Chapter 7

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night turned darker as the stars grew brighter. Eun Mi was in her bed. She was laying down on the bed. She stared at the ceilling emotionless while cuddling her pillow.

*Should I text him?* Eun Mi thought as she looked at her phone. She reached her phone. She kept typing the text and deleted it. She really didn’t know what to text him.

"Should I really text him?" She asked herself.

"Yes? No? Okay.. Maybe not?" She spoke to herself.

*Fine, just forget about it.* She thought.

One hour later...

"I think I should really text him." She said to herself. Then, she grabbed her phone.

*Okay. I'm gonna text him. But.... What should I say to him? I can't say that I missed him. It'll be weird? Plus, he didn't even know that I like him?*

Eun Mi was just about to text Chunji but her phone started ringing. A small smile plastered on her face when she saw Chunji's name on the screen.

"It's Chunji !!! It's really him! WHAT SHOULD I DO?! Okay, just relax yourself! Yeah, that's right. Just act normal and answer the call." She said to herself.

"Hello. What's up, Chunji?"

"Hello, Eun Mi. I'm sorry if I bother you." He said.

"No, Chunji. Of course, not. You're not bothering me at all." She replied back. "Oh, really? Okay, then. What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm thinking about you." She slapped her forehead when she realised what she said.

"Huh? What?"

"WHAT?! Oh, no. Umm.. I'm just reading a novel." She bit her lips.

"Really? But, I thought you said---"

"No, I'm reading a novel right now. So, why did you call me?" She tried to change the topic.

"Okay. Maybe I heard it wrong. Did L.Joe walk you all the way home?" He asked. "Yes, he did." She answered. "Did he treat you coldly?"

"No. He's nice to me. I guess?"

"Good."

"Next time, you shouldn't insist L.Joe to walk me home. I can walk home all by myself."

"I'm scared if something bad will happen to you."

"Yah, stop thinking negative things! You should think about positive things." She said.

"Fine. But, I'm just worried about you."

"Why do you worry about me, Chunji?"

"Yah! Because you're my best friend and I care about my best friend."  

*Yes.. He's just my best friend.* Eun Mi sighed. 

"Are you listening, Eun Mi? Eun Mi?"

"Umm.. Yes, I'm listening."

"I feel so bad because I couldn't walk you home."

"It's alright. I understand your situation. You already promised to visit Jihyun, right? How is her condition?" She asked him.

"I'm glad that you understand. She's having a fever but, she's fine. She can go to school on Monday." He told her. 

"Oh, I see. I'm happy because she's getting better." She said and yawned.

"You're sleepy, aren't you?" He asked her.

"Yes. Aren't you sleepy? It's almost midnight."

"Not really. You should go to sleep. It's late."

"No, I don't want to."

"Yah! You're really stubborn."

"No. Tomorrow is Saturday and there's no school!"

"So, what's your plan for tomorrow?"

"I don't really have any plans probably just staying home."

"I don't have anything to do too. Let's watch a movie tomorrow at the cinema." He suggested.

"Sounds good. Why not?" She was happy when he asked her to watch a movie together. She was happy because she could spend more time with him.

"We'll meet at the mall tomorrow. Should I pick up you at your house tomorrow?"

"No. I'll ask my mother to drive me there."

"Then, let's sleep now so, we don't wake up late tomorrow." He said to her.

 

Eun Mi sat at the bench in front of the cinema booth. She was ten minutes early. She was excited to watch movie with Chunji. She waited patiently for him.

Eun Mi began to think that Chunji would not come. She didn’t know that Chunji was walking slowly behind her. She was staring at the ground. Chunji knew that Eun Mi didn't noticed him so, he took the chance to cover her eyes. She flinched a little because she was shocked.

"No! Don’t tell me I’m getting kidnapped right now?!" She started to panic while Chunji tried not to laugh and made any noise.

"Please, don't hurt me!" She said. She tried to remove the hands that covering her eyes.

"Guess who?" Chunji said in a deep voice. She instantly knew who it was.

"Chunji, I know it’s you!" She smirked. He released his hand and took a seat beside her.

"Correct. Yeah, it's me!" He said to her and chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter