How Have You Been

Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho POV

Ever since that day, Changmin has been staying over during weekends and showing me a few more pieces of memories through the photo album that he kept over the years. Those pictures were full of our time spent together, especially during our vacation trip to the beach over the summer vacation. Pieces by pieces, crumbles by crumbles, memories started to overflow in my brain, mostly about our time spent together with 5 of us, but not much on the 2 of us. I have yet to ask Changmin, what’s the connection between Kim YunJae and Jung Jaejoong, and why they have a similar face, as if they are identical twins? But the memories during my first time meeting up with mini Jaejoong have appeared and I started to remember him, before he was brought into our home once again because both of his parents passed away due to the accident.

(A/N: Flashback on few memories in different time)

~During the first meeting with Jaejoong~

“Yunho-ah, quickly dressed up. Mom’s friends will be arriving shortly, and they will bring their son too. Promise eomma that you will behave like a good kid today, alright?” said my mom while she dressed me up with the appropriate shirt and pants. I just nodded my head, while giving her a wide smile and showed my baby teeth. “Eomma, can Yunho hold his mom’s hand, while waiting for chin… chingu?” My mom laughed softly and held my small fingers, before she could speak, our doorbell ring, “Ah! They have arrived. Let’s go, Yunho-ah~” I nodded my head and walked towards our main door with excitement. And that was the very first time I saw him, big eyes, pale skin as if a princess came out from a fairytale. The little me during that time thought Jae was a pretty kid, instead of handsome. Jae was pretty shy and timid as a kid, and made me want to protect him from any danger. My mom told me that Jae was older by 1 month than me, technically, he was supposed to be older than me, but with his small build, me as a 5 years old kid, has a bigger build than him, and felt like I was older. But, we were inseparable since then, Jae opened up to me, and we always held our hand together, whenever our parents meet up. I remembered vaguely that I, somehow, proposed to him during our play time and said that I will marry him in the future and both of us cry, when our parents said we couldn’t do that, as both of us are male.

~During the separation, due to Jae need to move to Japan~

The day when his family came to my home and told my parents that the move was confirmed and they need to fly to Japan within 1 month. As 10 years old kids, both of us found it hard to separate. Jae was crying when he told me that in my room, I held back my tears, as I did not want Jae to cry more. I hugged him and patted his back to calm him down and promised him that even if he moved to anywhere, I will stay in contact with him, by sending letters to his new address and once we have our own phone, we will contact each other by text messaging. Another promise that we made was to always be best friends to each other, no matter what happened. But when the move really happened, both of our parents decided to not meet each other at the airport, as they knew that both of us would not be able to say goodbye. I cried silently in my room, while holding onto the paper that contained their new address in Japan. But months after months, I sent the letters to the address, I received no response from him at all. At first, I thought it was because he might be busy adjusting to school and also life in Japan, knowing that he was shy and timid. But months turned into years, and me, as I reached 15 years old, I thought Jae no longer remembered about me and I too, decided to not think about him anymore.

~The First Meeting when he was 18 years old~

My parents requested me to go back home earlier today, as they told me that they need to tell me about something really important. Judging from their tone, it was as if there were no argument that can be done, other than accepting it as it was. When I reached back home, I was surprised that I saw the pale guy that was sitting on the bench in my home garden. Even after years, I still can remember who he was immediately, but as I remembered that he never once responded back to me, I was still upset on that particular point and decided to ignore him and went into my home immediately. My parents told me that they were adopting Jae as my brother, I was so upset that they did not tell me beforehand, I was rejecting that idea immediately, but then the next thing they told me made me silent, “Jae’s parents were dead because of a car accident.” I was still upset, but shocked upon hearing it. I wanted to run towards Jae and immediately just hugged him tight and told him everything will be fine. But my ego and pride did not let me do that. I just went back to my room and locked it, while I heard that my parents were talking with Jae. In front of my parents, I acted as if my relationship with Jae was fine, but at school or as long as my parents were not around, I treated him like an outsider, as if I did not remember who he was. Jae was still being that timid, shy person that I knew before, but this time was worse, and even if I pretended that I did not know him at school, I always looked at him secretly, but I can see that his eyes were always sad and as if he was in pain, when I was with my girlfriend. There were bullies that started to and annoyed him, but I tried to help him out secretly, like by telling the bullies, who were in my gang and asked them to either go to the club activity or somewhere else. But one day, those 2 people stepped forward and protected Jae, who was Junsu and Yoochun. I was glad that Jae was being protected by them, but things were also changing between my relationship and his, after my breakup with that girlfriend that I had, and ever since, the day that he got sick on the Christmas day, I took care of him like how I did when I was a kid. And I was glad that I did that, cause I can finally see Jae smiles again.

~First Official Day~

That day, during our graduation ceremony, girls were trying to get my first button on my uniform, but I told them to hands off, as I will only give it to my special person. And they can only get a picture with me. But when I said that, I saw Jae's expression was hurt and tears formed on his eyes, and I knew that he might be misunderstanding what was happening. I quickly pushed the girls sideways and rushed towards him. Changmin who knew that where I was going, quickly distracted the girls attention to him and it succeeded as usual. I will thank him later, but Jae was my top priority right now. By the time I managed to catch up with him, we were at the rooftop, and I turned him around to face me, but looking at him shaking, I knew that he cried. I pulled him into my embrace and lifted his chin up to look at me, and I kissed his forehead. “Why were you crying?” He sniffed, but he stared at my eyes, “Because you… you said... “ he sighed and decided to hide his face on my neck, “Nevermind.” I tried not to laugh and put on a serious face and whispered in his ear, “Give me your hand and I’ll give you something.” He still hid his face on my neck but put his hand out, and then I placed my first button onto his hand, “Your graduation ceremony gift.” When he squeezed his hand, he immediately pulled himself away from me and looked back and forth from the button to me, “Yes, that’s for you. Now you know who is my special person?” He was stunned for a few seconds before his whole face was flushed due to the sudden realization. “Now… Jae, no… BooJae, will you give me your first button as well?” He nodded shyly before torned off the first button and placed it on my hand. “That’s it?” I raised my eyebrow and stared at him. He looked confused as he did not know what I mean, hence, I pulled him back to my embrace and placed my lips real close towards his lips, “I like… no, I love you, BooJae. I’m sorry that it took so long for me to finally say this to you. If you don’t feel the same way with me, push me away now, otherwise, I don’t know what I will do to you.” Jae was trying to digest the whole confession that I just told him, but instead of pushing me away, he crashed his lips to mine and quickly pulled away, “I… I love you too, Yunho-ah, since we were a kid unt.. Until now…” He bit his lower lips as he felt nervous after he replied back to my feeling. “Then, from today onwards, this is our day one as an official couple.” He nodded his head immediately, and out of excitement, I immediately picked him up and right before I could kiss him, the rooftop door opened and 3 people fell down to the floor. “Yah! I told you not to push!” scold Yoochun towards Changmin and Junsu. “But we can’t see anything because of…” Jae was hiding his flushed face on my neck, as I cleared my throat to get their attention. 3 of the meerkats immediately looked in our direction and quickly stood up and bowed 90 degrees to apologize for the interruption. But afterwards, they congratulate us for being together like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter