Chapter Three

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After a few minutes drive Seohyun reached the building of his agency. She was thankful that there aren’t any fans roaming outside the company or else they will be part of the headline again tomorrow. Seohyun is fully aware how people, especially their fans, keep on linking them and creating false rumors about them.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to be accompanied inside?” Her manager asked her as she slings her bag on her shoulder.

 

“Ne. I won’t take long, Unnie.” She gave the lady a gentle smile before getting off the car.

 

“Aharasseo, I’ll just wait for you here.”

 

She gave her manger a little bow before entering the building.

 

Upon reaching the entrance, the security noticed her, she greeted him gracefully.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo!” She said cheerfully bowing to the older man.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo!” The older man bowed instantly and opened the glass door for her.

 

“Should I tell –“

 

“Aniyo!” She stop the guard from talking.

 

She gave him her sweetest smile. “I want to surprise him.” She added.

 

“Ahh, ne. His office is in the third floor. You can ask Ms.Park for the direction. She’s the receptionist in third floor.” The older man explained. She thank the old man before entering the building.

 

“Anneonghaseyo!” A young lady which she supposed is same age as her greeted her cheerfully as soon as she got out of the elevator.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo!” She greeted back.

 

“He’s in his office right now. Should I tell him that you’re here?”

 

Seohyun find it amazing that his staff already knew why she was here without even mentioning his name.

 

“I would really appreciate it if you won’t bother yourself , Miss—“ she smiled and give the lady a look as if she’s waiting for her to say her name.

 

“Miss Park. My name is Park Eun Hye, they call me Miss Park, Miss Seo JooHyun.”

 

She giggled and waved her hand. “JooHyun, you can call me JooHyun. Miss Seo JooHyun is too formal, besides, I think we’re of the same age.”

 

“Ne. You’re right, we are of the same age but I’m sorry, I can’t call you informally. He might—“

 

“scold you?” She cuts her off, the young woman just nods gently.

 

“Don’t mind him, I’ll take care of it.” She added giving the young woman a warm smile.

 

“Ah..Ne..if that’s what you want.” Eunhye said softly.

 

“Good! So tell me how do I get to his office?”

 

“Just walk straight on that hallway then turned left. Go inside a glass door on your right, inside is another wooden door. That’s his office. You can just go straight to his room since his secretary went home few minutes ago.”EunHye smiled as she told her the direction.

 

“Algeussimnida. Thank you so much, EunHye-ssi.” She smiled and bowed to her before turning around. She didn’t notice how EunHye’s eyes widened in surprise.

“S-She called me EunHye-ssi. The famous Seo JooHyun called me on my first name!” She mumbled to herself feeling giddy. Feeling she might fall on her knees because of too much joy, she sat down on her swivel chair still feeling great of what just happened.

 

“She even want me to talk informally to her! How great was that?!” She said putting her hand on both sides of her cheeks.

 

She is after all, a hardcore fan of her drama in America. She even watch the Grand Finale of World Star Champion in America.

 

============================================================================================

 

Seohyun reach his office after following EunHye’s instruction. She can’t help but imagine what will be his reaction when he saw her. She giggled at her thought, she tried herself not to make a noise or else her plan will be busted. So she calm herself before turning the knob.

 

“OPPA!!!! SURPRISE!!!” She yelled loudly as she opened the door.

 

“OMO! Kam chagiya!” The guy inside the room mumbled in surprise. He got so surprise that he dropped a pile of papers on the floor. At that moment, Lee Min Ho thought that his heart dropped on the floor too. Literally.

 

He looked at the person who almost gave him a heart attack, his eyes widened in surprise realising who was his visitor at this hour.

 

“SEO JOOHYUN?!” He asked still felling shocked.

 

Seohyun laughed heartily at MinHo’s reaction.

 

“Woah! Daebak! You should have seen your face! It is really epic, Oppa! It’s a pity, I wasn’t able to record it, your fans will absolutely love it! And YES! It’s me! I’m back!” She said happily.

 

“Y-yah! O-Ottokke—W-When did you arrive? I told you to call me when you’re going back,right?” He said stuttering but later on he managed to get his senses back.

 

“Eeeyyy..then that would be not a surprise anymore. You have no idea how I stopped the staffs here in informing you about my ariival. Gosh! They all know I’m here for you even though I haven’t say anything. Could it be because they thought we are really a couple?” Seohyun said winking at him.

 

“Should we make those rumors real then, JooHyun-ssi?” MinHo said grinning which made Seohyun annoyed instantly.

 

“Aish! Jinjja! Not unless you can already live without Unnie.” She retorted back that earned a smack from Lee MinHo.

 

“Ouch! That hurts! Yah! Do you wanna die? Aish! Jinjja! I should have told MinYoung Unnie that you really became a bad person! Jinjja! You keep on harassing me!” She said pouting.

MinHo smirked. “Don’t be exaggerated, that was a just a smack, it wasn’t painful. Besides, that’s not harassing, let’s say that is my “WELCOMING SMACK.” He grinned at her.

 

“Mwoya?! What the heck is a Welcoming Smack Oppa?! That really hurts! I am so gonna tell you to Unnie!”

 

“As if my fiancee will believes you.” He winked at her.

 

“OH MY GOSH!” Seohyun exclaimed in her fluent English.

 

“Seolma…” MinHo just nods and wriggled his eyebrows.

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Jinjja??? She accepted it?? Daebak!” She exclaimed in delight while clasping her hands.

 

“Yes, she did!”

 

 “Woah! At least, your effort of coming back here hasn’t gone to waste. I’m so happy for you, Oppa.You finally found your happiness.” Seohyun smiled as she know how hard he planned for the proposal.

 

“You will also find your happiness. All you need to do is talk to him.” Seohyun’s smile faded away.

 

“Waeyo? I mean we’re both good, Oppa.” She tried to smile.

 

“You know that’s not true. JooHyun-ah—“

 

“Oppa. I went here to get my final script for tomorrow’s script reading not to talk about my past. I told you already that I’m fine. I am really fine, Oppa. I’m happy and he’s happy so let’s not talk about it anymore.Hmm?” She cut him off before she finally get annoyed to the man in front of her. MinHo really know how to ruin her mood. She doesn’t get it why does he has to open her past again. She have moved on, that’s what matters.

 

MinHo heaved a sigh. “Are you sure you’re ready for this? You’ll  be working with them, media might ope—“

 

“Oppa. Are we going to talk about this again? I said  I’m fine. I’m a professional actress, I can work with anyone. You know that,right? Neo, Seolma, you don’t trust me?” She cut him again, she’s starting to get annoyed but she still manage to smile. No matter what he say, she just can’t get mad to this man.

 

“I trust you Princess. Of course, I do. Don’t be mad at Oppa. It’s just that, you know, this drama makes me worried about you.”

 

“There’s nothing to be worried about. Your princess will nail this drama. I’m going to finish this succesfully.” She winked at him as if assuring him that everything will be fine.

 

MinHo heaved a sigh before he finally got a small white booklet on his table. It’s the final script for tomorrow’s script reading. It contains the first 3 episodes of the drama that he’ll be directing with Seohyun and YongHwa as the main leads.

 

“If you can’t do it, you can still back out, Princess.” He hesitantly hand her the script.

 

“You know that backing out isn’t my style.” Seohyun puts the script in her bag just in case MinHo takes it back again.

 

“Let me just remind you again that—“

 

“That I will be working with THEM. Ahrasseo Oppa. Like you have been repeating that for how many times since I agreed to do this project. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’m a professional actress, right? You already said it, I am Hollywood’s  Rising Superstar. Don’t be so paranoid Oppa. I have put away everything that happened in the past. Besides, the story won in a contest in MBC and everyone knew that we are the imaginary characters that they used, don’t you think that it will be more obvious if I back out now?” She explained calmly that leaves MinHo with no choice. He will never wins with her, he knew that.

 

“Ahrasseo. So 8 a.m tomorrow. Sharp.”

 

“Okay. I’ll be there. I need to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow and congratulations on your new status.” She giggled as she waved him goodbye.

 

The moment she closed the door, she  took a deep breath. “This is it. Fighting Seo JooHyun! Show them what you’ve got!”

 

==========================================================================================

 

The whole cast gathered exactly 9 AM at the conference room in MBC building for the first script reading of  “You’re Still The One”, a new drama under MBC that is set to air a few  months  from now. The upcoming drama gathers a lot of attention since the story won in the first Script Writing Competition held by MBC. The said contest was broadcasted around the world and the winner was chosen through online voting, and one of the entry is a story with YongHwa and Seohyun as the imaginary characters but with different names. The writer then later admits that she is a fan of the couple because of this, YongSeo fans show their full support despite of what happened to YongHwa and Seohyun making the story the grand winner of the said competition. Because the story became so popular since it was introduced in the show, MBC decided to make a drama version with YongHwa and Seohyun as the main leads.When the news about the drama spread in Korea and all over the world, a lot of fans thought that neither Seohyun or YongHwa will accept it because of their break up. The writer, along with all the YongSeo fans did not even hope for it to happen. They all knew it’s impossible to happen until the writer got a call from Seohyun accepting the drama offer, however they kept it a secret to all the cast and the fans until today.  A few days later, Park Shin Hye and Jung YongHwa were both confirmed for the drama. People thought that they are the main leads and that maybe the Production Team changed the cast of the story, however both their agency cleared up the rumor by saying, the female lead hasn’t been confirmed.

 

Everyone gathered in a long table with their script in front of them. Some are busy talking to the other casts while the others are busy memorizing their lines. There were also media covering the said script reading.

 

Lee MinHo on the other hand kept himself busy because obviously he is nervous, not because of the drama but because of someone who is hiding in one room preparing to come out any time. Seohyun. He intentionally told her to come by at 8 AM so no other people will see her since the news about her joining the drama hasn’t been confirmed yet. Her company made a news blackout about it too. She is currently hiding in one room inside the Conference Room.

 

“I heard the female lead will be introduced today.” YongHwa looked to the older woman who will play as his Mother in the drama.

 

“Jinjjayo? I think it’s about time though. I mean, this is the first time they are hiding the identity of the lead star. She must be really popular.” A young girl who will play as Park Shin Hye’s friend said.

 

“Popular? Tch! I’d rather say she just want to gain more attention that’s why they kept it a secret. I mean you know, to boost the viewer’s attention. I bet she’s a rookie in this field that’s why her company did this kind of tactic.” Park ShinHye said obviously annoyed. She felt YongHwa nudged her elbow so she turned to him and mouthed a ‘What?’. But instead of answering, YongHwa just rolled her eyes and shook his head.

 

‘Sometimes, she really needs to stop talking.’ YongHwa thought to himself as he goes back reading his script. Up until now, he’s still clueless as to who will play the female lead, he is really hoping it’s her though. But he knows that it’s impossible to happen.

 

Lee MinHo coughed a little to get the attention of everyone in the room. ‘This is it!’  He thought to himself as he stands. Whatever he will say right now will never be change and he knows that it will made a big impact to Seohyun’s life.

 

“I know that a lot of you have been wondering who is the female lead, we kept it a secret not to make everyone curious about it but because we want this drama to be unique and full of surprises.” He looked at ShinHye then to everyone again. “And she IS popular. She is gaining a lot of atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter