sober

Straight Minor
 

 

so·ber
[soh-ber
adjective
1. not intoxicated or drunk.
2. quiet or sedate in behavior, as people.




epfgpzr.gif

A piece of granola was thrown into the sleeping Hyuk's mouth, causing the boy to choke and wake himself up.

"What the—" His surroundings were loud, almost as if there was this constant humming noise surrounded by the sound of chatter and crinkling cellophane. It took him a moment to realize that he was lying down, head in someone's lap.

Ken noticed that his eyes were open and waved. "Hey, the kid's awake." The older man was sitting across from him on a plush bench, and on either side of Ken were N and Ravi. 

"Told you it'd work." The boss laughed haughtily. In his hand was a half-eaten bar of chocolate and granola.

"It's about time," this time Hongbin's voice came from somewhere. "My legs are getting numb."

Hyuk suddenly sat up, dazed, bewildered, and confused. "... Wait..."

A piece of tissue made its way to the corner of his lips. "... Good morning." Leo murmured softly as he was dabbing drool away from Hyuk's face. The kid eventually registered that he had been sleeping on both Leo and Hongbin, the latter on whom his legs were draped on.

"Come on hyung," Ravi made a face of disgust. "He's not a kid."

"We're talking about someone who can't wake up at 4 in the morning and sleep talks about ponies," retorted N. "I don't know about you, but to me he'll always be our baby boy—"

"Wait," Hyuk said again, frantically observing his environment before coming to a conclusion. "Why the am I in a train?!" 

He had absolutely no memory of ever getting onto a train with five lunatics, nor was he ever going to as long as he was sane.

But here he was, wedged in between a deceiving brunet and a soft-spoken redhead in a much too small train cabin, so much that his knees frequently bumped into those of Ken's. 

Hyuk had the fleeting hope that perhaps they weren't yet too far from Seoul and that he could just hurl himself out the window and hitchhike the way back home. But as he took a look out said window, he saw that the countryside was whizzing by them and several city scrapers could be seen in the distance, too far for him to reach.

The waiter released a strained cry of agony when he realized it was too late.

"That's why I said we should have notified him beforehand," Ken scolded with a disapproving face. "I mean, before we broke into his house and kidnapped him at the crack of dawn."

"WHAT?!"

N let out a scoff. "Yeah, but where's the fun in that?"

"WAIT— YOU GUYS— I—" Hyuk stammered, thoroughly shocked as how he got here. He fell asleep last night in the safe confines of his bed and the next thing he knew, he was being shipped to Changwon. "YOU GUYS CAN'T JUST TAKE ME TO THE OTHER SIDE OF KOREA!!!" 

His boss merely shrugged. "Why not?"

"I'm not prepared! I wasn't able to bring any of my stuff with me! What about school?! What about my mom?! What about Sanghyuk?!"

"But you are Sanghyuk—"

"I MEAN MY CAT!!!" 

Hongbin reached over and started to pat his head, in an attempt to calm the youngest down. "We had your mom pack clothes and necessities for you, and Ken had the decency to take your PSP with him. She knows you'll be gone for a week for the March break, you know the thing where you take seven days off school, and she is totally fine with it.  She'll be taking care of Sanghyuk for you too. Don't worry about a thing, little one." 

Exasperated, Hyuk was rendered speechless at how they could possibly organize and conveniently hold a vacation without his consent. Eventually his anger faded and he sat there, listening to the continuous humming of the train speeding across the country. "... Why are we going to Changwon again?"

"Employee bonding time!" N chimed happily, making a heart with his fingers. "I thought it'd be nice for the six of us to get out of town for a little while."

"Because out of town totally means other side of Korea," Ravi grunted. "I didn't sign up to sit through four hours next to you things."

"No, but you get to spend the next four hours starin' at Hongbin, so shut up." 

"Why Changwon specifically?" Hyuk asked, already getting too comfortable and snatching some of Ken's corn flakes.

"N's par—" Hongbin started to explain, but a stuffed pig was violently thrown at his face.

"Just because." N interrupted and cut the conversation to ask the stewardess for more granola.

The lot had fallen asleep together by the time four hours had passed and the train had rolled into Changwon station (mixed in with the occasional washroom break and drawing on Ravi's face escapade).

Like a mother hen, N led the sleepy staff along with their luggage to the nearest motel and checked in.

They entered one of the rooms and immediately Ravi knew something was wrong. "Are we all sharing one room?" He stared in horror at the only two beds in the premises.

"Yup!" N plopped onto one of the beds. "For maximum bonding time!"

"Okay, this is beyond gross. I am not sharing one room with you people!"

"I knew this would happen," Hongbin said with a smile. "So I brought my wallet. Come on Wonshik, let's get our own room. Preferably a single."

And immediately the janitor panicked. "W-Wait, I'm not sure if that's a good idea."

"We sleep together at my house all the time, where we're alone. What difference will sleeping in a small, sensual looking room with one bed and a window casting romantic moonlight, make?" The brunet picked up their bags and began to pull him away. Ravi looked at the others with helpless eyes before disappearing out into the corridor. 

“Lovebirds,” N shook his head jokingly. “What are you going to do with them.”

They spent the rest of the day touring the area and getting lost. Hongbin almost fainted when he caught sight of vintage wines in a nearby tourist shop and Leo when he saw a dog on a street poster; Hyuk vaguely wondered how long he was going to last with this weird bunch.

After pigging out on fast food, the employees returned to the motel once night had arrived. The lovebirds went into their own room and proceeded to make strange noises. N proposed that the rest of them assign beds.

"I'm sleeping with Hyukkie!"

Said busboy furrowed an eyebrow. "This is more like assigning sleeping partners rather than beds. I'm fine on the floor," Hyuk picked up a pillow and tossed it on the carpet between the two beds. "And N-hyung, wouldn't you rather sleep next to Leo-hyung?"

"No, just sleep with me!" The boss insisted, replacing his pillow back on their mattress. 

At that moment, Leo got up and walked out of the room.

Hyuk and Ken exchanged odd looks before the former complied and got into bed next to N. The chef decided to sleep on the floor instead, citing that Leo was having back problems lately and carpet would not help him.

"Good night, kids!" N chimed, snuggling into Hyuk's side.

"But I'm legal..."

"And I'm 23," argued a yawning Ken. "I'm legal too..." 

N waited a few minutes, and before long the kids had fallen asleep. He slowly sat up, careful not to disturb his employees. "They must've played a lot today..." He murmured with a grin, and crept out of bed.

Outside of the motel, Leo was leaning casually against the wall, taking in the fresh spring air. He looked up when N stepped out of their room and acknowledged his presence with a nod.

"Not sleeping?" The shorter asked, standing next to him. They both stared off into the distance, nothing but night and city lights for miles. It wasn't like standing outside if 24 Hours though; unlike Seoul, it was quiet, incredibly silent. 

Leo hummed. "Thinking too much."

The corners of N's lips curved into a smile. "... Do you want to go then? I think the building's still open."

"Okay." The other replied softly and took N's hand in his. They began to walk when N stopped.

He turned around and glared. "Hongbin, stop following us."

A head of brown hair poked out from behind a car. "... How'd you know?"

"Go to sleep." With that, he and Leo headed off somewhere.

Hongbin sighed, the curiosity nearly killing him. "What are they up to...?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


nothing's sober, nothing's sober ♪
huheuhuheuheuhue what are they up to??? a love hotel maybe??? hehehe
short chapter today! but with part two on Friday! ^^
I'm about to die because of exams, haha~