EPISODE 1

I GOT MARRIED TO MY OPPA(S)?!!

EPISODE I

 

Paris Fashion Week F/W 2014

Chanel Showcase

25 February 2014, 1pm CET

 

Chaerin was in the audience waiting for the Chanel Showcase to start. But unlike her previous outings, she was alone today. While she puts on her smiles every time someone talked to her or wanted a picture, she was nervous and painfully aware of the rolling camera right across from her. People around thought that it was just another TV station covering the Chanel showcase in Paris but Chaerin knew better.

 

She took out her clutch and took out the envelope that was passed to her 2 weeks ago. While she was expecting it to arrive, the shock of being chosen to be on the show was still there. She opened the envelope and took out the card inside, reading the instructions one more time.

 

TO: New Bride CL

Congratulations! You are the new bride for WGM! Being a well-known fashionista, it seemed only right that you meet your make-believe hubby at one of the shows during Paris Fashion Week. In fact, this was his request, knowing how much you wanted to go.

 

As for which show it is, we would like to keep it in suspense till the time arrives. The production team would pick you up on 23 February, 9pm for your flight to Paris. We will brief you about the schedule then.

 

Chaerin remembered her surprise when YG called her into his office a month back and introduced her to the PD of WGM.

 

17 January 2014

YGE Building

 

Chaerin walked into YG’s office. She was recording for their upcoming concert and was a little miffed to have to stop and go up to the boss’ office. But it was a grueling process and maybe, just a little, she was glad for the break.

 

When she arrived at YG’s office, she was ushered into the office almost immediately by the secretary. She opened the door and was about to ask YG what did he want to talk to her about when she realized that there was another person in the room. She politely bowed to both her boss and the other person.

 

“Chaerin ah, this is PD Jo. She is in-charge of MBC’s ‘We Got Married’.”

 

“Jo PD-nim, it’s a pleasure to meet you. ‘We Got Married’? Is that the show that Dara unnie wants to go on?”

 

“Our Chaerin doesn’t spend a lot of time watching TV, so please forgive her.”

 

“Oh, don’t worry. Part of the reason why we want to have CL-ssi on our show is because she knows pretty much close to zero about the show. Untainted response would make the show more real and more enjoyable for all parties involved.”

 

By this time, Chaerin had a bad feeling that she had been targeted to go on the show. She frowned, looked at Jo PD first then at YG.

 

“Boss, are you telling me that you want me to go on the show? Why? Especially when Dara unnie really wants to go on the show. I don’t have a favorable image in the public’s eyes won’t it be disastrous if I go on the show?”

 

Both Jo PD and YG broke out in laughter since it was rare that they saw Chaerin actually freaking out about something.

 

“CL, the reason why we want to cast you is because you are honest. Part of the reason why the general public doesn’t have a good opinion of you is mainly because of your stage persona. Through our show, we are hoping that we can change that. We don’t need a perfect version of you on TV. We want the real you. So, do not feel restricted by the fact that it is a TV program. Don’t try to make it interesting, just let things happen naturally and react accordingly. I believe you have the ability to capture people’s attention.”

 

“But PD-nim, would a lot of the events be scripted? I don’t know how I feel about acting out a script. I know it’s just a make-believe show but I strongly believe that if it’s fake, people will know and they won’t want to watch it.”

 

“Actually, this time round we are going to try something new. We want the couple, which means you and your make-believe husband, to be actively involved in the production process. You can tell us what you want to do for each episode. So, while it might be a secret to your other half, the production team actually knows what to prepare. Though there’s still the element of a plan beforehand, but it’s something that you want to do for or with the other person.”

 

“Ok…”

 

“So it’s decided. We will sign the contract with YGE by the end of this week after we ironed out the details. Thank you for agreeing to this proposal, Yang sajangnim. We will make sure that we make CL look good.”

 

“That I have no doubts, not just because the production team is a good one but also because CL never disappoints. Thank you for giving us a chance to be on ‘We Got Married’.”

 

“No, we should thank you since YGE had never been really interested in the show even though we had contacted your company many times.”

 

“Well, mostly because this time round, you wanted Chaerin to be on the show. If it were anyone else, I would have said no.”

 

“By the way, we won’t be announcing the new couple till after we air the first episode. We would create the hype that there would be a new couple but we won’t reveal who they are before the 1st episode.”

 

“That’s alright. I think it’d be better to gauge the reaction of the public after they have watched the first episode.”

 

“PD-nim, I have one question. Do I know my make-believe husband?”

 

To that, both the PD and YG simply smiled.

 

“You will know when the time comes. Thank you once again, Yang sajangnim and CL. I’d make a move first.”

 

After the PD left, Chaerin turned to her boss but before she could even say anything, YG talked first.

 

“Chaerin, I know what you want to ask. I also know Dara has been wanting to go on this show but she had already done something similar back when she was active in Philippines. When the PD first contacted me, I was going to reject them point-blank, thinking that they were going to cast Dara in it. But they surprised me and got my interest when they said they wanted you to be on the show. I know you think that variety shows are not your forte but Chaerin, you are different from other female artistes. You are very honest and that surprisingly is like a breath of fresh air from all the ‘scripted’ reactions. If it’s a program that only requires scripted reactions, I would send Dara but people are probably more curious about how you would react to any given situations. Even I’m curious about how you would react and I know you well. The whole idea of seeing how you are like in a relationship makes me curious.”

 

“But Boss, is it even realistic for me to take part in this program? There’s 2NE1’s world tour and YG Family world tour running concurrently. The schedule is going to be tight.”

 

“Chaerin, I’d be honest. 2NE1 will need all the publicity you can get for this world tour in order for us to make a profit. We need the ticket sales and I know that with the YG Family World Tour, ticketing would definitely be affected. You girls wanted the concerts, I’m giving it to you but know that the company is taking a big risk. You know as well as I do that the clock is ticking on 2NE1. Which is why I want you on this show. You still have so much more to show and it’s not fair to let you showcase only to the fans who love 2NE1. I’m quite sure you will win the other age groups over as well. The schedule would be tight and you would probably be tired out, but you are also one of the strongest person I know.”

 

“You know who’s going to paired up with me right?”

 

“I do, but I won’t tell. All I would say is that it would be interesting.”

 

“I can almost see you rubbing your hands in glee. Does Dara unnie know that I’m going to be on the show?”

 

“Not yet, but I’m quite sure words would be spreading soon since the PD had been here. Do not tell anyone that you are the one, not even your members. We’ll wait till after the 1st episode airs.”

 

“Alright, but you know Dara unnie is going to be disappointed. Why are you not allowing her to go on variety shows or let her take part in a drama?”

 

“Chaerin, if there were offers, I’d let her go. There were some but when the project team talked to her about them, she refused them. After a while, production teams stopped asking. And honestly, she’s not that interesting on variety shows. Her reactions are too predictable and the last time you girls were on ‘Running Man’, she barely made an impression. It’s like whatever she’s showing, people have already seen it before.”

 

“Ok, well, I have to go since I was called out in the middle of recording. Do I have to be present for the contract signing for WGM?”

 

“I doubt so, but if you need to be there, I’d let you know in advance. How’s the preparation for the concert?”

 

“Slow, but things are slowly coming together now that we have finalized the setlist.”

 

“Good. I’d visit soon to check on the progress.”

 

Chaerin nodded and stood up to leave. Outside YG’s office, she ran into Jiyong and Youngbae.

 

“Chaerin ah, what are you doing here?”

 

“Bae oppa, Jiyong oppa, Boss wanted to ask about the progress of our concert preparations. What about you?”

 

“Not too sure actually, he just asked us to come upstairs because he wanted to talk to us about something.”

 

“Oh ok, alright then, I’d see you guys around then. Have a great day~”

 

Chaerin walked away, leaving her 2 oppas staring at her.

 

“She has really grown up on us, hasn’t she? She’s so much prettier now.”

 

Youngbae voiced out his thoughts and while he didn’t say anything, Jiyong agreed with the observation made. Chaerin has definitely grown up and she looked amazing.

 

“I wonder if she has a boyfriend…”

 

“I don’t think so. She’s always at the company, where does she find the time to go dating?”

 

“Well, she obviously had a date on Christmas and in the middle of the night at that.”

 

Again, that caught Jiyong’s tongue. He was woken by the notification that Chaerin had posted a new photo on Instagram. He thought it would have been a picture of her with the girls after their performance at the Xmas Mega Party but he was shocked to see a photo of her at the arcade. Her hashtag said she was with ‘ma brozzz’. He had always wanted to know who it was but was too prideful to ask.

 

“Wasn’t she with you?”

 

“Well, she did ask me…”

 

“WHAT?! She asked you? Why didn’t she ask me?”

 

“You are always busy so she thought it’d be better if you rested. I didn’t go because I had to go to church and spend time with my family. Now I felt a little bad because she was all alone in Korea.”

 

“So who did she go out with?”

 

“I don’t know. I didn’t ask her but it looked like she had a great time.”

 

“Bae, have you ever wondered how you would feel if Chaerin has a boyfriend?”

 

But before Youngbae could answer, YG’s secretary ushered them into his office. But the question loomed over their heads as they entered the office.

 

Back at the Chanel showcase, the show was about to start. Chaerin’s nerves was at an all-time high. The suspense was killing her. She was not good at having things kept from her. But the lights went dark and the show began. She turned her attention to the collection. After all, it’s not everyday that she got to view the collection of one of her favorite brands. As she looked on, she took photos of which outfit she wanted to bring back for her own wardrobe.

 

But when the next model walked out, she got the shock of her life. It was Soo Hyuk! She didn’t know that he was going to walk for Paris Fashion Week since he said he was going to focus on his acting career in Korea this year. But his outfit caught her eyes and she took quite a number of photos.

 

That wasn’t the only surprise that awaited her though. The next model who walked out was none other than Jonghyun. She smiled a little to herself, thinking how Soo Hyuk and Jonghyun were joined at the hip like Siamese Twins. When you see one, more often than not, you would see the other. Jonghyun was dashing as well, with his hair styled casually.

 

‘His outfit would be perfect for Jiyong oppa if he was a little taller.’

 

Laughing at her own thoughts, she took the photos and when he came near to her, she gave him a smile. Though he didn’t return the smile, she knew he saw her.

 

As Jonghyun neared the exit, and the next model appeared, there was a bit of a stir. And cameras were going off all over the place. Chaerin looked up and her eyes went as big as a saucer when she saw who was walking down the runway. It was none other than TOP himself! Now, that was a total surprise. While she knew that Jiyong and Youngbae turned down the offer to walk the runway for the Mens collection during Paris Fashion Week, she didn’t know that TOP was also given the same offer.

 

She snapped tons of photos of TOP and she thought she saw him wink at her when he walked past her.

 

‘All these oppas keeping it a secret that they were also heading to Paris.’

 

When the main designer for Chanel came out, Chaerin stood up and clapped. He walked down the runway and then he stopped in front of Chaerin and held out his hand towards her. She looked at his hand questioningly and he leaned forward to whisper to her in French.

 

“You have to follow me backstage. This is a special stage, especially for you.”

 

Chaerin blinked, but put her hand in his and walked down the runway with the main designer. She put on her best smile because she knew the cameras were clicking away. The moment they walked off stage, she could hear an announcement about the special stage.

 

‘Her expression is too precious. Aigoo~ Now, I’m getting nervous.’

 

Unknown to Chaerin, her hubby-to-be was observing the whole scene in the black room prepared by the MBC production team. In fact, he had been observing her before he walked the runway and after.

 

Before anyone could explain to her exactly what was happening, she was whisked away by the stylists. She was dressed in a beautiful dress and her make-up was touched up on. Her hair was also re-styled. But in less than 15 minutes, she was ready to walk the runway. Just then, a member from the WGM production team walked up to her.

 

“Chaerin-ssi, you will be meeting your make-believe husband now.”

 

“WHAT?! In front of the media here?!”

 

“Yes~ Your make-believe husband planned the whole thing. We thought it’s an amazing idea. Don’t worry, you will do fine. He will guide you through it.”

 

“Well, I don’t have a choice. This is about as unscripted as it can get.”

 

Chaerin laughed, trying to reassure the production team member and also herself. She took a deep breath and stood in front of the entrance, next to the stage manager waiting for her cue. When the lights dimmed, and she could hear the music fade. She closed her eyes for a second, trying to focus. She can’t mess this up because international media was present.

 

When the music came back on, Chaerin was surprised to hear that it was an instrumental track from one of her favorite movies. She had always pictured it being played at her own wedding. She frowned a little because not many people actually know about this.

 

“Please stand by, and you are on in 5, 4, 3, 2…”

 

Chaerin stepped out onto the runway and paused before catching onto the beat of the music and she glided along with it. The dress with its champagne gold corset top emphasized her figure. The slit that came up to mid-thigh on the left side showed off her legs. The train, with crystals beads sewn on, reflected the light and gave off a mystical aura around her. The simple lace and netting hat that was on her head finished the look. She looked elegant, y and ethereal at the same time.

 

It was until she was reaching the turn in the runway that she realized that the main designer, together with a host from MBC, was standing there. When she reached his side, he held out his hand for her. Chaerin put her hand in his and gave him a beautiful smile. Cameras clicked, and both turned a little so the cameras could get a picture.

 

After the cameras stopped clicking, the host finally announced the reason for this special stage. He told the media that this was actually part of a TV show in South Korea. When asked, the main designer of Chanel said he had always wanted to meet Chaerin and have her as a model for his show and this was indeed an honor. The dress was actually designed specifically with her in mind, in collaboration with her partner in the show. Upon hearing this, Chaerin was actually quite touched by the effort put in by her make-believe husband to make their first meeting an unforgettable one.

 

“And now, it’s almost time to introduce the male lead. But before that, let’s call upon Miss CL to make a guess on who the mysterious man could be. I’d give you a clue, he’s from our country as well.”

 

‘So it has to be one of the 3 oppas… But who… While I know all of them, I’m not particularly close to any of them… Unless…’

 

“Well, can I have another clue?”

 

“He is taller than you.”

 

At that, Chaerin laughed, her tinkling laughter put a sparkle in her eyes which set off another round of camera clicks.

 

“Sir, they are all taller than I am! That’s not a clue!”

 

“Ok, out of the 3, who would you want as your make-believe husband?”

 

“I don’t know, all 3 of them are very eligible bachelor. It’s a very difficult choice but if I have to choose one, I think I would go with Mr. Hong Jonghyun.”

 

The host showed surprise on his face but recovered quickly enough.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because Jonghyun oppa is someone I really want to get to know better. TOP oppa is a fellow colleague so we actually know each other quite well and Soo Hyuk is not the easiest person to get along with, though we do get along well. Jonghyun oppa is probably the one I know least about so it’d be fun to get to know him better.”

 

“So, are you ready to meet your make-believe hubby now?”

 

“As ready as I can be, I guess.”

 

“Then, let’s bring him on~”

 

The lights dimmed again and music flowed out. She turned towards the other exit where her ‘groom’ would be coming out from. When the lights came back on and when she saw all 3 of her oppas standing at the entrance, she had her puzzled look on her face. And before she could stop herself, she said the first thing that came to her mind.

 

“I know I’m the baddest female but I don’t think I can handle being married to 3 guys, even if it’s make-believe.”

 

This caused the audience to laugh but when all 3 of them started moving, even the audience was puzzled. Chaerin couldn’t take her eyes off her 3 oppas. She would admit that she found all 3 of them captivating, after all, all 3 of them are very good-looking especially Soo Hyuk and TOP. But her eyes kept going back to Jonghyun.

 

About one-third of the way, all 3 of them stopped in their tracks. Chaerin looked on anxiously, wondering what would happen next. When the music changed, only 2 of them, Soo Hyuk and Jonghyun walked on. TOP managed to catch Chaerin’s eyes and he put a hand over his heart and had a really sad expression on his face. Then he winked and this made Chaerin smiled.

 

At the second ‘checkpoint’, Soo Hyuk and Jonghyun stopped again. Chaerin looked at both of them and gave them her best smile with an amused look on her face. The 2 oppas, having seen her smile, couldn’t help the smile that appeared on their faces as well. Seeing this, Chaerin smiled even broader and showed them her famous eye-smile.

 

‘Stop~ Aigoo~ This girl has no idea that with that eye-smile, she can get me or anyone for that matter to do anything she wants.”

 

“So, now it’s down to 2. Let’s talk to the two men and ask how they are feeling right now. So, one of you is going to be ‘married’ to this beautiful lady, how are you feeling right now?”

 

Both of them looked up at Chaerin and Soo Hyuk made the move to take the microphone from the host.

 

“First and foremost, Chaerin, you look fabulous. My heart is beating real fast right now and if I’m really the one selected to go into this make-believe marriage with Chaerin, it’d be an honor.”

 

Soo Hyuk passed the microphone over to Jonghyun. He took it and then looked at Chaerin. He started to speak but was overwhelmed by his own nervousness. Chaerin could see that he needed encouragement so she put up her hands in a ‘fighting’ gesture and mouthed the words. That caused Jonghyun to grin and laugh a little.

 

“I’m so nervous right now but just from what happened a minute ago, I know that if I were the one who’s going into the make-believe marriage with Chaerin, I would know the real meaning behind the saying, ‘Behind every successful man, there’s always a formidable woman’. I’d be a very lucky man.”

 

Hearing what he said, Chaerin smiled and winked mischieviously at Jonghyun. The microphone went back to the host’s hand.

 

“Alright, the moment that everyone, especially Miss CL, has been waiting for! Would the real make-believe groom please step forward in 3, 2…”

 

Chaerin bit her bottom lip. While she was alright with either one of the oppas being her partner for the show, she really wanted it to be Jonghyun, mainly because getting to know him would be a real experience compared to Soo Hyuk. So when Soo Hyuk started to take a step forward, she was a tad disappointed but she kept her smile on.

 

The next moment, however, Jonghyun held Soo Hyuk’s shoulders and stopped him in mid-step. He took a bigger step than Soo Hyuk had taken and walked closer towards Chaerin. He turned to look at Soo Hyuk and gave him a smirk.

 

“Sorry bro, Chaerin is mine.”

 

With that, he walked towards Chaerin and took out a square box. When he was in front of her, he went down on one knee.

 

“Lee Chaerin, would you marry me?”

 

Chaerin was surprised at the tears that spilled out of her eyes and when Jonghyun saw that, he got off his knees and wiped away her tears with his hands.

 

“Am I that bad that you are crying at my proposal? But I thought you said you want to be married to me?”

 

“No…”

 

“No, you don’t want to?”

 

“No, you are not bad. I’m just a little overwhelmed because the proposal was not something I expect.”

 

“I’m going to ask again then.”

 

With that, Jonghyun repeated his question.

 

“Lee Chaerin, would you marry me?”

 

Chaerin nodded and Jonghyun took the ring out of the box and put it on the middle finger of her left hand. Chaerin was surprised yet again because the ring fitted her perfectly. She looked at Jonghyun questioningly but was only answered with a grin of his. Jonghyun took another step closer and then cupped Chaerin’s face with both his hands before leaning in to give her a kiss on her forehead and then embraced her.

 

The cameras went crazy, the WGM production team was surprised but Jo PD had a good feeling about this new couple. None of the actions that Jonghyun was doing now was actually scripted. The reaction that both of them have towards each other was also real and not scripted.

 

“Is this really a TV show? They look like a real couple!”

 

“If my boyfriend did everything he did, I’d marry him immediately!”

 

The reaction from the people around the WGM cameras was what they were hoping for. People could feel the realness of these 2 people.

 

When Jonghyun released Chaerin from the hug, he took her hand in his and held it. Both of them looked at their joined hands and then looked up to find each other’s eyes. Chaerin smiled and stuck out her tongue in embarrassment and that prompted Jonghyun to pinch her cheeks. Almost forgetting that the cameras were still on them, Chaerin frowned and pouted.

 

“Oppa~”

 

“Aigoo~ Is that aegyo you are showing? Where’s the Baddest Female?”

 

“Oppa.”

 

Chaerin’s tone turned serious almost immediately and that was kind of alarming to Jonghyun. His contact with Chaerin was limited to when he met up with her with the other boys so he panicked and was worried that she was angry.

 

“I’m sor…”

 

Chaerin burst out laughing.

 

“Oppa~ You are so easily tricked!”

 

“Alright, as much as I hate to interrupt this interaction between you, we have to wrap this up now. Once again, we would like to thank Chanel Paris for allowing us to do this special stage. We would like to wish Hong Jonghyun and Lee Chaerin aka CL a lovely marriage.”

 

Jonghyun and Chaerin bowed, first to Chanel main designer, and then to the audience. The designer came forward to shake their hands and congratulate them. When he told Chaerin that the dress was hers to keep, Chaerin was too happy for words and thanked him profusely. After that, he left the runway to the great applause from the audience. The couple left next, followed by Soo Hyuk and TOP.

 

The production team then took over. They gave out the official press release for the event and asked for the cooperation of all present to not mention ‘We Got Married’ in any of their reports and to treat it as a special stage that they did in collaboration with Chanel as they were trying to keep them out of the limelight as the new WGM couple.

 

To the press present, it was of no importance what special program it was. What they did get was the showcase of an amazing dress and coupled with a storyline, it was already newsworthy without mentioning the program. Everyone present signed the agreement and was then ushered out of the venue to the reception that MBC had prepared for them.

 

Backstage, after Chaerin got out of the dress and changed back into her own clothes, she went in search of the oppas’ dressing room. But the moment she opened the door to her dressing room, she saw Jonghyun and one of the cameraman from MBC. She was a tad surprised and then used her hand to ask if the camera was rolling. Jonghyun nodded and then held out his hand to her. She smiled and put her hand in his.

 

“Where are we going, oppa?”

 

“To meet the other guys. We are supposed to have a celebratory meal with them.”

 

“Oh… Oppa, I want to thank you for arranging everything. It was so romantic and dreamlike. But how did you find out so much of the details?”

 

“Your oppas were a great source of information. They like talking about you so all I needed to do was mention your name and things come pouring out. It’s actually quite amusing that none of them actually detected anything out of the norm that I was asking all those questions about you.”

 

“Heol! These oppas, I assume you are talking about Xin oppa, Jiyong oppa, Bae oppa and Soo Hyuk oppa! They are such ahjummas sometimes I swear!”

 

“Actually not just them. The other Big Bang members were a great source of information too. But I want to know more about you from you. So let’s get along well, ok?”

 

In that time, they had already walked out of the venue and Jonghyun ushered her to the limousine that he had prepared to take them to the restaurant. The others had already left in a different car.

 

“Oppa, let’s take a photo so I can upload it on my Instagram. You should be more active on Instagram.”

 

“Are you going to keep track of me?”

 

“No, I mean outside of this program, we are friends and knowing what you did over the time that we do not see each other would help to facilitate conversation, don’t you think?”

 

“You don’t have to find out about what I’m doing via SNS. We can always talk on the phone or send each other messages. But ok, I’d be more active on Instagram. After all, I have to keep an eye on you!”

 

“Oppa, you need to know something about me. While I’d take more care in what I post, especially when it will affect both of us, I won’t pretend to be someone I’m not.”

 

“I’m not asking you to. In my line of work, I have contact with too many people who are simply not comfortable in their own skin. You are someone who I always admired for staying true to yourself, so please don’t change that.”

 

Chaerin smiled then took out her phone and the two of them started taking photos. They had so much fun doing different poses that they didn’t even notice that the limousine had come to a stop until the driver knocked on their window to get their attention before opening the door. Both of them was in the midst of taking a photo.

 

“Sir, you have arrived at your destination.”

 

Jonghyun nodded and Chaerin thanked the driver in French before getting down. Even though the camera wasn’t following them, Jonghyun still held out his hand for Chaerin to hold. She smiled at the gentlemanly gesture and put her hand in his.

 

“Oppa, are we going to hold hands everywhere we go, even when the camera is not on us? We might really be mistaken as a real couple you know. What would happen to all those fangirls of yours?”

 

“You are my wife now. Why do I have to care about what others have to say?”

 

“Oppa, don’t you think it’s better if we draw a clear line? After all, this is a make-believe show and one day it would end.”

 

“Well, as long as we know what we are doing, that’s good enough. Unless you are going to fall for me?”

 

“Aigoo~ Don’t joke about such things! Let’s go before the other oppas sent the police to come look for us.”

 

Jonghyun looked at his watch and saw that it was about time. He guided Chaerin through the front garden of the restaurant they were going to have their meal at. Once they entered the restaurant, Chaerin was awed by the subtle yet luxurious decor. After Jonghyun told the manager his name, they were led to the back of the restaurant and brought to another smaller house connected to the main restaurant. When they arrived at the door of the house, Jonghyun thanked the manager and sent him on his way back. Once again, he looked at his watch and then smiled when he saw the time.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“Oppa, we are just having a meal with the other oppas, right?”

 

“Alright, let’s go~”

 

The moment Jonghyun opened the door and Chaerin was ushered into the room, Chaerin was greeted with ‘SURPRISE!’. After getting over her shock, she saw that other than the oppas, her sister, Harin, was there as well. She went forward and gave her a hug. With the concert preparations, she had not been able to talk to her sister much and had missed her a lot. Just when Chaerin thought she couldn’t be more surprised, the lights in the house were switched off and Jonghyun came out carrying a birthday cake.

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to my dear Chaerin, happy birthday to you!”

 

“But my birthday is tomorrow…”

 

Just then her phone beeped and she saw that it was a message from Jiyong.

 

FROM: JIYONG OPPA

Chaerin, happy birthday!! Where are you?!!

 

That was when she realized that with the time difference, it was already her birthday in Korea. She looked up at Jonghyun, again, touched by what he had prepared. Without words, she thanked him and he nodded, showing his understanding.

 

“Make a wish and blow out the candles so we can get this party started~!!”

 

Chaerin looked at Jonghyun briefly before closing her eyes to make her wish then blew off the candles. Jonghyun put the cake on the table and then gestured for all of them to sit down so the meal could start. He pulled out the chair for Chaerin and waited for her to sit before pushing the chair in.

 

“Oh my, Jonghyun, are you going to go all lovey-dovey on us whenever Chaerin is with us?”

 

Soo Hyuk finally couldn’t stand it anymore and had to say something. From the special stage just now to what Jonghyun had prepared for Chaerin to how Chaerin was looking at Jonghyun, it was pissing him off. Although he didn’t know what exactly was sparking off these feelings of annoyance and frustration, he was definitely feeling it.

 

But Jonghyun and Chaerin were actually talking to each other and didn’t even hear what Soo Hyuk said. He was about to raise his voice when Xin gave his shoulders a squeeze. When Soo Hyuk turned to look at him, he just shook his head. Soo Hyuk took a deep breath and then settled down in his seat.

 

Just then, Chaerin’s phone rang and she saw that it was Jiyong who was calling. It was then she remembered that he had sent her a message just now. She looked at Jonghyun and then showed him that Jiyong was calling. He motioned for her to answer the call, then turned to the waiter to get him to bring out the food. Chaerin slid her finger across her phone screen to answer the call.

 

“Jiyong oppa~ Thank you~ I got your message just now~”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Paris.”

 

“WHAT?! You are in Paris? How come? Your concert is in 3 days!”

 

“I have a separate schedule.”

 

“Who are you with?”

 

Instead of answering, Chaerin switched the call to a video call and once it was connected, she turned the phone towards the rest of the people.

 

“Everyone, say hi to Jiyong oppa~”

 

A whole chorus of hellos went up and everyone started talking at the same time. All Jiyong managed to catch was ‘special show’, ‘Chanel’, ‘amazing’ but the one phrase that caught his attention was ‘We Got Married’.

 

“Wait a minute, did I just hear ‘We Got Married’? What is happening? Why are all of you in Paris? How come none of you said anything?”

 

Since Chaerin was the only girl present, other than Harin, Jiyong was getting a little nervous because he was actually worried that one of the people present was being paired up with her. And while he’s not a big fan of the show, he knew that whoever it was, he was going to get to spend a lot of time with her. That didn’t sit well with him, not at all.

 

“Chaerin, answer me. What is going on?”

 

“Oppa, I’m married!!”

 

‘! My worst nightmare came true!!’

 

Jiyong wanted to hit something, or someone but he had to keep his cool. He had no idea why he was reacting in that manner. But he was definitely not ready to see Chaerin ‘married’.

 

“You ran off to Paris to get married when it’s just 3 days before your concert, have you forgotten you are the leader?”

 

At that, Chaerin’s smile fell from her face and her voice turned cold.

 

“Jiyong oppa, thank you for calling in the midst of your busy schedule. Our meal has arrived. See you soon.”

 

With that, Chaerin ended the call. The atmosphere was solemn. Jiyong touched on the one thing that Chaerin was super sensitive about and that was her responsibility towards her group. Her phone rang again but Chaerin sent it to voicemail and then switched off her phone. She took a deep breath, then turned back to the group and gave them a smile.

 

“Let’s eat~”

 

In order not to let the atmosphere get any stranger, everyone started eating. Jonghyun leaned towards her.

 

“He didn’t mean what he said. Don’t take it to heart. After all, you are here on official schedule and it was approved by YG.”

 

“Oppa, I’m ok. That was a cheap shot and Jiyong oppa knows it. Let’s not spoil this surprise that you have painstakingly put together. Harin ah, where are you staying tonight?”

 

“She’s staying with you tonight, at least she’s in the same hotel and on the same floor as you are. Whether she wants to stay in one room with you, that’s entirely up to her.”

 

“Oppa, did you fly her in from Hong Kong?”

 

“Well, you should have one of your family members with you since it’s your birthday and our wedding day.”

 

“Jonghyun oppa, I must say you really prepared well for this wedding, even if it’s make-believe. I would put in a good word for you in front of our parents.”

 

“Thank you~!”

 

“Chaerin ah, Jiyong had been calling my phone for the last 5 minutes. Won’t you just talk to him?”

 

“Do you want me to talk to him instead?”

 

“No, I’d talk to him. TOP oppa, can you pass me your phone?”

 

TOP passed his phone over to Chaerin and she answered the incoming call from Jiyong.

 

“Hyung, can you pass the phone to Chaerin?”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Chaerin ah, I’m sorry…”

 

“Oppa, it’s ok. But right now we are in the midst of the celebration party that Jonghyun oppa had put together for me, I’d call you later when we are done.”

 

“Ok… Are you really on ‘WGM’?”

 

“Yes, with Jonghyun oppa. Alright, oppa, it’s getting late in Korea. Go and rest.”

 

“I’d be waiting for your call, don’t forget to call me later.”

 

“Ok, bye oppa.”

 

Chaerin ended the call and handed the phone back to TOP.

 

“So, Chaerin, how does it feel to be a ‘married’ woman?”

 

TOP asked teasingly. When he was asked by YG to come to Paris with strict instructions not to let anyone, especially Chaerin, know his whereabouts, he was really puzzled. Until he was picked up by the MBC crew and Jonghyun explained to him the set-up did he get an idea of what was happening. While he had never fantasized about being on the reality TV program, it felt good to be part of this special stage. He had to give Jonghyun credit for coming up with something so detailed and with Chaerin in mind.

 

“It’s too early to tell but it’s been quite a good feeling. Jonghyun oppa did make it an unforgettable experience.”

 

“I’m quite surprised that you actually took on the show. Your schedule is going to be crazy with 2NE1 and YG Family Tour happening at the same time. Just remember, no matter how good this experience is, it would end one day.”

 

“Soo Hyuk oppa…”

 

“It’s the truth. It will end one day.”

 

“This make-believe marriage would end one day for sure, but the memories we shared together would be something that we get to keep. No matter who Chaerin marries for real in the future, we will always share these memories. But who knows, I might be able to convince Chaerin to give me a chance at really marrying her.”

 

“Oh~ Oppa, you’d better be careful. My sister isn’t easy to handle. But even I have to say whatever you did today was very impressive and impressionable. Other guys might find it a tough act to follow.”

 

“I’m actually quite surprised. I didn’t know you would have it in you to be such a romantic. So, Chaerin, what are you going to do tomorrow since it’s your birthday?”

 

Xin tried to divert the conversation into safer grounds because he could tell Soo Hyuk was being an irritated for some unknown reason. At the same time, he was hoping that if she wasn’t doing anything, he could ask her out. He totally didn’t expect Jonghyun to put together a birthday party for her and to fly Harin in.

 

“We have recording tomorrow right, Jonghyun oppa? I remembered the instructions was to get ready by 9am.”

 

“Yup~”

 

“Where are we going? Are you the one who came up with the plan?”

 

“Pretty much but I’m not going to tell you. It’s supposed to be a secret.”

 

“Alright, keep me in suspense. But is there anything I need to take note of?”

 

“Dress warmly, that’s all. I don’t want you to catch a cold. I’d take care of everything else. You just need to bring things that you need.”

 

“We are flying back to Korea tomorrow evening together right?”

 

“Of course, but don’t let the production team know. I told them I was going to Rome for a short trip. I found out which flight you were on from your manager and bought a ticket for myself. I just don’t want everything to be about WGM between us. And I’m sure you want to get some rest on the plane since you would be going back to a busy schedule. Now I feel a little sorry for arranging this.”

 

“Please don’t. I would have given up sleep just for this. Not only do I get to be at Paris Fashion Week, at the show of one of my favorite brands and then actually walking the runway in a dress specially designed with me in mind. No, I won’t have given that up for anything.”

 

Jonghyun smiled, glad that his efforts had been worth it.

 

“Can I have a request?”

 

Everyone turned to Soo Hyuk then, waiting for what he would say next.

 

“Can you guys remember that there are other people with you?”

 

“Alright, grumpy oppa, what’s wrong with you today? Are you jealous that I have taken away your 25/8 partner? Too bad, he’s mine now!”

 

At that, everyone laughed except for Soo Hyuk. Chaerin put her arm around Jonghyun and moved nearer to him in a joking manner. Jonghyun looked over at Soo Hyuk proudly. Soo Hyuk looked at the 2 of them and again had to take a deep breath so he won’t show his frustrations.

 

“Don’t worry, Soo Hyuk oppa, I’d give him back to you when the make-believe marriage ends.”

 

At this, Jonghyun frowned. He couldn’t explain the feeling. He didn’t like it when anyone, especially Chaerin, kept using the words ‘make-believe’ and how it would ‘end’ eventually. He decided in his head that he needed to ask Chaerin what she thought about this whole thing. The meal went on smoothly from there. The cake was cut and served.

 

At the end of it, everyone was taken back to the hotel. Jonghyun walked Chaerin and Harin back to their rooms. Harin decided that it’d be best if she slept in her own room since Chaerin would have to be up early the next day for the date. Jonghyun invited Harin to come along but she said she didn’t want to be interfere with their personal time but promised to have dinner with them before they head to the airport for their flight back to Korea.

 

After bidding a quick ‘goodnight’ to her sister and new ‘brother-in-law’, Harin went back to her room. Jonghyun sent Chaerin to her room and Chaerin gave him a hug before he left. Surprisingly, he didn’t let go of her when she stepped back. Chaerin looked up at him and smiled.

 

“Oppa, thank you for today. It had been magical!”

 

“You are welcomed. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. Go and rest. If you have to talk to Jiyong, don’t talk for too long, alright?”

 

“I sent him a message just now to tell him not to wait up. But I’d send another one and if he’s still awake, I’d give him a call. Otherwise I won’t hear the end of it.”

 

Chaerin leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek, then turned to go inside her room. Outside, Jonghyun was shocked by the kiss. But he walked down the corridor back to his own room with his hand cupping the cheek that she had kissed.

 

‘I must be crazy to be thinking that I shouldn’t wash my face because that would clean off her kiss.’


Checking the time, he knew he had to go to bed quickly. But before he did, he called Jo PD just to make sure that everything for the next day had been arranged. After hearing the confirmation, he thanked the PD and went ahead to wash up then prepare for bed.


Author's Note: So here's Episode 1. This is the basic set-up of the story. You have Chaerin going on WGM with Jonghyun and a whole bunch of oppas going a little crazy. You would see the full extent of the oppas' reaction in the next episode. It's hilarious. I know cos I'm about done with that episode. I really don't know if anything romantic will actually evolved with Chaerin and any one of her oppas but I do know that I'm going to spoil her with lots of attention from her oppas. I hope that reading this story, you guys would have as much fun as I do writing it. And really don't be so caught up with the coupling or lack there of. All these couple tags are created by fans. They are not going to end up with each other just because there are more fans for whichever couple tag. If they do end up together, I genuinely hope that it's because they want it and not because of fan service. 

Enjoy the long weekend~! ^^v