Epilogue Part 2

Family Matters

“Tae…it is so beautiful.” Taeyeon started to blush.

“Did you want me to put it on?” Jessica nodded.

Taeyeon got up and pushed Jessica’s hair to the side and put the necklace on her. She then leaned down and turned Jessica’s face towards her to give her a short kiss but one that expressed their full affection for each other. “I didn’t know my girlfriend could get any more beautiful.”

“I really love it. Every time I look at this heart, I will know it is your heart.”

“I was hoping you would get that.” Taeyeon laughed and thought Jessica would pull out a gift for her, but she saw Jessica getting serious.

“Tae…” Jessica reached across the table to grab Taeyeon’s hand. “I am not good with words like you. I also don’t know how to buy the right gifts or live up to your expectations, but I love you more than my words can express. My gift to you is a proposition.”

Taeyeon was a bit confused, also how is a proposition a gift? “What do you mean proposition?”

“You know how we told Tiffany a month ago that we were dating?”

Taeyeon thought back….

 

~Flashback~

 

“Are you sure you are ready to tell Tiffany?”

“I told you I put my past behind me and she deserves to know.”

“Did you tell Taeyeon that you are going to tell her?” Yuri and Yoona looked at Jessica in concern.

“She doesn’t need to know…does she?”

Yuri was about to smack some sense into the blonde but Yoona stopped her, “Jess! You are in this together. You should tell Tiffany together.”

“But it is me and Tiffany who have the past…if we start fighting or something, I don’t want Taeyeon to be caught in the middle.”

“Trust us. Taeyeon should be there and you both need to tell her together.”

 

--------

 

Jessica wasn’t sure how Taeyeon would like the idea of telling Tiffany but it was eating her up on how they always kept the relationship a secret from her and their son. Nonetheless, Jessica rang the doorbell.

The door opened, “Sica…why are you here?”

“I had some things on my mind. I think we should talk about something.” Taeyeon didn’t like the tone of the conversation but it must be important if Jessica had to come over and talk about it.

Both went to the kitchen and sat a t the table to talk.

“Tae…you know how we have been keeping our relationship a secret from Tiffany?”

“Yea.”

“We have been dating for a while now…I think I am ready to tell her.”

“Oh really? You are ready for this?”

“But…” Taeyeon wasn’t sure what more Jessica wanted to talk about. “I want us to tell her together. If you’re uncomfortable…we don’t have to do it together.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I want to do it together.”

“Really? You are ready to tell my ex-wife with me?”

“No.”

“No?”

“I am ready to tell my friend Tiffany that I have found the love of my life. I don’t like keeping secrets from one of my best friends.”

“Why didn’t you tell her already then?”

“Are you kidding me? How would my girlfriend feel if I told her ex-wife that she was in a new relationship behind her back? I didn’t tell because of you silly.”

 

---------

 

A few days later Jessica and Taeyeon met Tiffany in a small family restaurant while Jessica’s parents looked after their son. Tiffany was a bit disappointed that she wasn’t able to see her son but also confused that Jessica and Taeyeon were here together.

Jessica spoke up, “Tiffany. I know it is unusual for me to want to meet you other than when you pick up our son or vice versa, but there is something that both of us need to tell you.”

Taeyeon wanted to get the conversation over with, “Jessica and I have been dating for a month. We wanted to tell you…”

“Stop…” Jessica and Taeyeon were a bit afraid what was going to come out of Tiffany’s mouth next but they waited in silence until she spoke again. “Taeyeon I can’t believe you did this to me?”

“I am sorry…I should have asked permission…”

“Not that…I can’t believe you didn’t tell me and kept it a secret.” Taeyeon was a bit disappointed that she did that to her friend but she didn’t know how to explain herself further.

Jessica didn’t want her girlfriend to be caught in the middle when it was really her fault that Taeyeon didn’t tell Tiffany. “I told her not to.”

Tiffany looked up at Jessica, “You told her not to?”

“I wanted to tell you and it took a while for me to find the courage. I know you still have feelings for me, but you know I couldn’t keep living in the past with what you did.”

Tiffany was about to cry for the past pain she caused now resulted in her losing Jessica for good. “I get it. I am glad that you moved on.” Tiffany was on the verge of tears but she had to stay strong for she knew she didn’t deserve forgiveness from Jessica. “I have one condition though.”

Taeyeon and Jessica listened intently.

“I have a condition that you don’t tell our son until you both are seriously considering spending the rest of your lives together. Whether it be marriage or whatever. I don’t want our son to be confused because I know he loves Taeyeon very much already.”

 

~End Flashback~

 

“I remember the conversation. It went much better than I thought.”

“Well do you remember that we wouldn’t tell my son that we were dating unless we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together? Tae I don’t know who I would spend the rest of my life with other than you. I want to tell my son about us. What do you think?”

“I have nothing to say…” Taeyeon was now the one crying. What Jessica was proposing wasn’t marriage but she knew to Jessica that it meant the same thing. Telling her son was the last step to completing their relationship. “I have nothing to say but yes.”

Jessica was beaming with joy. She knew this was the beginning of spending the rest of their lives together.