EPISODE 10

I GOT MARRIED TO MY OPPA(S)?!!

EPISODE 10

2NE1 Dorm, 11pm KST

 

When Jonghyun heard Chaerin’s voice, he looked up and threw a gorgeous smile in her direction.

 

“I’m here to deliver this.”

 

Jonghyun took out the huge bouquet of roses from behind him and walked towards Chaerin.

 

“I wanted to be the first one to give you flowers. Good luck for your concert tomorrow!”

 

“Oppa, thank you~ You’d better come inside first. I don’t want anyone to see you standing outside our dorm.”

 

The other girls had already gone into their dorm and Minzy came out of the kitchen with a glass of juice for Jonghyun.

 

“Unnies, Minzy, this is Jonghyun oppa. Oppa, you know the unnies and Minzy right?”

 

“Aigoo~ Chaerin ah, did you forget that he filmed the MV together with us? But Jonghyun-ssi, it’s been a while. Never thought that you would be on WGM with our Chaerinnie~ Please take good care of her. Though you are already doing a really good job of it.”

 

“Oppa, I thought you were filming just now when I talked to you on the phone?”

 

“I was but I ended soon after that so I came over here. I tried calling you but I couldn’t get through.”

 

“I switched off my phone for my own peace of mind.”

 

“Your oppas harassing you again?”

 

“Nevermind, let’s not talk about them.”

 

“Jonghyun ah, did you really come over just to give Chaerin the flowers?”

 

At Bom’s question, a slight blush appeared on Jonghyun’s face. Upon seeing his reaction, Bom laughed.

 

“Aigoooo~ Look at him! He’s blushing!!”

 

“Unnie! Don’t embarrass oppa!”

 

“Aigoooo~ Look at you! Being all protective!”

 

“Actually, I just came to see Chaerin because I missed her. So Chaerin has already told you that she’s on WGM with me right?”

 

“Oh, that’s not all she told us~ She said that you confessed your feelings for her in front of Jiyong, Youngbae and Xin. That’s really brave of you.”

 

“I can’t hide it when it’s real.”

 

At this, the other 3 members went into another round of spazzing and were happily making fun of Chaerin.

 

“Oppa~!!”

 

“Oh look at her!! Using her aegyo!! Jonghyun ah, you’d better be careful. This one is crafty! She makes you think that she’s all charisma then turn around and hit you with her aegyo. There is no defence against that.”

 

“I don’t mind. She is really cute when she does that.”

 

“No, the point is not that she’s cute. But when she does her aegyo, no one, and I mean NO ONE has ever been able to resist it.”

 

“Why would I want to resist it? I love it that she shows that side of her to me. Like you said, she doesn’t do it often.”

 

“Can all of you stop talking about me like I’m not here?”

 

“Ohhhhhh~ Are you angry?”

 

Chaerin glared at Bom who just stuck out her tongue and started laughing. When Chaerin made to chase after her, she quickly escaped to the living room, but not before getting in the last word.

 

“Look~ She’s chasing us away so she can have some alone time with Jonghyun~ Aigoooo~ This girl~ Now she has a hubby, she doesn’t need us anymore~!”

 

“BOMMIE UNNIE!”

 

Jonghyun let out a laugh then walked up to Chaerin and gathered her in a hug.

 

“She’s not wrong though. I really do want some alone time with you.”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Shhh… Just stay like this for a while. You must be tired after your rehearsal today.”

 

“Not really… Seeing you helped. What time are you going to be at the venue tomorrow? Is the WGM crew coming?”

 

Jonghyun debated with himself on whether to tell the truth. He didn’t want Chaerin to think that he was only preparing the surprise for WGM.

 

“They are coming, aren’t they?”

 

Jonghyun nodded.

 

“But…”

 

“I know, oppa. Your surprise is not just for the show. Since I know that we get to come up with the content of the show, you probably told the PD what you wanted to do. It’s all good. I want my fans to see that you take care of me well too. Thank you, oppa~”

 

“I should go so you can rest.”

 

“But you just got here.”

 

“I got to see you, gave you the flowers and gotten a hug, that’s good enough for me.”

 

“Oppa, you are spoiling me.”

 

“You don’t like it?”

 

“I’m liking it way too much.”

 

“That’s good to know. Alright, I really should go so you girls can rest. I’d see you tomorrow then?”

