aperitif

Straight Minor
 

 

a·pé·ri·tif
[ah-per-i-teefnoun
1. a refreshing drink typically served before a meal to stimulate the appetite.




epfgpzr.gif

“Since its Halloween and everything,” Ken started whilst chewing on a miniature chocolate bar. “Why don’t we watch a horror movie?”

The employees had sorted out their candy piles on the expanse of Leo’s floor and undergone a very dramatic trade session with each other (‘give me your damn Smarties for my Coffee Crisp ’). They were left munching on sweets and alcohol for a while with the exception of N, who lay on Leo’s lap pouting.

Ravi was languidly tossing a green dragon plush into the air. He perked up at the mention of a horror film. “Hey, yeah! That’s a great idea.”

“I’m not too sure about that.” Hongbin murmured as he downed his fourth can of beer.

“It’s okay Hongbin. I’ll protect you.” N made a subtle look of disgust when the janitor spilled mush.

The brunet laughed embarrassedly. “You’re funny, Wonshik. But I was talking about Taekwoon-hyung.”

At the sound of his name, the singer stiffened. “Aw Taek,” N gently patted Leo’s face. “It’s alright; we won’t choose a scary one, okay?”

“That’s not the point of a horror movie,” Hyuk sassed out. He was then hit by a flying pig toy.

Leo let out a sigh. “Do we really have to.”

“Look into N’s s if you get scared,” Hongbin pointed dramatically at the TV. “Netflix! Go!”

“Going!” The janitor the appliance and opened up the app. “So what are we watching?”

“What about ‘the Grudge’?” Ken suggested with a mouth full of granola. “It’s a little old, but not too scary.”

“I already watched that one,” said Hyuk. “Let’s go for the sequel.”

The chef stared at him in shock. “I didn’t think you would watch scary movies!”

“Why?”

“Because you’re a princess!” The busboy then remembered he was still wearing the mortifying tiara on his head and begrudgingly whipped it off.

The group then settled themselves into a comfortable watching position for ‘the Grudge 2’. As N lovingly wrapped his arms around a reluctant Leo, the singer remembered something.

“Wait,” he called before Ravi could hit the play button.

“Do you need to pee before you piss your pants?”

“Do you need to get your pink unicorn blanky?”

“No,” he shot glares at the snickering janitor and chef. He turned back to the tanned woman in his arms and held up a pigtail like it was a bug. “Take your costume off, Hakyeon.”

“What?!” N pouted his cherry-glossed lips. “But don’t I look so pretty?”

“You look repulsive. Go change.”

The boss sighed and obediently went off to elsewhere in the apartment to change. They waited until he returned, actually looking like a man and dressed in a t-shirt and sweats that were much too large for his body, to start the movie.

“Let me guess,” Hongbin grinned knowingly. “Those are Taek-hyung’s clothes, aren’t they?”

“Yep!” N turned out the lights and resumed his cuddling position with Leo on the sofa. “Press play!”

About ten minutes into the film, Hyuk assumed the sequel was pretty much the same as the prequel and got bored. So his eyes trailed away from the TV screen and at the other employees. He found them way more amusing than people screaming.

First there was Ravi and Hongbin. They were both sitting on the floor next to each other. More than often did Hyuk see Ravi attempt to put an arm around the latter. Obviously, that never happened because it would be weird to do so as Hongbin kept laughing his head off when someone in the movie got murdered.

Then there was Ken, who was sitting beside the busboy. The guy was still clad in his Spiderman outfit and sleeping away. Even though it was his idea to watch the movie in the first place, he fell asleep just seconds before the opening sequence. There were chocolate marks and crumbs staining his face, a perfect target for ants to attack, Hyuk mused.

And finally there was the Queen and his .

N had an incredibly wide smile on his face as Leo was cowering in his arms. At every loud noise in the film, the singer would flinch and unconsciously cling on to him harder. The more he got scared, the more N would smile. Although Hyuk did find it ironic that Leo usually looked scarier than the monsters he was scared of.

An hour or so later, Hongbin got up to turn on the lights when the credits started rolling. “I didn’t think a horror flick could make so many fall asleep,” he chuckled while poking a snoring Ravi in the cheek.

“Quick! Someone take a picture of this before he wakes up!” N tossed his phone to Hongbin and posed cutely with a napping Leo.

Hyuk sat up and let out a deep yawn. “Can someone drive me home?”

“I will!” Ken suddenly jumped onto his feet and startled everyone who was conscious. “I don’t think I’m too drunk.”

“You were awake the whole time?!” The busboy clutched his chest and attempted to calm down. That was probably the only scare he got this entire night.

“I woke up point two seconds ago!” He twirled on his toes and performed an exquisite ballerina move. “Still going through my sugar rush!”

“Hey, watch it—” Hyuk watched as the chef twirled and twirled and accidentally bumped into a table. The table held various ceramic figures of pigs, some of which fell onto the floor and broke into a hundred pieces.

Before they could react, Leo’s bloodshot (from crying out of fear) eyes tore open.

“Oh .” Ken gulped as the redhead slowly stood up and slinked over to the mess. Even Hyuk and Hongbin held in their breaths; N was too busy gushing over his pictures.

Leo, with his hair sticking out, stared down at the broken pieces of clay. The other employees felt a dark, murderous aura seep off of his back and shivered. It was just as if he had crawled out of their horror movie himself.

“... Ken.” He muttered, his voice just dripping with murder.

The chef whimpered a bit. “Y-You’re not angry... Are you?”

“... Get out.”

“What?”

“GET. OUT!!!” He roared, threatening to kill him with koala plush. The employees shrieked and screamed until they were kicked out of the apartment with a prominent door slam.

 “... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!” Ken wailed against the wall. “I DIDN’T MEAN TO BREAK ANYTHING!”

“... We get understand that,” Hyuk awkwardly scratched his cheek. “But why were we kicked out too? And isn’t N still in there?”

Hongbin was still attempting to wake the sleeping janitor up. “No use questioning Leo’s favorites. I guess it’s time to go home. Wonshik, wake up already!”

Ravi jerked himself awake. “Wh-Whazzat? Where am I?”

“So you’re driving me home?” Hyuk asked of the wailing chef. “It’s kind of late.”

“Could you drive us home too?” Hongbin pulled Ravi over his shoulder. “I think he’s too drunk to drive.”

“I’m not drunk,” Ravi protested. “I’m... Sleepy...”

“Yeah.” The brunet pressed the button to the elevator. “Stop crying Ken, let’s go home.”

Ken sniveled as they went down the elevator and walked back to the pub, where his car was parked. Hongbin threw the drunken janitor into the back with Hyuk and they drove off.

During the ride, Hongbin asked the kid what he thought of this year’s Halloween.

“Well, to be honest,” Hyuk glanced at the little children running out on the sidewalks with bags full of candy. “It was really stupid. N-hyung in a girl costume really scared me and I got sore feet from walking around so much. We did get a lot of candy, but we left it at Leo-hyung’s house and I’m pretty sure we’ll never get it back. Speaking of Leo-hyung, he is really odd. He’s scared of scary movies, but just now he looked liked the murderer from the movie. And that obsession of his with pink and pigs is just mildly disturbing. Also, I think Ravi-hyung is drooling on me.”

“So...” Hongbin glanced at him. “Did you like it?”

Hyuk chortled. “Sure.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR THE PAST FIVE HOURS AND
I'M SO FUSTRATED BECAUSE I CAN'T GET ANYTHING PAST THE SECOND KEN DAMMIT
yeah, anyway... Hyukkie is our main character but there's been a lack of him in the recent chapters so... 
there's still going to be little of him until very late in the fic haha
so here's a mini hyuk hearteu for you~

tumblr_n0yqweXjkQ1sb2bs0o2_500.gif