Missed

Lost and Found

It was Founder's Day, and it was special in Aelyn's school. Every year, they'd have a festival, a week of fun and games, fun fairs and concerts. It was the highlight of the school year. That day was the actual day the school had been established, which made it the most important and also, the most exciting. It was concert day, and the school would somehow manage to invite celebrities to perform.

The girls gathered in the auditorium. It was usually a surprise, and no one knew who the invited guest was. Even the prefects who usually knew the juicy gossip among the teachers didn't have any idea who would be performing this year.

"Good morning girls!" 

"Good morning Mdm Chang." Mdm Chang was the principal. She was quite a lovely person, she was more of a nurturing grandmother to the students than a dictator. (No wonder why there's no discipline amongst the girls) 

"Are you all excited today? As per tradition, we'll be having a guest performance today!" 

The student body cheered. 

"Do you want to know who it is?" 

"YESSSSS"

"From what I know, most of you are fans of Korean pop--" The girls started screaming at the mention of K-Pop. It probably meant that the guest was a Korean idol. Who could it be? A-Pink? VIXX? ...Super Junior?

"Well, I can see that you're excited, that's good," Mdm Chang chuckled, "you're in for a real treat, may I present you....EXO!!!" 

The curtains were drawn and the familiar wolf howling at the beginning of the song started playing. The audience went wild upon seeing the starting tree formation. Everyone screamed in disbelief. It was them. It was EXO. In real life. EXO had come to their school. EXO was performing, solely for them. Some girls stood up and led the fanchants, which everyone had memorized once the Korean fans had released it and others just cheered, trying to shout their favourite members' names. It was amazing. 

Bethany started sobbing. "SEHUNNNNN SEHUNNNNNN SEHUNNNN" she just kept calling his name over and over, sobbing in between words. She wasn't the only exception, many girls were crying tears of joy too. They were just too happy to see their idols. 

Aelyn was excited. She sat in her seat and just smiled. It was the first time she smiled brightly since she enrolled in this school. EXO was better than she'd thought they would be. They looked good in real life. Much better than in pictures. They had won her over. 

After the song, EXO stood in a row and introduced themselves. "We are one! Annyeonghaseyo we are EXO!" 

The students cheered and waved and jumped up and down. A translator and Mdm Chang came on stage. 

"And that was EXO! Did you like the performance girls?" 

The students cheered loudly again, showing their excitement. 

"Through some connections, we managed to invite EXO to perform for our Founder's Day concert! We're really grateful, thank you for taking time off your busy schedules and flying all the way here to perform for us!" 

Suho said, "It's our pleasure. It's wonderful seeing so many fans here, thank you so much for your support! Our promotion period's actually ended, so we came here to enjoy a short holiday too!"  

After all the formalities, with Mdm Chang presenting EXO with a token of appreciation from the school, and some photo taking, it was time for a Q&A section with EXO. 

"In my hands, I have a box. There are seat numbers in here. I'll let the EXO members pick one seat number each, and the lucky girl will get to ask the member who picked her number a question. Now girls, please be mindful, no controversial or sensitive questions." Mrs Chang layed out the rules specifically. 

Immediately, everyone started buzzing, some crossed their fingers, others prayed out loud, hoping to get picked. 

The session went on, with students asking questions like, "What's your favourite girl group?" , "Is HunHan real?" to a really flustered Luhan, for Baekhyun, Chen and D.O. to "Sing Open Arms", " so on and so forth. 

"And the lucky girl Sehun picked is....the one seated on Row J Seat 3!" 

"ME ME ME ME THIS IS FATE ME ME!" Bethany pumped her fist in the air and jumped out of her seat.

She ran up to the mic stand positioned along the aisles. Sehun turned to face her and gave her a smile. 

"Sehun Oppa, my name is Bethany Tang. I LOVE YOU. Oh yes, is it true that you are an orphan? Are you alone in this world?" 

The students started murmuring. That was a rather sensitive question, but since the asker was Bethany, nobody dared to speak up.

Upon hearing the question. Aelyn stiffened. 

"Bethany, I don't think that's a good question...would you like to ask something else?" Mdm Chang tried to salvage the situation. 

Just then, Sehun spoke in the mic. Aelyn dug her nails into the cushioned seat as he spoke. Her eyes widened.

The translator then told everyone what Sehun had said. 

Sehun had said, "Yes. I am an orphan. My parents passed away in a car crash, along with my grandparents. But I am not alone. I've actually got a little sister. My dongsaeng, who I love and miss very very much." 

The students went wild. No one had known that Sehun had a sister. There were rumours of Sehun being an orphan floating around the Internet, but none mentioned that he had a sister. News would probably be out by that evening.

The Q&A session ended and EXO put up a special performance of Peter Pan. 

"The mini-concert's coming to an end soon, but we have one last event. This is your chance to come up close and personal with your idols! They'll each pick a seat number again and you'll get to take a picture and hug them!" This got the girls excited again. A praying session commenced once more. 

Sehun dug into the box and took out a number. "J3!" 

J3? He had picked Bethany again! Bethany couldn't believe her ears. Boy, was she in luck today. She bounced out of her chair and dashed on stage. 

The other members picked their numbers, and finally, it was Baekhyun's turn. 

Baekhyun slipped his slender, long fingers into the lucky draw box. "Seat E6?" he said cutely, with a little Korean accent. 

Row E Seat 6. That was Aelyn's seat. Her eyes widened. Everyone started murmuring and gave her envious looks. 

"It's not fair she doesn't deserve it I want to see Baekhyun too," a girl said out of jealousy. 

Aelyn stood up and went on stage. She stood in front of Baekhyun. He seemed tiny compared to the other members, but he was still more than a head taller than her. He looked down at Aelyn and gave her a goofy grin. He had beautiful teeth. 

"Annyeong~" Baekhyun said cheerily and patted Aelyn on the head. Aelyn bowed and smiled. 

The meet-and-greet session was fun, for those who got to go on stage, for the rest of the school, however, they just felt sore. Their idols were so close, yet, so far...

Bethany looked up at Sehun, admiring his flawless skin, his defined jawline, but he was looking elsewhere. In fact, he was staring intently. 

Aelyn turned her head towards the left, where Sehun was standing. There he was, looking straight at her, with piercing eyes. They made eye contact for five whole seconds, but Aelyn broke it by turning away quickly. 

The girls were then ushered off stage. Aelyn glanced at Sehun one last time and proceeded off stage. 

Suddenly, Sehun's voice resounded through the auditorium. His microphone was still switched on.

He spoke in Korean, "Oh Seyeon, come here."