Chapter 5

Indescribable feelings~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a long time, she finally feel lighter and was able to smile despited her situation right now. Even though she have to work hard to afford her sister for her studies, she finally feel the burden was finally lifted off from her shoulder. 

It wasn't easy, like she had thought before because it was so hurt, but she finally brave up to go through the pain she had felt before to get it over. The pain was unbearable but she somehow make it through because of encouragement from someone she wasn't close before.

Despite the bad treatments, Sooyoung's present physically make her opened up. Sooyoung was annoying and it irked her very much but Sooyoung never give up. Who would have thought Sooyoung's teasing and her annoying behaviour could make Jessica turned like this?

Even though she was able to opened up a bit, she still found herself unable to trust others so easily. She still had her guard on and was very careful. 

However, Sooyoung didn't and won't push Jessica to open up if she, herself, didn't want to or won't able to do it. Sooyoung understand that Jessica needs to take more time to build the trust for others and to be comfortable for others again.

Jessica's change brought many assumption from the workers there. They even teases Sooyoung and Jessica because of their closeness these past days but was very careful enough not to discomfort Jessica.

And Jessica has been warming up to Sooyoung even more. She found Sooyoung is so endearing and always brought her feels many things she haven't ever feel before. And the feelings are so exciting and it always make her feel giddy. 

"Noona?" A familiar voice snapped her out from her trance and broke the smile off from her lips. She looked up and saw Sooyoung, looking at her in concern. 

She cleared . "What?" she continued her work, trying to make herself busy but her heart was beating so fast at the sudden appearance of the young one.

Sooyoung chuckled as she throw the dirty rag away, "Nothing. It just that.. You were spacing out and were smiling alone." she take a seat in front of Jessica, "What were you thinking of, noona? Something funny?" she was resting her chin on her palms, looking so cute while looking up at Jessica.

"Nothing." she stopped after while, hesitated but blurted out anyway. "By the way, can you stop calling me noona?" 

"Huh?" Sooyoung straightened up. "Why?" she titled her head, feeling weird to hear such request from Jessica. "Are you.. pushing me again, noona?" she frowned cutely. She thought they are alright when they've become closer to each other, that Jessica has opened up to her and begin to trust her.

And the unconsciously acts of cuteness make a smile appeared on Jessica's face. "Because it feels weird, suddenly." she thought. "And I don't like it at all." she realized.

"It's not that. Trust me, it's not." Jessica cleared from her thought and gave the younger one a smile to assure her.

"But I'm younger than you though, noona." 

"I never heard you called Taeyeon, noona, though. She's older than you." Jessica replied. "I wanted you do the same to me." she added, nonchalantly.

Sooyoung realized what Jessica meant, another step to through the barrier of Jessica's wall. Calling her noona wasn't a problem, it's already alright but when Jessica asked to drop the honorific indirectly makes her happy though. 

Sooyoung chuckled, "I've known her since we were nine, noona. It's going to be awkward for me and her if I call her noona." she explained. Or unnie. She added in her mind.

Jessica shrugged, "Then you don't have to call her noona by doing the same to me." she looked at Sooyoung, "Easy right? Sometimes you would call my name instead of noona, I've noticed." she pointed out, trying to win the argument.

Sooyoung jutted out her lips, "Really? I didn't notice that before." she inhaled. "Alright, then what should I call you?" she asked.

"Whatever you prefer." Jessica shrugged, trying to act nonchalant as she make herself busy by playing with the cream on the bowl. 

"Hmm, how about Sica-chu?" 

"Why Sica-chu?" Jessica furrowed her brows, looking up at Sooyoung.

"Because when you frown or get angry, you look so cute like a pikachu." Sooyoung teased, smiling widely.

Jessica's face flushed. "No. No Sica-chu." she tried to ducked her head, pretending that she was busy on her task to hide her face, she was aware that she was blushing.

"Why~?! Sica-chu is cuter." Sooyoung whined. 

"It's embarrassing if someone hear it Sooyoung-ah!" 

"Oh, then you don't mind if I call you Sica-chu when there's no one right?" Sooyoung smiled mischievously. 

"No is a no." Jessica frowned at her. 

"Oh man, you're so cute~!" Sooyoung pinched her cheek, "Alright. I will stick with Sica only." she grinned at the shy looks on Jessica's face.

"Whatever." Jessica rolled her eyes. "Who are in charge of cakes and drinks behind the counter?" she asked, trying to change the topic. 

"Minho and Shinyoung noona." Sooyoung answered. "I prefer serving rather than just standing behind the counter." she shrugged.

Jessica's hands stopped its movement, "Why? So you would get the chance to flirt?" she raised an eyebrow. "Tsk, men are all the same." she huffed as she continued mixing the icing.

Sooyoung laughed, "Why? Are you jealous if I say yes?" she teased. "But, Sica-chu, I'm not like the others though." she whined cutely, pouting. 

Jessica scowled at the nickname before her lips twitched into a small smile at the cuteness. "Me? Jealous?" she wiped the smile off her face as she let out a scoff. "You wish." she mumbled. 

Sooyoung chuckled. She was glad that Jessica began to opened up a little bit and talk more. Jessica seems lighter and relieved as she always put a smile on her face everyday. It was a good improvement.

Sooyoung thought about Taeyeon's offer when she received a call from Taeyeon a few minutes ago. She cleared , successfully gaining Jessica's attention when Jessica looked at her while raising an eyebrow.

"You know, I received a call from Taeyeon." she started, grabbing a napkin to play with. "She asked if I want to join her and Fany for a movie tomorrow." she looked up at Jessica. 

"Okay..?" Jessica titled her head confusedly. 

"I kinda don't want to be a third wheel, so uhm, Sica, do you want to join us? Can you please accompany me?" she looked at Jessica hopefully. "I-I mean, if you want to." she added.

Jessica's face burned suddenly at the thought of Sooyoung asking her to a date. She wanted to slap herself, really, for being like this. 

She cleared , "W-well, I'm not sure if I'm free tomorrow. But, well, sure. I mean, it's been a while since I went to a movie. So why not? Uhm, right?" she looked away and tried to make herself busy to hide her sudden embarrassment. 

Sooyoung chuckled at the sudden shyness, "I'll pick you up tomorrow." she grinned and ruffled Jessica's hair softly before she stand up from her seat. "Thank you Sica." she smiled warmly and walked away, leaving the blushing girl alone.

She looked at Sooyoung and a smile appeared on her face, a warm and relief feelings surging into her heart. She hadn't feel this contented for a long time already and was thankful at Sooyoung honestly for her presence. 

She watched Sooyoung played with one of the workers there, teasing a short woman. Her smile turned into a laugh when Shinyoung stepped on Sooyoung's shin, annoyed by her teasing probably, leaving the tall girl hopping in place while holding her feet, groaning in pain. 

Her laugh caught Sooyoung's attention, causing the tall girl looking at her with a smile. Jessica raised a thumbs-up while still giggling, leaving the tall girl to pout at her. She playfully raised her arm and ushered Sooyoung to go to work. 

Sooyoung huffed and folded her arms on her chest, crinkled her nose at Jessica before stomping her feet out playfully.

Jessica shook her head. A smile appeared on her face at the childishness before she continued her work, the smile still hadn't leave her face at all.


~~~


It's a breaktime for Sooyoung, might as well for Jessica but she hadn't see Jessica in the locker room with the other workers.

She sighed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter