EPISODE 9

I GOT MARRIED TO MY OPPA(S)?!!

EPISODE 9

28 FEBRUARY 2014

SK Handball Gymnasium (2NE1 Seoul AON Venue)

 

During the time that Youngbae and Jiyong were on their way back to their dorm, Xin was in the van with Chaerin. Upon seeing that Chaerin had picked up her phone to message someone, he assumed it was probably Youngbae since she wasn’t going to talk to Jiyong and messaging Jonghyun would have put a smile on her face, he thought it was safe to finally talk to her.

 

“Chaerin ah, are you ok?”

 

“I’m ok. I’m just not up to dealing with Jiyong oppa at the moment. I just told Bae oppa to stop him from coming to the concert tomorrow. Why is he behaving like a madman? I have never seen him like that before.”

 

“Because he never had to deal with you with another man. He’s probably just afraid of losing you.”

 

“We are in the same company, he’s my oppa and my colleague, that’s about it. At some point in time, I will have a boyfriend, I will get married. He won’t lose me as a younger sibling or colleague, unless I choose to quit and stay at home after I get married. But other than that, his behaviour is over the top.”

 

“What if he doesn’t want to be just your oppa or colleague?”

 

“Why is everyone suddenly asking me that question? I do not want to get involved with anyone that I work closely with, except maybe Jonghyun oppa.”

 

“You won’t even give Jiyong a chance if he tries?”

 

“Seungho oppa, you have been his friend longer than I have been. Do you think that he’s really serious about being a relationship with me? Right now, he’s just being insecure, like a child who has just been told that his favorite toy is going to be taken away. Once he’s used to the idea, he’s going to be alright. I would take it more seriously if it were Bae oppa, or even Seungri. Jiyong oppa? I give him a week. Once he sees the 1st episode, he’d be fine.”

 

“Chae, you have Jonghyun who confessed that he’s falling in love with you, do you think that Jiyong is going to be fine after watching the 1st episode? I was there at the filming. If anything, after watching the 1st episode, he’s going to flip.”

 

“I like Jonghyun oppa. I won’t say I’m in love with him just as yet but I like being with him. Jiyong oppa can go flip coins or tables, nothing is going to change that sentiment.”

 

“Not even if he tells you that he’s in love with you?”

 

“What are you going on about? Jiyong oppa? In love with me? Please, don’t try to be funny. Anyway, do me the favor of not mentioning his name for the next 2 days.”

 

Chaerin got out of the nanny van and walked into the concert venue, leaving Xin behind. Xin sent a message to Jiyong.

 

TO: JIYONGIE

Just talked to Chae and man, you have to work so hard just to convince her that you are not joking about wanting to be in a relationship with her. Good luck. And do not show up at the concert tomorrow.

 

FROM: JIYONGIE

Fully aware of that. Youngbae asked her if she considered either of us as a boyfriend, and she pretty much said no without any hesitation. But I really want her.

 

TO: JIYONGIE

Want or love? If it’s just want, get out. If you love her and you are serious about the relationship, then you cannot give up halfway once you start.

 

FROM: JIYONGIE

I want her for me. And if it’s not love, I won’t even think about it. But my confidence has definitely taken a beating from her obvious adoration towards Jonghyun. Just means I have to work doubly hard.

 

TO: JIYONGIE

Good luck~! And FIGHTING!!!

 

FROM: JIYONGIE

Thanks.

 

TO: JIYONGIE

Don’t sound so depressed. Everything will be ok if it’s meant to be.

 

FROM: JIYONGIE

I hope so.

 

Xin shook his head. At the moment, he really didn’t know how much to trust Jiyong and his declaration of love for Chaerin. They are both his friends and he wants the best for the both of them. When he walked into the concert venue, he saw Chaerin talking to Travis and both of them were laughing at something on Chaerin’s phone. As he was passing them, he overheard Travis.

 

“CL, I’ve never quite see you so happy when you are not on stage. If this guy makes you so happy, then you should go for it.”

 

“I know. Yet, at the same time, I’m cautious because I don’t know if this is real. It’s almost surreal how happy I am.”

