Not Enough Room for All of Us

Family Matters

Present

 

Taeyeon walked into the house with the little 4 year old boy in hand to see Jessica sprawled out on the couch playing with her ipad while Tiffany was surfing the internet at a nearby table. Neither noticed Taeyeon and the little boy entering the house until the boy let go of Taeyeon’s hand and ran to Jessica giving her a hug.

 

“Mommy!” The boy yelled in joy as Jessica gave him a quick squeeze.

 

Jessica put her hands on the boy’s face, “Did you have fun today with aunt Taeyeon?” She asked as a relaxed smile appeared on her face.

 

The boy’s eyes lit up and recaptured the whole day in one speedy outburst that nearly left him out of breath. Jessica just listened intently and giggled when the boy was done talking, seeing that his happiness left  him breathless. “Well I am glad you were able to have fun. Why don’t you go over to mommy Tiffany and give her a hug. I know she missed you too.”

 

Tiffany was looking at the two intently when the boy was telling his adventures of the day and an eye smile appeared as the boy then ran over to her which she captured him into an unescapable bear hug. “Ah I missed you!” The boy just stayed in her arms, relaxed in the warmth she provided. Tiffany released him from the hug and he ran to the middle of the living room to play.

 

Taeyeon just watched the scene of the boy reuniting with his family next to Tiffany at the table but the happiness of this family reunion was to be cut short.

 

Jessica resumed her activities on the ipad and without looking up, “Tiff, why don’t you take him to your house now. You have him for this week.”

 

Tiffany was finished packing her laptop, “Yea I know,” she said as she knew that statement was going to be said shortly after the boy was to arrive back home. “Taeyeon,” she exclaimed as she looked over to the shorter girl, “where did you put his travel bag?”

 

“Ah I left it by the door.”

 

Tiffany peered to look for the bag near the door and then proceeded to the boy’s room to retrieve another bag with the boy’s luggage. She looked at the boy with a smile, “Hey it is time to go. It is getting late and near your bedtime.”

 

The boy looked up in disappointment as he was having a good time playing with his dinosaur. Quietly he walked over to Jessica and gave her a quick hug and kiss. “Love you mommy.”

Jessica replied with a quick, “Love you too. Behave.”

 

Tiffany and the boy left leaving Taeyeon and Jessica alone in the 2 bedroom apartment.