EPISODE 11

I GOT MARRIED TO MY OPPA(S)?!!

EPISODE 11

1 MARCH 2014

SK HANDBALL GYMNASIUM, 12PM KST

 

Jonghyun had just arrived at 2NE1’s concert venue. He knew he was early because there were not many people around. He had been awake since 5am, making sure everything was ready. Though he didn’t personally cook for all the staff members, he made sure that everyone got something. He had hired a food cart for the fans and put up the banner to show that Chaerin was the one who prepared it. The moment he saw people coming, he left the venue to go backstage. He found the girls’ resting room and he put each member’s favourite flower on their tables. He stepped back to check his work and was about to walk out when he felt someone hug him from the back. Jonghyun turned to see Chaerin with her sunglasses on. He turned and hugged her tight before letting go.

 

“Thank you, oppa. I saw everything that you prepared. And the WGM crew isn’t even here yet. What are they going to film if you got everything ready before they got here?”

 

“This is just the first part. The food for the staff and all will come later so they get to film that. Have you had lunch? Knowing you, you probably won’t eat much later.”

 

“No, Manager oppa told us that food had been prepared for us. Are you the one who did that? Thank you~”

 

Jonghyun frowned. He did prepare food for Chaerin but not for the others, at least not for lunch.

 

“But I didn’t prepare lunch. The food support was for tea and dinner.”

 

“Then who did it?”

 

“I have food for you but not the others. I’m not too sure.”

 

They heard someone knocking on the door, turned and saw Minzy peep in.

 

“Chaerin unnie~!! Come and have lunch! It’s your favorite!! Jiyong oppa sent us food from your favourite restaurant.”

 

“Mystery solved. Come on, oppa, let’s go eat with the others. Oh wait, you said you have food for me. What did you prepare?”

 

“I made you porridge since you liked it when I cooked that for you in Paris. I thought it would be better for you since it’s easier on the stomach.”

 

“I’d eat that later before I go on stage then. We could just warm it up later. Come, let’s go eat what Jiyong oppa bought for us all. I’d share mine with you.”

 

Chaerin linked her arm through Jonghyun’s and brought him to the dining area. People who didn’t know that they were on WGM together were a little surprised to see Jonghyun. But Chaerin didn’t bother to explain either and just got Jonghyun to sit down beside her and she started setting up the food for the 2 of them.

 

“Jonghyun oppa, let’s take a photo together eating the food so I can send to Jiyong oppa. Knowing him, he’s going to be asking for a proof shot soon.”

 

“How about I take a photo of you eating the food so you can send him that? I don’t think he would be happy to know that I’m sharing the food with you. We can take a photo together but we don’t have to send him that.”

 

“Good thinking! Thank you, oppa! Here, we will start with my photo first.”

 

Chaerin and Jonghyun took a couple of photos and then Chaerin sent her photo to Jiyong.

 

TO: JIYONG OPPA

Oppa~ Thank you~ I will eat well and perform well~!! You rest well and have lots of fun with the other oppas~ ^______^

 

“Oppa, let’s eat before the food turns cold.”

 

Jonghyun nodded and the two of them started eating. The two of them acted very naturally, like there was nothing wrong with Jonghyun being backstage with Chaerin, or that he was having lunch with her and they were feeding each other. Although the people were curious but seeing that the other members and Xin were all not surprised, no one made a big fuss about it.

 

Meanwhile, at Dolce Vita, Jiyong had been waiting anxiously to see if Chaerin would send him a photo. He got notification that the other 2NE1 members posted and mentioned him on Twitter or Instagram, he didn’t really pay attention. When he finally got the message from Chaerin, he broke out in a grin. He knew waking up early and calling their manager to go to the restaurant to get the food for the girls was the right move. He had wanted to go on his own but he thought it best to stay away like he said he would.

 

With the pictures uploaded by the 2NE1 members, the fans all got excited at how Jiyong sent food to the girls. The couple fans of course spazzed and Jiyong’s timeline went crazy. Everyone was waiting for Chaerin’s update on Instagram. But none came, till Jiyong posted the photo she sent to him and mentioned the other members to do well. The fact that it was Jiyong who posted Chaerin’s photo sent speculations that Jiyong might be at the venue with the girls went crazy till he started posting photos of him and the boys at Dolce Vita. SNS was having a good day with both Big Bang members and 2NE1 members posting.

 

After lunch, the girls got ready for technical run. Although the sound check was at 4pm with the fans, they still have to do the checks with all the lighting, entrances and exit, costume changes, etc. At 3pm, the WGM crew came and Chaerin went to greet them along with Jonghyun. The PD was shocked to see that Jonghyun had arrived. Upon checking with him, they realized that a lot of the set-up outside was done by him too. The PD sent 2 cameras out to film the support outside. He told them to be careful not to reveal that it’s for WGM. 2 of YGE marketing team members went together with them so that it would look like they were doing footage for the DVD.

 

When the time for the sound check came, Jonghyun went to the observation room to see what was happening. The filming started then. There were also cameras at the sound check but the fans thought nothing of it. However, they did notice that Chaerin kept looking and smiling in the direction of the observation room. Since she was in a good mood, the fans didn’t think too much about it. When the fans thanked her for the food cart, she showed them their eye smile before looking at the observation room. That confirmed that someone was definitely there and whoever that person was, he was the one who prepared it.

 

The sound check ended and Chaerin bowed to the fans before walking off-stage quickly. Jonghyun was waiting for her backstage so she walked to him and linked her arm through his. The cameras were on them.

 

“Jonghyun oppa, thank you~ The fans loved the food cart!”

 

“No problem, since they came to support you and the girls, that’s the least I could do. You have time to rest a little before you got to start dressing up for the actual concert right?”

 

“Yup~ But it’s alright. I like the adrenaline rush before the concert and I’m not tired.”

 

Jonghyun looked at her. It was true that she was excited about the concert and all but he could also detect tiredness from her. After all, he was fully aware of her schedule.

 

“Let’s just go and rest for a bit. And you should eat a little before you go on stage ok?”

 

Chaerin nodded and they walked towards the resting room set up for Chaerin since she was going to be filming WGM. But as they were passing the girls’ dressing room, they were called in by the other members.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi! Thank you for the flowers! It’s really thoughtful of you to give us our favorite flowers!”

 

“Glad you like it! Congratulations for the concert!”

 

“Where are you going now?”

 

“We are just going to rest a bit before I have to start dressing up for the concert.”

 

“Woooooo~ Resting huh?”

 

“Unnie!”

 

“Arraseo! I won’t tease you. Go rest!”

 

The two of them left the dressing room. Jonghyun had his arm around Chaerin’s shoulders. When they arrived at the resting room, Chaerin was surprised because she saw the room before she went for the technical run but it had totally been revamped. There was a proper bed, a long couch, a dressing table, her first set of costume had also been transferred over here.

 

“The make-up artiste would come here to touch up your make-up when it’s time to get ready. So, you just settle down and rest.”

 

“Oppa, you did this too? Wow~ This is probably the most comfortable resting area I have ever had~!”

 

“With the help of the production team of course.”

 

Chaerin turned to the production team people.

 

“Thank you!! I will do well for the concert and the show!!”

 

Everyone clapped and cheered. Chaerin settled down on the couch.

 

“Oh, I’m going with you to Hong Kong~ Jun heard from Xin that you are going to go early for a fashion shoot with one of the companies there.”

 

“Really? Xin oppa didn’t tell me anything.”

 

“He mentioned that they are still confirming the details but I would probably leave on the same day as you.”

 

“So, we can go shopping and all that right?”

 

“Yes, of course~!”

 

“Can I ask Harin along? She can be our guide and all.”

 

“Sure, why not? But I would still want some time for us alone.”

 

“Of course~ We should go to the Victoria Peak together at night! I heard the view is amazing.”

 

“You will still be the most beautiful view ever.”

 

There was a knock on the door and Xin peeped in. His eyes went wide when he saw the interior of the resting room.

 

“Not fair! I’m going to rest here later! Anyway, Chaerin, you have 30 minutes before dressing up. Get something to eat. By the way, thanks bro, for the amazing food! Can you do the support for tomorrow as well?”

 

“Do you think it’s only for today?”

 

“Woohoo~! Thank you Chaerin! Maybe you on WGM isn’t such a bad idea!”

 

With that, Xin left. Jonghyun turned to Chaerin.

 

“Do you want to go get some food?”

 

“But I want the porridge you made for me.”

 

“We will warm that up while we go see if you want anything else?”

 

“Ok~”

 

Jonghyun helped Chaerin get up from the couch and they made their way out after they put the porridge in a container and heat it up in the microwave. They walked out of the room hand-in-hand. When they appeared in the dining area, people started cheering and clapping. Dony came to the front.

 

“1, 2, 3! THANK YOU CHAERIN! THANK YOU JONGHYUN HYUNG! CONGRATULATIONS!!”

 

“Please look after Chaerin well! Please eat well! All the best for the concert! Look forward to the food tomorrow as well!”

 

“Wow! Chaerin, you found a good husband!”

 

“I did, didn’t I? Oppa, thank you~”

 

Chaerin leaned up and gave Jonghyun a kiss on the cheek, causing everyone to cheer crazily.

 

“WOW! We didn’t even have to ask her to kiss him!”

 

Chaerin blushed but glared at Dony who spoke. But he just gave her a grin and did a kissy face which caused everyone to laugh again. She glared at him but ignored him when Jonghyun got her attention again when he suddenly held her shoulders tighter. She turned to look at him before turning in the direction where he was looking at. When she saw who he was looking at, she bit her lips nervously.

 

In front of them was YG looking at them sternly. Everyone stopped moving and wondered what YG would say. Seeing that Jonghyun didn’t let go of Chaerin, everyone was getting a little anxious. Even the PD got a little nervous.

 

But after another minute or so, YG smiled and then walked towards Jonghyun, stretching out his hand towards Jonghyun. Jonghyun released Chaerin for a minute, stepped forward and shook hands with YG. But YG surprised everyone by pulling Jonghyun into a manly hug.

 

“Welcome to the family~ I see you have been treating everyone quite well with all the food and all. And the support you did for Chaerin outside is quite amazing. Thank you.”

 

“I’m just doing my part to support Chaerin.”

 

“Chaerin ah, you must be happy.”

 

Chaerin turned to look at Jonghyun, smiled, put her hand in his, then turned to YG.

 

“Yes, I am.”

 

“Alright, time is running short. You’d better grab a bite before you have to change.”

 

“Do you want anything from here, Chaerin?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Oppa, let’s go back and eat the porridge you made.”

 

“Wow! You got special food? WOW! Now I’m envious!”

 

“Unnie~!”

 

“It’s nothing special. I just made some porridge for Chaerin because it’s easier on the stomach.”

 

“Lee Chaerin, you don’t even eat porridge most of the time.”

 

“But Jonghyun oppa’s porridge is really yummy~”

 

“Of course it is~ It’s made with LOVE~”

 

“Unnie!!”

 

“Ok, stop teasing her. Go eat and then get ready.”

 

“Yes sir!”

 

Without another word, the couple left the scene and walked back to the resting room. Chaerin ate the porridge and halfway through, the make-up artiste came. Chaerin told her to give her 5 more minutes to finish up the food since she didn’t want to waste it. The make-up artiste just looked at her and smiled. After she was done with the food, Jonghyun cleared up after her and just sat on the couch observing everything. Their eyes met a couple of times when Chaerin looked at the mirror and saw that he was staring at her.

 

“Chaerin ah, I won’t be here till the end of the concert since I have to film my drama, so I can’t send you back home.”

 

“What time do you have to leave?”

 

“Around 8pm.”

 

“What time will your drama schedule end?”

 

“Around 4am, maybe?”

 

“Can I go visit you?”

 

“No, I don’t want you to tire yourself. Go back and rest after the concert today. You still have one more tomorrow and I can’t be here.”

 

“But I want to go and support you too… You did so much for me today…”

 

“Silly girl, I didn’t do it with the hope that you would do the same for me. I enjoyed myself planning out everything. And seeing how you liked…”

 

“No, I LOVED IT!”

 

“Ok, seeing how you love it, that’s good enough for me.”

 

“You are such a sweetheart, oppa. But I would go visit you one day ok? Will you be able to come for the after-party tomorrow then?”

 

“I love to be there but I don’t think it’s quite possible, sorry…”

 

“It’s ok. Oppa, you have to stay backstage later.”

 

“I know, since it would be suspicious if I were to be seen.”

 

Chaerin grinned at Jonghyun and then hugged him. He hugged her back, whispering in her ear.

 

“Do well, I would be here supporting you. I love you.”

 

Chaerin froze. She didn’t expect to hear those 3 words from Jonghyun, at least not so fast. Before she could move, Jonghyun continued.

 

“Don’t worry, I just want you to know that’s all.”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Shhh… Just stay like this for a while, before I have to share you with your fans. You are loved, Lee Chaerin, never doubt that.”

 

There was a knock on the door and Chaerin stepped back. She knew that it was probably Xin or one of the stage managers looking for her to get her to standby.

 

“Thank you, oppa. You are probably the first guy who comes to me and tell me that you love me so directly, without holding back. I will treasure this moment for my entire life. Thank you. I’d see you later, alright? Enjoy the show~!”

 

“You have fun on stage, Chaerin ah~ Nolza!”

 

Chaerin showed Jonghyun her eye smile, gave him a quick peck on his cheek, then walked out of the resting room to find Xin about to knock on the door again. She smiled at Xin, linked her arm through his, then walked to her standby position.

 

“Xin oppa, I’m so happy right now~ Jonghyun oppa just told me that he loves me. This is the first time that a guy tells me that so directly. Is this how it feels, to know that someone loves you? It’s an amazing feeling really~”

 

Chaerin gave Xin a quick hug then went to her position. She grinned at her members then stuck out her hand for them to stack theirs up and shouted their signature ‘Nolza’. When Chaerin turned to the side of the stage and saw that Jonghyun was there, she blew a quick kiss to him. He jokingly caught it and then put it inside his pocket, making Chaerin laugh.

 

“You made her really happy. Thank you.”

 

Jonghyun looked at Xin.

 

“She deserves it. She makes me happy too.”

 

“You do know that Jiyong likes her too right?”

 

“Of course, and Youngbae hyung too, even you actually. It’s in the eyes. As much as all of you denies it, your eyes don’t lie. The way you guys are entirely focused on her when she’s in the room is actually very obvious. You guys like talking about her, that much is obvious too. The little smile on your faces when all of you talks about her, that’s obvious too.”

 

“What if she’s unhappy when she has to choose between you and Jiyong? Because I can tell you that Jiyong is going to go after her.”

 

“I will let her do what makes her happy. If being with Jiyong is going to make her happier than being with me, I would have to let her go. There’s no point in making her stay with me IF she is happier with Jiyong. But I won’t let go simply because he’s going after her. He had his chances and from what I have seen, I don’t think Chaerin sees him as a potential boyfriend.”

 

“Maybe not now, after all, if she harbored any ideas of a romantic relationship with him, she would have been very hurt the last couple of years with him being in multiple relationships.”

 

“So it makes me question exactly how much he loves her, if he does.”

 

“He does, maybe too much, which is why he walks away from her every single time.”

 

“That’s ironic isn’t it? Why does it take another guy to be in her life before he realized that he could really lose her?”

 

“He never really have to fight for her attention. She does give him due attention when he asked for it. But this time, you got her attention without you asking so he’s feeling the loss quite acutely.”

 

“Well, I’m not going to step back just to make him feel better. Chaerin is my priority, her happiness is my goal. If Jiyong hyung wants to convince her that he’s serious, he has to work hard for it. And whether I’m in the picture or not, it isn’t important if she feels the same way towards him.”

 

“But what if she is falling in love with the idea of being in love and being loved and not really in love with you?”

 

“Chaerin is rather new to love relationship between a man and a woman. If the emotions she’s showing towards me is a result of her being in love with the idea of being in love, I really want to know what it would be like when she is in love with me.”

 

“How are you feeling since you are in love with her?”

 

“Happy, like my world is complete. It’s quite crazy because I never expected myself to fall for her in such a short time. But I have learnt not to question and just go with the flow. It’s been good so far. When I do everything with making her happy in mind, it makes me happy too really.”

 

Xin realized that Jonghyun was not lying because the sincerity of his words and how he looked directly at him when he spoke. He decided that he would stick to his stance: as long as Chaerin is happy, that’s the most important thing. He looked up at the screen that has the LIVE feed of the concert and know that he had to get ready for the costume change. He told Jonghyun that he had to go get ready for the costume change. Jonghyun just gave him a thumbs up and signal for him to go ahead. His attention is focused on Chaerin.

 

She’s really an amazing performer on stage. She just owns it.
Just like Jiyong hyung.

 

Jonghyun frowned slightly. Chaerin is really similar to Jiyong in that sense. He had also seen a couple of videos of them performing together. The chemistry they have on stage was unbelievable. And as much as Jonghyun didn’t want to admit it, there was attraction between the 2 of them. He could see that Chaerin struggled with herself to push back her attraction towards Jiyong. The reason why he decided to tell her very directly how he felt about her was because he wanted her to know that she is loved. He wanted her to know that being brave with expressing her feelings would make the other person feel good. And if she realized that she loves Jiyong, he hoped that his action would give her courage to approach him and tell him the truth.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi?”

 

Jonghyun turned back to see a stage manager calling him. He thought he might have moved to a spot that he wasn’t allowed to. He was going to apologize when he got a shock at what the stage manager said.

 

“You are going to be part of the stage in about 15 minutes. We have to get you to stand at the other side of the stage. You have to move to the 2nd chair. You will be CL’s partner.”

 

“What am I supposed to do? She didn’t tell me anything.”

 

“You just have to sit there.”

 

“O..K..”

 

“Please follow me.”

 

When Jonghyun arrived at the other side of the stage, he could actually see the girls perform on stage. His eyes were riveted on Chaerin. No one could have made him take his eyes off her.

 

My girl is amazing.

 

His thought surprised him. Although he knew that he loves her, but the idea that she’s his wasn’t there until now. But he smiled. She’s his.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi, please standby.”

 

Jonghyun nodded at the stage manager. At the stage manager’s cue, Jonghyun walked onto stage. When Chaerin saw him, she smiled at him and walked towards him. When she held his hand, the crowd went wild. At the same time, the audience was shocked to see Jonghyun, especially when the other members’ partners were the dancers.

 

When Chaerin got Jonghyun to sit down on the chair and she sat on her lap, he shifted uncomfortably. Chaerin turned to look at him questioningly. He leaned forward slightly and whispered in her ear.

 

“Chaerin, what’s happening?”

 

“Oppa, this is my surprise for you. Thank you for everything today.”

 

After Bom finished her dance with her partner and Minzy started her routine, Chaerin sat up straight to get ready for her turn. Immediately after Dara ended her dance, Chaerin started her routine. The cheers was deafening. When she walked behind Jonghyun, lifted her leg and put it over his shoulders then bent down, Jonghyun turned and their lips brushed each other ever so gently. It left everyone guessing because Chaerin’s hair covered them. Their eyes met.

 

“You owe me a proper kiss for this impromptu performance.”

 

Chaerin just smiled and nodded.

 

When the lights fade to black, Chaerin removed her leg from Jonghyun’s shoulder. She lost her balance but Jonghyun was quick to hold onto her. Chaerin had to change into her next outfit so she didn’t have much time to linger. She rushed off after hugging him hurriedly. When Jonghyun reached backstage, Jun came up to him and told him that it was almost time to leave for his schedule. He told him that he would just go say goodbye to Chaerin but Jun said that the girls were already on standby for the next segment. Jonghyun was a little upset then since he would have liked to stay for the entire concert or at least be able to say goodbye to Chaerin. He sent Chaerin a message, asking her to call him after the concert ended.

 

The media went crazy. Even before the concert ended, the photos of Jonghyun as the special guest for the y dance were all over the Internet. It didn’t help that the headlines were really sensationalized too.

 

The Big Bang boys who were enjoying their BBQ party didn’t really want to check their news articles about 2NE1 till much later. However, Jiyong couldn’t wait anymore and searched for 2NE1 on Naver. When he saw all the pictures of Jonghyun on stage with Chaerin, he let out a roar of frustration.

 

“What’s wrong, Ji? Did Boss want you back at the company tomorrow?”

 

Youngbae, seeing that Jiyong’s phone had a picture of Chaerin bent over Jonghyun, shook his head.

 

“It’s just Chaerin and Jonghyun’s guesting for the y dance component.”

 

“JUST? Youngbae, it’s not JUST! The headlines and pictures are everywhere!”

 

Seungri, having used his own phone to do a search, saw all the photos and headlines. He started reading each one of the headlines.

 

Hong Jonghyun-CL, Lovers?

Hong Jonghyun, CL’s Secret Man?

Hong Jonghyun-CL y Dance!!

Hong Jonghyun-CL’s First Kiss on Stage?

 

“Woah! First kiss on stage? Let me see!”

 

TOP snatched the phone out of Seungri’s hand and looked at the photo. Daesung and Youngbae leaned in to take a look as well. Jiyong was already on the phone calling Chaerin.

 

“The concert hasn’t ended yet, Ji. She probably won’t pick up the call right now.”

 

Jiyong ended the call, took a deep breath in a bid to calm himself down.

 

“Just don’t look at the pictures. It’s just a performance.”

 

“Bae, do you really think so? Chae doesn’t just bring anyone onto stage with her. And we saw the dance, it’s really provocative. Why would she do something that would cause rumors between her and Jonghyun?”

 

“It could be good publicity for WGM. After all, now everyone would be asking why he was on stage with her.”

 

“Bae, I can see that it’s great publicity for the show but I don’t want her to be too closely associated with Jonghyun. It would be difficult to break the couple image that they are going to have once the show starts airing. Once the public accepts them as a couple, even if it’s just for a reality TV show, the effect is going to be strong. And we all know that there is the possibility of them becoming a real couple. If they ever go public with their relationship and break up later on, the damage can be quite devastating.”

 

“Not to mention, if you were the one who manages to win her heart, you would be regarded as the bad guy, the third party. There is probably the biggest irony since you were there first. Then, there would be the questioning of how real it is, etc.”

 

“Going on WGM is always a double-edged sword. You would gain the couple fans, but people would be questioning how real everything is every step of the way. But with Chaerin, there is the understanding that she’s not the type to do what she doesn’t want to. I’m sure the production team would ask her why she decided to go on the show. She won’t even hesitate to say it’s because she’s allowed to plan what happens on the show.”

 

“Really? She’s allowed to plan what they want?”

 

“Their first meeting was all planned by Jonghyun, right? I’m sure the food support at the concert venue today was also planned by Jonghyun. I’m not too sure if Chaerin told WGM crew about the surprise stage but both of them are actually in-charge of the planning.”

 

“Jonghyun did food support for the girls today? How did you know?”

 

“Oh, Manager hyung messaged me just now and told me jokingly to find someone who would provide food support the way Jonghyun did for the whole staff. I saw pictures. The food was from a high-end caterer and everything looked amazing even I want to be there. And he totally revamped the resting area for Chaerin. Honestly, if I were Chaerin, I would feel very loved and looked after. Boss was there and he was impressed too.”

 

“Jonghyun is coming on strong, I must say.”

 

“It’s just for the show.”

 

“So says the man who said it wasn’t just for the show just 5 minutes ago.”

 

“If it’s just spending money, Chaerin won’t be impressed. You know how she’s like.”

 

“Yes, but he didn’t spend money on her. He spent money looking after her and the people she works with. You know how that is more important to her ”

 

“But…”

 

Before Jiyong could go on, he heard the beep that indicated a new update on Instagram from one of the people he follows. He quickly opened it because there’s only one person on his list.

 

porridge.jpg

 

Food for my soul. Thank you. :)

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“Chaerin updated her Instagram.”

 

“Ok, and what’s with the look on your face? You look like you just swallowed a bitter pill.”

 

“She posted a picture of a bowl of porridge and her caption obviously indicated that someone made it or bought it for her. I have a nagging suspicion that it’s Jonghyun. She didn’t even post the lunch I sent her.”

 

“Well, you did it on her behalf. You know how the couple fans get when she post anything related to you.”

 

“But now, people will know it’s probably someone else and not me. And they are going to guess Jonghyun since he was there at the concert and I wasn’t.”

 

“It’s bound to happen for WGM. Don’t worry, some people would just see it as publicity for the show. Maybe, during the time that she’s on the show, it’s better for you to not be seen being too close to her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You would put her in a difficult and embarrassing situation.”

 

“This is so frustrating, really!”

 

“I know, but that’s the way it is. At least you have a taste of what it means to lose her.”

 

“Well, I hope I won’t.”

 

“We hope you won’t too. But it’s going to be different for sure. For once, she’s probably going to tell you that she can’t be too close to you because of another guy.”

 

“I’m going to hate that.”

 

Youngbae shrugged and was about to respond when Jiyong’s phone rang. When Jiyong saw who the caller was, he broke out in a grin and walked away from the boys.

 

“That must be Chaerin. He’s an obvious idiot.”

 

“The only person who can make him happy, or upset is her right now.”

 

“I hope he doesn’t bring up the y dance because that would just…”

 

TOP was about to continue when they heard Jiyong shouting over the phone.

 

“What do you mean it’s just a performance? Lee Chaerin, I have seen you practice that dance. It’s provocative! You silly girl! Don’t you know what that does to a guy?!!”

 

On the other side of the line, Chaerin rolled her eyes. But she had predicted that this would happen with Jiyong so she wasn’t angry.

 

“Jiyong oppa, don’t shout, you are going to scare the other Big Bang oppas. It’s a performance, it’s over.”

 

“Chae, the photos and articles are all over the Internet, why would you want people to link the two of you up?”

 

“Oppa, I’m on WGM with Jonghyun oppa. Every week, there will be articles about us before and after the broadcast of the show. It’s something I have to get used to.”

 

“But…”

 

“Alright, oppa, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Are the other oppas coming for the concert?”

 

“I’m not sure. I didn’t ask them. Most probably just Youngbae is coming for the concert but they should all be there for the after-party. What time are you going to be at the venue?”

 

“1pm.”

 

“Do you need me to get lunch for you or should I pick you up for lunch?”

 

“If you want to. I’d be at the company in the morning though.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I want to finish writing the song that I started on and if there’s time, I want to record a demo.”

 

“What time are you going to be there? I’d go and look for you at the company then.”

 

“I’d probably be there at around 8am. That would give me at least 3 hours to finish up before lunch then off to the concert hall.”

 

“Alright, I’d see you tomorrow then. You’d better go and rest now.”

 

“Yes, sir! You have fun with the other oppas. Send my regards and love to them~”

 

“Ok. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight, oppa~”

 

After ending the call with Chaerin, Jiyong walked back to the boys.

 

“Chaerin sends her regards and love to all of you. Are you guys coming for the concert tomorrow?”

 

“I can’t make it since I have a meeting for the movie. But I would try to come for the after-party.”

 

“I’m recording my Japanese album tomorrow. Not quite sure if I would make it in time for the concert but I’d rush down for the after-party.”

 

“I have to go to the coffee shop tomorrow to make an appearance. I might be there for the concert but the after-party, I will definitely be there.”

 

“Of course you would, at least you don’t have to trouble people to open the club for you.”

 

“No, I want to see Chaerin. It’s been a while and she’s always fun after she had a few drinks.”

 

“Don’t you dare touch her!”

 

“I’m not going to, but I’m definitely going to buy her drinks.”

 

“You just stay away from her.”

 

“I’m just joking, Ji hyung, chill.”

 

“Yes, you are going to drive her and yourself crazy if you are going to go into mother hen mode tomorrow. We are not the threats, but there will always be others.”

 

“No matter what, I don’t want anyone near her tomorrow at the after-party.”

 

“Just don’t drink too much and end up having her take care of you. I’d go to the concert and the after-party with you.”

 

“Good, you would keep me under control.”

 

“If you want to be under control. You can be a little irrational when it comes to Chaerin.”

 

“Bae hyung, what do you mean ‘a little irrational’? Ji hyung is crazy when it comes to Chaerin.”

 

Jiyong just smiled at Seungri’s statement. He was right though, he’s crazy when it comes to Chaerin. He just refused to admit it in the past but now, he wished he had. All he could hope for now is that it’s not too late yet.

 

After another hour or so, the boys went back to their rooms and fell asleep. Jiyong took out his phone and went to the protected photo album. He keyed in the password and once he got in, he started looking through all the photos that he kept inside. Seeing photos of him and Chaerin through the years put a smile on his face. But he frowned when he realized that there were fewer photos of them together as the years passed. The other thing he didn’t, or never acknowledged before was how much adoration he could see in his own eyes for the girl in the pictures with him. If he were honest to himself, he would also see the affections and the obvious adoration that Chaerin has for him too. But he could also see that it slowly faded through the years as well. He wanted her to look at him with the affections and adoration she had for him previously. But even more than just plain affections and adoration, he wanted her to look at him with love. He knew that it wasn’t going to be easy but when he finally got it from her, he would be the happiest man on earth and she would be the happiest girl too because he’s going to make sure of that.


Chaerin ah, please, look at me.