Chapter 12

Indescribable feelings~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really don't want to stress about giving you a long chapter (I always have because I want to give satisfaction to my readers but..) welp. I don't want to stress myself with the comments either. I'll finish this story, no matter what. Despite the lack of reaction. Thank you to those who gave comments, I really do appreciate it. It made my day and my will to continue this. I'll try not to get discourage.

 

The sound of the doorbell echoed the huge space in the mansion caused her to stumbled out of the bathroom - after so much fixing her clothes and combing her hair to look girly as possible. 

She slided down the stairs, jumping a few steps in haste - glancing around to make sure her home was tidy enough with no suspicious items laying around. On a second thought, what suspicious items, the younger girl mused to herself.

"Coming!" she slowed down her steps and took a deep breath, calming herself down after so much running. She fixed herself once again, straightening her blouse and combed her hair with her fingers - making sure to style it as girly as possible.

The sight of her smiling parents greeted her the moment she opened the huge door. A genuine huge smile appeared on her face as she leaned forward to engulf her mother in a warm embrace. "Mom," she breathed in her mother's scent and let it calm her.

"My daughter," her mother responded fondly, rubbing her daughter's back soothingly. She let her daughter hugged her as much as she wanted, letting herself enjoying such warmth from the younger girl. "How are you, my dear?"

Sooyoung pulled back a little, pouting. "I'm good, mom. I've missed you so much," she went back for another hug, not satisfied on releasing her longing towards her mother.

"Only your mom?" A deep voice called out teasingly with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He chuckled when his eyes met his daughter's beaming eyes. He opened his arms and engulfed her in a warm embrace.

"Dad," Sooyoung's voice was muffled in his embrace, hugging him tightly around the waist. "I've missed you, too." she pulled back to smile at her father. "Let's get in, you guys must be tired." she grabbed the luggage.

Her parents went inside and let their body sunk in the comfort of the luxury couch and watched their daughter smoothly placed the luggage neatly against the wall before approaching them.

"You want a drink?" Sooyoung asked with her back straightened up in a polite manner, eager yet patiently waiting for an order.

"Where's the maid?" Her father raised his brow at his daughter.

Sooyoung deflated a little, "Ah, I gave them some free off." she quickly made an excuse - not wanting her parents to know that she send them away for a while, a long time ago. "I wanted to spend time with you guys without anyone else in the house." she added after a while, gauging her parents' reaction.

"What did you eat today, Sooyoung-ah? Have you eaten yet?" Her mother worriedly asked, the thought of her daughter having no one else served her bothered her to no end.

"I already did. I ate with some friends today." Sooyoung quickly answered.

"Why are you standing over there? Come here," Sooyoung's dad patted the space beside him. "Sit. We have a lot to talk about, Sooyoung-ah."

"Talking about your friends, have you meet with Taeyeon already?" Her mom said. "I heard from her parents that she's back here. I missed her, such beauty, isn't she, dear?"

Sooyoung nodded slowly, "We met up the other day," she answered. Almost everyday, she added in her head. A loyal customer, I must say.

"Ah, we need to have a dinner with her and her parents someday." Her dad quipped in. "I heard she has a girlfriend and is planning to settle down." he chuckled. "With the daughter of their business partner, no less. He must be so happy," he referred to Taeyeon's father, shaking his head fondly.

"Aigoo, our Taeyeon." Her mother chuckled fondly before turning her back towards her daughter. "You didn't have anyone at this moment, right dear?" her mother insisted - a glint of excitement was evident in her eyes.

Sooyoung blinked, shaking her head slowly - unsure to the expression her mother had at that moment.

"Great!" she beamed as if she was expecting such reply from her daughter, "Isn't it, honey?" 

Her father chuckled, nodding his head with a satisfied smile on his face. "It's time for you to follow Taeyeon's footsteps, right, Sooyoung?" he turned to her with a fatherly smile. "You've grown up to be a wonderful young lady." he said fondly.

Her mother caressed her head with a fond smile on her face before blinking her eyes as if she had just realized something. "You've cut your hair?" she frowned, playing with the short strands with her fingers.

"I'm just trying a new style, mom," Sooyoung smiled, patting her mother's hand - coaxing her mother - hoping the old woman to just let go.

"It's too short, Sooyoung-ah." Her mother protested. "You should have grown your hair longer. Men likes long haired woman, dear." she sighed, fixing her short bangs. "You looked like a boy, aigoo." she huffed, shaking her head. 

"My daughter looks beautiful, no matter what. Be it with short hair or long hair. She took after you, honey." he tried to appeased his wife. "I'm sure that young man appreciates my daughter either way."

Sooyoung's heart quickened a little at that, "You must be thirsty," she forced a chuckle. "I'll make you a drink," she quickly stood up and forced another smile. "Excuse me," she ran towards the kitchen under her parents' amused smiles - thinking she was just being shy when in fact she was panicking inside at the thought of her parents matchmaking her with some guy.

Another problem to her plate, if that's the case.

Grabbing two mugs from the cupboard, she made a coffee for each as she had learned at the cafe - focusing on her task in order to ignore the nagging thoughts inside her head, sighing as soon as she had done making the drinks.

She couldn't erase the looks on her parents' faces. She knew it was her turn to follow her best friend's steps, judging by the hints her parents gave her. What is it with them parents trying to matchmaking their children? And it's not even 30 minutes since they had arrived, no less!

She huffed, feeling the dizziness coming but she cool herself down - making her way towards her parents and served them the drinks. She waited with an eager smile on her face, watching them sipped her coffee. 

Her father groaned before letting out a satisfied sigh. "You made this? This is good, Sooyoung-ah! Not too bitter, not too sweet." he sipped more, relaxing against the couch - feeling his body comforted at the warm liquid.

"When did you learn to make this? My daughter has never been into the kitchen before! Aigoo, my daughter." her mother sipped more. "Who let you into the kitchen? We have maids for a reason, my daughter." she nagged, worried. 

Her mother was always like this. She pampered her so much since she was a kid, being the only child in the family. But thankfully, she didn't really enjoy such treatments, trying to be as independent as she can be.

The young one sighed, tiredly but said nothing - not wanting to start another debate with her mother regarding this. No matter how many times she said she wanted her mother to stop treating her like that, her mother won't listen.

Sooyoung's father laughed, "Let her be. It's a good thing."

Well, thank goodness. A smile was about to crept in at her father's back up. Her father always had her back, all the time.

"She would be the perfect wife someday."

Welp, maybe not.


---


Sooyoung would never expect this soon. Her parents wasn't joking at all, they really wasted no more time - fast and true with their decision and somehow, it scared Sooyoung a little. Well, not a little. A lot.

She was thankful that she had this wonderful, intelligent, smart, the most breathtaking - after Jessica, of course - favourite person in the whole wide world named Kim Taeyeon. Her best friend, her ride to die, her everything - platonically.

What she had thought was a simple dinner with her parents that fine evening, happy to spend time with her parents and in as much food as she can had turned into her nightmare.

Taeyeon would have laugh at the look on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter