nightcap

Straight Minor

 

night·cap
[nahyt-kap] noun
1. a wine or liquor taken before bedtime.




epfgpzr.gif

"Ravi, why don't you come with us?"

Both Hongbin and Ravi stared after the chef's somewhat-bold statement. "You can leave your car here for tonight and pick it up tomorrow."

Then the janitor caught his drift and looked back at the unknowing burnet. "Do you mind?" He asked hopefully, and nearly died when Hongbin smiled at him.

"Sure, why not? My house is pretty lonely these days." The bartender reached down for the cabinet holding his coat. "Let's go!"

"Hey, did Leo-hyung and the boss go home already?" Ken questioned when they reached his car in the parking lot. It was certainly dark outside, leaving the three to squint with the brightness of car's headlights.

Hongbin watched his breath disappear in the cold before answering. "Leo-hyung walked home an hour ago. I'm guessing N followed him."

Ravi scoffed. "Typical." He opened the door and got into the back passenger seat. Just as Hongbin was about to sit in shotgun, Ken threw a wet leaf at him.

"Ow!" The brunet peeled it off his glasses. "What was that for?"

"Sit in the back," the chef searched desperately for an excuse. "The front seat is contaminated with uh... Uh... Wetleafingitis!"

Hongbin stared at him incredulously before obliging and getting into the spot next to Ravi. Ken praised himself and sat in the driver's seat. As they drove off, a light in the pub.

The ride to Hongbin's house was fairly quiet. Ken was focused on driving, Hongbin was busy texting someone, and Ravi was too busy being nervous sitting next to said brunet.

However, the ride was also short and so was their silence.

As Ken parked in the driveway, Hongbin spoke up. "Um. Can you guys wait like, five minutes before coming in? The house is honestly a mess and I'm starting to feel self-conscious about the size of my wine collection."

"I can help," Ravi offered immediately. "I am a janitor."

"No!" The brunet shot even quicker. "I mean... Um, just wait." He got out and swiftly shut the door.

The two watched as he scampered into the small townhouse before Ravi chopped Ken on the head.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" He roared, threatening to chop more.

"Wait, wait!" The blond whined, protecting his head with his arms. "What'd I do?!"

"I SHOULDN'T HAVE COME!" Ravi flailed wildly in the back, causing the car to shake. "WHAT IF I SCREW UP AND MAKE HIM HATE ME?!"

"THEN DON'T SCREW UP!" Ken shouted, annoyed at his inability to woo. "AND HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?!" 

"Argh! Why is he so dense?!" Ravi let out a tired sigh. "That's one of the many reasons I like him for, but..." The other fought the urge to gag. "This is ridiculous. How can he not know I like him?!"

"Because you haven't told him?" Ken turned in his seat to flick him in the leg. "You should tell him instead of staring from the closet every day. Come out of the closet! They're my thing!"

"I would if Hongbin would just come in," Ravi muttered angrily. "He's straight, remember?"

Ken sighed and bashed his head against the steering wheel. Playing cupid was hard.

Five and a half minutes later, the two of them waddled into Hongbin's house. 

"Just give me a sec guys," the brunet hurried past them with a box full of cork. He shoved it in a nearby cabinet and faced his guests. "Welcome to my humble home!"

"... Well, it certainly is humble," murmured Ken. 

The place was immensely empty aside for very few furnishings. Open boxes lay everywhere, gathering dust. In the living room was a TV on the floor and nothing else. The kitchen was probably the most occupied, as wine bottles sat everywhere on the counter, sink and stove. 

Other than that, the house was so bare that their voices echoed. 

"Didn't you move in several months ago?" Ravi asked, walking into the kitchen to check out the fridge: bentos, frozen dinners, and more wine. "You didn't unpack everything yet?"

"I don't really have the time to, with a night job and all," Hongbin replied indifferently while sipping from a cup of wine like it was juice. "Besides, if I ever needed anything from the boxes, I'll take it out then."

"EW!" A blond chef shrieked from another part of the abode. "IS THAT MOLD?!"

"I'm a grown man living on his own," the brunet shouted back. "What'd you expect, you germaphobe?!"

"I'm not sure if this is healthy," Ravi started, looking at the other in concern. "You live in mold and your diet consists of instant food and alcohol."

Hongbin shrugged and continued to drink.

"I know it's impossible for you to get drunk but," the janitor grabbed the cup from him. "This is ridiculous."

The brunet pouted and tried to reach for it. "Give it back."

Ravi shook his head. "This is for your own good." As he stepped back, Hongbin went forward. Ravi eventually hit his back against the fridge, leaving nowhere for him to run.

Hongbin closed in on him, his face just inches away from the other's.

Ravi swallowed nervously; the love of his life was staring intently into his eyes, as if he were trying to read them. Hongbin reeked of alcohol, and the scent was making him dizzy and hazy.

"THE MOLD WAS LOOKING AT ME!" Ken screeched as he walked in, not noticing the position they were compromising. "IT HAD EYES AND—Oh." He immediately fled when he saw them, silently giggling to himself.

Ravi willed himself not to look at the beautiful face in front of him. But he lost the will and examined every detail gracing Hongbin's visage. The perfectly angled eyebrows, the cute nose, the mole on his neck, those mesmerizing chocolate eyes, and the lips; Ravi would die to touch those lips. 

The janitor felt so faint from gawking at him for so long, that he shut his eyes to avoid from staring anymore. But somewhere deep inside, he wished that Hongbin would kiss him in his bout of weakness.

And in his bout of weakness, Hongbin yanked the cup from his hand. "Mine," he whispered softly, a grin gracing his gorgeous lips.

"Can I ask you a question?" The janitor said as he watched him down the red liquid in one gulp.

"You just did, but sure."

"... Uh," Ravi looked away. "Are you single?"

"Taken," Hongbin threw out the word carelessly. He leaned on the counter groping a bottle of red, unaware of the other man's stiffness. "By a lovely lady named Petrus."

Ravi's heart broke into a million pieces. 

Before he could utter a sound of disapproval and disappointment, there was yelling down by the front door. 

"THE MASTER HAS ARRIVED!" N's unabashed voice resounded throughout the whole house.

Hongbin looked up excitedly. "Oh, they're here!" He quickly put away his favorite wines from danger and went to greet him.

N and Leo were standing there, the latter showing clear signs of being dragged. The singer was carrying someone on his shoulder, and although Hongbin could only see their , he assumed it was Hyuk.

"Can you guys let me down now?" The student asked, shivering in his pajamas.

Hongbin glanced between the three of them. "Did you kidnap Hyuk from his house?"

"Let's get this party started!" N ignored him and fabulously invaded the abode. He walked up to the closet and pulled it open. "Let's get some food out, Ken!"

The chef flinched when light shone in his face. "How'd you know I was in here?" He was wearing one of Hongbin's jackets.

"Where's Ravi? I swear if that bastard's hiding from me again, I'll—" N spotted the janitor standing dazedly in the kitchen. "RAVI! MAKE ME A SUNDAE!" When he didn't respond, the boss went up to him in confusion. "Ravi? You in there?" He waved his hand worriedly.

"... Huh? Yeah, today is Sunday..." Ravi wandered off, his mind lost somewhere else. N decided to put aside his worry for a moment and returned to Hongbin.

"I have come at the request of your text, Hongbinnie!" N smiled triumphantly. "Is it operation sleepover?"

"Oh, so you're one who told them to BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, SCARE MY MOM, AND KIDNAP ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!" Hyuk roared, flailing helplessly on Leo's shoulder.

"Uh no, they did that themselves," Hongbin shot back. "You should put him down now, hyung. And yes, N. Operation sleepover."

While Leo gently put the whining kid down, N let out some sort of awkward battle cry and went to look for sleeping apparatus. 

Ken giggled from the closet. "You still live with your mom?"

"Why are you wearing my jacket?"

"Of course I still live with my mom," Hyuk retorted, pulling up his flannel pants. "Speaking of which, can I use your phone before she calls the police?"

The bartender tossed him his cell. "Hyung, are you going to stay or are you too cool to be here?"

Leo chose the obvious answer: He his heel and began to walk toward the exit. 

"I'm not sure if N would be happy with you leaving," Hongbin stifled a chortle when the singer flinched. Leo froze there, evidently torn between staying and going.

The boss then returned from upstairs, holding in his arms piles of blankets. "Taekwoonie! Let's make a fort!" He happily grabbed the reluctant redhead and dragged him to the living room.

Hyuk stared at them oddly as they went. "Uh, are those two a thing?"

At the same time, Ken and Hongbin answered 'yes' and 'no' respectively.

"Uh, okay. I guess I'm staying here then? Since I don't know where I am and I'm assuming none of you are going to drive me home."

"You assume right!" Ken finally came out of the closet (literally, not figuratively) and led Hyuk to the kitchen. "C'mon busboy, we've got food to serve."

When everyone left the front hall, Hongbin smiled to himself. Shouts and noise filled the expanses; his house has never been so loud.

And he was never happier.

They decided to go with an impromptu ramyun and Hangover marathon. Before their movie was over, half of them fell asleep on the floor. Hyuk and Ken slept peacefully next to each other like tired kids, while Leo was coolly leaning against the wall when he nodded off.

Half-asleep N yawned loudly. "... Where's my pillow...? Oh, there he is." He grabbed Ravi and laid his head on his stomach.

"I'm not a pillow," the janitor complained, wiping his own tired eyes. N ignored him and sleepily took a photo of Leo napping in the corner. 

Hongbin chuckled while cleaning up leftover noodle cups. "I'm going to go sleep upstairs."

"You're not going to sleep with us?" Ravi asked with a pout.

"I have a bed, and I'm going to use it. Good night N," he switched off the lights. "Good night Wonshik."

"Good night."

"Night."

When the footsteps went up the stairs and away, N startled Ravi with a sudden laugh. "You are so in love with him," he grabbed a blanket and got comfortable on the other's stomach. "You guys make a good couple... Both stupid in their own, cute way. Not you though, you're not cute."

"Shut up," the janitor sighed, letting himself fall asleep. "He has a girlfriend."

N opened his eyes for a second. "No he doesn't."

"Yes, he does. Her name is Petrus-ssi."

After a silent moment, the boss laughed again. "... Like I said, both stupid," N let out a last giggle. "... Petrus is a type of wine, dip..."

 

 

 


I'm thinking about changing the updates to twice a week instead of once because I'm writing chapter like 34246546 now and we're only on ch 4 here and it's driving me nuts
I'm pretty sure you guys totally wouldn't mind ;D
PS Rabean is probably one of my top ships if you haven't already noticed

Expect more of them later on heuheuheu
PSS APPARENTLY RUMORS ARE GOING AROUND SAYING THAT VIXX IS COMING BACK IN MARCH
BUT HAKYEON'S DRAMA

tumblr_mt6eykah281sqvm67o2_500.gif