Hello, I'm Yun!

Invisible?

Yun left the hairdresser and her hair was all puffy, because of the weird way her hairdresser always dried her hair. Countless time she tried to get her hair in order, but it was hopeless. Actually she could have dried it herself, but she liked it if someone else did it and her home was only ten minutes away and she wouldn’t go out later. So actually she didn’t care at all if her hair was all puffy now, but at the other side it could be annoying too, especially if the wind was messing up her hair.

Yun took her Ipod out and plugged her earphones in. Yun’s favorite music genre was HIP HOP and that was a music genre that you would at least expect from her. Yun was a quiet girl with a cute girly style. She was far away from being an out-going flirty girl like her best friend Minjee use to be. Yun was the invisible kind of girl – a girl no one would take a second look on, because she didn’t seem to be interested at all. That where the things Yun thought about herself.

Yun scrolled through the songs till she found the song that stuck in her head the whole day. It was a song of her two favorite underground rappers Zico and Kyung. Even though you could find on her Ipod more songs of Zico than of Kyung – Kyung’s voice was more smoothing to her. Yun kept always up to date with new releases and the dates of their gigs. But she never went to one of her gigs, because she was of afraid that she didn’t really fit in this world even though she loved the music and she was sure her father was against it that she would went to some kind of club only to see some underground rappers. But she wanted to see them live so badly.

As Yun passed the post office, a guy with black styled hair walked towards her direction. He listened to music like Yun. Hands in his jeans pocket and his head moved to the rhythm of the song he was listening to. He wore glasses with big frames but without glasses. His face-seize remembered Yun of a cucumber, but she still thought that he was cute.

Quickly she put her hair into a messy bun, now she felt quiet uncomfortable with her puffy hair. As the boy passed her, she turned around to take a last look at him and in this moment the lyrics “Turn around Turn around please contact your eyes to me” blasted into her ears. But it wasn’t like Yun hoped he would turn around. She knew that he hadn’t recognized her and the chance that a boy like him would like her wasn’t high – actually impossible.

“Appa, I’m home.” Yun shouted as she closed the door behind her, but she didn’t get a response back. Yun wonder what could be wrong, because she heard the television in the living room. Fear started to take over her body. Did something happen to her father? Maybe he was unconscious!? Quickly she got out of her shoes and nearly run into the living room. Her father sat on the couch with a beer bottle in his right hand and several other soju and beer bottles stood in front of him on the living room table.

Yun sighed. This sight wasn’t any better. “Appa.” Yun lightly touch her father’s shoulder, but he didn’t respond he only looked with a blank expression at the television screen. Yun was sure that her father didn’t even notice that he watched an animal documentary. Yun took the beer bottle out of her father’s hand – he didn’t even protest. She walked into the kitchen and poured the content into the sink. After that she took the other bottles too and threw them away.

“I am going to make dinner. I bet you didn’t eat anything yet.” Yun said from the kitchen. She knew this situation really good and she knew that her father wouldn’t answer her, but she always thought he wouldn’t feel alone then if she still talked with him, but she wasn’t even sure if he even heard her. And she couldn’t ignore her father in this state. The state of her father right now wasn’t something new to her. Since 16 years he would behave like that a few weeks before the day of her mother’s death.

Yun started to cut vegetables and meat for the dinner. Yun always cooked their meals and she loved it. She stopped to cut the ingredients and took a look at her father. He still sat on the couch he hadn’t move an inch. Yun sighed and continued to cook. The few weeks before the day of her mother’s death, Yun felt the most guilty. She always thought that she took something previous away from her father, because her mother died at her birth. Even though her father always told her that she was a present from god – she couldn’t suppress these feelings. Yun thought that her looks made it even harder for his father to accept her mother’s death, because Yun resemble her mother a lot.

Yun was about to distribute the meal onto the plates and bowls as her cellphone rung. Quickly she fished her phone out of her jeans pocket. “Hello?”

“YUN!!!” Minjee’s exciting voice screamed into her ear. “OH MY GOD! I have a surprise for you. You will love me more than before.” Minjee said with a giggle.

Yun laughed lightly. “What are you up to?”

“You need to come to Hongdae. RIGHT NOW.”

“Why Hongdae? I can’t today, Minjee.” Yun bite her lower lip. “My appa and I going to have dinner now and you know my appa…” Yun whispered the last words. Minjee was the only one who knew about her father condition. “Let’s do it another day ok?! I’m sorry.”

“I hope we can do this another day.” Minjee whispered in thought. “I’m sorry, Minjee.” Yun felt really bad. It seemed that Minjee had planned something great for her and Yun turned her down, but she couldn’t leave her father alone.

“Aigo. Don’t worry, Yun. It will work out. You will really really love me. I love you, Yun. We will talk tomorrow, ok!?” Minjee said the last sentence with a soft voice. Then they both hung up.

Yun took the plates and the bowls and placed them on the living room table. “Appa, dinner is ready.” Yun placed the bowl in front of her father. Quietly she started to eat and didn’t take her eyes of her father. In these times she was always so worried about him. She hated to see him drinking. She once told him, but he only smiled sadly. After that they never talked about that issue again and tomorrow it would be like yesterday didn’t happen. Her father wasn’t a bad father. He was caring and loved Yun with all of his heart. Yun’s  father started to eat his meal, but he still didn’t talk and stared blankly that the television screen. Yun wished she could take away the pain from him – it hurt so much to see him like this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forgot to mention english is not my first language, so I am sorry for awkward sentences, grammer errors and so on :) I hope you like the first chapter :) comments are love <333 and I couldn't track Taeil T__T they said too much tags already. I am not hating on lovely shark ;___;