Chapter Two

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Words in Italics are flashback.

 

Chapter Two

 

Three years ago, Seo Joo Hyun or most popularly known as Seohyun, the maknae of SNSD, left Korea after her controversial break up with her long time boyfriend, Jung YongHwa. She surprised everyone when she announced her departure, two weeks after her break up with YongHwa was confirmed by both agencies, leaving all the issues and rumors unanswered. Her company, SM Entertainment then decided to release a statement that the reason of her sudden departure was because she decided to pursue her master degree in United States of America. The company though did not give further details about her break up news making everyone more curious as to what really happened to what they thought “The Perfect Couple”. People really thought that they will end up together but unexpected things are really bound to happen.

 

A month after she left Korea, YongHwa, her ex boyfriend, was caught up in a dating scandal with Park Shin Hye, though FNC and her company denied it, people assumed that the reason why YongHwa and Seohyun ended their almost five year relationship is because of Park Shin Hye. This news was not well accepted by the people who supported the couple since their WGM stint and even some of  Park Shin Hye and SNSD fans were devastated with the news. Some of CNBLUE fans showed their disappointment too while the other remained understanding over the matter, saying the break up is for the better. Though Park Shin Hye denied it a lot of times during her interviews, the photos and video released by the media did not lie. Photos and video of the two walking to Park Shin Hye’s car while YongHwa was holding her to her elbow and ShinHye’s hand encircled around his waist was all over the networking sites. People then started to throw hateful remarks to YongHwa and Park ShinHye, some were grateful that Seohyun broke up with YongHwa. Some were disappointed by what happened but most of them pity Seohyun who are in America at that moment. Amidst all the controversy, Jung YongHwa continued his activities with CNBLUE, he never said anything about the rumor and his company blocked the media for opening that topic in all of his interviews. SNSD members also did not say anything except for Taeyeon.

 

“Well, I hope he’s happy and I wish him the best. And no, I’m not being sarcastic here. Our maknae is doing fine now and that’s what matters to me.” Taeyeon once said when asked about the controversy involving their maknae.

 

 

 

Seohyun made it to Harvard University and finished her master degree in just two years. It was her first big achievement after leaving Korea. She took a lot of  advance  classes that made the supposed to be four year course to two years only. Though some people recognize her as SNSD member, she maintained a low profile and graduated with flying colors, a thing her family especially her unnie deul are proud of her. During her stay in America, she always keep in touch with them, everybody did not even dare to mention about Yonghwa since they can see that she already moved on and she is actually doing fine.

 

A month after she graduated she got an offer to audition in a musical drama in Hollywood. Since she is confident with her English accent, she gave it a try and luckily got the female lead role. What made her happier is that she wasn’t the only Korean who got casted in the said drama, Lee Min Ho, still the Hallyu Superstar at that time was also part of it.

 

 It was a story of a Korean couple who came to America to reach for their dreams unfortunately, they will experience a lot of struggles as they made their dreams come true. The drama, entitled Love Lies was a big hit not only in America but all over the world, making Seohyun known as Seo Joo Hyun to the whole world, since she decided to use her real name when she started her acting career in America. The drama was also shown in Korea making her even more famous in her own country. She was not just recognized as Seohyun, the maknae of SNSD but she is also known as Seo Joo Hyun, the Korean actress who made a big impact in Hollywood. Because of the drama, she received a lot of minor and major awards from different award giving bodies including 3 Best Actress awards. She became one of Hollywood’s rising superstar of her generation. She proved to everyone that even though she is a Korean, she can create a big name in a foreign country.

 

Through the drama, Seohyun and Lee Min Ho became really close friends, being the only Korean artist who are casted in the hit drama, They love to hang out during their free time that’s why  they are sometimes linked to each other but they just shrugged it off. Aside from acting, Lee MinHo is also fond of producing movies and mini series in America and while he was busy with their drama filming in America he was also working on the first drama that he’ll be producing when he gets back in Korea.

 

Right after their drama ended, she became famous not just because of her acting ability but because of her voice quality. Her voice quality did improve after she undergo a lot of vocal training, she then decided to audition in World Star Championship, a huge singing competition where she will have to defeat 250 singers from all over the world. She did not dream of winning the title of the said championship but she was just confident that through this competition, she will be making her country more proud of her whether she win or lose. So when she won as the first Asian to be the World Star Champion, she was overwhelmed. She never imagines that she will win the said competition. Her victory made her even more famous, a thing she didn’t even imagine she will get in America.

 

Unknown to everyone, she did all of these to mend her broken heart. She kept herself busy for three years to move on and forget everything that happened. She makes sure, that ‘rest’ is the last thing she have to do at that time. But is it really enough to forgot everything? Is it really enough to forget him? Is she ready to face them? If you’re going to ask Seohyun, her answer will be a big YES. She successfully move on and forget everything that happened. She is now ready to face them and even forgive them for what they done. She believes that whatever happened in the past should have been long forgotten, she doesn’t care with it anymore, what matters to her is the PRESENT. She is now making her own name and living her own dream. She is happy, that’s what matters to her or so she thought.

 

So  a few months after she finished her projects in America she decided to go back to Korea.

 

=====================================================================

 

Seohyun opened her eyes then looked outside again. She smiled realizing that she is indeed back in Korea, finally.

She opened the window of the van and put her hand out of the window. She closed her eyes as she feel the cold breeze that touches her hand.

 

“Do you like it that much?” She heard her manager asked her so she opened her eyes and turned to her only to find her smiling at her.

 

“Ne. It’s really nice to be back, Unnie. I missed Korea so much.” She said smiling.

 

“I know. You’ve been waiting for this moment,right? I’m sorry if we have been delaying your return. The company just can’t decline those projects for you. You know that we are doing this for you,right?”

 

She smiled warmly and tapped her manager’s hand. “Don’t worry Unnie, I understand.”  Her manager was like her mother when she stayed in America. She knows all her hardships for three years.

 

“Oh, right! I have to call Mom.” Seohyun suddenly remembered her mother whom she promised to call once she landed. She told her parents not to fetch her in the Airport since her manager warned her that it might be chaotic.

 

Just when she was about to open her bag to get her phone her manager stopped her.

 

“If you want to surprise your sisters, I suggest you should not call your Mom.”

 

“Waeyo?” She asked confusingly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter