Misplaced

Lost and Found

A loud squeal pierced the constant murmur in the classroom. 

"Bethlets! EXO IS HAVING A COMEBACK OMIGOSH FINALLY" 

(Yes, Bethany called her clique and "fans" Bethlets, much to Aelyn's amusement)

More squeals and "OMG"s followed soon after, and the little piglets gathered around Momma Sow.

Similar hysterical monkey noises were heard in other classes. 

There was a thing about the girls' school Aelyn went to. Everyone was a special little snowflake, they had their strengths and weaknesses, different talents and personalities, some were good at sports: cheerleading, netball, basketball, tennis, judo..., others were good at the arts: concert band, string ensemble, Chinese dance...but these snowflakes, all came from the same cloud. One thing that united every student, was their love for K-Pop. There was K-Pop blasting from classroom computers, K-Pop blasting over the PA system in the canteen, courtesy of the Broadcasting Club, they used K-Idols' pictures for phone, iPad and computer homescreens, k-idols from girl groups, boy groups, soloists, everyone ranging from A-Pink to ZE:A, the school itself was a real life fandom.

Well, almost everyone. Like the social reject Aelyn was, she didn't exactly share the same sentiments. She didn't hate K-Pop, but neither did she exceptionally like it. It was alright. She acknowledged their talent, BIG BANG and 2NE1's style and stage presence, SNSD's beauty, Super Junior's synchronization, SHINee's dancing, 2AM's vocals....now about EXO....

EXO was alright. The vocalists were alright. The dancers were overrated, good but not as good as they were made out to be. They looked good in general. Basically, Aelyn was neutral. She didn't understand the hype over EXO. It was just another boy group, and they were alright.

Now, having that opinion in school was really dangerous. There were hardcore YG stans, JYP stans, SM stans, etc. but surprisingly everyone had a soft spot for EXO. Everyone in school was an EXO stan, and the thing about EXO stans, was that they were insane. They were insane, to the point that it was all pure ri-di-cu-lous ; a girl cried for an hour because Taeyeon smiled at Baekhyun. Cra-zy. 

"Look at Aelyn, she doesn't seem happy at all" 

"Is she mad? Does she not like EXO? Oh. My. Gosh." 

"How dare she..." 

Aelyn was dumbfounded. She hadn't done anything. She was getting ed about just because she was the only girl who didn't walk over to Bethany's table to spazz over EXO. The girls in her class were pure unreasonable.

The school bell rang. Aelyn shoved her books into her school bag, dumped in her pencil case and water bottle and brisk walked out of class. She'd had it with this unfair treatment. School was hell. She just couldn't fit in. It wasn't because she didn't try to make friends, but that the girls didn't even give her a chance to. They were too afraid of offending Bethany. The consequences, were kind of dire. Aelyn was a fish out of water.  Aelyn was misplaced.