Chapter Seven

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“W-What did you just say?” Seohyun is trying all her might to be calm after hearing what Atty. Kim told her.

 

“Y-You want me to cancel the case? D-Did I hear it right? Attorney, y-you’re actually asking me to CANCEL my divorce case?! Do you know that you’re actually asking me the impossible?! You know how much I want this.” She looked at everyone in the room in disbelief.

 

“ You all know what I’ve been through. I won’t cancel the case.” She said firmly not believing what her Attorney just told her then she felt her mother grips her shoulder tightly.

 

“Calm down Joohyun-ah. Attorney Kim is right. Maybe you need to think about it again.” Her mother who sits beside her said trying to calm her.

 

“Omma! He cheated on me! He ruined my life. He hurt me. I-I know you love him and I know that you still want this marriage to work but Omma, it will never happen. How many times do I have to tell you that it’s over?! I’m giving up! This marriage is already over. I know you still want him as a part of our family but Omma he hurt me, he hurt  your daughter. Shouldn’t you at least understand me? Why am I feeling that you’re still favoring him after everything that he did to me?” She said trying to suppress her tears. She can’t breathe properly as her chest begins to ache.

 

“It’s not like that. I love you--we love you but we just think that you need to think about this again. I’m not favoring him but as I have told you before, there is no perfect marriage. Divorcing him is not the only solution. I know that you’re a good person and you always think carefully before making a decision, that’s what we taught you, that’s how we raised you but this time, you made a decision while you’re still mad at him and you know that isn’t right. I don’t want you to regret this decision in the future. I just want you to think about it carefully. At least hear his side, we just concluded base on what you saw. After everything that he did for you, you can’t just divorce him over one mistake that he did. Give him a chance to explain what happened.” Her mother explained calmly.

 

“Over one mistake? That mistake that you’re saying wasn’t a mistake at all. It was his choice, cheating on me was his choice.She would never kiss him if he didn’t show any motive. I saw him kissing her. I don’t need to hear his explanation. I’ve seen enough. I don’t want to hear another lie.” She said as she wipes her tears that flows uncontrollably.

 

“Omma and Appa loves you JooHyun and seeing you getting hurt will be the last thing that we want to see. No parents would want to see their daughter or son getting hurt. We just want you to be sure of your decision. We want the best for you that’s why we think it will be better if you’ll think about it again.” Her mother said cupping her face wiping her tears.

 

It’s her rest day so she decided to talk to her legal team regarding the divorce that she wanted to file for a very long time. In fact, when she came back to Korea, filing the divorce is one of her goal. She wanted this marriage to be over and done. To keep everything private, her manager decided to hold the meeting at her parents’ house. It was not easy for them to convince Seohyun to agree with the venue because going there means that she’ll also go back to everything that happened three years ago. She might be strong outside but to be honest, she knows that she’s not yet ready to go back there. She can face him and acts as if she’s not affected with his presence but she’s not ready to go back to the place which had been a sole witness for their love.

 

 Aside from that, there is also a high possibility that she’ll see him once she entered that place again and she doesn’t want it to happen, just for today, she doesn’t want to see him  but she had no choice but to follow their plan since she know that it will caught the attention of the media if they invited her legal team in her new house. She doesn’t want too much attention when it comes on her private life. Her parents’ house holds a lot of good memories to her but it also has bad memories that she wanted to bury in the past. She bought the house for her parents so she can be with them whenever she’s in Korea but because she was dating then the leader of CNBLUE, her parents were not surprise at all when he told them that he’ll occupy the next door beside them, in fact, they were excited about it. Soon he bought one unit just above where they are staying. YongHwa bought it under their name to celebrate their second anniversary. With the permission from both of their parents, YongHwa and Seohyun decided to live together without letting everyone know aside from their family, friends, managers and company of course. It was not hard convincing their parents since they trusted YongHwa and Seohyun to be responsible for their actions. Also, they are totally aware that they are planning to get married the following year so living together wasn’t a big deal to them.

 

The house is a sole witness of the love they shared and the dreams that they built together. Everything was going smoothly and perfectly just like how they wanted it to be until they got married secretly. When they got married, she believed that happy ever after still exists in the modern world. Everything seems to fall to its place until she discovered his infidelity. After that incident, she never came back to the villa. When she left Korea, she also left all her painful memories there.

 

So going back here after three years wasn’t easy for her and JiYoung knew it but they don’t have a choice. They still need to protect her privacy and that will only be possible if they’ll talk to her legal team in a private place just like the villa where she used to live. Nobody will suspect she will come here as everyone was busy stalking in her new house.

 

When her van stops in front of the main gate, Seohyun felt nervous to the point that she’s too scared to get off from the van. She took a deep breath but she still can’t find any courage to get off the van.

 

“I can’t do this Unnie.” She mumbled shaking her head.

 

“Kwaenchana.” JiYoung squeezed her hand tightly as if that will make her feel better.

 

“He’s not here. According to my source, they are in Japan.” She assured her.

 

Seohyun managed to tell JiYoung about her true feelings to YongHwa. JiYoung was actually not surprised at all since she can feel it too. However, she promised that she will not interfere with her decisions.

 

‘I want you to be happy. I’m just here if you need me.’ She remembered what she said that day.

 

Seohyun blew out air between her lips before finally getting off from the van. Just by looking at the villa, everything that happens in the past came back to her. Suddenly she can’t breathe well, she can feel her hands trembling. She felt JiYoung holds her hand tightly. When she turned at her, she just gave her a slight nod and smile. “I’m here.” Jiyoung mouthed at her which she replied with a smile.

 

She closed her eyes to gather some courage before entering the main entrance of the villa.

 

“Let’s go.” She said full of determination when she open her eyes.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Since they arrived at the villa, Seohyun has been praying really hard that their path will not cross. After the day where YongHwa made a scene by tearing the divorce paper in front of everyone at the filming site of their drama, they didn’t talk to each other. She’s still pissed at him and she still can’t understand how he can bluntly told her that he want her back, after everything that happened. It has been a week since that happened, but what made her more furious is the fact that YongHwa had been ignoring her, it’s not because she was affected by it, it’s because she can’t understand why he’s ignoring her when in fact, it should be her who should be mad at him. She’s not sure if he’s doing it on purpose or if he’s mad at her and she doesn’t have any plan to ask him about it. Despite of them not talking to each other, they managed to work professionally for a week, in fact, they had filmed kissing scene without NG twice. They will only talk if camera is rolling or if the staff will tell them that they will record the making of the drama. However when the camera stops rolling, they will go back to being cold as if they don’t know each other.

 

 “I-I’m not telling you to cancel it.” Seohyun came back from her reverie when Attorney Kim spoke.

 

Attorney Kim is her Legal Attorney  for three years. She is a single woman same age as Seohyun. When she started working for her, she vowed to keep everything confidential not because it’s part of her work but because Seohyun asked her to.

 

“What I’m telling you is to try considering it first. I already told you this even before we sent him the divorce paper for the first time. We can’t proceed if he’s persistent on not signing it and you know that our stand on the court if this case will proceed is very low. We don’t have enough evidence to support your claim.” She explained.

 

Seohyun closed her eyes to control her anger or she might fire the woman in front of her. She doesn’t want that to happen because she is one of the best Attorneys in South Korea. Attorney Kim also knows how to handle her temper especially when it comes to their divorce. . She clenched her fist on her lap.

 

“He cheated on me Attorney, I-I saw it with my two eyes. Isn’t that enough proof? I want to put an end to this marriage. I want to cut whatever connection I have with him! I don’t want to carry his name anymore! I want a divorce.” She said feeling frustrated. Her mother sighed but she pretends not to see it. She feels like she’s alone in this battle.

 

“I know that Seo JooHyun ssi but I think this divorce will be impossible if he’s not going to cooperate with us. Yes, you saw them kissing but aside from that we don’t have any valid proof. The place doesn’t have a CCTV camera either. We also don’t have any witness to justify our claim. This will be hard not unless you can convince him in signing the divorce paper.”

 

Seohyun let out an air of exasperation. She held her temple thinking what Atty. Kim said. It’s not that she’s not aware that this case is really impossible. She knew it ever since she decided to file but she still pursue it thinking that YongHwa will sign it. All she need was his sign but she was furious when the paper came back to her unsigned. Knowing YongHwa, it will be hard for her to convince him especially when it comes to their divorce. YongHwa is such a stubborn guy, she of all people must know that.

 

She heaved a sigh then she looked at everyone in the room before finally making a decision she’s not sure if it’s the right thing to do. Maybe her mother was right after all. Maybe she needs to think of this again.

 

“Ahrasseo. Let’s postpone the divorce case then.” She announced calmly that made all the people in the room surprised. On the other hand, her parents seem to be very happy with her decision.

 

“Let’s postpone it until I can convince him.” She added making sure that her parents won’t have high hopes about their marriage anymore.

 

She did not wait for Atty.Kim’s reply as she stands and leave the library where they decided to talk to her legal team with her parents. She went to her room to calm herself. But it seems going to this room will just give her more painful memories. It was the room she used to share with him. Every part of the room made her remember him. She slowly walk towards the bed, she sat at the end of it as she runs her fingers on the soft mattress. She was just glad that her mother removed everything that will make her remember him or else she would feel worst.

 

She walks toward the floor to ceiling glass window then she push the curtains aside which gave her an overview of the main entrance. Then her heart began to beat faster again as she saw a familiar figure outside. Someone she did not expect to see, at least not now.

‘I thought they’re still in Japan.’ She thought as she looks at him helping his dongsaengs with their luggage.

As if sensing someone is looking at him, YongHwa suddenly looked up that made Seohyun jolted in surprise from where she is standing so she immediately turns around so he won’t see her by the window, she feels like her heart is about to explode.

 

‘Why am I even hiding?’ she mumbled. She bit her lower lip and took a deep breath as she slowly turns around to look outside again. She feels like her heart is breaking into pieces again as she saw him still standing outside while looking at her. She swallowed a hard lump on as their eyes locked for she doesn’t know how long until she decided to look away. She closed the curtain and went back to her bed and hugged her pillow.

 

‘Why are you doing this to me, Oppa?’ she mumbles still looking at the window but this time with a close curtain. This room had witnessed some of the dreams that they built together. She builds a new world with him inside this room. It is here where he usually stays after having a concert outside Korea. He would just surprise her by waking up with him hugging her tightly. Then they’ll end up staying in the room the whole day talking about everything that they did when they were not together.

 

‘Why did you hurt me? You said that we’ll grow old together. You promised me that I’m the only woman you’ll love. What happens to those promises? Do you fulfill those promises with her now? Do you build your new future with her?

 

She shakes her head as if disagreeing to what she just said because thinking that he’s building new dreams with her hurts her a lot. It brings back all the pain that she felt three years ago. She hugs her pillow tightly as if it will make the pain go away.

 

Her reverie was interrupted when her phone rang. She wiped her tears and coughs a little to make her voice normal.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw that an unregistered number is calling her.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” She answered her phone.

 

When nobody speaks on the other line, she speaks again. “Yobosaeyo?”

 

Silence fills the other line, she was about to hung up thinking that it was a prank call until she heard a familiar voice.

 

“It’s me.” Her heart almost skipped a beat just by hearing his voice. She clutched her phone tightly.

 

“W-Who’s this?” She asked nervously pretending she doesn’t know him. She heard him sighed heavily.

 

“I-It’s me. YongHwa.”

 

“O-Ohh. H-how did you get my number?” She holds her chest as her heart keeps on beating faster.

 

“You didn’t change number.”

 

Then it hit her. He was right, she didn’t change number. She sighed.

 

“Hyu~un. I want to see you. Let’s talk, please.” He whispered the last word.

 

She felt as if someone ripped her chest. It was too painful that she wasn’t able to breathe properly. Just by hearing him call her name that way m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter