Weren't Genies supposed to appear to the people who need help in their lives? What help do I need? I’m doing perfectly fine as far as money and status went.

 

Unless he could bring back people from the dead, then I didn’t need his assistance whatsoever.

 

"Krystal!!" I followed the voices calling out for me and recognized my posse waiting by the front gates of the schoolI pushed away my hangover and pulled in a smile, waving to them as they scurried towards me.

 

"Walking to school after the deathly party last night?" Jesy wriggled her eyebrows at me.

 

"The car broke down a few blocks from school." I lied, pointing at my heels. "Besides, I needed to break in these Jimmy Choos anyway, so why not?"

 

"Oh! And I love that necklace!" my friend Annie said coming forward and taking the charm between her fingertips. "Where did you get this from?" 

 

"My grandmother gave it to me when I visited Korea" I replied, an image of Luhan appearing in my mind. Chills ran down my spine, and it wasn't in a good way either. 

 

He was seriously getting under my skin... and this necklace was NOT helping.

 

"Krystal, you HAVE to give us the deets on the mystery man you left with last night," Annie exclaimed as she popped her bubble gum in excitement.

 

"YES YES YES!! And don't tell me he was nothing to you, because that look y'all were giving each other..." Jesy pointed two fingers on her eyes then back at mine. "You can't deny anything..."

 

"Girls, girls, girls..." I said while running my hands through my hair, letting it naturally fall in its place. As I was about to say something about the situation, I faked a wince, dramatically losing balance on my heels. The girls gasped as Jesy caught me in her arms. Annie started to fan me with her notebook. I reached out to the brightness of the sunlight weakly.

 

"This hangover is such a piss off…I feel so weak and so vulnerable and--" I acted out a hoarse voice, seemingly distressed. The girls shook their head no.

 

"Maybe we can talk about this later when you feel better, huh?" Annie lifted me up on my feet, pleasantly placing my purse on my shoulder.

 

"Yeah, yeah, for sure, later!" I shrugged and nodded, not pushing my acting any further. I fixed my sunglasses, taking my place between the two. "So what's the gossip going around school?"

 

"Well nothing overly dramatic except for you leav--" I turned to Annie whose mouth was covered by Jesy's hands. I smiled, giving Jesy a mental thank you and then we continued to walk, blending in with the students of Beverly Hills High.

 

Now, don't think that this is some kind of Mean Girl's movie where I walk down the hallways with people making way for my crew and I. Uhm, no. For one, this is a school filled with the Plastics, both men and women alike. You would be damned and laughed at if you acted like some high queen of the world because in reality, everyone knew that they were one, in their own way. Second, this was the real world and there’s really no such thing as the "popular group" in high school. There were cliques, yes, but not all high and mighty status sh*t that rules the school; Referring back to number one.

 

Plus, I learned everything the hard way upon first coming here to the States.

 

As I walked down the wide concrete path leading up to the school's front doors, the front yard was already crowded with the cliques in their place; all passing their time. Waiting until the bell would ring for first period. One clique in particular had caught my eye, and it was the basketball team. I quickly turned my vision towards their captain who I already felt was staring at me ever since I stepped on the school grounds. I saw him say something to his teammates before he started walking towards me.

 

I sighed and halted my steps, pushing my sunglasses on the top of my head. The girls stopped a few steps ahead of me, realizing I wasn’t on their pace. They then retraced their steps backwards, leaning in towards me.

 

"Krystal, I thought you were going to deal with this stitch later." Annie whispered rather loudly in my ear. I heard her blow a bubble, and I quickly turned around popping it.

 

"Shhhh… Look, Jackson's almost here." I took my finger and placed it on Annie's chin, forcing her to face my boyfriend who was coming our way. I looked in between the both of them as I whispered, "Let me do all the talking and DO NOT burst in to say anything, alright??" The two girls nodded.

 

"Well well, if it isn't my girlfriend Krystal and her little minions." We all turned around, staring at the male wearing the latest pair of Jordan's, approaching us. I smiled at him, Jackson.

 

Game. Set. Match.

Luhan

I watched as Krystal stormed ahead without turning back, soon meeting up with two other girls. I let out a small laugh, watching her pretend to faint.

 

This girl was something else.

 

"Guess it's just you and I, buddy." Jay put an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his side. I was never a big fan of this type of touching, especially with the other Genies at home.

 

I tried to pry myself away from him, but he kept his grip strong as he began to talk, "Welcome to Beverly Hills High, my friend." Jay pointed at the words plastered above the gates of the school. As he drawled on about the school, I couldn't do anything but walk and pretend to listen. I took a look around, noting my surroundings; it has been a while since I served a high school student.

 

"Oh hey, wait a second." Jay stopped in the middle of the concrete path and turned to me, "Am I talking to myself? Or can other people see you too?"

 

I pulled out from his grip and nodded. Jay scratched the back of his head, laughing nervously. 

 

"Jayyyyyy!" A group of guys sprang towards him. I moved aside before one of his friends could walk through me since I was still invisible to everyone. As Jay reunited with his friends, I decided that this was the time for me to follow through with my plan. I walked away to look for Krystal, but there were so many girls that were just as primped and dolled as she was. Looking around at the crowd, I realized that the majority were of Krystal's kind: rich and spoiled.

