Chapter Nine (Second Half)

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

YongHwa is aware that what Shinhye did isn’t just scandalous and embarrassing but it was also a career suicide. She went overboard and everyone can’t deny it especially that the incident she made was heard and seen by a lot of people. There’s a big possibility that people would judge her base on what they saw and heard, worst she might lose her career. Right at this moment, people might be digging again with what happened to his relationship with Seohyun, three years ago, and the speculation that Shinhye had something to do with his break up might come out again. However, YongHwa is ready for the worst things to come, if he needs to admit to everyone what really happened, he’s willing to do it. If revealing the truth is the only way to get Seohyun back, he’s willing to take his chance on it.

 

At this moment, Yonghwa doesn’t care if people will hate him, curse him or even judge him. The fans might hurt him physically and emotionally but he doesn’t mind at all because his main concern now is Seohyun. The image of Seohyun’s reaction after what Shinhye did keeps flashing in his mind for a countless times already. When Shinhye left, Seohyun looks pale, just when everyone thought that maybe it was because she got surprised when Shinhye slapped her, YongHwa saw something in her eyes, she was not surprised, it was not the slap that made her look pale, Seohyun is scared and YongHwa is certain about it.

 

YongHwa knew her too well that she doesn’t need to tell him what’s running in her mind, he can easily tell it just by looking at her. Although, reading her became a hard thing for YongHwa recently since Seohyun is back to her old self again, keeping all her emotions by herself, YongHwa is certain that Seohyun is scared of something. At first he wasn’t sure what it is until Seohyun apologize to him. The way she looked at him when she apologized tells him that she was not scared for herself or for anything but she’s scared for Shinhye.

 

Right at that moment, he wanted to tell her that it was not her fault, that she did not do anything wrong but instead he hugged her tight and told her that everything will be fine. His heart bleeds to see Seohyun in that state, crying helplessly and blaming herself for everything that happened.

 

 He knows that Seohyun should not blame herself because lying to everyone just to protect him and ShinHye was never a crime. If there’s someone who should be blamed of what happened that should be him and every day, he always feels guilty for failing Seohyun and everyone around him, everyday, he always blame himself for every hardship that Seohyun went through.

He should have tried harder to explain to her what really happened. He should have not let their company handle the whole situation. If only he was strong enough to handle everything then this wouldn’t happened. Shinhye would never assume things the wrong way and his marriage life will not be ruined like this.

 

He tried so hard to fight for Seohyun and win her back but when she gave up on them, he should have remained strong but he didn’t. Just like her, he also gave up without even telling her the truth. Instead of being a man and clearing up the rumors, he remained silent and let his agency handled it. He let her go when he know that he should have fight for their love. He gave her up and he regretted that every day since she left but now he’s determined to fix everything.

 

Shinhye might be throwing tantrums wherever she is right now but this doesn’t bother him at all. He’s done dealing with her, he’s done comforting and protecting her. When he starts dating Seohyun, Shinhye confessed to him that she still loves him and she wanted him back but he told her that he doesn’t want the same thing because he’s now happy with Seohyun. He knew for himself that he did everything to make her understand that he doesn’t love her the same way she love him. So when his relationship with Seohyun was revealed, he thought that Shinhye will finally move on but he was wrong. In fact, whenever they were in the same event, she always approached him casually even when Seohyun was around. He knew that Seohyun doesn’t like her so what she’s doing is making him uncomfortable. Sometimes, her actions will make his girlfriend jealous until she stops getting jealous and just understand Shinhye’s personality. Seohyun has been a very understanding girlfriend for him that she got used to Shinhye’s sweet attitude in front of him in public. However, he knew that Seohyun still got jealous with her so one day, he warned Shinhye to stop bothering him because he’s already happy with Seohyun but she just shrugged him off as if what he said was not serious. So, he decided to ask his manager not to accept any event or project where he will be with Shinhye, if she can’t avoid him then he will. But avoiding her didn’t last long, one day, his agency informed him, that there was good drama offer for him but he would be paired with Shinhye, he was ready to reject the project but when he read the script, he knew that the drama was made for him, he has to do it. The drama would be good for his acting career. When he told Seohyun about it, of course, she got furious but she still agreed to do it, after all, nothing will change since they were already married that time, nothing bad will happen or so they thought.

 

He took another deep sigh as he raked his fingers through his hair. Remembering everything that happened pained him a lot. He wanted to go after Seohyun and told her everything but he knew that he must deal with Shinhye first. She’s doing some things he never even thought she’s capable of. He needs to stop her before she hurt Seohyun or anyone again. He doesn’t know why Shinhye had to do all those filthy things because he was sure for himself that he never gave her false hope. He made sure that whatever they have right now is a part of their job, nothing more and she knew that from the very beginning. If he wasn’t able to stop her last time, he’ll make sure he’ll do it now. He won’t let her ruin his marriage again, not now when he knows that Seohyun still love him, she may not tell it yet but he can feel it.

 

He stares blankly on the floor as he gently brushes both of his hand at the back of his neck.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He was in deep thought when he heard JungShin’s voice. He heaved another sigh before he finally sat straight and looked at the younger man who is now sitting beside him.

 

“Manager Hyung is asking if you’re ready for your scheduled photo shoot for your drama.” He added when he just sat straight looking at him without saying anything.

 

“I-I know that it’s hard---“

 

“Ani. Tell him to cancel it.” He cut him off looking straight at his eyes that made Jungshin confused.

 

“Ne?” He asked a little bit surprised. YongHwa is the type of person who never cancel any of his schedules even if something bad happened unless it’s a matter of life and death situation, which never happen yet.

 

“ I have to see Shinhye, first.” He said in a serious tone. He stands and grabs his coat but stop when Jungshin grabs his arm.

 

“Mwo? Shinhye?! Hyung! NEO MICHEOSEO?!” He yelled the last sentence loudly that made Jonghyun and Minhyuk look at their direction.

 

“MWORAGO?!” YongHwa yelled while glaring at him. He forcefully removes his arm from Jungshin’s grip.

 

“YAH! KEUMANHE!” Jonghyun rushed immediately to their direction when he saw that JungShin was about to throw a punch at YongHwa’s face.

 

“What now? Do you want to hit me? Go on! If that would make you feel better, if that would make you ALL feel better, go on! HIT ME!”

 

“Hyung.” Jonghyun pleaded. “Don’t do this, please.” He added still grabbing Jungshin away from him while Minhyuk is already beside YongHwa holding him tightly to stop him from going near Jungshin.

 

JungShin clenched his fist tightly that his knuckles turned white as he glared at Yonghwa who was glaring at him too.

 

Not long after, YongHwa took a deep breath then smirk at him.

 

“Let me go, Minhyuk-ah. If there’s someone you need to stop here, that would definitely not me.” Minhyuk suddenly loosened his grip realizing how cold Yonghwa’s words are. Yonghwa fix his collar and put on his coat then he looked at s and without saying anything he turned around to walk out the room.

 

Just when he was about to turn the knob, he heard Jungshin speak again.

 

“You know what? I don’t know what she did to you that after everything that she did,  you still come back to her. She must did something great to you that you even forget that she almost killed your wife and just today, she embarrassed her in front of other people! She ruined your life! How could you go to her instead of comforting your own wife?! When you told us that you’re going to work with her, everybody here judged you but I didn’t! As your best friend, I tried very hard to understand you. I waited for the day that you’re going to tell me why you need to work with her! You always tell me the reason, you used to tell me those things that you can’t tell to anyone but I just waited for nothing. You act as if you’re doing well, as if she was not the reason why Joohyun left Korea! I don’t understand you anymore. I don’t even know where is the YongHwa that I know. But there’s one thing I’m sure of, that with everything that is happening, Joohyun is hurting and flash news! It’s because of you…..AGAIN!”

“You don’t know anything so stop talking as if you knew what really happened.” He said turning around to face him.

 

“We don’t know anything because you NEVER let us know what was happening!” Jungshin said in gritted teeth.

 

“Stop it Jungshin-ah! I said stop it!” Jonghyun said full of authority still holding him tightly.

 

“What is happening here?!” Their manager suddenly emerged from the door obviously surprised finding Jonghyun holding Jungshin tightly.

 

“YongHwa, you’re late for your photo shoot. Get---“

 

“Cancel the photo shoot. I’ll go see Shinhye. As to what just happened, if you need an explanation, why don’t you ask the MAKNAE.” He said putting an emphasis on the last word as if that would make JungShin realize his own mistake. He left without saying anything.

 

“Okay. So, can anybody tell me what was this all about?!” He asked the three men furiously.

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

“I can’t believe this, Hyung! Did you see that?! He still chose Shinhye over his wife after everything that happened?!” JungShin said in disbelief, a few minutes after YongHwa left.

 

Jonghyun just finished explaining everything to their manager.

 

“This is unbelievable!” He mumbled under his breath as he sat on the sofa.

 

“Is that why you shouted at him? I heard your voice from outside.” Their manager asked him calmly.

 

“Yes! He needs to realize his own mistake!”

 

“By shouting at him?! He is your Hyung! He’s your leader! Did you even realize how disrespectful you are to him? You crossed the line, Jungshin-ah, you all crossed the line!”

 

Jonghyun and Minhyuk looked at him in disbelief.

 

“What? We tried to stop them---“

 

“I’m not just talking about what happened today. Do you think I did not notice how you treat him these past years?! You were so cold to him but did you hear anything from him?!”

 

Jonghyun and Minhyuk looked at each other feeling guilty. JungShin heaved a sigh.

 

“But Hyung, what he’s doing is wrong! This is not the YongHwa that we know. If ever Jonghyun Hyung and Minhyuk treated him coldly it’s because he’s not doing the right thing anymore! Can’t you see what he just did now? He left us! He hurt Seohyun by choosing Shinhye again.”

 

Their manager just shook his head lightly while looking at them. He took a deep breath.

 

“Let’s go home. There’s something I need to tell the three of you.” He said seriously.

 

“What is it? Is there something that you’re not telling us?” Jonghyun asked after seeing their manager’s reaction.

 

“Don’t tell me that he’s really dating Shinhye?!” Jungshin asked in disbelief.

 

“Let’s go home, I’ll explain everything to you in your dorm and please Jungshin! Stop saying non-sense things! You’re his best friend, you should know him better! I’ll meet you all at the car park.” He gave them a warning look before he left the room banging the door.

 

They all look at each other suddenly feeling confused as to what they would hear from their manager but they followed him anyway.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Upon reaching their dorm, their manager gathers them in the living room. He looked at them with a very serious expression as they look back at him still clueless of what he is about to tell them.

 

Jim, CNBLUE’s manager for more than seven years knew almost everything about these four guys so they can’t really hide any secret from him. Among their managers, CNBLUE trusted him the most with their secrets because they know that their secrets are safe with him. When YongHwa started dating Seohyun, he was the first one to found out. He knew that it could harm YongHwa’s career but he trusts YongHwa, he knew he is responsible enough to handle this situation and he never failed him. Most of the time, when YongHwa would sneak at night to see Seohyun, he would help him. When the couple finally decided to date publicly, he was the one who helped them so it would look like they were caught dating.

 

He was fully aware of everything that happened three years ago. When he found out that Shinhye set him up to make Seohyun jealous, he got furious that he wanted to file a lawsuit against her but Yonghwa told him that it would just makes things worst so he let it slip. He thought that Yonghwa and Seohyun would patch things up when he followed her in America but he was wrong because after two weeks YongHwa came back alone with a broken heart.

 

 He knows that YongHwa would get mad at him if he found out that he told them everything but this is the only way he knows to help him. When he starts working with Shinhye again, they never treat him the same way before, they still follow his orders when it comes to work but they treat him coldly. YongHwa was aware of their actions but he told him to let it passed since he deserved it. However, their manager thinks that he doesn’t deserve any rude behavior from s. A lot of people can judge and be rude to him but not s because YongHwa sacrificed a lot for them. He can’t take it but because he promised him that he will not say anything to them, he kept it a secret until now.

 

Beside from the fact that Yonghwa doesn’t deserve the treatment that they were giving him, Jim thought that it’s about time they know everything. They deserve to know what really happened three years ago. YongHwa can be mad at him but he can deal with him later.

 

“I’m sure that YongHwa already told you about what Shinhye did, three years ago. What made Seohyun ssi leave suddenly, right?”

 

“Yes. He said that Shinhye set him up to make Seohyun jealous. That’s why I don’t understand why he has to be with her---“

 

“It was part of the contract.” His manager cut him off.

 

“Ne?! What contract?!” The three men looked more confuse now.

 

He took a deep breath as he unfolds every detail that he can remember.

 

“It all started……”

 

FLASHBACK:

 

“What is the meaning of this?!” He asked furiously, showing him his Ipad screen, the moment Yonghwa came to his office. It showed a dating scandal involving him and Shinhye which is spreading like wildfire in the internet now.

 

“So you’ve seen it.” YongHwa said lifelessly giving him back the Ipad.

“Mwo?! So I’ve seen it?! That’s it?!” He asked in disbelief but YongHwa just shrugged his shoulders as he took a sit on the couch.

 

Since the news broke out this morning, the phone in his office kept ringing asking for an appointment with him. Medias are hungry for their statement regarding the dating scandal, they all want the same thing, a confirmation if YongHwa is really dating Shinhye and if Shinhye was the reason of YongHwa’s break up with his long time girlfriend, Seohyun.

 

Jim is totally pissed at this moment that he called YongHwa to his office. He knew that there isn’t anything going on between YongHwa and Shinhye, he doesn’t need to confirm that to him but what really pissed him off is how the guy became so careless. He had been so careful not to get caught when he was still dating Seohyun that they even planned the whole thing when they both decided to date publicly so he really don’t understand his sudden carelessness. He never forget to remind him to be careful with Shinhye because she set him up once, she can do it again. Of course, he knows that Shinhye was not alone in all of this. He was sure about it and that made him even more furious.

 

YongHwa’s reaction to his fury isn’t helping at all. He seemed to be relaxed as if the scandal wasn’t a big one and as if his career is not in danger.

 

“You know that the article is not true. So why bother? Let the media make their own conclusion, they’ll get tired.”

 

Jim shut his eyes tight and took a deep breath as if controlling himself. He really wanted to hit someone right now and he’s even more annoyed because that someone is sitting in his office while calmly scanning some magazines.

 

‘Seriously?!’ He thought to himself as he looked at the guy who seems to be cool with everything that is happening.

 

“Do you hear yourself? Your dating scandal with her is all over the news! How come you’re not even affected at all? Did it even occur to you that Seohyun might see this crap?! Actually, she could have seen this already since it’s one big news going around in South Korea. ‘Jung YongHwa of CNBLUE who just recently broke up with her long time girlfriend is caught dating his on screen partner Shinhye.’ BIG NEWS,right?! Your wife could have seen this and you will just give me that kind of reaction?! YAH! JUNG YONGHWA! GET BACK TO YOUR SENSES BEFORE YOU LOST EVERYTHING!” He blurted out loudly, he doesn’t care if his voice can be heard outside his office, all he wants is to bring back the real YongHwa that he knew.

 

“I already lost everything,Hyung. The moment I lost her, I already lost everything. Keurigu, even if she saw that, she will not believe it. You know her.” He said.

 

“I know her.” He said in a mocking tone.

 

“Of course, I know her so I know that she wouldn’t believe this IF you are still together but you are not,  so I know that if she saw this, she would believe it without a second thought! She broke up with you, the news about your break up is still all over the news, people are still waiting for our statement. This rumor, if I didn’t know you and if I didn’t know you’re married, I would definitely fall for this! Seohyun can believe this especially after she caught you kissing Shinhye.” He said furiously trying to get some realization on YongHwa’s mind.

 

“I did not kiss her! She set me up!” He immediately retaliated hearing the last sentence of his manager.

 

“She didn’t know about that.” Jim replied almost deadpanned.

 

As if everything came down to him, YongHwa fell silent, his swollen eyes are now full of worries. Jim was aware how the guy was coping with the break up. He doesn’t even know if he can really consider it a break up since Seohyun would never talk to him, they just found out the other day that her agency confirmed the break up. YongHwa tried to talk to her but to no avail.

 

“Did you talk to her? I heard from their manager that she’s sick.” His voice softened. He felt sorry for YongHwa. He knew that as a manager and a friend, he needs to be more understanding but he was just pissed because he seems to be not affected at all. He must also admit that as a manager, he panicked as this might ruin YongHwa and CNBLUE’s career.

 

“She wouldn’t talk to me.” He heard him mumbled.

 

“Her Unnies would never let me see her. Her agency confirmed the break up without even contacting us. I don’t know what to do anymore, Hyung. I’m losing her, I’m losing my wife so why would I care about this rumor? She would never come back to me.” He said with teary eyes. Jim knows that the couple went through a lot and he knows why YongHwa feels so hopeless now.

 

“Are you giving up?” He can’t help but asked loudly what was running in his mind.

 

YongHwa looked at him obviously contemplating if he’s going to answer the question or not.

 

“Are you giving up because you think it’s really the end of your relationship or are you giving up because you think she’s not worth the fight anymore?” He added when he remained silent.

 

YongHwa shook his head lightly. “You know that she’s always worth fighting for. Heck, I can even die fighting for her and you know that I won’t get tired fighting for us but it’s really hard to go on  especially I know that I’m the only one in this battle. Joohyun is my life, without her, I don’t know how to live, Hyung.” A soft sob was heard from him.

 

“Ahra. I also know what you’ve been through just to be with her, more than anybody, I know everything so I don’t really understand why do you sound like you wanted to give her up.” He said sitting in front of him.

 

“I broke her trust, her Unnies will never let me go near her because they believe I cheated on their maknae.”

 

“Because they don’t know the truth yet. Seohyun will not think of you wrongly if only you would explain everything to her.”

 

“How on earth would I do that when every time I dare to go near and talk to her, her Unnies will yell and even slap me? I can take every painful word that they throw at my face, every slap and punch that they give me, I just want them to let me see her but they won’t. I did everything to talk to her, Hyung.” His voice is shaking.

 

“Or maybe that ‘everything’ you’re talking about isn’t enough.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Jim was about to say something when they heard a soft knock.

 

“Enter.” Jim said loudly enough for the person outside the door to hear.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt Sir, but Shinhye’s manager is on the other line.” Jim’s secretary said as soon as she opens the door.

 

“What does she want now?! And didn’t I tell you to unplugged those telephone lines?!” He said annoyingly.

 

“Jeoseonghamnida.” The young woman bowed nervously.

 

“Do you really need to unplug the telephone lines?” YongHwa asked out of curiosity.

 

“Well, medias keep on bugging me this morning asking for  our statement about the scandal since her agency told them they will look into it and they will ask us for a confirmation. I don’t really feel good about this YongHwa-yah.” There was a hint of worry in his voice.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung for giving you a hard time.” He said sincerely.

 

Jim shake his head gently there’s something bothering him about the scandal but he’ll let him know when he’s sure about it.

 

“You can make it up by getting Seohyun back. You look so wasted, Dude!” He said tapping his shoulder before standing up to receive the call.

 

“Please put her on the line.” He instructed his secretary as he sat on his swivel chair, picking up the phone.

 

“Ne.” She bowed again closing the door. After a few seconds, he heard a beep sound on the other line.

 

“Oppa!” He heard a familiar voice greeting him from the other line.

 

“What do you want?” He asked coldly.

 

“Wow! Hello to you too.” The woman said full of sarcasm.

 

‘Is it me or she really looks happy?! How can she be so happy when both our artists are in a scandal today?!’ He thought to himself as he looked at YongHwa who is looking back at him, wondering what is the woman on the other line is saying.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows again. It seems that his intuition about the scandal is right. He still hope that he was just being paranoid, he hopes that he is wrong because if he found out that the woman talking to him now has something to do with the scandal, he might forget that she is his ex fiancée.

 

“I’m really busy now, so if----“

 

“Our PR Department wants to have a meeting with you and Jung YongHwa tomorrow.” She cut him off.

 

“”Mwo? Why is that?” He asked in annoyance.

 

“Well, of course your YongHwa and my Shinhye was caught in a dating scandal. Don’t you think we should do some damage control? They might lose their career if we don’t, worst, FNC might lose CNBLUE. So, I’ll see the two of you at 9 am tomorrow.”

 

Then the line went dead.

 

Jim looked at YongHwa dumbfounded still holding his phone to his ear.

 

“Who the hell does she think she is to order me around?!” He yelled putting down the phone loudly.

 

“Why? What do they want?” YongHwa asked obviously bothered. The way his manager reacts means it isn’t a good thing.

 

“They want to meet us tomorrow regarding this scandal.”

 

“Then we’ll meet them---“

 

“No! I’ll meet them. I would want to confirm something.”

 

“What is it, Hyung?”

 

“I think Sera have something to do with the scandal.” He said looking at YongHwa who is staring at him wide eyed.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

The next day, Jim came to ShinHye’s agency as what he was told. The moment he parked his car outside the building, he saw Sera’s assistant outside the gate.

 

“Don’t tell me you were waiting for me here?!” He asked annoyingly after the young woman bowed at him.

“I-I’m just doing my job, sunbaenim.” She replied politely.

 

“What if I didn’t come?”

 

“Sera sunbaenim said you will come.” She replied smiling nervously.

 

He just shook his head hearing her answer, he reminds himself that there are still many things he needs to do and finds out for the whole day than arguing with her, who is just following an order. He fixed his coat when Sera’s assistant leads him to the conference room.

 

From the glass door of the room, he noticed that aside from Sera, the CEO and few more people are gathered on the long table busy talking to each other.

 

“Good morning. I hope I’m not yet late.” He said the moment he entered the room. Everyone stops from what they are doing and stand to greet him.

 

“Oh no, Jim. We’re just about to start. Thank you for coming.” The CEO replied smiling widely shaking his hand. A gesture that made Jim quite nervous but he still manage to smile at him.

 

‘This isn’t going to be a good meeting.’ He thought as he looked at the older man.

 

“Oppa! You’re early, I thought---“

 

“I’m always early for the meeting, Sera-ssi. Besides, I didn’t come here for small talks. If you don’t mind, I’m here for business so let’s get started.” he looked at Sera coldly who was standing beside him. She was about to hug him but took a step backward feeling the cold treatment from him.

 

“O-Of course. Have a seat.” She said feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. She guided him to his designated seat before she took her own seat beside Shinhye who suddenly fell silent after Jim’s arrival.

“Where is YongHwa ssi? I thought he’s coming with you.” Sera asked when everyone were finally settled on their seat.

 

“He has a schedule today so he can’t make it. So I’ll just tell him everything that we’re going to talk about it here.” He lied.

 

“Speaking of that matter, if you wouldn’t mind, may I ask what is this meeting all about? As a manager, I believe that we have to do our own damage control in every scandal that came out so I don’t really understand why our presence is needed in the damage control strategy that your company is planning.” He asked looking at the CEO.

 

“You’re actually right but this time since it involves the biggest star of your company and ours, we decided to ask for your cooperation to fix this issue.” The CEO replied.

 

“So it seems like you haven’t released any statement about the scandal—“

 

“We’re about to release a statement after this meeting. FNC is going to deny everything.” He looked at Shinhye who can’t even look at him so he just smirks.

 

“After all, we know that what they are saying in the article is not true.” He added.

 

“”I’m afraid you can’t do that.” Sera suddenly blurted out.

 

“Pardon me?”

 

“You see, this news is selling like hotcakes to everyone. The media are hungry for information. The people keeps talking about this—“

 

“By talking, you mean bashing YongHwa and Shinhye? His break up news is still on the news and then this scandal came out. I don’t see any reason why we should not deny everything.This scandal is going to ruin him and we won’t let that happen.” He retaliated.

 

Sera grins at him.

 

“Oppa,”

 

He glares at her annoyingly. He can’t help but be annoyed everytime she would call him ‘Oppa’ in front of the people as if they are in good terms.

 

“whether people are bashing them or not, they are still talking about it and as long as they talk about the scandal, YongHwa and Shinhye will still be the talk of the town. Isn’t this a great opportunity to help them promote their movie? People will be curious as to what really is the relationship between them. We’re not going to confirm neither denies the scandal, in that way, it will boost people’s curiosity and it’ll help with the movie promotion.” He heard her explained confidently.

 

“I’m sorry but are you saying that you’re  planning to use the scandal for their movie?!” He asked controlling his temper.

 

“Yes—“

 

“I’m sorry but with all due respect, I don’t think using the scandal to promote the movie is a good thing. Have you been monitoring the feedback about the scandal? People are cursing YongHwa and Shinhye, there might be fans that were happy about it but majority of the fans hate it so using it for the movie is the most insane thing I ever heard today. Just in case you are not aware, people are accusing Shinhye of being the reason why YongHwa and Seohyun broke up.” He explained feeling furious yet he still manage to control his anger.

 

“That’s exactly why we should do this strategy. We will not only use the scandal to promote their movie but we’re also going to show the people that their conclusion is wrong.” The CEO replied calmly that made Jim even more furious.

 

“It’s not insane, it can help them promote the movie at the same time we’ll be able to clear the issue quietly. If they are always seen together in a friendly atmosphere, people would stop assuming that they are in a relationship and that Shinhye was the reason of the break up.”

 

“I can’t believe I’m actually hearing this from the two of you. I expected a lot from this company and I’m just disappointed that you’re being too selfish. I guess, you don’t know how fans think about them. The more they are seen together, the more people will think there’s something between them!”

 

“Mr.Jim, I think we are not on the same page. Let’s face it, YongHwa and Shinhye needs a public stint for the people to be interested with them and their movie and it just so happen that the scandal came out. Isn’t this a great public stint?” The CEO said sitting comfortably on his swivel chair at the center of the long table.

 

He was about to say something when he felt something vibrated from his pocket. Right at that moment, he felt relieved seeing YongHwa’s name being flashed on his phone screen. He needs to get him here or he’ll lose his sanity with this meeting.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to take this call. It’s YongHwa-ssi.” He said, standing up to answer the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hyung!” His eyebrows furrowed hearing his voice from the other line. He sound so helpless.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Book me a ticket to Los Angeles!” He pleaded from the other line.

 

“MWORAGO?!” He asked the moment he realized what YongHwa just said. Jim  thought that he will really need to see a doctor today. He’s going crazy about everything that is happening. Just when he thought he heard enough, what YongHwa said next surprised him even more.

 

“She left Korea. I have to follow her—“

 

“Joohyun left Korea without talking to you?!”

 

“Hyung! I have to follow her—“

 

“Ahrasseo! I’ll see what I can do but for now, I need you here. Shinhye’s agency is planning something unbelievable about the scandal, I need you here or I’ll really hit someone here.”

 

He heard him sigh. “Ahrasseo. I’ll be there in ten. I’m driving now.” Then the line went dead.

 

He came back to the room feeling a little bit relieved knowing that YongHwa will be here any minute.

 

“I’m sorry about that. YongHwa will be here any minute.” He informed them as he went back to his seat.

 

“That’s good since we also need his opinion about this matter.” Sera responded.

 

“My opinion and his opinion will never change. He will definitely not agree with this. FNC will not participate in this kind of strategy. I think you’re underestimating our company, Sera-ssi. We are FNC, for crying out loud.Does that makes sense to everyone in this room?! We know better than this, we can handle this, PROFESSIONALLY.” He glared at everyone in the room.

 

“Professionally? You mean by denying everything? You see, the videos and photos are very clear, whether he denied it or not, nobody will believe him, people might hate him even more. They might hate them now but if we remained silent, people will just conclude and sooner or later, this scandal will be forgotten. But if he talk about it, not only his career will be ruined so as Shinhye’s and worst, his band. I’m sure you don’t want that to happen, Oppa.” Sera said calmly.

 

He knows that Sera has a point but he will never show it to her.

 

“You sound like you’re threatening us.” He said  looking straight at Sera.

 

“Threatening? Aniyo. I’m just concerned about what would happen to CNBLUE if ever YongHwa planned to ruin his career for his own benefit.” Sera replied smiling, a fake one, Jim is certain about it.

 

“You’re concerned about CNBLUE? Really.” He asked in a mocking tone, crossing his arms.

 

“Anneonhaseyo! I apologize for being late.” Jim felt a little bit calmer hearing a familiar voice from the door.

 

Everybody looked at the door when YongHwa entered the room panting.

 

“That was fast.” Jim mumbled when Yonghwa sat beside him.

 

“I’m a fast driver besides this is near to SNSD new dorm.” He replied.

 

“Did you come to SNSD’s new dorm? I thought you have a schedule.”

 

Jim was shock to hear Shinhye’s voice for the first time since he arrived. The meeting concerned about her but he never felt her existence in the room.

 

“So, what did I miss?” YongHwa asked everyone, ignoring Shinhye’s question.

 

“Well, the CEO and Sera’s team  are planning on using your dating scandal with Shinhye to promote your movie and to cover the scandal.” He began.

 

“M-Mwo?!” YongHwa asked in disbelief.

 

“They were also suggesting that we should not release any statement about the scandal; they said that we should let the people conclude about what really happened. They think that if people would see the two of you in a friendly atmosphere, people will stop assuming that there’s something going on between the two of you. The scandal will be used as a public stint for the movie and to save your career.” Jim told him every detail of the meeting.

 

“Am I right, Sir or did I miss any details?” He asked the CEO directly but before the CEO can reply they heard YongHwa speak.

 

“Save my career?” YongHwa asked confusingly.

 

“Yes. They want to save your career because they think that if we release a statement, nobody will believe you, it might also ruin CNBLUE’s career.” He added smiling sarcastically to YongHwa.

 

“And you agree to do it?”

 

“Oh, you know my answer to that.” Jim saw a glint of relief from YongHwa’s face.

 

“Let me absorb everything. I’m sorry, it’s just that, I don’t understand this kind of strategy. What is really the plan?”

 

“Well, you only need to sign a three year contract where you will be paired with Shinhye for another two movies and a drama, aside from that, we will cover your dating scandal, we will show them that you and Shinhye are just good friends.”

 

“How?”

 

“You need to be seen with her in a friendly atmosphere in the public. We’re going to convince the public that you’re best of friends, you’ll show your support to her and she will show the public that she’s comforting you with the break up. That’s the plan. It might be hard, people might not believe it at first, but it will work out. We will make it work out.”

 

“It will work out but it’s insane.” YongHwa mumbled.

 

“I think we need to discuss this with the CEO but there’s one thing I just want to ask Sera ssi.” He added.

 

 

 

 

“What is it? Go on.”

 

“Do you have something to do with this?” YongHwa asked coldly.

 

“M-Mwo? W-What do you mean?” She stuttered obviously shocked by the question.

 

“I mean, do you have something to do with this?” He asked emphasizing the last sentence.

 

“A-Are you accusing me?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“Accusing you? Of course not, I just want to make sure that you did not hire those paparazzi to get a picture of us during that day, also I want to know who should I sue since my attorney will be filing a lawsuit against the company who publish the scandal.”

 

Sera’s eyes widened in surprise hearing what YongHwa said. Her face looked pale and she was obviously trembling.

 

“U-Unnie, are you okay?” Shinhye asked her gently.

 

“It seems like the answer is yes. Looking at your reaction, I can tell that you did this. Do you want me to sign this contract? Fine! I’ll sign it.” He said with finality.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy?!” Jim asked furiously.

 

“I’ll sign it because I don’t want my members’ career to be affected with this scandal; I don’t want them to be dragged into this mess. We will not release any statement regarding this neither my break up with Seohyun ssi, if that’s what you want.  FNC is going to have a media blackout with those scandals. You don’t have to save my career; I have my own company to do that. Save Shinhye’s career and do everything that you want about the scandal, I don’t care how you do it but make sure that my band will never be dragged into this mess.”

 

“We can assure you that we’ll do that. We’ll---“

 

“I have one condition though before signing this.”

 

“Go on, anything you ask.” The CEO said smiling.

 

YongHwa looked at Shinhye then to Sera. “Fire her.”

 

“Excuse me?!” Sera asked standing up as he slammed her hands on the table, raising her voice. Everyone lloked at her in surprise.

 

"Calm down, Sera-ssi." The CEO said in warning tone so Sera took a deep breath before sitting back on her chair.

 

“You have to fire Sera ssi before we agree with this because if you did not, we’re going to file a lawsuit against this company. You may not be aware of but your employee include me in a non sense dating scandal not knowing that I’m married and my wife ran away from me thinking the article was right.”

 

“Y-You are w-what?!” Sera asked shocked.

 

“I’m married, Sera-ssi.”

 

“I-I didn’t know.” She mumbled.

 

“I’m sure you don’t.” Yonghwa said full of sarcasm.

 

“You can send the contract to our agency once you fired her. Good day, Ladies and Gentlemen. Let’s go Hyung.” He gave Sera another glare before he stand up, Jim followed him to the door.

 

“T-This is your entire fault.”

 

Just when they are about to open the door, they heard Sera speak and when they turned around they were surprised to see her standing in front of them, tears streaming down on her face.

 

“I did that to make you notice me, Oppa! I did everything to explain to you but you will never listen to me so I thought that maybe if I use YongHwa,you’ll talk to me,right? He’s your favorite so you’re going to fix this with me then we can talk about what happened in the past, I didn’t know he was married.”

 

“You know what, this is why we broke up because you’re being selfish. You only think of yourself. Explain?” Jim said furiously before he leaned to whisper on her ear.

 

“You slept with my bestfriend. I don’t need any explanation for that.” He whispered before he left the room tapping YongHwa’s shoulder.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“The next day, we got the contract and the news that Sera resigned. YongHwa told them that he would signed the contract but he asked them to give him a few days to rest and they agreed. YongHwa flew to America after making sure that CNBLUE will be fine, that you will not be dragged into his scandal. I don’t know what happened in America but after two weeks he came back, he signed the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter