Wish #17

Make a Wish, Rich B*tch

 Chapter 17 

❝I wish all my plans would come out a success.❞

 

Luhan

[1 week later; Lunchtime; School Gym] 

"Hey Hyung!!" Jay waved at me as I entered the gym with my backpack over my shoulder. I watched as Jay tried to make a shot from half court, but missed. "Thanks for coming over to watch me practice during lunch.”

 

"No problem," I smiled, settling myself in the bleachers. I put my backpack on the ground and opened it, revealing a hot and fresh corn dog with a healthy apple on the side. Although my figure was naturally fit and y in all the right ways, I'd like to think that I had something to do with it.

 

For the next 20 minutes, Jay performed the practice drills the team had worked on during the past week; I gave him advice to improve his stature and strategy. I had actually found myself in the gym at lunch for the past week, and not just with Jay, but also with various players that came for extra practice. Krystal's brother would be here with me every day, devoting any available time he had since we came back from Thanksgiving Break. He was practicing so much that Krystal started to worry for him; ironic since she pushed him to do basketball in the first place.

 

Krystal, on the other hand, surprised me the most. She was like the over-the-top sports mom, while Jay would be the embarrassed son. Every practice, Krystal would come by with some snacks for the whole team. She was even close with the Coach and he was especially open with her; letting his grizzly bear façade down, bringing out some kind of Santa Claus, grandpa character out. Even after Jackson cheated on Krystal, they acted indifferently towards each other. If anything, Krystal was even MORE loving and caring towards Jackson. And that--

 

That infuriated me.

 

Why and how could she still be caught up with Jackson out of all people?? Yes, I understand that he’s practically an angel on Earth, according to humans. I’m a Genie for God’s sake; I’m the ultimate Angel on Earth. So either Krystal was ignoring and denying her feelings for me, or... she really didn't... and I was the only one who...

 

No.

 

"Hyung, how did I do??" Jay asked from the court. I looked up from my lunch and gave a thumbs up.

 

"Remember...” I flicked an imaginary ball at hand, "It's all in the wrist.”

 

Jay nodded and continued practicing his free throws. I created myself another corn dog when I heard the gym’s double doors open. I turned my head, distinguishing the figure attached to another familiar body mass.

 

Too attached, if you catch my drift.

 

"Jackson! Stop it!" Krystal's giggles echoed through the court when she pulled her lips away from his. I saw Jackson bite his lip as he placed a hand on her skinny jeans, squeezing her . Krystal squealed, then laughed playfully before she went for his lips again.

 

"OH! WAE! NOONA!!" Jay pointed at his older sister. "WHAT THE HELL!?”

 

Krystal pulled away from Jackson, rolling her pretty little eyes. "Ugh, what the hell are you doing here, Jay??" She crossed her arms over her chest. "God Jay, I already texted you to NOT be in the gym today because you’re over practicing yourself and—“

 

"Krystal, baby, come on..." Jackson started rubbing her lower back, as if he was calming his girlfriend down, "Leave the poor boy alone, alright? Our first game is tomorrow and as captain of this team—“

 

Captain of this team? Now it was my turn to roll me eyes. I cleared my throat loudly and stood up, putting my hands inside the pocket of my jeans. "Ex-Captain you mean, Jackson." All three of their heads turned towards me, my presence finally being noticed. I watched Krystal's face for any sign of surprise or a hint of embarrassment; surprisingly enough, neither of those emotions appeared.

 

Why should I care how she feels about the situation?

 

Jackson scoffed, "What's that supposed to mean Lu-Haaaan??" He added emphasis on the "a" in my name, causing me to just shake my head and snicker. Is that the only thing he could do? I started walking down the steps of the bleachers, approaching the court.

 

"You, as an ex-captain, I’d say you’re an EX-ample of what kind of captain one should NOT be." From the corner of my eye, Jay had followed behind me, facing the infamous couple.

 

Jackson stared me down as he took a step towards me, "Look here pretty boy... I don't know who the you think you are or where the hell you came from... thinking you can step into this school and act as if you rule everything. I was fine with the attempt. Now you’re trying to take over my team??" He took one more step forward as I stood my ground. "You've gone too far now.”

 

I raised a brow, "I don't think I've gone that far... yet." I looked over at Krystal and curved the corner of my lip. Her eyes widened, giving me a surprised look, which I had been waiting for.

