Wish #21

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

183-genie-lamp-icon.png Chapter 21 

❝I wish I could get some peace & quiet..❞

 

[A few days later; BHH Library]

Krystal

"Did you hear about Luhan apparently trying out for the soccer team?"

 

"Oh my god, Luhan is such a freaking hottie! Like, ugh, where has he been all my life?!"

 

"Luhan's a shoe in for Class President if he joined the Student Council"

 

"Luhan--"

 

"Luhan--"

 

I slammed my fist on the table, looking around at the loud chattering going around me. Damn it, this was supposed to be the library! Not the freaking lunch room!! And when the hell did news of Luhan become so important?! Like hellooooo... There was more important news and gossip to follow. For example:

 

Me. Me. Me. And oh! Did I mention me?

 

I flipped the page of the textbook I was reading. God, had Luhan really become this popular over the span of a few months? Actually, wait, come to think of it... Luhan has been here for MONTHS. Didn't he state that he wanted to be here on Earth for as little time as possible?

 

Ha. Ha. HA! Take that, Genie Boy!

 

"Is this seat taken?" I looked up and noticed that it was Luhan who asked. He was already pulling out the seat for himself, letting the legs of the chair creak against the tile floors; I flinched in annoyance at just the noise.

 

"Why'd you even ask?" I rolled my eyes, focusing back on the page with lectures of the digestive system. Speaking of digestive system, I haven't had anything to eat since lunchtime. I've only eaten half a sandwich, 4 chips, 2 M&M's, and spoon of macaroni and cheese

 

God I feel like such a fatass.

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Luhan's eyes twinkle in happiness as he sat right across from me, putting his backpack on the empty chair next to him. What in the hell was he doing here anyways?

 

"Aren't you supposed to be at practice or something... CAPTAIN??" I said bitterly without taking my eyes off of the page of the book. I had been re-reading about the small intestine for the 4th time now, and for some reason, it was reminding me of Italian food... Pasta to be exact.

 

"I ended practice early today." Luhan took out the same textbook I was reading, flipping to the same page I was on. "I figured that since Exams are coming up soon, we could cut practices a little bit short to squeeze in study time, you know?"

 

"Pssht, like you need it, smart ." Seriously though, Luhan scored hundreds on all the subject grades. Was I jealous? No. Actually, if I tried hard enough, then I could be getting all A's in my classes as well. It's just, I decided not to because of the haunting memories of being called a nerd from the past.

 

"With the grades you're getting though, it seems as if you need a little bit of my 'smart '." Luhan began to lean back on his chair, his hands behind his head "You know, I could tutor you if you need help with getting a good grade for the Exam--"

 

I held up a hand to stop him from speaking any further. It was hard enough to control my feelings around him when he was around for 5 minutes... but to be with him alone in a secluded area for an hour... I could only imagine the way my body would react to that slightest touch or smile of his. And omg... what if I get th-that feeling again? You know...

 

That feeling of wanting to kiss him again.

 

"I don't need your help, thank you very much,” I shooed away his offer with my hand. "Actually, Jackson and I are planning to study together with a few friends of ours."

 

Luhan laughed, "Jackson??"

 

I raised a brow, "Yes. Jackson. As in MY BOYFRIEND."

 

"Still?" Luhan asked without a hint of resentment in his statement. I curled my lip and tightened my hands into fists, threatening to punch that grin off his face as I imagined an air punch that would get him right in the nose.

 

"If you mean that I'm still with him, then YES I AM." I wrote down a couple of keynotes from the text I had finally understood, after my 7th read. "Besides, he needs me to be by his side after what happened on Monday."

 

Jackson had the lost team captain title to Luhan.

 

Jackson had been so pissed off and angry that he left school early that day. I only found out during lunch that day, there were rumors flying around the whole school that Jackson had left for that exact reason. After calling him back for confirmation, I also left to go out to try and find him. And I did... I found Jackson making out with another girl at one of his family owned clubs.

 

I have told no one about that part since that day.

 

Luhan shook his head. "Did you not remember the talk we had just a few days ago?"

 

My eyes stopped moving across the page as my body tensed up. Was he trying to joke about my somewhat slip up that I liked him? Or was he serious about the topic? "Which part of it?"

 

Luhan looked confused for a second. "I was talking about the Jackson thing..." Then he smiled, "But, I mean if you wanted to talk about the other part where you confessed your undying love for me..."

 

My jaw almost dropped to the ground. Undying love? HA. I had a crush on him, okay? A small tiny, fangirling crush on him. "Undying love for you? Please. When did I ever say that??"

 

"Well, you never really said it... BUT it was sort of noticeable in the way you talked about our FRIENDship."

 

I rolled my eyes. Alright. He wanted to play that way. Two can play at this game. "Okay. So fine. What if I DO like you, hmmm?" I leaned in, pinching my thumb and forefinger together. "What if I did say I liked you this much? What then? Hmmm?"

 

Luhan's eyes opened a bit more. Ha. So he didn't see this coming, did he?? I rolled my eyes, starting to grab my stuff from the table, putting it in my Prada bag. What did he have to say to that now, hmm?

 

"So you like me, like me?" Luhan questioned, still looking like a lost puppy. I shrugged, leaning over to pinch his cheeks.