 

Chaerin nodded and Jonghyun released her from the hug but held her by her shoulders. Both of them looked at each other’s eyes and Jonghyun leaned a little closer to kiss her forehead then pulled her into his embrace again. Chaerin smiled when she felt his lips on her and returned the hug.

 

The two of them were so engrossed in their own little world that they didn’t notice Bom coming to the kitchen. They definitely didn’t hear the sound that the camera made when Bom took a picture of Jonghyun kissing Chaerin.

 

“Sorry, she’s busy at the moment. Call back later~”

 

When Bom finally said that, Jonghyun and Chaerin turned to look in her direction. She just smiled and made a gesture for them to carry on before walking away, all excited to show Dara and Minzy the photo she just took.

 

“They are going to be teasing me the whole night now.”

 

“You want to leave with me so that you can escape from their teasing?”

 

“That would just make it worse when they see me again. And I will definitely be seeing them again.”

 

“Don’t worry, they are just envious of you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you have me.”

 

“That, I’m not going to argue with. Thank you oppa, for making me feel special.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

With one more kiss to her forehead, Jonghyun released Chaerin and started to move to the door because he knew that if he didn’t make a move, Chaerin and the other girls won’t be able to rest. At the door, Chaerin waited as Jonghyun put on his shoes.

 

“Oppa, what time are you going to be at the venue?”

 

“What time are you supposed to be there?”

 

“Call time is 1pm.”

 

“What time is dinner then?”

 

“4pm.”

 

“Do you have anything you want to eat?”

 

“Is that the surprise, you cooking for me?”

 

“I can’t tell you, but do you have anything you want to eat?”

 

“I don’t eat before the concert though.”

 

“Is that your hint for me to not bring food for you?”

 

“No, it’s my hint for you to come earlier if you are really bringing food.”

 

“Would I be in your way if I came early?”

 

“No, but you have to know that you won’t be my priority during that time.”

 

“Of course. Ok, I’d check and see if I can be there when you arrive.”

 

“Oppa, you can just ask the WGM crew to meet you at the venue right? Or do you have another schedule tomorrow?”

 

“No, but I still have to prepare everything before going right?”

 

‘That’s true. Alright, oppa, you drive safely and rest well. Call me when you are home?”

 

“I will. Don’t forget to switch on your phone. Go and rest, I’d talk to you later.”

 

Although Jonghyun would have loved to give her one more hug but he knew that letting go would be difficult and there might be people who might see them together. At this moment, it won’t be good if Chaerin was caught in a scandal. So, he coolly waved and only turned back 3 times to look behind him at Chaerin. She was very amused by Jonghyun’s action but she could not deny the fluttering sensation in her stomach.

 

When Jonghyun finally disappeared from her sight, she closed the door, only to be greeted by her grinning members.

 

“I know what you girls are going to say. I didn’t know that Jonghyun oppa was going to be here, so it was a good surprise.”

 

“What about all the kissing and hugging? You sure Boss is ok with this?”

 

“No, you sure Jiyong is ok with this?”

 

“I talked to Boss after rehearsal and Jonghyun oppa is going to be calling him tomorrow. He’s going to tell Boss that he’s serious about a real relationship with me.”

 

“So are you going to be in a relationship with him?”

 

“I don’t know yet. I really like him and he makes me feel special. I’m loving the attention, that’s for sure, but right now it’s all good but I do get affected too. Like the other day when I heard Seungyeon unnie calling his name over the phone, I was upset and I really don’t know how to feel about that yet.”

 

“What about Jiyong?”

 

“What about him? Anyway, please do not act differently with Jonghyun oppa tomorrow.”

 

“I’m really glad that you are on WGM, unnie. You really seemed to be very happy with Jonghyun oppa.”

 

“I am very happy with him. I feel a little sorry towards Dara unnie though. She’s the one who really wants to go on the show.”

 

“It’s ok, Chaerin ah~ Seeing you so happy with Jonghyun, it makes me happy too.”

 

“Oh yea~ We are going to have the wedding ceremony and the wedding photoshoot soon. I want all of you to come!”

 

“We will be there!!”

 

“Ya! Chaerin! You have to get Jonghyun to introduce his model friends to us!!”

 

“Should I?”

 

“OF COURSE!!”

 

“Don’t worry, I already have the intention of doing so. I told Jonghyun oppa to ask his model friends already. I don’t know if we will be able to get them to come for the wedding ceremony and the photoshoot but I hope they would come for the housewarming party. Jonghyun oppa is insistent that the oppas in the company come for the wedding ceremony.”

 

“And you don’t sound like you want them there.”

 

“I’m ok with most of them except Jiyong oppa. But I guess the other oppas would make sure he behaves. Although, I’m going to go check their schedule and make sure that it’s a day when they can’t make it.”

 

“You are so sneaky!”

 

Chaerin grinned but started walking towards her room.

 

“Ya! That’s all? What else are you keeping from us?”

 

“Nothing~ Ah! I have a surprise for Jonghyun oppa during the concert tomorrow. He’s going to be my partner for the part.”

 

“Wooooo~ No wonder you don’t want Jiyong to be around. He might stop the concert right there and then.”

 

Chaerin shrugged in response.

 

“Knowing him, he won’t because he’s professional that way but I know that if he knows about it before, he would try to stop me. In fact, I’m prepared to be nagged at after but it’s not going to stop me.”

 

“Are you enjoying this craziness that Jiyong is showing?”

 

“No, and yes. It’s irritating but it’s amusing at the same time.”

 

“And what would you do if he stops being irritating?”

 

“He has to stop at some point. He will when he got used to the idea that there’s another man that I’m paying attention to.”

 

“Let me re-phrase that question. What if he stops paying attention to you?”

 

“Good for him, and me. Then both of us can focus on what we have to do.”

 

“You won’t feel the emptiness?”

 

“Bommie unnie, you should know that whenever he pays attention to me, it’s when he has an open window in one of his relationships. I have learnt to not get too comfortable with the attention he gives me, when he gives me any.”

 

“And you think that right now, all his nosing around into your affairs is because he has an open window? You don’t think it’s anything serious?”

 

“Nope~ Give it a week or two, he’d be over it. I’m going to bed. All of you should rest too. Goodnight~”

 

The 3 girls watched Chaerin walk back to her room, then they turned to each other.

 

“What do you girls think?”

 

“About?”

 

“Jonghyun, Chaerin and Jiyong.”

 

“Well, it’s obvious that Chaerin and Jonghyun really like each other. Chaerin is enjoying his attention and he enjoys giving her the attention. The hugs, the innocent kisses, the love confession… She is really enjoying all of this. But Jiyong is panicking. She thinks that he’s just panicking because of his oppa role in her life but I think there’s more.”

 

“Of course there’s more! Everyone can see it except the 2 of them. Jiyong is probably in shock right now, mainly because no one has ever been able to take Chaerin’s attention away from him for too long.”

 

“But Chaerin unnie is right too when she says Jiyong oppa only gives her attention when he has an open window from one of his relationships.”

 

“Sometimes it makes me wonder why he goes into all those non-committal relationships.”

 

“Most of us think that Chaerin is a filler for him, I think the opposite. All these other girls are fillers for him. It’s almost like he’s afraid to get too close to Chaerin, afraid of breaking that close relationship he has with Chaerin. The other girls are the distraction. He leaves them and comes back to Chaerin when he feels that her attention is somewhere else.”

 

“That’s a new perspective. I’ve never thought of it that way.”

 

“Jiyong is just afraid to be hurt. He loves Chaerin a lot but he would never admit it. Because to admit it would change their relationship status. So he tells himself he can’t be THAT in love with her by having all these other relationships.”

 

“Well, this has backfired badly on him. Because if he were to pursue a serious relationship with Chaerin right now, she’s never going to believe him.”

 

“If he’s serious about it. Chaerin has got too many oppas protecting her and I’m quite sure Jiyong would face more challenges than he’s ready for.”

 

“But that will also be the determining factor. If he’s willing to go through all that, he would win her in the end. But if he gives up halfway, that’s it. No one would give him another chance.”

 

“Except Chaerin.”

 

“This is actually going to be more interesting than I thought. I wonder what would Boss say.”

 

“He would just watch at the sidelines. He likes such dramas too much.”

 

“I think I heard Teddy oppa mention something about watching WGM together in Boss’ office with Jinu oppa and Sean oppa.”

 

“Seriously, these oppas are crazy~”

 

“They are, but it’s amusing to watch them too. At this rate, I won’t be surprised if Boss gathers all of us to watch the first episode together.”

 

“I’m expecting it. And he’s going to invite Jonghyun just to see the boys’ reaction.”

 

“Totally! Oh, this is exciting! I want to see the oppas’ reaction too!”

 

“Especially that forehead kiss at the special stage.”

