syllabub

Straight Minor

 

 

syl·la·bub
[sil-uh-buhb] noun
1. a beverage made from a mixture of sweetened milk/cream, wine and spices.



 

epfgpzr.gif
 

"Are Hyukkie and Taek not here yet?" N pouted atop of a bar stool. "We've been open for ten minutes already."

"Well really," Hongbin was preparing the drinks for that night. "Taek comes in whenever the hell he wants but Hyuk has never been late before."

"What if something happened to them?!" N cried, grabbing the other by the shoulders. "What if they both got into a car accident?!"

"Taekwoonie-hyung walks to work," Hongbin committed fancy movements in order to prevent the liquor in his hands from spilling. "And Hyuk-ah takes the bus. So that's some weird coincidence if it happens."

The boss let out a strangled grunt. "The top two squishiest butts aren't here! The balance is off! I need to distract myself... RAVI!"

There was a loud thud followed by a groan. The janitor crawled out from under a table, evidently showing signs of head pain. "What?!"

"Make me a sundae!" N whined childishly. "Chocolate on chocolate!"

Ravi begrudgingly obeyed, sauntering to the back of the bar to make the dessert. Hongbin watched him amusedly.

The front door then opened, and N immediately whipped his head to the person who just came in. "TAEKWOONAH!" He jumped, enveloping him in a tight hug. "I WAS GETTING SO WORRIED!"

"Psst! N!" Hongbin whispered loudly. "That's not Taek!"

"Let go of me," Hyuk grunted, unable to breathe under N's death grip. "And stop groping my !"

The tanned man let go of him and panicked. "Then where's my precious Taekkie?!"

"My bus passed by him on the way," the busboy placed his backpack and a sticker-covered textbook on a stool and nodded at Hongbin. "Sorry I'm late; I had to finish a last minute project with my friends at the library."

Ken suddenly popped his head out of the kitchen window. "YOU HAVE FRIENDS?!"

"Okay fine, classmates. Whatever."

Hongbin glanced oddly at their chef. "How long were you standing there?"

Before Ken could answer, N repeated his jump-and-squeeze tactic on the next person who walked into the store. Thankfully, it was the red-headed singer that was attacked. 

"TAEKWOONAH!" He shouted, wrapping his arms around the indifferent Leo's waist. "I WAS GETTING SO WORRIED!"

Leo ignored the sniveling boss attached to his front and sauntered over to the bartender. "Jasmine," he said, and stood there to wait.

"Coming right up!" Hongbin manoeuvred around Ravi for the tea. The janitor was still making the sundae.

"Do I still have to make this?" 

"Yes," N replied blatantly. "I'm on an all-ice cream diet." He let go of Leo and sat down with a spoon.

Hyuk pulled out his uniform from his backpack. "While you guys do that, I'm going to go change." As the kid jogged to the washroom, Hongbin slid their singer his usual cup of tea.

“So why are you late, hyung?” He asked, staring at him suspiciously. “You’re not usually tardy.”

“Yeah, yeah!” N held onto his arm. “What were you up to?”

“Nothing.” Leo carefully picked the cup up and blew the steam away. As he slowly took a sip, he saw something in the corner of his eyes.

The employees were startled when they heard the teacup break. They looked at Leo, who was staring at something in shock. His cup sat at his feet, smashed into pieces and hot tea all over the floor.

"Taek?" N waved a hand in front of his face. "Are you okay?"

"... Pig," was the only thing the singer uttered before he sprinted to the washroom. 

The employees looked at each other blankly. "Was there a pig loose in the store?" Hongbin asked, confused.

"The only pig I've ever seen," Ken started. "Was the bacon on our pizzas."

As Ravi languidly moved to clean up the tea, Hyuk came storming out of the washroom with a Leo following after him.

"Can't I change in peace?" The busboy grumbled, fixing his collar. "He just barged into the stall I was in and said something about a pig!"

"Pig," he said again, pulling on Hyuk's sleeve.

"What's wrong with him?! N-hyung, what'd you do?!"

"I didn't do anything!"

"You mean he's naturally this creepy?!"

"Pig."

"Make it stop!"

"Okay hold up," Hongbin, the ever rational one, spoke. "Taek-hyung, what do you mean by 'pig'?"

"I want it." 

"Want what?"

"The pig."

"I DON'T HAVE A PIG!" Hyuk nearly tore his locks out. "I never have, and I never will!" He grabbed his things and stomped off to table one. 

Leo pouted there for a while, before turning on his heel and somberly made his way to the stage.

N frowned exaggeratedly. "I don't get it."

"You don't get anything." 

The boss glared at Ravi, who was putting away the broken teacup. "I mean... I still don't get what he means by a pig. It's related to Hyukkie somehow..."

"Maybe he wants his intestines?" Ken suggested. 

"Uh, no." Hongbin denied flatly. "I'm pretty sure it's far from that. We just have to find out what it is."

So the group dispersed, in order to figure out the pig mystery and to actually do something productive since they were already open.

N intently watched the singer (not that he already wasn't) as the shift passed by. And it was evident to him, and everyone else, that something was really bothering Leo. He wasn't singing as well as he usually would. Sometimes he would forget entire lines, and resort to humming.

As Leo got agitated, so did N. He couldn't stand seeing his beloved like this.

The boss then decided to turn to the busboy. He approached Hyuk as the younger was clearing away tables.

"Do you really know nothing of a pig?"

"I don't," Hyuk replied, annoyed. "I just know they're pink and fat."

"Like sausages?"

"Same thing."

N shook his head. "No, something's bothering Taek. Are you sure you don't have anything pig-related on you?"

"Nope. Maybe you hugged him too hard," he heaved a stack of plates to be carried to the kitchen. "I should know; my waist is still sore." He went off, leaving N to pout by himself.

Hyuk waddled backwards into the kitchen and placed the dishes in the sink. He glanced over at their chef, who was diligently chopping potatoes. "Hey Ken-hyung, can you help me with something?"

The blond looked up curiously. "Sure, kid. What do you need?"

"Well, you know how I was doing a project with my classmates? We were doing a project for—" Hyuk suddenly paused as he remembered something. "... THAT'S IT!" Ken stared blankly as he bolted out of room. 

"N-hyung! Get him over here!" Hyuk ran over to table one and grabbed his sticker-covered textbook. Within a few seconds, N had brought the distraught Leo over to him.

"Pig?" The singer uttered in hope. 

"Yeah, yeah, be more specific next time." Hyuk pulled a tiny, sparkling pink pig sticker off of his textbook and slapped it onto Leo's shirt. "Happy now?"

Leo looked down at the sticker and seemed to blush. He then turned around and strode back onto the stage.

Needless to say, he never sang so well in his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


aww, you guys actually gave me legit feedback! I'm happy >3< 
y'all are going to kill me but
I read some hyuken fics (there are like five on this site)
and I think I ship them now /shot
speaking of which isn't our Hyukkie in Brazil right now omg how is he going to survive without ken