 

"I think you are the prettiest, adorable-est man in the world!" I let go of his cheeks, giving him a cute eye smile. "You seem confused..."

 

Luhan opened his mouth, putting a finger up as if he was going to say something. Then he closed it, putting his finger down. I placed my purse around my shoulder, flipping my hair over the part. I had done my part of the plan for today. Let's just see how this "little confession" will turn out the next few weeks or so. I took out a lollipop from my purse, unwrapping it.

 

"It's getting colder outside so I have to stop by the mall to pick up some pajamas... Victoria's Secret's having a sale." I winked at him, then leaned in close, "I guess I'll see you tonight in my new PJ's, huh?" I put the lollipop in my mouth then pulled it back out with a plop sound, suggesting the obvious. Without watching his facial expression change, I the heels of my boots, thanking god that my volumized hair was doing its effect.

 

Genie Boy had it now.

Luhan

What. Had. Just. Happened?

 

One minute I was playing around with her pretty little mind, and the next thing I knew I was getting a taste of my own medicine. Unless, I mean, she really did mean it. That... Krystal actually liked me.

 

I shook my head, opening to a clean page in my notebook as I started to write some notes down. It was expected of her to like me. I was a genie, remember? All girls were attracted to me, whether they liked it or not. So then, why was I so... affected by it? Why was I responding to it as if I was happy about it? That my feelings had been returned. I stopped writing.

 

Feelings returned?? That would mean I--

 

"Ohhh looks like somebody's got it baddd..." I looked up from my writing and saw Jay smiling down at me. He plopped himself down on the seat where Krystal had been sitting before, placing his feet on the chair beside him.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked as casual as possible. I went back to writing down more notes. I heard Jay “tsk” and saw him slightly shake his head.

 

"Hyung, you know... it’s pretty obvious that you've got hots for my sister..." Jay shrugged as if that news was nothing to him.

 

I chuckled, shrugging it off as nothing. If I couldn't mess around with Krystal's mind, maybe the second Park sibling would do. "Oh really?"

 

Jay nodded his head. "Well, to me at least. Since you know... she's my sister. You're her genie." He pointed at me, wagging his finger. "You two are just too stubborn to admit that you like each other in that way."

 

"What way?" I asked. The more I kept coutering him with questions, the more time I could buy for myself to formulate answers.

 

Jay sighed and leaned forward, "Luhan hyung, why don't you just admit to me that you have a thing for her, huh? I actually wouldn't mind you being her boyfriend to be honest."

 

I looked up, arching a brow. "So what if I admit that I like Krystal. Then what?"

 

"Then, well, hooray! Cheers! It's about time something happened between you two." Jay sarcastically clapped and cheered. "You know how hard it is being the third wheel? I feel so choked with the tension you guys usually create. I was to the point of considering to wearing a gas mask around you two."

 

"That obvious, huh?" I laughed.

 

Jay nodded. "I see the way you two look at each other when you aren't throwing daggers with your eyes. I also notice the little acts of kindness you two show towards each other. Plus, I don't know if you notice this... but you two have been color coordinating outfits without even planning it and they look like couple outfits." Jay leaned back on his chair, one arm supporting his head. "If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that you and Noona were a couple."

 

"So we look that natural together, huh?" I asked, thinking over the points Jay had brought up. Maybe I could use Jay as my wingman for the 3rd wish plan. I mean, Jay was the next closest person to Krystal who could help me out with this. I could get him to make Krystal break up with her boyfriend because 1) Jackson doesn't deserve her 2) I "wanted" her for my own. After Krystal, Jay was a very persuasive guy and got almost everything his way. I would usually get help from my Genie brothers, but it would be interesting to see what humans could plan without the use of magic.

 

"Okay, so let's say that I do want to go out with your sister." I closed my textbook and notebook to focus all my attention on the current situation. "Can you help me out?"

 

"I don't know... me manipulating my own sister seems harsh..." Jay smiled. "This will come with a heavy price."

 

It was my turn to smile. "I pay in 20s."

 

Jay's smile widened.

 

"Deal!"

Krystal

[1 hour later; Victoria's Secret]

To: Krystal

From: Jay

Had the talk you wanted me to have with Luhan. I got in!! I'll send you more info on what he has in store for you & oh!

I expect my first batch of 20s under my pillow tonight, Money Fairyyyy. $$$

 

I smiled down at the message on my screen. Jay had infiltrated the enemy. My plan was settling in motion perfectly.

 

"Welcome to Victoria's Secret ma'am. May I be of any help with what you're looking for today?"

 

I glanced up, coming face to face with one of the store clerks. I leaned on the sign, pointing at Adriana Lima in the y pajama wear.

 

"I hear you're having a sale on some pajamas and I'd like to check it out."

 

The lady nodded. "We also have our new collection of lingerie that just arrived as well, if you're interested."

 

"Oh?" I smiled, forming a bright idea in my head. "Then please lead the way."

 

Oh Genie Boy, you have NO idea who you’re messing with.


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted On

 October 1, 2016


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngAuthor's Note 

This update was a long time in the making, huh?? As always, school is taking a toll on my updating soooo~ yeahhhhh 

Thank you to those who decided to stick around (: & hello to the new readers who made it all the way down here reading this. :D