 

“Especially that. But I want to see their reaction to Jonghyun and Chaerin being in the same room. Chaerin isn’t going to hold back on her skinship with Jonghyun just because they are there. To her, she has every right to do it since he’s her hubby.”

 

“Oh my~ I want to see that now!”

 

“I’m more interested in the Backroom Interviews, because that’s when they have to answer direct questions. Can you imagine their reactions to questions like ‘would you consider Jonghyun as a real boyfriend?’ It’s going to be daebak~”

 

“Boss made the right choice by sending her on WGM. They are going to be really popular because people are curious who and how ‘Lee Chaerin’ is like in a relationship.”

 

“Even I’m curious.”

 

“Unnies! Minzy! I can still hear your voices! Go to bed now! It’s getting late!”

 

“ARRASEO!!”

 

Upon hearing Chaerin shouting from her room, the other 3 members quickly went back to their rooms. Before going to bed, Bommie received a message.

 

FROM: JI-KUN

Bommie noona, are you asleep yet?

 

TO: JI-KUN

Jiyong ah, we are going to bed now. At least I am.

 

FROM: JI-KUN

Erm… I’m trying to get Chaerin on the phone but it’s been engaged since 30 minutes ago. Can you check if she’s asleep?

 

TO: JI-KUN

Maybe she was on the phone with Jonghyun. He promised to call when he got home.

 

There was a moment of silence but was soon broken by her phone ringing. Seeing that it was Jiyong, Bom picked up the call immediately.

 

“Hel…”

 

“Noona, how did you know that Jonghyun promised to call? Was he at the dorm just now? Was that why you said she’s busy when I called just now? What were they busy with?”

 

“Yup~ He came over to give Chaerin flowers. He said he wanted to be the first one to give her flowers for the concert. Nothing really, they were just chatting in the kitchen.”

 

“Why did Chaerin allow him to go into the dorm?”

 

“It would be worse if he was spotted standing outside the dorm right?”

 

“But…”

 

“Jiyong ah, it’s getting late and I’m sleepy. Can I talk to you another day?”

 

“Ah… Ok… Noona… Can you watch over Jonghyun for me? I don’t want him to be too close to Chaerin…”

 

“Jiyong ah, if Chaerin doesn’t want him close, no one can get close to her. But from what I see just now, she likes having him around. So, no one is going to stop him from getting close to her.”

 

“But…”

 

“Jiyong ah, she’s really happy when he’s around. I like happy Chaerin, don’t you? I heard you are at Dolce Vita with the boys. Have fun with them! Goodnight~”

 

With that, Bom ended the call, shaking her head but a grin crept up her face.

 

“Yes, this is going to be more interesting than we all think.”

 

Dolce Vita, 11.30pm KST

 

Jiyong had been trying to get Chaerin on the phone after the boys refused to help him find out about her. After that, she had switched off her phone. Jiyong knew because he tried calling her after that but didn’t get through. But when he tried at 11pm, he managed to get through but the line was engaged. He had been calling for the last 30 minutes until he decided to message Bom for her help in seeing if Chaerin was asleep. When he saw the message that Chaerin might be on the phone with Jonghyun, he called Bom.

 

After his phone conversation with Bom, he got his coat and was ready to drive back to Seoul, to look for Chaerin at 2NE1’s dorm. But Seungri spotted him and stopped him. When he struggled, Seungri got the other members to help out. There was a huge hustle until TOP said very calmly.

 

“Jiyong ah, do you think you turning up at their dorm is going to score high with her? First, you would be disturbing her and her members and she would hate it if the girls are not getting enough rest for tomorrow. Second, what are you going to say to her that’s not going to sound like a possessive oppa? We already told you being the possessive oppa right now is not going to score any points with her.”

 

“But hyung, do you expect me to stand aside and not do anything? That was the problem. I walked away every single time when I realized that I’m in love with her. I have to make her understand that I’m in love with her!”

 

“Right now? On the day she’s about to have her concert? Are you crazy? Trust me, she would avoid you even more.”

 

“THEN TELL ME WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!!!!”

 

“Calm down and stop panicking is a good start!”

 

“How am I supposed to calm down and not panic? He was there tonight at their dorm waiting for her because he wanted to be the first one to give her flowers. How am I supposed to…”

 

Jiyong broke down in tears and that caught the other Big Bang members off-guard. They have rarely seen a panicky Jiyong, much less a Jiyong who’s crying because he was afraid.

 

“Ji, are you really that afraid of losing Chaerin?”

 

“TOP hyung, I think so. I have never seen Ji hyung being so upset over a girl.”

 

TOP looked at Daesung who whispered the statement. It was true, they have never seen Jiyong so upset over a girl. It wasn’t that they doubted him but everything was too sudden. They didn’t expect him to finally admit his feelings for her. Yet, at the same time, everyone has the same question: Would he feel any different if her attention is back on him again? That was their biggest fear.

 

“Well, at the moment, she’s not going to give him any attention or pay any attention to him going crazier by the minute. She thinks that he’s just being himself because that’s exactly how he behaves when he decides to take a break from one of his girls and turn his attention back to her.”

 

“I only go to the other girls because I’m so afraid of falling deeper in love with her. But being with the other girls just makes me more sure that I’m in love with her. Yet, I cannot find it in me to tell her.”

 

“Ji, I’m afraid you have to consider the possibility that you have lost your chance with her. I don’t think she would be glad to hear that you weren’t courageous enough to tell her your feelings.”

 

“That’s my biggest fear! It feels like with each passing second, she’s walking further and further away from me. And with Jonghyun in the picture, confessing to her and willing to go to Boss about being in a relationship with her… I really don’t know what I would do if I really do end up losing her.”

 

“Ji hyung, what if she is happy with Jonghyun? Would you let go of her?”

 

Jiyong looked at Seungri who asked the question. He wanted so much to say he won’t let go of Chaerin yet at the same time, if she’s happy…

 

“I don’t know, I really don’t. That was what I was most afraid of, not being able to give her the happiness she deserves. But I want to try at least. Right now, it just feels like I won’t even get a chance to try.”

 

“To be honest, you had plenty of chances, we all did if we are honest about it. We were just too afraid to lose what we have with Chaerin to even try.”

 

“Wait, ‘we’? TOP hyung, what do you mean ‘we’?”

 

At this, all the Big Bang boys looked away, not being able to meet each other’s eyes. In the end, it was TOP who cleared his throat. Seeing he was the one who brought it up, he should be the one who end it.

 

“I have a crush on her ever since she joined YGE. When I first heard her rap, her singing, her voice, I was drawn to her without me realizing it. I find myself wanting to be around her more. She’s just such a comforting presence. Even now, I’m drawn to her. And it’s uncanny how she knows exactly when to send a message to me when I’m feeling low.”

 

“Hyung, does she do that for you too? Me too. There were times when I’m feeling low or just alone and when my phone beeps, I have come to expect a text from her. I do not have a love crush on her now but I still find myself wanting to protect her.”

 

“I am jealous of Bae hyung a lot last year because she was always by his side. He would mention that he was upset about something and before I know it, she appeared right beside him and would do her special brand of aegyo. I used to be really jealous of the closeness that Ji hyung shared with her but not so much now. I think she had decided not to worry too much about you because you have the other girls in your life to take care of you.”

 

“I hate it when she keeps mentioning that I should get a girlfriend. So many times, I find myself on the verge of telling her that I want her as my girlfriend. But I’m just so afraid that it would change what we have. However, since she mentioned that she would take my proposal more seriously than Jiyong’s, I might just do it. But honestly, to me, as long as she’s happy, I’m good. It might be painful to see her with another guy but that’s my own cross to bear for not being brave enough.”

 

All Jiyong could do after hearing that s’ confessions was stare at them in utter shock. He was stunned. Though he knows that they were all close to her, he had never thought that it was more than just sibling love or the closeness that colleagues shared. Then he thought about his own feelings for her and can only smile sadly.

 

“What am I going to do?”

 

“While we all have a little something for her, I won’t chase after her if that’s what you are worried about. But right now, I won’t approve of you chasing after her either. There is something there between the two of you. I have to see how she is with Jonghyun now before I can decide if it’s a lost cause for you. She seemed happy the last time I saw them in Paris.”

 

“How is she like with Jonghyun?”

 

“Very lovely. Jonghyun is giving her a lot of attention right now and she’s loving it. A lot of Chaerin is coming out while CL takes a backseat.”

 

“But she’s like that when she’s off stage.”

 

“With us, she shows the younger sister affections, with Jonghyun, she’s more of a girl. If I didn’t know about the WGM arrangement or do not know them, I would have thought they are a couple when we were at lunch with them today.”

 

“Don’t remind me. I’m scared simply because I know Jonghyun is serious about her. And looking at how receptive she is towards him, she likes him too.”

 

“In other words, if Jonghyun really asks her to be his girlfriend, she would say yes?”

 

Jiyong and Youngbae looked at Seungri who asked the question and nodded.

 

“She would accept because the affections both showed towards each other is real. That’s why we are worried.”

 

“And Boss isn’t going to say no?”

 

“Boss knew who she was going to be paired up so it looks like he approves of him. And if he really goes to Boss, he would score high with him. Boss loves Chaerin like his own daughter and now that someone is brave enough to scale this wall, he would be very happy for Chaerin.”

 

“Looks like Chaerin would get herself a boyfriend before long then.”

 

Jiyong turned to TOP who said it and frowned at him.

 

“Hyung, you guys are not going to try to stop Jonghyun?”

 

TOP looked at Jiyong directly.

 

“Jiyong, you are my brother, and I respect you as our leader. But if you ask me to choose between you and Jonghyun for Chaerin, Jonghyun gets my vote because he is more stable, reliable and his relationship history is less complicated than yours. As Chaerin’s oppa, I would have not let her go into a relationship with you.”

 

“Dae, Seungri, do you guys think the same way too?”

 

“Though I have not seen too much of her interaction with Jonghyun, based on what we know about him and you, I would agree with TOP hyung. Like I said, I have very strong protective instincts towards Chaerin and you would seriously be the last person I would approve of for her.”

 

“Ji hyung, I’m sorry. As much as I love you, I won’t let Chaerin go out with you too. I think all of us think the same way. If you are going to try to win her heart this time, you have to work real hard to show that you are serious. She’s not going to take you seriously, we are not going to take you seriously, Boss is going to question you every step of the way. That’s how it’s going to be.”

 

“So, I have to get past you guys before I would be allowed to go out with her?”

 

“First and foremost, we need to see that this is real and not just because you are panicking. I think this is what Chaerin would want to see first. If you can’t convince her that you are serious, you can’t get anywhere with her and you won’t get anywhere in convincing us. Our reaction to your pursuit depends a lot on Chaerin’s reaction to you.”

 

“But would you guys help me?”

 

“Only when you convince us that you really want this. And I hope I don’t have to tell you this. If you start and if you succeed in getting her to treat you seriously, it is with marriage in mind.”

 

“Of course! Chaerin doesn’t deserve anything less.”

 

“So says the man who leaves her every time she gets close. If you have no intention to seal the deal, don’t start. It’s your own fault that she treats your advances and reactions as a joke right now.”

 

“What should I do then?”

 

“There really isn’t a sure way of overcoming this. Chaerin is comfortable with her position as your younger sister. Now that she has Jonghyun, she has no need for your attention anymore, at least not on the personal level. You can try to get her to work with you professionally but knowing her, she would keep it as that. You would be frustrated because the nature of your relationship has changed. I don’t know, Ji, you sure you want to do this?”

 

“Of course! I want to try at least.”

 

“Ok then…”

 

TOP didn’t get to finish his sentence when the boys’ phones all beeped at the same time.

 

Except for Jiyong’s.

 

All of them checked their phone and upon seeing what Bom had sent them, their eyes bulged out. They took a quick glance at Jiyong then quickly put away their phones. They exchanged a quick look with each other and when their eyes met, a silent decision was made.

 

No way will they ever show the photo to Jiyong.

 

“What’s wrong? What did you guys receive?”

 

“Nothing. I think we should go to bed don’t you think, TOP hyung?”

 

“Yes, let’s go Dae.”

 

Without another word, the two of them walked a little too quickly back to their room. Jiyong looked at them walk, no, run back to their room and turned, wanting to ask Youngbae and Seungri. But both were nowhere to be found either.

 

“YA!! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME?!!! IT MUST BE ABOUT CHAERIN RIGHT?!! LEE SEUNGHYUN GET YOUR OUT HERE AND SHOW ME WHAT YOU RECEIVED!!!!”

 

“SORRY JI HYUNG, I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT ALREADY!! GOOD NIGHT!!”

 

Jiyong knew he won’t get anywhere with the other members. He could guess that it was Bom who sent them something. He decided to go directly to the source.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

Bommie noona, what did you send to the other Big Bang members? I know it’s got to do with Chaerin. Show me.

 

There was no reply at all.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

I would do whatever you want me to do. Just show me what you send to the others.

 

Still no answer.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

If you don’t tell me, I’m going to tell Boss and Chaerin about that guy I saw you with last week~

 

The response was instantaneous. But when Jiyong saw the photo of Chaerin in Jonghyun’s arms and him kissing her forehead, he regretted even asking to see it.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

Please delete that photo and make sure that no one else gets to see it. If ever anyone sees that photo, Chaerin would be in danger. Your secret is safe with me.

 

FROM: BOMMIE NOONA

I will delete it. You had better delete it too. Chaerin doesn’t know that I took this photo. I do not want to die in her hands.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

Then why did you take it?

 

FROM: BOMMIE NOONA

Do you really want to know?

 

Jiyong paused. Indeed, did he really want to know.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

Yes.

 

FROM: BOMMIE NOONA

I have never seen Chaerin let another guy come so close to her, other than YG Family. Even though she has guy friends outside, I haven’t seen her this close to them. When I saw that scene, I was really happy for her. That’s why. She seemed really happy.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

That’s what I’m afraid of… I’m super worried that I would lose her…

 

FROM: BOMMIE NOONA

You won’t lose her as a sister or colleague. She loves you in that capacity. But if it’s anything more, and we all know there’s something more, she is refusing to see it as that now. Jonghyun is giving her more reason to see you as just an oppa.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

I know… She’s got me nicely compartmentalized as ‘JUST OPPA’ and I don’t want to be that…

 

FROM: BOMMIE NOONA

It’s going to be difficult. FIGHTING~! Goodnight. I have to go to bed, otherwise Chae is going to come after me if I can’t focus tomorrow. Talk to you again soon.

 

TO: BOMMIE NOONA

Goodnight.

 

Jiyong laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He didn’t know what to feel at that moment. From the confessions of s to how they were not in favor of Chaerin being with him, to seeing how Chaerin was getting very comfortable with Jonghyun. He asked himself the question that was at the top of his head: Will he be able to let go of Chaerin if she’s truly happy?

 

He knew that he won’t let go without trying to show Chaerin that she could be happy with him. But just convincing her to give him the chance would take a lot of effort. He let out a bitter laugh. There was no way he was going to be able to give up without trying though. He picked up his phone and sent a message to Chaerin.

 

TO: CHAERINNIE

Sorry for shouting at you this afternoon. Do well for your concert today! I’d see you the day after then. Take care of yourself, don’t tire yourself out. Love you~

 

He was quite sure that he won’t get an answer from Chaerin so he was truly surprised when his phone beeped signalling a new message and it was from her.

 

FROM: CHAERINNIE

Oppa, you should rest early too. Hope you are having a good time with the other oppas. Don’t worry, I have already forgotten about what happened this afternoon, just don’t do it again. See you the day after then~ Are you coming for the after-party? Come! Bring the other Big Bang oppas with you~! ^__^

 

TO: CHAERINNIE

I will be there. Will ask the others, but they should be going as well. And you should be sleeping!

 

FROM: CHAERINNIE

I’m going to bed now. Goodnight oppa~ Send my love to Gaho and Jolie~~

 

TO: CHAERINNIE

What about me? I don’t get your love anymore?

 

FROM: CHAERINNIE

Aigooo~ This oppa really~ Love ya~ Goodnight~!

 

Jiyong grinned, glad that there was some kind of communication from Chaerin. He was determined not to let the negative thoughts get to him and focus on the good moments. He needed a plan but he didn’t know where to start. He needed to be able to spend some time with Chaerin alone without getting into a jealous fit and getting into shouting matches with her. Sadly, the only way he could think of was to get her on a project with him. But it wasn’t going to be easy since her schedule was packed. It has to be something that she won’t refuse.

 

Jiyong tried to think but the photo of Jonghyun kissing Chaerin in their kitchen kept floating into his mind. He thought about how nice it would be if it were him who had her in his arms and kissing her. It’s not like he had never hugged Chaerin before. They are close to each other and hugging comes naturally to the 2 of them when they are with people they are close to. But each time he had held Chaerin in his arms, it was also when he realized that he was in love with her. That usually signalled the beginning of his retreat from Chaerin.

 

The next time I hold her in my arms, I’m not going to walk away again.

Never again.

 

With that in mind, Jiyong slowly drifted off to dreamland. Even though he knew it would be an ordeal trying to keep himself from going to the concert venue, he had to keep the bigger goal in mind.