Journal - Part 2

Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho POV

It’s been a week that I have not touched the journal again. I called my mom to ask about Jaejoong, who was known as my adoptive brother. She told me that she will be coming over to my apartment today, to explain who he was and where he was, but she also told me not to speak to anyone else about this, especially my dad. While I was still deep in my thoughts, the doorbell rang, and I know that was my mom, so I immediately opened the door for her and led her to the living room area. I made a cup of tea and placed it on the table in front of her, “Eomma, I feel like I’m going to go crazy anytime soon. Why has no one ever told me about my adoptive brother? Who is JaeJoong?” I could see that she was squeezing her own hands, but the look of her eyes that she gave me was so sad. “Jaejoong… Your adoptive brother… the child of my best friend… How did you know about him? Who told you about him, Yunho-ah?” I grabbed the picture and placed it in front of her, “I have a journal that I found from the storage room. Eomma, I beg you, please no more lies towards my own memories.” I saw my mom with tears formed on her eyes, but she closed her eyes and leaned her back on the chair.

(A/N: Conversation mode)

Eomma: He was indeed your adoptive brother, that we brought in when you were 18 years old. You hate the thought of having a brother who was the same age with you. You told both of us that you would not accept him or acknowledge him at all, but we knew you just needed some time to accept him back.

Yunho: …

Eomma: In order to make both of you close to each other, we placed him into the same school with you, and also same classes. Jaejoong, he was happy to see you again, but eomma can feel that he was indeed sad that you were not remembered about him at all. But then, eomma was guessing that everything changed after a few months, cause we’ve seen both of you act so close again with each other, so we did not really worry about anything.

Yunho stayed silent, as he wanted to hear more explanation from his mom.

Eomma: Then, one day, we need to go to our branch in Japan to take care of the business activity and instead of one month, we need to stay there for another two to three months. But you called us on Christmas time, we heard your voice was panicking over Jaejoong having a fever. As a parent, we would like to immediately rush back home, but you keep saying to us that we don’t need to, as long as both of us give you instruction on how to take care of Jaejoong.

My eomma stopped talking for a little bit, as I could hear that her voice started to quiver, and tried to hold back her tears.

Eomma: As a mom, of course, to see how you took care of him, how you care about him, made me feel better and I could finally face his parents to say that we could finally make both of our kids happy again, like how it was used to be during your childhood time. This picture…

My mom grabbed the picture and looked at me with her sad eyes.

Eomma: I know, both of you not only like each other like a brother. I can see clearly that both of your relationships were more than that, but I kept quiet about it, cause I did not want to intervene in this until both of you came out to me. I… I can’t tell you that I could honestly 100% say that I don’t have any objection for your relationship, but as long as it could make you happy, eomma will always support both of you.

Yunho: I don’t understand. If you say it this way, then where is he now? Why none of you told me about him until today? Why none of you try to make me remember, of the memories that I had about him?

Eomma: It’s … It’s my fault, Yunho-ah. Eomma was not strong enough to protect both of you. Eomma has failed Jaejoong’s eomma too. When we were pregnant together, we made a promise that if both of our kids were the opposite gender, we will marry them if they fall in love with each other in the future. If both of them are female/male, then we will try to make them as best friends, like who were.

Yunho: What do you mean that you were not strong enough to protect me and him…? If what you were saying was the truth, then why… I have never seen him since I woke up from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter