nip

Straight Minor
 

 

nip
[nip
noun
1. a small drink usually made up of a quarter of a bottle.
2. 
an act of nipping; a pinch or small bite.



epfgpzr.gif

Hyuk narrowed his eyes at Leo, unsure if he had heard correctly the first time. “Pardon?”

“Milk,” the singer repeated himself, patience wearing out by the second. “Milk.”

“Yes, milk; white fluid that comes from a cow’s udder. But I don’t understand,” the kid let out a frustrated sigh. “—I don’t understand why you are standing on my front porch, soaked to the bone, asking for milk in the middle of the day. We have to go to work later, and I’d rather be sleeping right now.”

Leo rolled his eyes and pulled something out of his damp jacket. It had been nothing but wet flurries all morning, drenching everything on the streets: cars, signs, roads, Leo and a cat.

The younger one stared at the animal that was suddenly shoved into his face. “... Uh, yes. That is a cat.”  He crinkled his nose a bit at the wet dog smell, as ironic as it sounded.

Milk,” Leo said with a bit more force, and finally Hyuk understood. He ushered the singer into his house and away from the freezing rain.

“Let me get you a towel hyung, and milk for the little one.” He added before he ran upstairs.

Leo nodded to himself and removed his jacket to squeeze water out of it over the sink. As he did so, the kitten he had picked up off the streets roamed around the kitchen, leaving wet paw prints on the tiles. It was so small, its tiny body just barely covered in soft, gray fur. It was shivering so violently out in the cold, the redhead couldn’t help but rescue it.

“I don’t think cats can drink cow milk though,” Hyuk tossed him a towel and sauntered over to the fridge. “My mom made pasta with goat’s milk yesterday. Is that okay?”

Leo nodded again as he picked up the kitten, drying it as the animal nipped on his fingers. “Where is she.”

“My mom? At work,” Hyuk answered while he poured the milk into a bowl. “Good thing too, she would’ve never let you in here. You looked like a stalker.”

The singer ignored that comment. “Your dad.”

“Uh... He’s gone.” Hyuk glanced up oddly at him when Leo started patting his head out of sympathy. “... Wait, no. I didn’t mean gone as in dead, I meant that he’s abroad.”

“Oh.”

He placed the bowl in front of the cat and watched it slurp up the milk happily. “So, did you name it?”

--

Hongbin opened his washroom door and was about to close it again when he noticed something. “... I didn’t know you had a tattoo.”

Ravi shrieked, attempting to cover his body or at least the bottom half, with a towel. “W-Wait! I just came out of the shower! Let me put clothes on!”

“We’re getting married. It’s not illegal for me to see your .” The brunet replied blatantly while he clambered to hide behind the shower curtain. “But since when did you have a tattoo?”

“... Uh... I think I got it in our first year.” Ravi tried to reach for his clothes on the other side of the room. “Y-You know, when we were young and crazy.”

“Good ol’ college days,” Hongbin picked up a pair of pants and handed them to him. “Can I see it?”

Ravi hesitated, but stepped out of the shower and turned around. Behind his left shoulder blade, there was a small design of the Eiffel tower. Next to it was ‘08/28’ written in tiny numbers.

Goosebumps started to appear on his skin when Hongbin ran fingers over the black ink. “Would you mind telling me about it?” The younger asked; his voice was soft and gentle. “I don’t think this is something you would get on a whim.”

“U-Uh... It’s a little embarrassing, but... Do you remember when we first met?”

Hongbin hummed. “First day of classes. You were walking while sketching something in your book and bumped into me in the hallway. You made me spill my thermos of wine and got me suspended for having alcohol on campus.”

“You shouldn’t have had it in the first place, you little alcoholic.” Ravi teased, causing the other to frown.

 “What does this have to do with your tattoo?”

“When I bumped into you and spilled your drink, you completely blew up at me. You started to rant on and on about exactly how old the wine was, where it came from, and how it was made; stuff like that.” The janitor turned around and shyly held his lover’s hands. “You were so passionate about it, and I...  I fell in love with you. I—god, this is so embarrassing—I decided that then, at that moment, I wanted to take you to Paris with me. Not only were my favorite artists born there, but also where your favorite wines were made.”

“It’s also the city of love.”

The couple burst out laughing, only now realizing just how close they were standing to each other, rubbing foreheads.

“We met on that day, August 28th. On that day, I made a promise to myself that I’d take you to Paris. The ink is just the seal to that promise.”

Touched by his boyfriend’s corniness, Hongbin left a sweet kiss on his lips. “Maybe I should get a tattoo too.”

“NO!” Ravi blurted, startling the other. “No, no, no, don’t. I love your skin the way it is, don’t ruin it!”

“Would you rather have a blank canvas or a finished painting?”

“I can’t paint on a finished painting,” he pouted childishly. “So I would want a blank canvas.”

Hongbin let out a chuckle. “Okay, okay.” Their lips met again, gently melding together. The brunet wrapped his arms around Ravi, bringing himself closer. Slowly, a hand slid down his back, trailing down the older’s skin until it reached his —

Ding dong.

“... .” Ravi cursed, acutely aware of where Hongbin’s hand was right now. “, , , right now?!”

“Should I get it?” Hongbin leaned into him with this very suggestive glint in his eyes. “Or should we continue?”

Ding dong.

“Might as well get it while our are still soft.” Ravi grunted as he sauntered out of the washroom with Hongbin in hand.

They opened the door to have a cat shoved into their faces.

“We need to name this thing!” Hyuk declared, barging into the house. “Quick, think of a name!”

“It already has a name,” Leo tried to protest. “Its name is Han Sanghyuk—“

“I TOLD YOU, WE ARE NOT NAMING IT AFTER ME!”

The bartender started laughing. “To be fair, you are like a kitty—“

“NO! DIFFERENT NAME, NOW!”

“,” retorted Ravi. “Now get out.”

The two of them didn’t listen and strode into the living room while arguing over an animal.

Hongbin and Ravi then turned to narrow eyes at the third person still standing outside.

“... Don’t look at me,” Ken raised his hands in surrender. “I’m just their ride!”

--

"What about Earl Gray?" Hyuk suggested as the cat bit into his arm and was potentially his blood out. "It has gray fur and you like that tea, don't you?" 

Leo frowned as he sat on the floor across from him. "Not a favorite." 

"Then let's name it after your favorite tea."

"English Breakfast."

"... Yeah, okay, no." Hyuk sighed out of frustration. He looked up at the other three who were slowly sauntering into the living room. "Come on guys, help us."

"Can we just go with something really generic?" Hongbin started. "Like fluffy." 

"NO!" Leo and Hyuk shouted at the same time.

Ken raised his hand. "Martini!" 

"What the frick?" Ravi contorted his face out of disgust. "That is the dumbest name in life." 

The singer pulled on Hyuk's pant leg when he got an idea. "Pig."

"Okay, second dumbest." 

"Kids, if you can't decide on anything then maybe we should just leave it at Han Sanghyuk." 

Their waiter glared at Hongbin. "I said no!" 

"Are you just jealous that we're going to call a cat by your real name and not you?"

"YES!" 

"Let's name it Heineken then." 

"I'm throwing this cat out." 

After a series of struggling and whining, Leo managed to save the cat from being thrown out the window. He held it carefully in his arms, affectionately rubbing behind its ears and hearing it purr. "Sanghyuk-ah," the singer called, almost squealing when it mewled in response.

Hyuk grunted. "Good god, he's already calling it that." 

"Hey, where's N-hyung?" Ken glanced at the blushing Leo. "Is he not with you?"

Leo shook his head. "Travel agency." 

At that moment, the employees let out a simultaneous groan.

"... That doesn’t sound good.”

"Is he planning to run away or something?" 

"Kind of like you, perhaps?" Hongbin smirked at their rookie. "Don't you have exams to study for?" 

Hyuk groaned again. "Don't remind me."

"Have you thought about it?" Ken asked with concern. "About what you’re going to do after high school?" 

The kid let out an unstable sigh. "... I've thought about it... You know how I had all those part time jobs?" Everyone's attention was on him now, waiting for what he was going to say. "... Well, out of all those jobs, I only really liked one. I think I want to do that for a living, so..."

He was nervous, partially because he's never asked much of them before. Hyuk was finally able to decide what he wanted to do, and he knew that he couldn't do it alone. 

"...Can you guys help me?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


oh, Leo... 
I ended up not using any of your suggestions for cat names, but I felt bad so I compiled most of them into the chap! ^^
Have you guys noticed? Leo and Hyukkie are almost the same person XD 
btw, 08/28 also happens to be my birthday LOL /shot
ETERNITY IS OUT~~~ do you guys like it??? I'm still waiting for it to grow on me =u=