 

“That’s real happiness because you have never experienced it before. I’m so happy for you!”

 

“Thanks Travis~!”

 

“You’re welcome, sweetie~ Go and prepare for the rehearsal.”

 

“Yup~ I’d see you later then.”

 

Xin stopped beside Travis and watched Chaerin greet the band and all the other concert staff. There was a bounce and liveliness about her that day.

 

“So what’s going to happen to GD?”

 

Xin turned towards Travis with a surprised look on his face.

 

“Don’t look so shocked. Everyone knows that there’s something there between the two of them, except the two of them.”

 

“He’s in shock and wondering how he’s going to convince her that he is really in love with her.”

 

“Took him long enough but it’s going to be tough. Look at her. She’s radiating with so much joy right now because of the new guy.”

 

“He knows it’s going to be difficult. After all, the guy just told Chaerin that he’s falling in love with her in front of GD, Taeyang and me. That took a lot of guts.”

 

“Good. Someone got to show you boys what you should do when you really like a girl. All of you were too secure thinking that she’s going to be there all the time.”

 

“All of us?”

 

“Admit it, it’s not just GD who has stars in his eyes whenever she’s in the room. The way you guys gather around her or gravitate towards her is quite funny and interesting to watch.”

 

“I’m her… I mean their stylist, it’s natural for me to be near her.”

 

“Boy oh boy, listen to yourself. It’s all fine. Just be prepared when her attention is not on you guys anymore. You are feeling safer than GD because you are always around her but you will feel it soon enough.”

 

“I’m happy if she’s happy.”

 

“That’s good, but you would wish that you are the one who puts that smile on her face. Alright, we should stop gossiping like women and get on with work. I have some new details to iron out. Talk to you later~”

 

Xin watched Travis walk away but his mind was on what he said. He was deep in thought when he heard Chaerin’s laughter and his eyes immediately seek her out. She was standing next to Travis and he happened to look in Xin’s direction. When their eyes met, Travis smirked.

 

So this is what Travis meant.
It’s true then.

My eyes will always seek her out.

Is that because my heart is seeking hers too?

You shouldn’t, Yang Seungho…

You know you will be hurt in the end.

 

Xin shook his head at the thoughts that just went on in his head but the next moment when he heard her voice and he looked up instinctively, he knew he won’t be able to escape the inevitable. He would love and he would end up hurt. He shrugged, as if telling himself that was no escape.

 

“Seungho oppa!”

 

He looked over to where her voice was coming from and saw her sitting at the drums set, waving the drum sticks in her hands. He walked over.

 

“Oppa, look! I can play the drums!”

 

Chaerin then went on to demonstrate her newly-acquired drumming skills. Xin would admit that she was quite good at it.

 

“CL, you are really talented! Not many people can pick it up just like that.”

 

The drummer, Red, praised her and she just grinned broadly at him before going back to practice what she had just learnt. After she finished that, she looked up again, with that look of wonder on her face. Xin and Red just grinned broadly along with her. There was nothing they could do to not be pulled in.

 

“She is really a charmer isn’t she?”

 

“That, she is and she used it to her great advantage. But no one could resist it, no matter how many times I told myself not to give in to her when she tries, I still find myself following her lead.”

 

“But she’s a natural leader. You can’t help it because she makes sense all the time. Even when you think her idea is absurd, after you give it a try, you realized she wasn’t making random suggestion.”

 

“She’s got a good head on her. That’s why she was chosen as the leader.”

 

“Thank goodness~”

 

Xin smiled at Red and walked over to Chaerin.

 

“Chae, we have to go get ready for rehearsals already.”

 

“Ok~ Red oppa, thanks for teaching me~ See you later! You have to teach me more!”

 

“Ok! You are a fast learner so no stress on my part.”

 

Chaerin moved to give Red a quick hug before linking her arm with Xin and both of them walked backstage to check the wardrobe and the sequence. Then Chaerin started getting into rehearsal mode. She warmed up her voice, went through her MTBD sequence then just went to a quiet room to meditate.

 

When the call time for the full run came, she went back to the dressing room and started dressing up. Once she was ready, she went on stage. She was joined by her members soon. Once everyone was gathered, Chaerin said a few words of encouragement and they started the full run.

 

At the end of the rehearsal, YG, who arrived when they started their rehearsal, gave them the debrief. After the debrief, he asked to see Chaerin alone. After Chaerin changed, she went to meet him immediately.

 

“Boss, what’s up?”

 

“Chaerin ah, you did well. I’m looking forward to your performance tomorrow.”

 

“Thank you Boss. That can’t be all you want to talk about right?”

 

“No, I actually want to talk to you about Jonghyun and Jiyong.”

 

“I can understand if you want to talk about Jonghyun oppa but what about Jiyong oppa?”

 

“I heard that you banned him from coming to the concert tomorrow?”

 

“Yes, I did. He was behaving abnormally this afternoon when he had lunch with us. Jonghyun oppa is coming to the concert tomorrow and I don’t want him to be around.”

 

“So to you right now, Jonghyun is more important than Jiyong?”

 

“Boss, it’s not about who is more important. Jonghyun oppa is working closely with me right now. Whether they like it or not, I’m going to be very close to him. So far, Jiyong oppa’s behaviour has been really bad and I don’t want to have to run interference so it’s just better if he doesn’t come tomorrow. Did he go complain to you? This oppa, really!”

 

“He didn’t complain to me. He called just now to say that he was going to Dolce Vita with the Big Bang members. When I talked to Youngbae just now, he mentioned you banning him from the concert.”

 

“Good for him then. He needs the rest and to see the other oppas too. Maybe that would take his mind off my business and focus on what he needs to do.”

 

“Chaerin ah, what if Jiyong is behaving this way because he likes you more than just a younger sister or colleague?”

 

“Not you too, Boss… What is wrong with everyone? Jiyong oppa is just being a spoilt brat because I don’t pay attention to him or I’m paying more attention to Jonghyun oppa. Can all of you not read too much into this?”

 

“You are not even considering the possibility?”

 

“I don’t really want to think about it. I have the concerts and WGM to think about now. He should be focusing his energy on his career and his relationships, whoever he’s with right now.”

 

“You sound jealous of the girl, if there’s any.”

 

“I’m not jealous. I’m just worried that he would be too distracted.”

 

“So you won’t even consider a relationship with him if he asked?”

 

“If he ask. Everyone has been asking me today, everyone except him. But I told Jiyong oppa and Bae oppa this morning that I have not considered this question for a long time.”

 

“But you are going to think about it now?”

 

“No.”

 

“Alright then. What about Jonghyun?”

 

“Ah… Speaking of Jonghyun oppa, he mentioned this afternoon that he might go see you soon.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Basically, he confessed openly that he was falling in love with me. So he would go see you to tell you of his intentions since you are my boss and if I go into a relationship with him, the company would have to know how to handle questions, etc.”

 

“And are you seriously considering a relationship with him then?”

 

“I would just say the possibility of me going into a relationship with Jonghyun oppa is higher than Jiyong oppa or Bae oppa. They are fully aware of that. Are you going to oppose to the relationship, if it happens?”

 

“Chaerin ah, I have never stopped you from doing anything you want to do. Even if you were to come to me about dating and being in a relationship when the dating ban was in effect, I won’t have objected to it. I would ask you to be careful, yes, but I won’t have objected to it. Unless that guy is bad for you. I trust your judgement.”

 

“Thank you. Is there anything else?”

 

“Don’t be too hard on your Jiyong oppa.”

 

“Boss, he doesn’t need me as much as all of you think. He’d be fine after a while. See you tomorrow then~”

 

“Rest well.”

 

Chaerin bowed respectfully towards her boss, only to get YG messing up her hair. Chaerin protested and moved away.

 

“Heol! Boss!”

 

YG just laughed.

 

“Let’s go, I’d buy you girls supper.”

 

“YES! Though you should be the last one to suggest food at this hour considering our concert is less than 24 hours away.”

 

“I don’t want you girls to faint from hunger. Let’s go.”

 

With that, Chaerin and YG went to look for the other members and they went off with YG for supper with the band and the rest of the staff. Halfway through the meal, Chaerin’s phone rang. She excused herself when she saw that it was Jonghyun calling. Xin looked at her as she walked to a quiet part of the restaurant to answer the call. YG noticed him looking.

 

“She looks happy with all the attention she’s getting from Jonghyun.”

 

“She is and while they are on the show together, she knows that the affection and attention she’s getting from Jonghyun is real. So she’s just basking in it.”

 

“You think it’s good for her?”

 

“Yes, she’s genuinely happy about this whole experience. Even though there’s going to be ups and downs, this is part of the experience being in a relationship.”

 

“Then all’s good then. At least for Chaerin. The boys aren’t doing that well.”

 

Xin just laughed and shrugged.

 

“Well, I guess it’s something we have to experience too, not having Chaerin’s attention all the time.”

 

“Indeed. You seemed to be taking it quite well.”

 

“No matter what, I would still get to be around her and she would demand my attention. So, I might not feel that loss too acutely.”

 

“Maybe I should arrange something for Jiyong to be busy with so he won’t be a pain.”

 

“Maybe you should.”

 

The two men laughed as Chaerin walked back to the table. She looked at them questioningly but both of them just shook their heads.

 

“Boss, Jonghyun oppa said that he would call your office tomorrow morning.”

 

“Alright. Is he coming to pick you up now?”

 

“No… Why would he do that? He’s filming his drama right now.”

 

“Let’s finish up here then everyone should go back and have a good rest.”

 

Everyone started finishing up their food and got ready to leave. The 2NE1 members all got into their nanny van. Before long, Minzy’s phone beeped.

 

“Erm… Chaerin unnie… Daesung oppa wants me to ask you if you were going to go to bed soon.”

 

“Why would Dae oppa ask me something like that? Tell him we are on our way back to the dorm.”

 

After Minzy typed her reply to Daesung, it was Bom’s turn to receive a message.

 

“Chaerin ah, that strange alien wants to know what time you are going to the concert venue tomorrow.”

 

“Unnie, you know our call time, just tell Tabi oppa.”

 

Another beep. This time it was Dara’s phone.

 

“Chaerin, Seungri wants to know…”

 

“Argh!”

 

Chaerin took out her phone and dialled Youngbae’s number. When he answered the call, Chaerin asked him to put the call on speaker mode.

 

“Dear Big Bang oppas, what time I sleep, what time I go to the concert venue or whatever questions you may have, you could have come straight to me and ask. Or better, you could have called our managers and ask. Now, do you have any other questions? No? Goodnight.”

 

She ended the call and switched off her phone.

 

“What’s wrong, Chaerin? Why are the Big Bang boys behaving this way?”

 

“I suspect they were asked by Jiyong oppa to do it. He knows I’m not talking to him at the moment so he probably got the other oppas to do his dirty work.”

 

“Why are you not talking to him?”

 

“He’s being crazy.”

 

“About?”

 

“About Jonghyun oppa.”

 

“I’ve been wanting to ask you about that. Why is he suddenly in the picture?”

 

“Ok, I’d tell you girls but please don’t tell Boss that I told you. I’m on WGM…”

 

“WHAT?!! YOU ARE ON WGM?!! WHY? HOW? WHEN?”

 

“Bommie unnie! There’s no need to shout. WGM approached Boss with the proposal for me to go on the show and he agreed. So I’m on WGM with Jonghyun oppa. I went to Paris fashion week because he requested for the special event at Chanel showcase. The other reason that Jiyong oppa is going crazy is that Jonghyun oppa pretty much confessed that he was falling in love with me in front of them today.”

 

“WHAT?!!”

 

“Bommie unnie!! Stop shouting! Anyway, I’m telling you but please act normally around Jonghyun oppa when he comes tomorrow…”

 

“WHAT?!!”

 

“Yes, he is, and I do not know if the WGM crew is going to be at the venue, so please act normally.”

 

By this time, they had arrived at their dorm. They walked quickly to their unit because they were really tired but their lethargy was washed away when they saw a silhouette outside their door. They looked at each other as if asking if they were expecting anyone. But as they got nearer, it became obvious who was at the door.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?”