Wish #14

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

183-genie-lamp-icon.png Chapter 14 

❝I wish to never be cheated on.❞

 

Krystal

[2 weeks later, Mall]

"Krystal! Look!" I turned my head to Jesy who was holding out a dress from the rack. "How about this one??"

 

I shook my head, "Nope, not that one.”

 

"How about this one?" Annie asked, pulling out another dress. I shook my head again.

 

"What about this one?" Jesy took out a skimpier, more revealing dress. 

 

If you could even call it a dress. It was barely hanging on the hanger with the few pieces of fabric it had.

 

"Jesy, don't be such a " I swatted away the dress, turning my head back to the rack and shook my head. "Let's be serious here, alright??" My fingers ran through the various items, eyes scanning for any dress that fits my taste. "Thanksgiving is in 2 days and I still have nothing to wear for that Fashion Show I was told to attend." I rolled my eyes, thinking of the past two weeks having to be put under Lydia's watchful eye. Don't get me wrong, I love that it’s for charity and the less fortunate; it just bothered me that I was forced to help Lydia with last minute details.

 

"Krystal can help you plan out any last minute details" my father had said.

 

"Yeah, Noona loves fashion so she'll have a LOT of fun!" Jay put in.

 

"It'll be fun, Krystal DARLING" I winced as Luhan enunciated the last word with such clarity. It annoyed me when he would call me silly little couple names in front of Appa, Jay and Lydia.

 

"UGH, THAT SON OF A IS GOING TO PAY!!" I grunted under my breath, unsuccessfully going through yet ANOTHER rack. "WHERE THE HELL IS HE ANYWAYS?!" Luhan and Jay also came with us to look for something to wear at the fashion show. Ever since we arrived at the mall, I haven't heard or seen the two. They just ran off without telling anyone.

 

"Where's who?" Annie walked towards me, popping her bubblegum. Jesy followed behind her.

 

"LUHAN--and oh, uhm..." I cleared my throat after the sudden outburst, surprising the others in the store. "Jay. You know... Just keeping tabs on my brother and his friend and yeah..." 

 

"Oh, last time I saw them... they were heading for the food court," Jesy pointed as she looked through a new rack of clothes.

 

"The food court??" I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, of course..." I took out my cell phone, scrolling through certain names until I saw the one name that stood out. I tapped my screen and called the number.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"HELLOOO, EARTH TO LUHAN" I exclaimed as I stepped out of the store to better express myself with less public embarrassment. "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??"

 

"Oh, I'm at the Food Court with your brother," Luhan replied nonchalantly. I shook my head, hitting the palm of my hand to my forehead. Why must all guys hit the food court upon arriving at any mall? Is it like... the man-cave central? Men-maintain-dignity status area? Ugh, it was so typical of Jay to act like this. He probably used the "I'm a growing boy, I need food" excuse. Jay didn't enjoy shopping unless it was for a pair of new shoes. It was always me that would take the initiative to buy him clothes and style him up for events like these.

 

If I let him loose, god knows what he would wear to the fashion show… Probably those basketball shorts paired with a white tee and Jordans.

 

"Are you guys almost done?" I asked while looking at my wristwatch. "I have to be home in 2 hours to help--" I cringed, "Ly-di-ah..." I shook my body in response to the name that had just rolled off my tongue. 

 

"Wait, don't you mean to call her... Lyds?" Luhan started laughing on the other line. I cringed one more time. When Luhan had struck a deal with me during the movies, I had done my part to get to know her better. I guess I was successful since she’s been insisting I call her “Lyds”. Apparently a name that her "friends" call her. Me?! Friends with Lydia?! I wanted to choke myself, thinking of the matching Juicy Couture sweat suits she would probably make me wear if it ever came to THAT point. 

 

Besides, the name itself was embarrassing to say… Like, who the hell wants to be called something that sounds like a plasticware thingy-ma-bobber?!

 

"Don't move, I'm going to meet you there NOW." I hung up without another word, going back inside the store to find Jesy and Annie. I told them that I had to go help Jay and Luhan find something to wear for the show.

 

"Why would Luhan need any help??" Jesy asked as we all walked out of the store.

 

"Yeah, that guy KNOWS how to dress" Annie chimed in as she popped her bubblegum again. She let out a sigh, "Ugh, what I would do to see that man in a nice tux..." 

 

"And his hair styled in the perfect coif" Jesy said looking up at the sky with Annie holding onto her; the two of them imagining a dressed up Luhan. 

 

"Ugh, he'll look like any other dude who can groom himself properly: decent, practical, and nothing special." I rolled my eyes, showing truth in my words, but I was also imagining Luhan in an attire as such. 

 

Oh. Hot. Damn.

 

I shook my head furiously as I stomped away, waving a quick goodbye, leaving Jesy and Annie to day dream to themselves. Ever since that one night 2 weeks ago, I have been imagining Luhan in the....weirdest situations. Not like, erted dreams or anything but more of the fact that I have... maybe... I don't know... how do I say this? A potential little-tiny-itsy-bitsy-attraction to him. Not because he is hot and handsome (okay, I admit he is) which were 2 of my favorite "H" words after "handbags". I was attracted to him probably because... Well...

 

Him.

 

For starters, ever since he "enrolled" to my school, Luhan got along with most of the student body. He didn't really belong to any sort of "clique"; he was a drifter. One day he would be hanging out with the geeks, the band nerds next, and another minute he’d be with the Punk Rock group. Watching him interact with everyone, the smiles and laughter he would put on people's faces... I envied him for not having to worry about such an image just to hang out with those kinds of people. If I were to be seen hanging out with them, my image would be ruined for good. I mean why would a prim and proper girl, like myself, be talking to people like them? I'd treat them indifferently, get what I wanted, then adios, see you never. But deep inside... I wanted to compare answers and talk about scientific theories with the geeks. I wanted to read music and play funny songs on an instrument with the band nerds. I wanted to jam and rock out to the latest Punk Rock groups.

 

I just wanted to be free, like him.

 

I continued to walking towards the Food Court, which wasn't too far away now. As I was passing by shops and stores, window shopping to my heart’s content, I suddenly spotted a familiar cap, worn backwards, who was beside a girl through the store window. Not just any girl... He was standing next to, "All-Talk-No-Action-Anna". Squinting harder, I had found myself almost pressed against the window to mentally capture the scene before me. Jackson and HER were holding hands. The two got closer to each other now…

 

Ha, they’re kissing.

 

Now in any given situation, I know a regular girl would march in there and confront the pair. I on the other hand… Just walked away, going faster than my pace from before. Was I mad? Eh. Upset? Eh. Hurt? Yeah, cause urgh, I actually give him action and not just talk about it like "All-Talk-No-Action-Anna".

 

Besides, this wouldn't be the first time I caught him cheating on me.

 

As if it was a routine, I immediately took my cell phone out of my purse looking for "bae's" name in my phonebook. Pressing his name to start a call, I hid behind a column that was a few feet away from the pair. I watched as Jackson's lips detached from hers and answered his phone. 

 

"Jackson speaking," he answered as I watched him give his flirty eyebrow look to Anna, slapping her right after. She giggled a bit, slapping Jackson on the arm, making me cringe. Not because I was jealous, but because that was such a corny, childish girly move only I know HE would fall for.

 

"Babe, it’s meeee," I sang. Jackson's eyes widened a bit, shushing Anna from uttering another word. I rolled my eyes, seeing how useless his tactics were since Anna was now holding on to him even tighter, laughing louder.

 

"Oh-whoa-oh-Krystal, MY LADY," Jackson emphasized loudly while looking at Anna. She immediately realized what was going on and let go, finally shutting herself up. "Babe, what are you calling me for?" 

 

"I just wanted to know how you were doing in New York right now since you didn't call me last night..." I watched as Jackson readjusted his cap, indicating he was getting nervous. "You said you would call me!"

 

"Oh sorry, it must have slipped my mind", Jackson lied through his teeth, watching the upset Anna pout and start to walk away from him. He grabbed her wrist, giving her a signal not to leave him just yet. 

 

"That busy, huh?" I asked as Anna was getting super impatient, watching Jackson give more attention to me over the phone.

 

"Yeah, oh so super busy..." Jackson winked at Anna, causing her to cover and erupt in a fit of giggles. I stuck a finger down my mouth pretending to gag, watching the scene. Super busy? Ha, he was probably ing--or excuse me, only hitting makeout base--with "All-Talk-No-Action-Anna." 

 

"I miss you SO much already, baeee" I cooed over the phone, faking a sigh. "I can't believe you’re all the way in New York when you know that I would still be here in California and..." I started adding more nonsensical words of how I felt about him leaving for the next few minutes. I watched as Anna’s cuteness was slowly fading, her expression replaced with anger. Jackson on the other hand was quietly signaling for her not to leave, saying he would buy her something. I grew angry myself, seeing as my "long-worried-girlfriend" tactic wasn't working to chase the girl away. I had to move to plan B... 

 

"What are we looking at??" I heard a whisper behind me which caused me to shriek, almost dropping my phone. I looked over my shoulder, spotting a short boy with wide eyes and dark hair, smiling at me.

 

"Krystal?? Krystal what's happening?! Kry-An-no-WAIT" Jackson yelled over the phone. I looked back at the window, Anna had finally stormed out of the store. Jackson stood there, throwing his cap on the ground and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" I asked the stranger as I stepped away from the column, pulling the unidentified stranger along with me. He oddly complied with me, walking behind as if there was nothing wrong. "I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE FREAKING--"

 

"Noona?" I looked to my front as Jay and Luhan approached me. They gave me a weird look, "Noona... who are you shouting at?"

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHO AM I SHOUTING AT?! DO YOU SEE THIS??" I shook the arm of the boy behind me, then turned around just watching him smile oh so innocently. I faced Luhan and Jay who still looked a confused.

 

"Noona... Uhm... There’s no one there...."

 

As I was about to open my mouth to say something... This situation felt all too familiar... Didn't this happen between the three of us that one fateful morning when Luhan came into my life? As in Luhan the GENIE... And if this event happening right now was not a coincidence.... Then the boy I am holding onto...

 

Was a genie himself.

Luhan

I looked down at the ground, shaking my head as Krystal was blowing off words of steam, stating how there was in fact, a boy behind her. Jay couldn't see him, but me? I could see him crystal clear.

 

He is after all a genie like myself.

 

Instead of telling Krystal so, I was quite amused as to how this whole situation was turning out. Kyungsoo was too, just standing there smiling like the idiot that he was. He kept looking at me giving me a wink to just play along as I nodded my head.

 

"Krystal calm down," I shut her up in the midst of her rampage. Not that she was afraid of me, but probably because she was shocked that someone dared to order her around. If anything, I was more afraid of her than she was of me.

 

"CALM DOWN?!" She shook Kyungsoo's arm ferociously. "YOU ARE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN FOR ALL I KNOW THIS GUY COULD HAVE BEEN STALKING ME ALL THIS TIME AND--"

 

"I think you may be seeing things..." Jay grabbed Krystal’s free arm. "Come on Noona... Maybe you need to spray yourself with some perfume to get your senses running, huh?" Jay tugged Krystal, causing her to let go of Kyungsoo's arm. "Besides, you need to help me find something to wear for Thursday!"

 

"BUT WE CAN'T JUST--" Krystal pointed at Kyungsoo, but was quickly silenced when Jay slapped a hand over . Only he was able to do such actions... If I tried doing that, she probably would’ve taken a bite out of me.

 

"Luhan Hyung, why don't you 'that boy' to the police then, huh?" Jay gave obvious winks to play along with Krystal’s hallucinations. "Apparently, whoever that boy is has upset my Noona and she must gain her justice..."

 

"MDJSOPWNDOXNEH" Krystal muffled through Jay's hand as they started to walk away in the opposite direction. When they turned to a corner and was out of sight, I looked over my shoulder where Kyungsoo was. 

 

"Yah, Kyungsoo!" he flinched at my sudden outburst. "What brings you here to Earth? Another master??"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, "Nope, just wanted to check on what was taking the one and only Luhan Hyung SO long with his mission." He shot his eyebrows up, slightly bending his chin down. "I can understand why now..."

 

"So you understand how much of a pain in the my master is too?" I chuckled as my feet naturally started moving. Kyungsoo followed me, staying by my side.

 

"Not exactly..." He elbowed me a bit. "She's quite a catch, hyung. I wouldn't be too sad if you turned human for--" I stopped on my tracks, turning around to give Kyungsoo a glare. He smiled innocently, scratching the back of his neck with his hand. "Oops... Did I say that out loud?”

 

I smacked his head with the back of my hand. "Yeah, stupid. Out loud is correct." I walked into the first tailor shop I saw and gave the sales clerk my size and measurements. The man nodded his head, scurrying to the back to get a suit. I chuckled as I sat down, feeling genie powers still intact with myself. I still had the charm and the dominance over humans, why would I want to become one of them? And for a human? Nonetheless... For Krystal?

 

In HER dreams.

 

"Well, in all seriousness, Hyung... You haven't been home for almost 3 months..." Kyungsoo sat in the lounge chair beside me. "We've been watching you on your genie caller, and we all agree that you and your master have a--special relationship."

 

"You've been watching me in my own genie caller?!" I raised my voice in slight anger. "You were on my property without ME?!" 

 

"Hyung, please calm down... You’re scaring the humans" Kyungsoo pointed at some staff, looking at us in a creepy, questioning way. I looked over at Kyungsoo. I looked at the humans. I looked back at Kyungsoo again.

 

"Kyungsoo," I telepathically echoed my thoughts in his head. "Have you been invisible all this time while I’ve been sitting here, talking to you?!" Kyungsoo nodded. I sighed.

 

Oh, the joys of Karma... Now I knew how much of an idiot Krystal and Jay felt whenever I pulled this trick on them.

 

"Excuse me sir..." The sales clerk from before had walked up to me. "If you're ready, shall I take you to the fitting room?" 

 

I stood up and followed the man to the back of the store where all the fitting rooms were. Kyungsoo stayed at the store front. I passed by a familiar looking girl who was on one of the waiting room chairs, as if she was waiting for someone. When I finally did pass by her, we made eye contact, and I acknowledged her by giving a smile. The girl shot back a cheesy smile, over doing the effect of subtleness. As I entered the assigned fitting room, I couldn't help but chuckle at her obvious attraction for me.

 

Humans.

 

ing my Polo shirt, I could hear hushed whispers in the room next to mine. Now, normally I would ignore these kinds of things... But the voice sounded familiar... Too familiar... I pressed my ear against the wall, letting my powers do the rest of the work.

 

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh-em-gee!" A girl exclaimed with squeals of excitement from the next room. "Luhan is here!!!"

 

"Who’s here?!" I heard a boy reply. The huskiness in that voice... The tone... Was that Jackson next door? And if it was... What was he doing here in California with that girl? If anything, I clearly remember Krystal telling me that Jackson would be in New York for Thanksgiving. Unless...

 

"Luhan! You know, that hot transfer student from that one Asian country!" The girl squealed. I finally recognized her voice as well; if I'm not mistaken... She was nicknamed "All-Talk-No-Action-Anna." If that was true, then what was this Anna girl doing with Jackson? Was she... was she getting "action" from Jackson? Did this mean that...

 

Jackson was cheating on Krystal?!

 

"Anna, we have to get out of here, quick!!" Jackson moaned in hushed tones. I could hear various items being shuffled around here and there.

 

"Jackson you just got here though! What's the big rush?" Anna asked. "Besides, why don't you go say hi to him? He’s your teammate after all and--"

 

"NO! ANNA! I CAN'T!" Jackson's whispers got louder. "Luhan is not only my enemy... But, he happens to be one of KRYSTAL'S ACQUAINTANCES."

 

"Acquaintances?? But... Krystal doesn't take that sea class we have at school how can she--"

 

"ANNA, KRYSTAL AND LUHAN ARE FRIENDS," Jackson finally blew, raising his voice at a level where there was no need of my genie powers. "IF LUHAN FINDS OUT THAT WE'RE ING AROUND AND ... HE'LL TELL KRYSTAL & WE'LL BOTH BE SCREWED."

 

I smiled to myself. Hell yeah, he was screwed... I snapped my fingers; the suit I was supposed to try was now packaged in a shopping bag that looked exactly like the one from the store. I didn't have time to go and pay, I needed to escape and find Krystal ASAP to tell her everything I had just heard before Jackson scores some BS talk with her. I poofed myself out of the tailor shop with Kyungsoo by my side, teleporting us outside the store Krystal was in. Not only did the genie lamp on her neck signified that she was my master, but it acted as a tracker as well. I would always know where Krystal was no matter what. It came in handy at times like these.

 

"Omo! Whoa... What the--" Kyungsoo looked deeply confused at his surroundings as he stood up from the fall he had gotten from teleporting with me. "Weren't we just in--" 

 

"Yes, but this is urgent," I began speed walking towards Neiman Marcus, where Krystal and most probably Jay were. "Apparently, my master is being cheated on by her own boyfriend." 

 

"Oh, are you talking about that guy with his snapback on backwards that's with that red-headed girl??" Kyungsoo asked as he stepped on the escalator behind me. Wait, did he just describe Jackson??

 

"Uh, yeah... Wait, how do you know?" I asked, stepping off the escalator. I was now using my genie powers to sense where she was exactly.

 

"Oh because that's who your master was looking at when I first found her hiding behind the column," I stepped off the escalator, facing Kyungsoo. He stepped off as well, eyes gawking in interest on a shirt. "He was in a store with that girl acting all couple-like and stuff."

 

"Really now..." It wasn't a question. It was more of a reassurance... And an idea was now forming in my head. An idea that may or may not just get me Krystal's next wish.

 

"Oh! Hyung!" I looked over my shoulder to see Jay holding a few shopping bags while Krystal was behind him wearing a pair of new sunglasses, holding nothing. As she approached Kyungsoo and I, she tipped down her shades and pointed at Kyungsoo while keeping eye contact with me.

 

"He's one of YOUR kind, isn't he??" She snarled raising the corner of her lip. 

 

Kyungsoo silently chuckled to himself as I turned to Krystal with a smile. "Which 'he' are you referring to??" I looked around and winked at Kyungsoo. I looked at Krystal innocently, "I see no one." 

 

Krystal removed her sunglasses aggressively, making a few strands of hair cover her face. She gave a low growl, baring her teeth looking like her own dog when he was upset. "LUHAN YOU LITTLE--" Krystal started to charge towards me, and I stood there standing my ground. A human taking on a genie in a fight? Nonetheless, a girl?? I knew that Krystal could pack a punch here and there from the kickboxing workouts I watched her do in her room, so she may have a chance.

 

Maybe I should fake myself a bruise or two for her satisfaction? 

 

"Oh! Whoa! Hey there, Noona!!" Jay quickly came in between us, blocking her attacks towards me. "Let's not do this now, huh?" He turned to me. "And Hyung, I see that boy now too. There’s no need to play along with this type of shenanigans to make Noona angry anymore, all right? Game over."

 

"Oh?? He can see me?!" Kyungsoo asked as he started patting himself. He pointed at Jay then to me repeatedly, "Does he know about--"

 

I nodded, "Yeah, he knows about us."

 

"SO WAIT, YOU WERE PLAYING AROUND WITH ME TOO?!" Kystal exclaimed, running her fingers through her hair, revealing her face again. I dare say... Seeing Krystal angry like this was sort of a turn on. The reason why I liked to was because I enjoyed seeing this side of her. Then again, maybe this time I had taken it too far, but maybe I was just over thinking. Eh, probably just over thinking... If I did think I took the joke too far, that would mean I actually cared about how she felt. A step away from becoming attached to her was a step away from possibly falling for a human.

 

"UGH YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST--" Krystal put her sunglasses back on and raked her fingers through her hair again. " ALL OF YOU." She her heel, exiting towards the parking lot. I watched as she took her car keys out of her purse in an obvious fashion, signaling that she was ready to make her way home without us.

 

"Is she going to leave without us?!" Jay exclaimed as he started turning his head back and forth like a lost puppy, shaking the multiple shopping bags in his hands. "We have to follow her!" He started running towards his sister. I shook my head and looked at Kyungsoo, but he wasn't there. I shrugged and snapped my fingers, leading me to the parking lot where Krystal's car was parked. As expected, I had reached her destination before her. I leaned against the side of her car, waiting for her as I heard the clack of her heels hit the concrete.

 

"Okay, babe I get it. I get it" I heard Krystal say. I peeked through the window to see Krystal leaning on the opposite side of her car, talking on the phone. "No Jackson, I believe you."

 

She was talking to Jackson, huh? I smiled as I used my powers to tap into their conversation with my own phone. This phone conversation had now become a three way, and neither Krystal nor Jackson would know it.

 

"I'll buy you something from New York, all right?" I heard Jackson say over the line. "What do you want? Gucci? Chanel? Prada? You name it." Jackson was playing it off as if he was still in New York?? I kept myself from laughing.

 

"Look Jackson, you can't always buy me things and think everything will be okay," Krystal sighed. "I just--let's have a date when you come back all right??"

 

"Oh... A 'date', huh?" Jackson chuckled. "All right a 'date' we shall have..."

 

"Jackson I don't mean , okay?" Krystal countered bluntly, her loud response echoed through the parking lot, causing my eyes to widen a bit. She was very--straightforward. "I mean, let's maybe watch a movie, have dinner, walk around the park and--"

 

"Yeah, sure, fine." Jackson didn't sound too amused with the idea. "Oh! Krystal! I have to go... Duty calls."

 

"Yeah, sure, fine. Bye Jackson..." Krystal hung up without a second word. She wasn't going to confront Jackson about him and "All-Talk-No-Action-Anna"?! Why would she not?! This doesn't seem to match her character at all... If anything I could see her as one of those girls who would make a grand exit. Maybe I was thinking about this all wrong... Maybe she’s actually weak and afraid to confront Jackson about this.

 

Maybe this was the perfect opportunity to grant her a wish to get back at her cheating boyfriend.

 

"NOONA! I'M SORRY! DON'T LEAVE ME!!" I heard Jay's voice resound through the parking lot. I poked my head around the car to see Jay running like a wild man with the shopping bags at hand. Krystal laughed out loud, watching her anxious brother.

 

"Why isn't Luhan following behind you screaming for mercy??" Krystal joked as Jay made it to the car, panting heavily. I rolled my eyes; beg for mercy? From a human? Please...

 

"Right here," I announced, making myself appear from a cloud as if I had used magic to transport myself.

 

Krystal folded her arms across her chest, "Are YOU going to say sorry?" She smiled letting her sunglasses fall to the bridge of her nose, revealing her eyes.

 

"Nope," I shook my head, snapping my fingers to reveal that the car keys she had were now floating at my direction. "Instead, I'll be the one to drive back." I walked past Krystal to the driver's door. "Besides, you should get a tiny nap before you spend some precious time with Lyd-sss."

 

I heard Krystal grunt as she pushed her sunglasses back on, slowly admitting defeat and walking towards the passenger's seat of the car. Jay opened the trunk, placing the bags in the back before entering the SUV himself. As I started the car and put the gear on "reverse", I turned around to check the back and as I did so, I caught a side glance of Krystal's state. She seemed unusually quiet, admitting defeat so quickly. Usually, she would fight back... Was this Jackson thing really getting to her that she now couldn't function normally? I shook my head.

 

Again, why do I even care??


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted on

December 12, 2015


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngAuthor's Note 

Oh hey everybody still out there reading this & actually, well, reading the author's note xD long time no see! 

Just wanted to give a quick message saying how I am officially on Winter Break and hopefully the writing bug comes back so I can create new stories (most likely shorts, nothing too big).

Okay, that's all I got! Don't forget to comment & like my story. If you like this one, don't forget to check out my others too: 

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies 

Now Playing (Collection of Stories) 

Ride or Die