 

Even the nerds had a sense of fashion.

 

Judging by the group Jay was in, it looked like he was part of a hip-hop music-loving group, or as the kids called it these days, ones with “swag” and “hype”. I continued my search for Krystal, looking at the cheerleaders, where Jay's eyes were on before. Nope, not there. I looked at the next group on campus: the sports girls. I shook my head, Krystal playing sports?

 

I laughed as I pictured her sitting on the ground in the middle of a game, crying because of a broken nail or frizzed hair.

 

"Wonder where she belongs..." I thought out loud to myself. I looked around at the possible cliques she may be a part of, but no luck. It wasn't until a student ran through me with her group of friends did I catch the words "Krystal" and "Jackson" in her sentence. I followed her and soon enough, I was guided to the very middle of the concrete path where a crowd had gathered around. I heard a familiar voice above, so I made my way to the front with my invisible self.

 

Found her.

 

"God, Jackson, grow up will you?" I watched as Krystal rubbed her temples, seemingly distressed as she tapped the toe of her heels against the floor. Her friends behind her nodded in agreement, showing just as much contempt. I looked over at Jackson and his buddies who were just smiling and laughing obnoxiously.

 

"Baby, baby, babyyy" Jackson said as he stepped forward, leaning into her ear. He smiled as he winked at the crowd watching, then loudly whispered, "Didn't I already show you how much of a man I am in bed?"

 

The boys in the crowd hollered and hooted as they came behind him, cheering him on. The girls’ emotions were going nuts; some hysterically excited and others deeply disgusted.

 

Krystal, surprisingly, stood her ground as she scoffed and flipped her hair, "A man in bed you say?" She took a sudden interest in her nails as she casually replied, "I'm sorry, but the last thing I remembered from our escapade... You like it better when I’m  on top; when I dominate the bed." Krystal looked up, facing Jackson. "So technically, who’s the man now?" The shouts and excitement grew even louder on Krystal's behalf, leaving Jackson to stand there and admit defeat. Krystal wore her sunglasses, turning on her heel just as the bell for class rang, which in sheer coincidence, gained her a crowd that followed behind. It created the effect that she had left the battle with her army following behind after her victory. I watched as she carried herself across the front yard into the school. So she had character…

 

Cute.

[5th period; Pre-Calculus]

"No talking. No cheating. You all know the rules." The teacher announced as she watched the students distribute the test packets amongst themselves. Krystal took her packet in her hand, heaving a deep sigh as she flipped to the last page: 30 Multiple Choice Questions.

 

"You may begin!" The teacher dramatically started the stopwatch on her desk as the students opened up their test packets to start on the first page. I sat on the edge of one of the student’s desk next to Krystal, placing my feet on the metal bar to get comfortable as I watched her work out the first problem.

 

Following Krystal around since her first class, I would have expected that she didn't necessarily care about school whatsoever. In fact, I had been catching little details about her telling me otherwise. For starters, although she sat close to the back with her friends, Krystal actually took notes. Not just any scribble scrabble crappy notes or girly doodles, but readable and understandable notes that I could even decipher. Though her friends would bother her every once in a while, Krystal was able to write the teacher's lecture down while socializing with her friends, multitasking like no other.

 

On top of that, with the grades she received in her classes, I figured she wasn't that bad of a student but neither was she a good one. She had more B's and C's in her core classes and an A in her Fine Arts class. What didn't make sense to me was that her notes were like a simpler version of a textbook, if I had to say something nice about her, they actually seemed flawless and productive. Was she purposely not trying hard enough in school?

 

Was she… dumbing her own potential self?

 

To test my theory, I watched closely as she took her test. I kept myself invisible so I could discern her movements, without looking like a creep or a stalker. She was already on question 20 within the 15 minutes where I was aimlessly staring at the pie chart on the whiteboard. Looking around the other desks, some of her classmates were either in the single digits or the 10's. Turning back to watch her do her work, I saw her solve the equation, properly getting the correct answers. She placed the tip of her pencil above the correct letter, creating a small, single dot. Her next move sent me into a shock; she bubbled in the wrong answer. And if I wasn't mistaken...

 

She did it intentionally.

 

I stood up, watching her even closer, our foreheads almost touching as she finished the last few questions of her test. She would bubble in the correct answers at times, but she would also mark a dot on the correct letter, then purposely pick a wrong answer at most. By the end of the test, she strategically erased and filled in bubbles here and there; keeping a calculation for her to get a B or high C.

 

It somehow angered me, watching her do this. Why would she do such a thing?! Why is she stooping herself down?! Then I thought about the grades I had seen, she was doing this for all her classes? Playing dumb? As if she didn't know any better than her friends or jerk of a boyfriend??

 

I thought deeply with the situation at hand, a thought crossing my brain. I never really cared about the masters I had. I made sure to have no personal attachments… But this was no personal attachment; this was just a matter of time to find out more about Krystal. Once I find out why she acted like she did...

 

I could probably use it against her to make those last 2 wishes.


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted On

July 11, 2015