Chapter Five

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HER PAST

 

‘Five minutes.’ She mumbled as she closed her eyes after putting down the pregnancy kit, her fifth kit actually, on the sink countertop in their bathroom. She reminded herself that she would look at the kit after five minutes just like what the instructions on the packet said. Her heart is beating really fast as she waits for her alarm to ring signaling that the five minutes is over. She closes her eyes to calm herself.  A lot of ideas on how she’s going to tell YongHwa about it are running on her mind, she can’t help but giggle as she imagines what will be his reaction.

 

Her imagination stops when she heard the alarm rings, she took a deep breath before she slowly opens her eyes.

 

‘Two lines.’ She whispers as she stares down without even blinking once at the five rectangular kits lying vertically on the countertop. She wiped her eyes and blinked them twice thinking she might be dreaming and the result will change when she opened her eyes but it didn’t. It all shows the same thing, two lines.

 

‘I’m pregnant. I’m really pregnant! Ottokke?!’ She said while covering .

 

‘I’m carrying his child! I’m going to be a mother! There’s life inside me!’ She mumbles as she looks at her reflection on the huge mirror.

 

“OMONA! OTTOKKE?!” She finally screamed happily without noticing that a tear finally escape her eyes.

 

‘Aigoo, you’re such a cry baby, JooHyun.’ She chuckled wiping her tears.

 

When she went out the bathroom, she immediately called someone whom she wants to share the good news, her parents.

 

The call didn’t last long and just like what she expected, both her mother and father were delighted with the good news. Her mother even insisted on going with her to the hospital for her first check up. She also told her to be extra careful now that she’s carrying a life on her womb and the list of reminders goes on. Meanwhile, her father ask her what was she feeling and what was YongHwa’s reaction, she told them that he still doesn’t know about it and she was going to surprise him later. Her parents insisted that they must celebrate this day tonight, she instantly agreed because she knows that YongHwa will be glad to do it.

 

Three years ago, they got caught entering the apartment building where they both live while holding hands and happily chatting, leading them to admitting publicly that they are dating but of course they did not reveal for how long, their agencies just reported that the two of them are dating for quite some time. After the news broke out, it had been hard for both YongHwa and Seohyun, a lot of people said some hurtful words against them and some even bashed their groups. The fans whom they thought will be with them until the end, left the fandom, some fansite also shut down because of it. Seohyun always blame herself for what happen, CNBLUE and SNSD lost fans but there are still people who continue to support them despite everything. Because of the chaos and too much hate, Seohyun wanted to give up but YongHwa gives her enough reason not to. He proves to her that whatever happens, he will never leave her side, that despite of what happens, they will face it together and they did. They survive the most crucial part of it; they learned how to ignore what the people will think about them and the things that they do and just go on with what makes them happy. Soon, they started dating publicly, guest on the same show together and they are always spotted talking sweetly on camera during music shows. They became so vocal on their relationship that they even earned the title “The Perfect Couple” of South Korea. Because of them a lot of idols who are dating secretly became brave; they have become the most respected couple of the industry. They inspired a lot of people and they also gained new fans, they proved to everyone that dating will never be a hindrance to your career instead it will be an inspiration as long as you know your limitation. 

 

 

Two years after dating publicly, they decided to get married in France secretly. They talked to their agencies and families about their plan and they helped them organize it so the media will not know about it. They succeeded on getting married without letting everyone know aside from their family and members. It was a private church wedding where the only invited people are chosen and trusted people of Seohyun and YongHwa. After six months, they then decided to get married secretly in Busan and with the help of SM and FNC, they were able to register their marriage without letting the people know.

 

The whole family of Seohyun and YongHwa were all eager for them to have a baby. They were all so excited to see their first baby. However, there are a lot of considerations that they have to think about if this will happen since both CNBLUE and SNSD are at the peak of their career so they decided not to have a baby not unless they are both ready. So they continue their job, her being the maknae of South Korea’s National Girl Group and him being the leader of South Korea’s National Rock Band, each making big names in the music industry.

 

It was recently when their agency told them that they are planning to announce their marriage since it’s about time and there were also rumors about it spreading all over the internet. So having a baby is something that they are planning to do next but it came too fast. They are about to release a statement next month about their marriage but it seems like they are going to announce two good news to the fans. Seohyun is just hoping that everything will turn out well.

 

Seohyun’s mother arrived at her house after a few minutes to accompany her in the hospital making sure that everything will be fine. JiYoung, one of YongHwa’s friends also came upon hearing the news. JiYoung was the caretaker of their house in Japan; she has been their friend ever since YongHwa introduced her to Seohyun. They became really good friends that sometimes when they are fighting, it was JiYoung who makes a way for them to talk if their members can’t handle their stubbornness. JiYoung became their trusted friend and in order to protect their secret, SM hired her to be Seohyun’s manager two months ago.

 

=-=-=-=-=-=

 

“Stop fidgeting.” Jiyoung whispered at her while they are waiting for the test result. They are inside the VIP room that Dr.Cha, her Ob Gyne, booked for them. When Seohyun called her this morning, she knew exactly what to do. Ever since Seohyun became her patient two years ago, she got used seeing her wearing cap, shades and scarf as her main outfit to hide her personality and she was paid not to reveal her identity. A doctor and patient conversation will always remain confidential, that’s the main protocol to all the doctors so keeping Seohyun’s identity is an easy task for her. Ever since she became her client, she always make sure to clear her schedule when she sets an appointment but since the call from her came so sudden today, she decided to book her a room for VIP so people won’t see her around the hospital hallway. Dr. Cha then did the entire test inside the room. She went out upon telling them that she’s going to process the result. They were told to wait for a few minutes.

 

Waiting keeps Seohyun even more nervous that she can’t help but think of all the bad things that might happen.

 

“What if the baby isn’t healthy? What if I’m sick? No. I’m healthy, I’m sure of it but what if—“

 

“STOP! Please! You’re being paranoid,okay?” JiYoung stops her for walking back and forth so she gently pulls her to sit while her mother looks at them smiling.

 

“Nothing bad will happen. Let’s just wait patiently,okay?”She grips her hand tightly.

 

“A-Ahrasseo.” Seohyun mumbled while nodding at her.

 

“Aigoo, it’s alright JooHyunnie. I used to be like that too when I first found out that I’m pregnant. Don’t worry everything will be fine. Cham! Did you send YongHwa a message?”It was her mother who finally speak.

 

“Ne. I told him that I’ll drop by at Taeyeon Unnie’s apartment before going to his set.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

“Nothing. He’s not replying to my message yet. Maybe he’s busy filming the drama.”

 

“Maybe.” Her mother shrugged her shoulder as she pats her head as if telling her that everything will be fine.

 

A few minutes of waiting have passed when finally Dr. Cha came back holding a pile of papers.

 

“Dr. Cha.” Seohyun immediately stands up upon seeing the doctor.

 

“How did the tests go?” she asked nervously.

 

Dr.Cha looked at her with a very serious face that makes her more nervous.

 

“Why don’t we take our seats first?” Dr.Cha then leads them to the couch as she sits in front of them. Seohyun immediately grips her mother’s hand while waiting for the doctor to talk.

 

The doctor then took a deep breath before finally speaking.

 

“Seohyun-ssi, did you do some extensive exercise the past few weeks?” The doctor asked her.

 

Seohyun felt her heart is going to explode when she remember that they just had an extensive exercise since they all need to lose weight before their comeback. It has been a yearly routine for them every time SNSD are set to promote their new album.

 

“Ne. W-Waeyo?” She asked though she’s scared to know the answer to her question.

 

“Are you on a diet?”

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh. “We are going to promote our album next month so we undergo strict exercise and diet. We’re doing that for two months already. Did it affect my pregnancy? Tell me what’s happening.Jebal.” She asked trying to suppress her tears.

 

“You’re having a very dangerous pregnancy. You’re 4 weeks pregnant but the baby is too weak, I conclude this is due to the exercise and diet that you did for a couple of weeks, it affects your body.It isn’t ready for the baby.”

 

She haerd Jiyoung and her mother gasped.

 

“N-Ne? I-I don’t understand.”

 

“Don’t worry, we can do something for you to have a healthy pregnancy. We can prevent miscarriage if you’re going to take extra care of yourself. We’ll do our best and I’m sure that in a matter of one month, if you will take these vitamins that I prescribed you along with a proper eating diet you’ll have a healthy pregnancy. Because the baby inside you is too weak, I suggest you to have a bed rest for one month. Please don’t do excessive or heavy things at this moment, if you can, please don’t move a lot also please be reminded that you shouldn’t be stress. I suggest you not to think of any other things aside from being healthy. If you did these things, you’ll survive this pregnancy. Here’s the list of proper diet and vitamins that you need to take every morning, I’ll be having a weekly visit in your house to monitor your condition. If in any case something happened, please call me immediately. Do you understand?”

 

“N-Ne.” Seohyun accepts the paper with shaking hands. “Kamsahamnida.” She bowed lightly.

 

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” The doctor said as her mother and JiYoung bid goodbye to the doctor. She took a deep breath remembering everything that the doctor said.

 

‘We’ll be fine baby. I promise.’ She thought to herself as she leaves the hospital premises.

 

Seohyun asked her mother to drop her at the broadcasting station where YongHwa is currently filming a drama. Though her mother hesitated because of her condition, she just agrees since JiYoung told her that she’ll take care of Seohyun.

 

“Call me when you reach home, okay? Don’t stress yourself.” Her mother reminded her once aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter