Makeover

Lost and Found

Tick...tick...tick.tick...

Everyone's gaze was fixed on the clock.

29...28....27...26...

"Now girls, I know you're all excited about prom, but please do remember to adhere to the dress code!"

16...15...14...13...

The girls scurried to pack up their belongings.

"Remember, it's a combined prom. There will be boys. Please don't wear...revealing stuff. You've got our school reputation to uphold-"

3....2...1....RRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!

At that instant, the class stood up, making dying walrus sounds as their chairs dragged against the floor, and made their exit. 

"Let's gooooo! We're late for our appointment!" Bethany yelled. Her line of Bethlet-ducklings waddled along behind her. 

"What's up with them?" 

"Off to do their hair and make-up, I suppose. I heard that they're going to X-Salon, you know, the one that all the celebrities go too!"

"...Perks of being rich. Oh well, you're coming over to Jill's house right? Let's prepare together!"

Seyeon's classmates left. 

Seyeon swept the classroom and cleaned the whiteboard. She was set on not attending prom. There was no rush. It was the last day of school, and the next time they'd be back would be to get their examination results, which was a week later. She'd might as well just tidy things up. Seyeon picked up her things, switched off the classroom lights and left. 

She strolled back to the boarding house. 

"Beep beep!"

Seyeon heard a car honk. She turned around. It was EXO's van. Seyeon was surprised. 

Somebody rolled down the window. 

"Seyeonnie! Over here!" It was Manager-Oppa. 

"Oh, Oppa? What are you doing here?"

"Hop on! No time to explain! We're late!" 

Seyeon obediently got onto the van. 

~~~~~

"...Where are we going?" Seyeon asked.

"It's a surprise!"

Soon, the van stopped outside a shop.

"JH Beauty" the sign read. 

Oh. EXO was probably having a photoshoot. 

"Go on!" Manager-Oppa smiled. 

Seyeon stepped into the shop. 

"Ah! She's here! Let's go!" 

Coordi-Unnie was there, and once she spotted Seyeon, she dragged her by arm towards another lady.

She gave Seyeon a bathrobe to change into and guided her into a room. 

Seyeon followed obediently....what was going on? 

In that room, there were 2 other ladies. 

"Let's get started there's no time!" 

Seyeon was asked to sit on a chair. One of the ladies filled up a basin with warm water. She added in a few drops of essential oils and threw in a handful of rose petals which floated lightly on the surface. Seyeon was told to soak her feet in there. 

Meanwhile, two other ladies grabbed hold of her hands and placed them on the armrests. They began filing her nails. Then they buffed her nails to a shine. 

Seyeon was confused. Why was she getting a manicure and pedicure? She'd only come to find her EXO oppas...

"A French nail would be good!" Coordi-unnie chipped. She was standing at the side, observing Seyeon. 

"Unnie, what's going on? Where's Sehun-Oppa? Save me!" Seyeon shot her a pleading look. 

"Ah...EXO's having a photoshoot! Just stay here, yeah?" Coordi-unnie smiled, shrugging Seyeon's questions off.

The two ladies, went to get nail polish, then started applying it to her nails. 

Seyeon was asked to remove her feet from the basin and the third lady helped to dry her feet. Then, her nails were filed too and painted. 

She ended up with perfectly painted French nails, with all her cuticles clipped and her hands and feet moisturized. 

It turned out to be more relaxing than expected. 

She'd wanted to text Sehun but...it wasn't really convenient, with her hand and feet under mini dryers. 

After 15 minutes, Coordi-unnie brought Seyeon to the next room.

Seyeon sat down. The room was filled with tables covered in brushes, lipsticks, eyeshadows, and other suspicious equipment. 

"Look who we have here!" There was another lady in the room. 

She swivelled Seyeon's chair to face her. She pushed Seyeon's fringe out of her face. 

"Ah....a beautiful girl...and what flawless complexion...looks like we won't need to cover up anything. OH MY! And those eyes...yes...we'll have to bring them out!" She muttered.

"Girl, we're going to make you a show-stopper tonight!" 

The lady clipped up Seyeon's fringe and started working on her face. 

Tonight? Did she mean prom...?

"Unnie! Is this for prom? But I'm not goi-" 

"Shh! Don't talk dear! I'm putting on foundation! Now close your eyes!" 

Seyeon couldn't help but follow her instructions. 

The make-up artist sprayed foundation lightly onto Seyeon's face with an airbrush. Then she patted some powder all over her face with a soft fluffy brush. 

She filled in Seyeon's eyebrows lightly. 

She told Seyeon to look up, then proceeded to tightline her eyes. 

"Close your eyes."

She then dabbed eyeshadow onto Seyeon's eyelids. Next, she drew on eyeliner. Then came mascara.

Seyeon opened her eyes. 

"Beautiful!"

She contoured and highlighted parts of Seyeon's face, then put on lipstick. 

The lady examined Seyeon's face one last time. 

"Perfect." 

Coordi-unnie smiled.

"Let's go! Let's go!"

She dragged Seyeon into the next room and sat her down. 

"Unnie, what's going on? I think you've made a mistake, you see, I-"

"Hush!" Coordi-unnie silenced Seyeon before she could explain herself.

Hairdryers, steamers, curlers.  It was time for hair. 

"Hey!" A cheery man greeted Seyeon. 

He raked his fingers through Seyeon's hair. 

"Mmm, good volume, surprisingly no split ends. Relatively healthy!" he murmured. 

"Honey, we're gonna make you look fabulous!" 

Seyeon was brought to wash her hair. He used peach scented shampoo and massaged her head while lathering up the shampoo. It was really relaxing and Seyeon almost fell asleep. The warm water didn't help either; Seyeon didn't want to get up after her hair was washed. 

The man combed out the knots in her hair and blew it dry. He then rolled up Seyeon's fringe in a curler. 

Next, he sprayed heat protectant all over Seyeon's hair and parted her hair into sections. He slowly curled each section of her hair with a curling iron.

To finish off, he sprayed a tiny bit of hairspray in her hair just to keep the curls in place. 

"Gorgeous." He clasped his hands together in glee. 

Coordi-unnie nooded in approval. 

Seyeon was utterly overwhelmed. The entire makeover happened in the blink of an eye. She couldn't even grasp the situation.

Bzz...bzzz....Seyeon's phone vibrated. 

It was Sehun. She'd forgotten about wanting to call him. She immediately picked it up. 

"Oppa!" 

"Ah, Yeon, how are you?"

"Oppa, where are you?" 

"Oh...I'm having a photoshoot for Shell magazine, what's up?"

"OPPA, I JUST. I JUST HAD A MAKEOVER. I WAS SHOVED IN A CHAIR AND BROUGHT FROM ROOM TO ROOM, AND THEY ATTACKED MY NAILS AND MY HAIR AND MY FACE AND---"

"Was it that bad?" Sehun chuckled. 

"I...I don't know I was very very confused. What's going on? Are you at JH Beauty?"

"Nope, we're at the Shell HQ. I told you, photoshoot!"

Seyeon was confused. 

"Huh? Then what am I doing here?"

"Getting ready for prom, of course."

"Prom?"

"Yeah, prom. You didn't seem to care so as your brother, I thought I had to step in and help you."

Seyeon sighed. 

"What's wrong? You don't like it? SNSD-sunbaes used this salon when they came here. Was it not good enough?"

Seyeon sighed again. 

"Oppa, I appreciate the effort, but I never intended to go for prom."

"Why? It's your last chance to have fun before going back to Korea! Show them the real you! And maybe meet a cute guy ehehe-"

"I'm sorry Oppa, I know you mean well, but even with this million dollar hair and make up, I won't be allowed into the prom..."

"And why is that?"

"I don't have a dress...you can't enter if you don't adhere to the dresscode..." 

"No dress?" Sehun snorted. 

"Oh really?"

Just then Coordi-unnie brought out a clothes bag and ped it. She held it up for Seyeon to see.

Seyeon's eyes widened in awe. 

She gasped.

"I...I..."

"...so can you attend prom now?"