 

"Look here,” Jackson suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt, causing the Park siblings to try and hold us back; Krystal latching onto her boyfriend and Jay grabbing me by my shoulders. "In tomorrow’s match, I lead the first half and you do the last half. You better pray to God that you can somehow pull a miracle, ‘cause I'll be pulling out all the stops on my half. When I win, I’ll get my title as captain and bring this team back to the championships.”

 

All I could do was hold back my laughter. Pull out a miracle? Please... this human obviously did not know that I make miracles happen. "I look forward to the challenge.”

 

Jackson growled and escaped from Krystal's grasp. Without another word, he turned back to exit the gym doors. Instead of leaving with a dramatic exit, I gave him a comedic one. With a quick flick of my finger, I had locked the gym doors, resulting in Jackson face planting into the window. Jay didn't hold back his laughter, while his sister walked over to Jackson's rescue.

 

"ing, mother--" Jackson held the bridge of his nose with his fingers as he turned to Krystal. "Was this door not open when we came in?!”

 

Krystal reached her arm out to open the door; with another flick of my finger, it unlocked on Krystal’s push. Jackson looked just as pissed as before, leaving through the door Krystal had just opened. Krystal shouted something about meeting him somewhere for 6th period, then turned back to me.

 

"Are you ing crazy?!" She exclaimed, shouldering her purse and crossing her arms across her chest. "What kind of a stunt are you trying to pull around here, Luhan?!”

 

I shrugged, "I'm not trying to pull any kind of stunt..." I formed a basketball in my hand, throwing it behind me. Without having to look back, I heard the swish from the shot I just made.

 

"Don't play around with me, Genie Boy." Krystal glared at me, "I see what you’re trying to do here...”

 

"What exactly am I trying to do, my master?"

 

The tapping of her heels on the wooden floor echoed in my ears as she slowly got closer to me. "You’re trying to break Jackson down, which will eventually lead me to make my wish, huh??”

 

This girl had brains under that $250 hairdo, but that wasn't exactly what I was doing. I decided to play along, thinking that this may later help me with MY own plan for her to make that third wish.

 

"All humans eventually break, don't they, Krystal?" I gave her a smug look, reminding her of the times I, myself, broke her façade. I could tell that I had gotten to Krystal because her glare had softened. Was she going to cry?

 

"Ugh, why don't you just go and yourself?" Krystal her heel, her back facing me.

 

"Why don't you help me out then?" I joked as Krystal walked out of the gym doors. Before leaving, she stuck out a certain manicured finger at me. I shook my head and chuckled.

 

So that's why she designed that one fingernail different than the rest, huh?

Krystal

[Beverly Hills High; 6th period classroom]

I tapped my pencil against my notebook as my eyes hovered over the screen. Ugh, why the hell did I need to know how my body works? Like, hello, that's what doctors and nurses and hospitals are for. I look over to my right side to find that Jackson, Annie, and Jesy have all fallen asleep in their own way, on top of their notebooks. I look to the front and shook my head, ugh, no one to communicate with whatsoever.

 

I grabbed the pen in my hand and started doodling aimlessly around the half filled page of my Anatomy and Physiology notebook. Looking closely on the side of my paper, I noticed that I’ve been drawing a lot of hearts lately. Not to mention, scratching them out with such force and anger right after. You know what they say about a girl who draws hearts in her notebook?

 

That she's in love.

 

I scratched out the most recent hearts I drew, quickly flipping to a fresh page. Krystal, you are not in love. Krystal, you draw hearts because they’re pretty. Hearts remind you of that one heart line Dior dress that adds a nice emphasis to the ladies below and--

 

Suddenly, I some sort of a scratching sound came out of no where. Looking down at my paper, my eyes widened, seeing blue inked words being written on my paper. My pen ink is pink...

 

Instead of daydreaming over there, why don't you just wish for this class to be over, huh?

 

I roll my eyes. God, it’s obvious who’s pulling this Harry Potter trick on me. I took my pen and wrote below Luhan's words,

 

you.

 

I placed my pen down, beside my journal. I observed Luhan's pen marks appear on the page again.

 

I wish I could, but that is nearly impossible since there are no exact copies of me to do so. Unless... you would like to help me out in doing your orders.

 

I clench my hands into a fist and used my other hand to shut my notebook. God, such a ing ert!! I looked up, scanning the third row for Genie Boy; there he was, taking notes and listening, like the ing teacher's pet he was. Just like in every class I have with him, he does the same thing. Listen, take notes, ace all those tests and quizzes, and on top of all this: bother the living hell out of me to make a wish.

 

I don't know why, but ever since that night on the Ferris Wheel... every time I look or even think of him, I either want to punch the living daylights out of him, or wish that I could just kiss that face one more time. Whenever he's around, I have a hard time eating, sleeping, or drinking because 1) he practically lives in the same house as me, so I always see him, meaning the conflicting thoughts barge into my actions 2) Maybe it’s Mother Nature’s gift that has made me this way for the past week or so. Whatever the reason, I’ve been trying to avoid this situation by sticking with Jackson. Has it been working so far?

 

Well, let's just say that the distraction works for about 10 minutes at max.

 

Just as the teacher changed the slide, I looked up to attempt to try and pay attention to the lecture. Of course my body turns against me, and my eyes wander over to Luhan. He has now mastered the art of texting during class without getting caught. Who the hell could he be texting? Jay? A team member? Possibly... another girl?? Pssh... Why should I c--I see my phone screen light up and peer down.

 

To: Krystal 

From: Luhan

I know I'm eye candy, but Miss Chandler looks mighty fine today too... especially that lipstick on her teeth *bites lip*

 

I look up at our elderly teacher and she certainly does have that lipstick smudge on her teeth. I bite my own lip back, holding back my smile; I don't want to satisfy the ert, since I know he's watching out for my smile of acknowledgement. I put on a blank face as I looked up, glancing at Luhan, it seems as if he hadn't changed from his previous position. AARGH. Damn it. Why can't I catch him at least looking ONCE so he can have a taste of his own medicine... And to my luck, the bell rings.

 

I rushed out of the classroom without a second glance to see if my friends woke up or if Luhan was following me. Before I could get caught in the swarm of students, I reached Jay's classroom even before the door was opened. As expected Jay is the first one out.

 

"Oh... Noona--I mean Krystal what are you--ah!" I started pulling Jay by the arm, leading him through the hallway. "What the heck?!”

 

I lead him up a flight of stairs, in silence, before stopping at the rooftop’s doorway. I spun him around to face me, "Jay, look, you know how much I love you... riiiiigggghhhhhtttt??" I batted my eyelashes at my little brother; he immediately crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"What do you want, Noona?" He asks, knowing that I only say such things if I needed something from him.

 

"I need you to help me out with something." I pouted, twirling the ends of my hair. "And since you’re close to him and everything...”

 

"Wait, wait, wait, don't tell me!!" Jay placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes, as if he was trying to read my mind. He started humming randomly, then snapped his fingers, "You want me to hook you up with Luhan Hyung, don't you??”

 

Hook me up with Luhan?! HA. PLEASE. If anything I can perfectly get that Genie Boy to myself with no one's help. I raised a finger at him to scold such an idea, but stopped midway... Wait, this could work. Jay thinks that I want to get with Luhan, right? And technically that's just what I needed for my plan: make Luhan fall for me & then crush his heart into pieces to get a taste of his own medicine.

 

Let him know how it feels to be HUMAN.

 

"Y-yeah... that's it..." I pouted, putting me finger in front of my lips, "But you need to keep it on the DL okay? Since... you know... I'm still going out with Jackson and all.”

 

Jay's eyes widened, "Noona!! You're planning to cheat on Jackson with Luhan Hy—“

 

"SHHHH! JAY!! PLEASE!!" I covered his mouth quickly, "No, I'm not cheating on him! We’re actually just--well, you see..." I bit my lip to appear guilty. "We're just friends… with benefits." Jay's eyes widened 10x more; he definitely fell for it. I had this game of mine, in the bag...

 

Game. Set. Match.


183-genie-lamp-icon.pngOfficially Posted on

July 14, 2016


Author's Note 

There is an understatement when I say "long time no see..." 

Cause whoa its been a mere few months or so since I last updated this 😅 

Anyways, hopefully my editor & I will be on the way to editing this on a regular basis. 

So for all the new readers, thanks for making it this far & hope you're enjoying the story so far. 

To all my old readers, enjoy it again & again & again :)