Chapter Six

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[HIS PAST]

 

YongHwa is a happily married man, he may not tell it to the whole world yet but he’s proud of his new status now and he knows that one day, he’ll let the whole world know about it. He’s the luckiest guy in the world not because he’s popular but because he’s the husband of  the most beautiful woman he have ever seen,  aside from his mother of course, he’s lucky because among all the fanboys who showed their interest to her, she chose him, and most especially, he’s lucky because Seohyun, SNSD Maknae, married him and this time, it’s not just for a show but it’s for real. He’s lucky and he’s totally aware of it.

 

It was not an easy road for YongHwa and Seohyun. Their love story started in a very complicated situation. They were both cast in a reality program where they have to pretend as a married couple but as the days goes by, they were both confused if what they are  doing is still just for the show or if it’s for real. In the end, both of them took the show seriously that they both had a hard time when their stint ended. They remained good friends, however, YongHwa wanted more than that. So when SNSD and CNBLUE performed in a music show, he asked her to meet him at the broadcasting station’s rooftop. There, he told her his intention; Seohyun who wasn’t surprise at his confession rejected him. She should know better than him as she has been in this industry for a long time. She explained to him that they can’t go out because it might ruin their career. He remembered what she said that night.

 

‘I like you too, Oppa. I really do but I can’t do what you want. I know that you have so many plans for your group and I don’t want to be a hindrance for you. If we’re going to date, things will be complicated for you, for me and for our members. Do you understand what I mean? I really treasure this friendship that we have and I don’t want to ruin it. It’s enough for me that I know that it’s not a one sided love.’

 

YongHwa knew what she meant. She’s scared of the consequences and he understands that. Being an idol, you have to protect your career and if you want to stay at the top, then dating is a big NO. That’s the price of their fame. They are popular but they can’t do everything that they want. However, if they really want to enter a relationship, they have to do it secretly, to protect the person they love and their career. ‘You can date but don’t get caught.’ That’s what the CEO of his agency always reminded them. Dating publicly  can ruin their career, it can ruin them.

 

YongHwa didn’t stop just because she rejected him once. He showed her that there can be a lot of options if she will just give him a chance. He wanted her to give them a try and if it doesn’t work then he’ll forget her. What he wanted is for her to give him a chance to prove himself, at least if it didn’t work, there would be no regrets because they both tried. However, no matter how many times he tried to win her heart she kept on rejecting him. Being rejected by the woman you love repeatedly is like dying over and over again, that’s how he felt that time. It was not easy hearing her rejection multiple times, she killed him for he can’t remember how many times already, he even hated the word FRIENDS at that time, but he didn’t waver even for once.

 

When SNSD and CNBLUE had a show in London, Taeyeon talked to him after their performance in the dressing room where he thought he would be able to see Seohyun but disappointed when he saw no one besides Taeyeon. She had been avoiding him for weeks now.

 

‘You’re a very determined and persistent guy, that’s why we like you for her. It’s not everyday that she’ll meet a guy like you. If only she’s brave enough to accept your heart but I know that more than us, you understand her fears and worries, right? She really likes you a lot and I know-- we know that you’re having a hard time with our maknae, but I just want you to know that she’s also having a hard time as much as you are. It isn’t a one sided love, she’s also hurting. Rejecting you is not something that she really wants to do, it was hard for her to do it but because she’s too scared, she has to do it. She was well aware that you knew when she dated another guy few months ago. It was actually Hyoyeon who gave her the idea of dating someone else if she wants you to stop. It can also help her to think about your situation, Hyoyeon just want her to make up her mind because honestly speaking, your situation is frustrating already. She thought that maybe when she dated someone else, she would forget her feelings for you in the same time that she thought you would stop her already and move on. We thought that you would stop pursuing her but you didn’t and that made us realized how much you love her and giving up will be the last thing you would do for her. We are grateful for that, we really are. They broke up after two weeks for the reason that she doesn’t really love him and she doesn’t want to give the guy false hope. We know that she tried to love him but we hear sobs coming from her room every night. She was feeling guilty of hurting you but she’s scared of too many things, but more than herself, she’s scared that you might lose everything that you worked hard for because of her. What I’m trying to say is that, as her sister and friend, please endure the pain a little more. I know that one day, all these pains that you’re giving each other will be worth it so don’t give up on her. I can’t really tell you what’s on her mind right now but there’s one thing I’m certain of, our maknae loves you.We can assure you about that. For the first time since we’ve been together, we saw her love someone else more than she loves herself. Uri Seohyunnie loves you YongHwa-yah.’

 

 A few more weeks have passed, Seohyun stops avoiding him. They have become close friends again and though Seohyun can only give him nothing but ‘friendship’ for now, he still showed her that he’s determined to win her heart.

 

‘I’m willing to wait even if it takes forever for you to say yes. You may not tell it to me right now but I’m gonna make you say that three letter word to me, JooHyun-ah.’ He told her one day when she asked him why he’s not giving up on her after everything that she’s done.

 

‘Thank you Oppa.’ is all that she told him that time and it’s more than enough for YongHwa.

 

They experienced a lot of hardships but they didn’t give up, he did not give up on her. He was involved in a lot of dating rumors including a dating rumor with Seohyun which he all denied. He knew that Seohyun was hurt when he denied her but he also knew that she understands him, in fact, it was her who told her that if a rumor about them occur, he should deny it instantly. However, it’s unavoidable for Seohyun to get hurt about it but he can’t do anything about it.

 

‘Trust me.’ That’s what he always told her to assure her that they are going to be fine.

 

Although she denied and told him that she was fine with all the rumors about him, he knows that she was not. She was obviously affected especially when a dating rumor about him and Park ShinHye came out repeatedly. At first he doesn’t really bother because he knows that it was totally non sense but seeing how she reacts whenever she knew about it, he can’t help but  be alarmed. For the first time, he saw her cried because of another woman; he knows she’s jealous though she keeps on saying she has no reason to be jealous.

 

YongHwa may like it when she’s getting jealous that he’s even teasing her but there’s also a disadvantage whenever jealousy attacks her. She always does one thing that she knows he doesn’t like, and that’s talking to her fanboys comfortably. A jealous YongHwa can be easily handled by Seohyun but a jealous Seohyun? It’s something he can’t learn how to handle. A jealous Seohyun can be the most terrifying moment for YongHwa. She surely knows how to take revenge, that’s for sure.

 

For Seohyun who knew what happened between Park ShinHye and YongHwa in the past, it totally pissed her off the fact that people still keeps on linking him to her. It wasn’t easy to tell him she’s fine with it, Seohyun isn’t a good liar and YongHwa knew it. So he always makes sure to deny it immediately. People around them who knew their situation always teases them because of their actions.

 

‘You’re not yet together but the way you get jealous and act; it looks like you’re dating already. If I don’t really know you guys, I would really think you’re already together.’ JungShin told them when they are having a dinner together in Japan.

 

Convincing Seohyun that he was totally over with ShinHye and that those rumors were false was never easy for YongHwa. Whatever explanation he did, she would never buys it. Dealing with Seohyun when she’s jealous is never an easy thing for him.

 

‘How do you want me to believe you when she’s very vocal about her feelings for you?!It’s very obvious that she still has feelings for you. You seemed to be enjoying it too when she proudly tell everyone in her interview that you look good together. No wonder you don’t even bother to deny her and those rumors about you because you like it too. Well, I can’t blame you, compare to her, I can’t even tell the world how do I feel for you, in fact, I even said that I don’t like you on a national broadcast.’ A crying Seohyun told her after another dating rumor about him and ShinHye spreads online.

 

‘I never thought it that way. Didn’t I tell you that I understand why you did that? JooHyun-ah, why can’t you believe me when I told you that I’m already over her?’ YongHwa tried to explain calmly.

 

‘Because you always give me reason to not believe you.’ Seohyun said wiping her tears that will never stops no matter how she tries to stop it.

 

 ‘Me? Why me?! She was the one who keeps on mentioning me. Did you ever see or hear me mentioning her?!’ YongHwa asked in disbelief.

 

‘You said you’re friends even your company said so. That makes all those rumors true—‘

 

‘You know the truth! More than anyone else, you know the truth. How can you believe those rumors when you know the truth?!’ He did not let her finish her words because he knows that the conversation they are having is non-sense.

 

‘JooHyun-ah, I love you. How many times do I have to prove that to you? There’s no other woman besides you, only you.’ He added cupping her face. He hugged her when he saw her shedding tears again but she let go from his hug.

 

‘I’m tired Oppa.’ is what Seohyun said leaving the room crying. He tried to call out her name but she never look back.

 

No matter how hard he tries to explain to her, she would never listen to him. He went to their dorm but her unnies said she doesn’t want to come out, she tried calling her but she always declined his call, she sent her message but she didn’t reply at all.

 

The next day, Seohyun came to his apartment apologizing for what she did. She was trying to explain when YongHwa suddenly hugs her tight saying ‘It’s okay. Let’s forget about it.’ He was grateful and relieved that she came back.

 

YongHwa knew why Seohyun is acting like this. For other people, she might be going over board or she’s over reacting but YongHwa understands her feelings very well. More than anybody, he knows why she’s getting hurt.

 

In trying to show Seohyun that he’s sincere with her, he told her everything about him, though it wasn’t his intention, Seohyun eventually, told him everything about her too. There isn’t any secret between the two of them, that’s how much they trust each other. Since they don’t hide things from each other, Seohyun is fully aware of what happened to YongHwa and ShinHye too. No matter what he says, she knows that ShinHye will always have a special place in his heart. After all, she’s the woman he used to love in the past.

 

‘It was all in the past. I’m over her.’ This is what he always tells her to assure her but it will be repeated when a new dating rumor with her again came out.

 

YongHwa and ShinHye met for the first time when they had a drama. She is a popular actress that time while he is just starting to make a name in the industry. They became good friends along with the other lead stars of the drama until he fell in love with her. He thought it was a mutual understanding but when the promotion for the drama ended, she suddenly becomes cold.

 

‘You’re not my type, YongHwa-yah. I don’t date my hoobaes.’ He remember what ShinHye told him when he asked her what happened to them. He was left dumbfounded when a friend told him that she’s dating someone else. So he didn’t pursue his feelings for her and move on. He focused on his band until they made a debut in South Korea. Then Seohyun came to his life, everything changed. They started as colleagues who must pretend as a married couple in front of cameras. At first, they both pulled it off well; they always had a fun time until he got confused of his feelings. Suddenly, YongHwa doesn’t know what is for the show and what’s for real anymore. YongHwa never thought it was a mutual understanding until the show ended. For the first time, he wanted to fight for the woman he loves. Because he knows that it was worth it. She was worth fighting for and he doesn’t have any plans to let go of her. He can clearly see his future with her.

 

But things weren’t easy for them, when Seohyun was on the verge of letting him go, he gave her enough reason to hold on. He promised her that he will never give up on them, that he will fight for her and he did. He did not break his promise. After more than a year, they dated secretly with only their family, friends and their agency knew about it.

 

Everything seems to be going smoothly with their relationship until they got caught by the media three years ago. The situation became worst when their relationship got revealed. They were already dating for two years when they got caught but their agencies covered it by saying that they are just dating for six months.

 

They received lots of hate from the fans, some of their major fansite shut down. YongHwa was not bothered at all by these because he believes that a true fan will accept whoever he loves. However between the two of them, it was Seohyun who receive more hate than him, his fans sent her death threats for several months, threw eggs on her van, when SNSD performed for the first time after the news broke out, some fans of CNBLUE threw their lightstick at her on stage. It alarmed YongHwa that he rushed to the stage to prevent Seohyun from getting hurt even more. He took her out the stage without saying anything but he tweeted the next day telling everyone that he was disappointed with what the fans did to his girlfriend and he asked them to respect them.

 

The hate comments about them soon died down until they were both able to date publicly. They were able to go on a date without thinking what will the people would say about them, they can be in one show together showing the whole world that they are happily in love. They soon earned the title “The Perfect Couple of South Korea”.

 

=-=-=-=-=-

 

“YongHwa-yah.” He stopped from his reverie when he heard a familiar voice.

 

“Hmmm? Wae?” He glanced at the woman who just entered the dressing room.

 

“What are you doing?” She said sitting beside him.

 

It was Park ShinHye, they are taking a break after filming for 5 hours for their new drama. The drama marks their third reunion in a small screen. When Seohyun heard the project, she was furious of course. For reasons that he can’t understand, Shinhye started to show interest to him again even before he starts dating Seohyun. It also annoys him that she was very vocal about it even in front of Seohyun. He also noticed that whenever he’s with Seohyun in one occasion with ShinHye, she always brag about how she’s close with him, telling them how she used to give her too much attention before. Seohyun will just listen calmly looking at her while YongHwa will hold her hand tightly under the table.

 

‘Stop it, ShinHye-ssi.’ YongHwa would always tell her in an attempt to stop her but she would just roll her eyes at him.

 

‘That was all in the past, Unnie. He loves someone else now.’ Seohyun would always tell her giving her a warm smile while putting their holding hands on the table.

 

‘See?’ She would say that would earn a tease from their friends. Seohyun would just giggle at their reaction while it will make ShinHye turn her back at them.

 

One time, a few months after YongHwa and Seohyun started dating secretly, Minhyuk throw a party but Seohyun wasn’t able to attend since her group was having a show outside Korea. Minhyuk had invited some of his friends and that includes ShinHye, he let YongHwa and Seohyun knew about it but Seohyun just told him that it was fine since it’s his party. She also let YongHwa attend it since it’s Minhyuk’s party.

 

In the middle of the party, he saw ShinHye at a bar counter obviously drunk so he approached her.

 

‘You’re already drunk. Where’s your manager?’ He told her as soon as he reached to where she is sitting. She was leaning on the counter, head resting on one hand. She was obviously tipsy that she looks like she’ll fall any minute from now.

 

‘We look good together too, right?*hik*’ He heard her mumbles.

 

“Mwo?” Though there was loud music, he clearly heard what she just said and it annoys him.

 

“Our fans always think that we look good together. *hik* They never lose hope that someday we will also be together.*hik* Why don’t we grant their wishes? Let’s date, YongHwa-yah.’ She said finally loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter