top shelf

Straight Minor
 

 

top·shelf
[top-shelf
adjective
1. the most expensive alcohol in the bar.
2. high quality. 

 




epfgpzr.gif

Hyuk made his most epic face of horror when N came up to him with a white tutu in hand.

"Like I've said a million times," the rookie started nervously. "I am not wearing that."

"But you have to!" N pouted with a kicked puppy look, just adding more pressure on the younger. "It's required for the performance. And you'll look so cute in it!"

"That doesn't help!" Hyuk cried, going over to the kitchen window to give Ken an order. N followed suit. "Look, what can I possibly do, within reasonable limits, to not get up on that stage and look like a moron?"

The boss thought for a bit. "Buy me a car?"

"Reasonable limits," Hyuk repeated, his patience wearing out.

The boss thought for a bit more. "Get Taek to propose to me?"

"What don't you understand about ‘reasonable limits?"

"Look, the only way you're going to get out of this is if you can find someone who actually wants to do it. And I highly doubt you will."

Hyuk scanned the bar for any sorry ers. A monotonous redhead entered his vision. "... What if I can get Leo-hyung to do it?"

N snorted. "Taek can barely move his face, what makes you think he can shake that thang?"

"Well, wouldn't you like to see him up there in a tutu? He is our entertainer," this got the older man thinking. "If I can get Leo-hyung to stand on stage and dance to Jingle Bell Rock, I'm off the hook indefinitely and I get a raise."

"Alright, you're on," the two of them shook on it. "Good luck attempting the impossible."

Hyuk scoffed and walked toward the stage. "Hyung!" 

When Leo finished his latest song, he looked up to see who called him and immediately shuffled over to the kid.

Hyuk lifted up the taunting plastic cardboard box. "Tell me what this is supposed to be."

"Cat," the older said again, turning to leave out of embarrassment. Hyuk grabbed his shirt and pulled him back.

"I need a concise, straight-forward answer," the rookie said very seriously. "No vague or indistinct responses. Don't go off track or stutter. I need you to tell me exactly what this is."

Leo thought for a while. "... Bank," he finally breathed, as if he was proud of himself.

Hyuk groaned. "Good god, you're not helping. Okay, why don't you show me what this is?"

Leo nodded obediently and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a coin and fit it gently in the small indent on the box. A second later, the top flap of the box opened and a plastic cat appeared, took the coin in its paw and went back into the box. The redhead repeated the action just for good measure and quietly giggled.

"... It's a cat bank," Hyuk muttered. "... Wow."

"... Do you like it." Leo glanced at him hopefully. 

The kid looked blank. "No." He said, stabbing daggers through Leo's heart. "I hate it."

--

Hongbin walked into the kitchen and frowned. Ken looked up from frying fries and frowned at the other's frowning. "What?"

"I thought you liked One Piece," the brunet started with a pout. "Chopper's your favorite character, right?"

"Don't be so loud!" Ken glanced around to see if anyone was nearby.

"I don't understand." Hongbin folded his arms. "Are you afraid of people learning that you like anime? I mean, Hyuk likes anime and he's not doing a very good job in hiding it. He accidentally wore that headband from Naruto to work once—"

The chef interrupted him wearily. "It's okay for Hyuk to like it because he's still a kid. But I'm older, and it's a little... Childish."

A scoff escaped Hongbin's lips. "You're not that old, Ken. Not as much as the boss anyway. Besides, you are the epitome of childishness. There's no one else that I know of who's more immature than you."

Ken glanced back at his fries. "That's not what I wanted to hear. I want to be mature, you know. I like your gift and everything, but I want to be a guy who someone like Hyuk can look up to. Liking things like anime doesn't cut it. I’m... Ashamed."

"So do you want me to exchange the gift for a or something?"

The older let out a groan. "Why am I even telling you this? You're going to use it against me somehow."

"You bet I will."

"Why are you in here, anyway? Don't you have women to attend to?"

Hongbin blushed a bit. "Uh, yeah. I guess. It's just awkward."

"What is?"

"Wonshik and— uh, never mind." The bartender shuffled back out to the floor. As he stepped behind the bar counter, he kept his eyes down and almost bumped into the fridge. Hongbin didn’t really want to look up. He feared that if he did, he’d make eye contact with a certain custodian and everything would become three times more awkward again.

He didn’t even know why he went through with the kiss. He was gay, but Ravi wasn’t even his type. Ravi, to him, was just Ravi. He was just really close co-worker who happened to know his secrets and weaknesses first. He was just the one who was always there whenever the brunet needed someone.

Hongbin convinced himself that he just didn’t want to be cursed if he didn’t abide by mistletoe laws. He convinced himself that Kim Wonshik was just a friend, and nothing more.

So he looked back up and sure enough, their eyes found each other out of every other person in the bar. Hongbin willed his face to not turn any redder than it already was and signaled for Ravi to come over.

“What’s up?” The older asked, casually leaning on the counter.

Hongbin fidgeted a little. “Well, um... I was just wondering if you were free tomorrow.”

“I’m at your house every single day,” Ravi chuckled. “When am I ever not free?”

“Right,” the bartender took out the envelope Hyuk had given him earlier. “... Do you want to go to the concert with me?”

Ravi almost fainted at the very idea. “U-Um, I’m going to assume that you don’t have a ride, so I don’t really have a choice, do I?”

“Right,” Hongbin said again, unable to help the grin on his face. The awkward was starting to rise up again so he slowly shuffled away. “I’m... I’m going to do... Stuff... Now...”

The janitor let out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding. He looked around the premises and found Hyuk taking orders from a group of ladies. He ran over and jumped the kid happily.

“Yo—“Hyuk almost fell over from the sudden weight on his back. “Dude, what the I’m working—“

“I LOVE YOU!” Ravi declared, smothering him.

The busboy was about to make a face of disgust when he noticed the time. “Oh, shoot! It’s already midnight? Where’s N-hyung—?”

The lights dimmed and all attention was turned to the stage, where their boss was standing. “Hello everyone!” He chimed daintily into the mic, “since it is midnight right now, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and everyone here gets a free drink, courtesy of 24 Hours!” The customers cheered while Hongbin whined something about the budget. “Now, those of you who have been here last year and the year before will know that we have a special performance every year put on by our very own employees. This year, our newest addition to the family will perform in front of you all and—“N was interrupted when Hyuk got on stage and shoved him off. He glared at the younger when he stole his mic. “Where’s your tutu? What are you doing?”

Hyuk ignored him and smirked a bit as he looked out onto the pub. “Everyone, performing his own rendition of Jingle Bell Rock, please welcome our very own Jung Leo-hyung!”

N’s jaw dropped as the kid stepped down. “Are you serious? You actually—“

“Yep,” Hyuk pointed at the singer who shyly stepped out of the washroom, tutu and all. “It wasn’t that hard, really. “

The boss couldn’t believe his eyes. There was the love of his life, standing before him on stage wearing a mothering tutu and dancing. He was so shocked that he almost forgot to pull out his phone and record the whole thing; he never, ever, ever, wanted to forget this moment.

“How the did you get him up there?”  N asked loudly amongst the cheers and hoots from their customers.

Hyuk watched Leo do some shakes before responding. “I said I didn’t like the gift he gave me. He was so sorry that he offered to give me something else, and this is it. I know; I’m terrible.”

“You’re brilliant,” N sighed happily. “We’ve been trying to get him to dance for five years, and you did it in three hours. Did you actually like his gift though?”

“Of course I do. It’s cute.” Hyuk smiled to himself. “But anything goes when my dignity is on the line. Can I have that raise now?”

“Raise? I’ll give you the whole freaking building if you want it.”

After the performance was over, Leo didn't wait to hear the immense applause before he sprinted back into the washroom in record time.

"... That was," N stopped the recording on his phone. "... Amazing."

"I can't think of a better present for Leo than a standing ovation," Ravi mused, unsure of what he had just seen.

"Reminds me," Hyuk spoke while continuously putting coins into his little kitty bank. "Who's Leo-hyung's secret Santa anyway? I don't think anyone gave him anything."

"Isn't it obvious?" The janitor jabbed a thumb towards their boss. "This bastard rigs the draw every year just so he could get Leo-hyung's name."

N grinned cheekily. "And that reminds me! I'll give him his gift now that I have the chance. Put a closed sign in front of the washrooms, would you?" He winked suggestively and then skipped away to the stalls.

"COME ON!" Ravi groaned loudly. "I have to clean that! Ah , they're going to make a huge mess in there."

Hyuk looked curiously towards the restrooms. "What are they doing?"

"I'd rather not taint your mind."

"But I'm legal—"

"Hey, let's start to lock up for tonight. There's a lot of people and very few taxis at this time." Ravi started towards his janitor closet. "Go tell Ken-hyung to clean up."

"Yessir." The busboy strode to the kitchen window and spotted Ken's back just behind the counter. "Hey, hyung—" He held his breath when he saw it again. "... SEE, IT'S CHOPPER!"

Ken flinched violently and slipped on the floor. "What the hell, kid? Why would you do that to a person?!"

Hyuk stepped into the kitchen and helped him up. He noticed the Chopper plush lying nearby on the floor and picked it up too. "Whoa! Isn't this the limited edition one?!"

"... I guess."

"I've always wanted one of these."

Ken nervously bit his lip. "... You can have it."

The younger looked up at him in surprise. "But won't Hongbin be upset?"

"No, I'm too old for these things anyway."

A bright smile appeared on the kid's face. "Thanks, hyung!" As soon as he happily skipped away, Ken let out a sigh and solemnly started to clean up for the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Imagine Leo dancing to the Mean Girls routine.
Some of you got it, this is what Leo gave to Hyukkie! ^^
Although Ken is a jokester, he does have an emotional side to him too ~
I feel like he tries really hard to be a good hyung/dongsaeng, which is admirable >w< 
eww I'm performing Baddest Female and Boy in Luv at school today... Wish me luck! 
if i die you get no hyuken so srsly wish me luck /shot