Wish #23.

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

183-genie-lamp-icon.png Chapter 23 

❝I wish to have a boyfriend.❞

 

[A few weeks later; Mall]

Krystal

You bet I studied my off for all of those exams. Apparently, studying my off wasn't good enough. If anything, I would have to given up my soul to the devil if I wanted to make the grade. 

 

"I was THIS close to getting an A on the English exam." I banged my head on the table. "THIS. ING. CLOSE." I wanted to cry; to rip my head off of this body and throw it into the fountain in the middle of the mall.

 

"Ahhh, cheer up Noona" Jay said as he reached over to pat my back. "At least you got A's on all the other exams you took. Besides, it's Winter Break! Exams are over! Appa doubled your allowance for getting good grades! Plus, we're heading to New York soon!"

 

I groaned, slapping my cheeks. I still haven't bought Christmas presents. My suitcases weren't packed. The Burberry coat I waited to go on sale was now on sale, but the store didn't have it in my size. On top of that, I had to keep my side of the bet: break up with Jackson and make a third wish by midnight of New Year's Eve.

 

"Jay, you've got to help me out with this breaking-up-with-Jackson thing!!" I frowned, pleading as I put my hands together. "Please please pleaseeee."

 

"Help you out how?" Jay said, taking a bite of his burger.

 

"Well, help me break up with Jackson somehow!" I whined as I stole a small fry from Jay's tray, stealthily shooting it in my mouth. "You can be, like, my wingman or whatever."

 

Jay's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why don't you just break up with him normally?" He shook his head, taking another bite of his burger. "Do you always have to over-dramatize everything?"

 

I shrugged, "I mean, if it makes me look good, then yeah. Why not?"

 

Jay shook his head while pointing his burger at me. "Yah, Noona. Aren't you supposed to be happy that you're breaking up with Jackson? I mean, you did want me to get you with Luhan, right? Soooo... this would be the perfect excuse to end your 'relationship' with Jackson and start a new one."

 

"And what about your duty in which you're supposed be helping me out?" I pointed out, reminding him of our agreement. "So far, I've been doing all the work on my own, thank you very much."

 

"Sorry! It's just that I have basketball practice and games to compete, keep up with grades, work on some side projects with the guys..." He trailed the end of his sentence off by putting his lips around the straw of his drink. I gave him a look, trying to contemplate the last few words he had said. Urgh, I didn't have time to think about it now... I had bigger problems to worry about.

 

"Look, Luhan will be coming with us to New York so you can continue the job there." I looked at my cell phone to check my new messages, my thumbs dancing across the screen. "I want to be with him by Christmas and no later than that."

 

"By Christmas?" Jay fluttered his eyelashes. "Awwwww how romanticccc." I looked up and reached over to flick his cap off his head, but he dodged it and grabbed my wrist. "Noona, I have a question."

 

I pulled my hand away, crossing my arms over my chest. "As if you already don't ask enough..." I put my chin up, looking down my nose, at my phone. "But, go on."

 

"So, apparently Luhan told me that once the 3rd wish has been granted... the master is the only one who loses memories of the Genie." He sat back, tapping a finger on his chin. "According to the bet, you have to make your 3rd wish by New Year's right?"

 

"I don't see what your point here is, Jay..."

 

"Why do you want to be with him so badly if you're just going to forget about his existence when you make that last wish?" Jay pointed out. "The way I see it, there is actually no point of getting together now since Christmas is in two weeks. Afterwards, New Year's Eve is a week-ish later so like.... what then??"

 

I rolled my eyes. Ugh, why did Jay have to come up with such hard-hitting questions. Should I tell him about the plan I had in store for Luhan? How I would make his heart break in the tiniest of pieces in order for him to know what human pain feels like? Then again, Jay did have a point... After that one "steamy" night, the relationship between us grew somewhat... stronger. Luhan actually took care of me and I took care of him as if we were already a couple. Even during family dinners when Appa and Lydia were there, I would inititally despise Luhan's little show of PDA to play up our "relationship." Now though, it felt more natural and loving; when he would slip his hand in mind or even cut up my meat on my plate... I felt like I was on cloud nine. Plus he would give me kisses on the cheek before he "would leave to go home" and ughhhhhhhh.

 

And after all that Jay said... What good would it be if I were to be in a relationship with Luhan when I'd just forget him anyways?

 

"Speechless, huh?" Jay said after a few moments of silence, my mind still reeling questions. "Well, try and sharpen that mind of yours now because Jackson's heading here in 5..."

 

My eyes widened.

 

"4...."

 

I ran my hands through my soft curls, making sure they were in place.

 

"3..."

 

I looked into the reflective side of the napkin holder on the table to check my face.

 

"2..."

 

I posed casually in my chair.

 

"1..."

 

"Hey Krystal" I heard my boyfriend call from behind. I turned my head around, giving him my best smile.

 

"Hey Jackson" I stood up and gave him a nod. The fries I had been eating off of Jay's tray was starting to jumble around in my stomach; I was growing nervous. I still hadn't created a back up plan that pertained how I would break up would Jackson, and now he was here in flesh.

 

"So, you said you wanted to talk?" He asked as he stuck his hands in the jeans of his pockets. I nodded.

 

"Yeah, let's talk."

Luhan

I followed the couple outside towards a little bench under a tree. I kept my invisible shield up so the only people that would be able to see me was my own kind or other humans who knew of my--

 

"Oh! Luhan hyung is that you?!" I cringed and looked over my shoulder, spotting the familiar boy walking over to me.

 

"Tao what are you doing here??" I rolled my eyes. As if I needed more interference from another genie, just like the last time a particular pair showed up...

 

"I just got done serving a master of mine." He pointed at a man who came out of the orange Corvette. I was guessing that this man wished the three basic wishes in his life; a true 'rag to riches' story. "With the rumors floating around about you still being on Earth and all, I wanted to take a look at it myself."

 

"Well, here you are." I pointed at myself. "All in the flesh and bone. So now, if you excuse me..." I turned back around to watch and hear the conversation happening between Krystal and Jackson. "I have some work to do."

 

"Speaking of workkk..." Tao took the liberty to sit down beside me. He was making it impossible for me to concentrate... "I heard your master is a work of art. Haha! Get it Hyung??" He elbowed me on the side. "Work of art cause I said 'work' before and--"

 

"She's right there" I interrupted as I kept my eyes trained on this "work of art" Tao had mentioned. From the corner of my eye, I saw Tao magically form a pair of binoculars and used it to observe Krystal from afar.

 

"HA-WHOA-WOW!" Tao exclaimed. He was now half crouching and half standing on the bench, looking like a ridiculous monkey. "Now I know why it's so hard for you to leave... She's a keeper."

 

"Tao, sit your down." I pulled him by the collar of his shirt, making him sit normally on the bench again. "And besides, it's hard for me to leave because I can't get her to make her last wish. Not because I want to be with her and stuff."

 

Tao nodded his head. "Sure, sure, ssssuuuuurrrreeee..." I looked at him.

 

"What?"

 

Tao shrugged. "Oh nothing. It's just that, well, I mean from what Sehun and Kai told us... It's obvious that you like her."

 

I groaned; did I have to go through this ing talk all over again? I was getting sick of hearing that "me liking Krystal was an obvious fact". It just reminded me more on how much my feelings for her were going a little bit deeper than a master-genie relationship should have.

 

"Okay, so I like-like her," I confessed. "Now, you can run on back to EXO and tell all the Genies. Tell them how the strong and powerful, Luhan, has managed to fall for a human, one of the weakest creatures on Earth."

 

"Omo! Really?!" Tao squealed jumping up and down in his spot. "How romantic, hyung!! But... wait..." He turned his head and pointed at my master. "Oh! And perfect timing too 'cause your master's crying!!"

 

Krystal? Crying?! No... He was lying.... I turned my head around to view the situation and sure enough, Jackson was no longer in the scene. Krystal was alone with her face in her hands and her head shaking. Once she lifted her face, I saw her tears that were streaming down her cheeks. Was she really that upset that the two of them broke up? I rolled my eyes.

 

"Wait here Tao, and don't pull any funny business, alright?" I pointed at the seat on the bench as I strode towards Krystal. That look on her face looked like she had been defeated.

 

I smiled.

 

"Krystal" I whispered sitting in front of her. I leaned in closer so she could hear me over her sobs. "Krystal... what happened?"

 

She shook her head, removing the hair in front of her face with her hands. "J-J-J-Jackson broke up with ME." She put her hands on the sides of my arms, shaking me. "HE broke up with ME."

 

"Well, weren't you supposed to break up in the first place anyways?" I questioned. "I mean, it was part of the bet and all, so now that you have one part done--"

 

"I can't believe HE broke up with ME" Krystal said in disbelief, turning away from me. "What is everyone going to say about me when they hear that I was the one who was left in the dust? Like, omg, people are going to think that something is seriously wrong with me." Looking at the ground, she shook her head angrily. "No no no no, if that bastard thinks he can get away with looking like the innocent one... He is SO wrong."

 

"So, wait... Jackson broke up with you before you could??" I asked the obvious. She nodded. Of course I knew that was supposed to happen; I was the one who planned for it to happen like that. From Krystal "missing" that one question which bumped her one letter grade down, up to getting Jackson to break up with Krystal first... It was all part of the plan. And now that the final pieces were coming to life, this was the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

"Luhan..." Krystal looked up at me; instead of frowning, she was smirking. Smiling? Why the hell was she smiling??

 

"Yes?" I replied, secretly praying that she would be saying her last wish: revenge on Jackson. Revenge.

 

"I'm going to need your help with something." She stood up and straightened her outfit.

 

"What would that be??" I asked, still hoping to hear at least the "I wish" part of her sentence.

 

"I need you to be my boyfriend."

 

Wait... did she just ask me to be her... BOYFRIEND?!?!

 

I heard laughter from afar which made both Krystal and I look up; our eyes detecting for the source of obnoxious cackling. It was Tao, folded over and face red with his eyes in happy slits. I could only guess that he heard the whole conversation go down. Now that he knew about the "relationship", of course he was going to go off and tell the others. I'm totally doomed for humiliation once I get back.

 

That is... if I ever get back.


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted On

August 3, 2017

(phewwww I haven't posted since LAST YEAR WTHHH SAWWY).


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngAuthor's Note 

Can I just say that its been SOOOO LOONNNNGGG since I've been on this site. Like, whaaa people are still reading my stories?? Truly wow & thank you ☺️ A huge shout out to my beta-reader ishy-fishy for putting up with my long dissapearances as well. Like all my excuses, nursing school is no joke y'all. I'm coming up to my last semester (YASSSSS!!) So God willing, I will--yes I AM DETERMINED AND WILL--graduate Decbember 2017!! Hopefully afterwards, I can continue writing new stories and slowly return to writing stories (with, hopfully, improved writing skills & storylines). Not a gurantee I'll be writing on asianfics since discovering Wattpad, but I don't know--I'll see where the future & my creative mind will take me ~

Thank y'all SO much for following this story along <333

PS If you haven't yet...please subscribe & upvote!