Summer

Journey To Success

“Ohayou gozaimasu!” Rie and Tomu greet when they enter the practice room.

“Eh? That’s new. Fresh Lemon is late.” Ayaka said. They decided not to use the name Lemon-chan to Miori that Sunny gave. They prefer to call her Fresh Lemon

“Alright! I am not going to buy our snacks tonight.” Rie happily said.

It’s been five months had passed when they had a weekend moment together with Shoujo Jidai and after their moment with them, the trainees became close to each other. Anna and Tomu didn’t fight anymore instead they love to annoy Rie.

After 10 minutes, Tomomi came.

“Eh? Where’s Lemon?” Tomomi asks.

“She hasn’t arrived yet.” Ayaka said.

“Call her.” Tomomi said.

Ayaka was about to call her when Miori came rushing.

“Gomenazai!” she said.

Miori is wearing a long sleeve shirt and a mask.

“Are you sick?” Misaki asks.

“H-Hai.” Miori said. “I got cold.”

“Are you sure you can practice today?” Ayaka asks.

“Hai!” Miori said.

“Ok then. Let’s begin the practice.” Tomomi said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Summer break…

“Alright! Summer is here!” Rena happily said. “An’nin, what is your plan for summer?”

“Training.” Anna said.

“Eh?!!! I was planning to bring you to our resort.” Rena said.

“Sorry I can’t.” Anna said. “In fact we have a practice tonight until tomorrow.”

“So, that’s the reason you have a big bag.” Rena said.

“Hai.” Anna said. “Sayanee, do you want to go together to the SME?”

“You’ll go ahead. I need to go somewhere first.” Sayaka said.

“Ok.” Anna said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the class, Sayaka went somewhere else.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Kitahara, today is the last day of semester. Isn’t it time for you to clean the classroom?” Nito Moeno asks.

“Gomenazai! I need to go early because I am going to buy our snacks for tonight.” Rie said.

“No excuses! You’re going to clean the classroom. I’ll guard the doors and the windows!” Nito Moeno said.

“Kitahara, can you help me bring these papers to the faculty room?” the teacher asks.

“Hai!” Rie said.

“Kitahara, go back here later, ok?” Nito Moeno said.

“Of course! I left my things there.” Rie said before going out.

“Bye, classmates!” Aki said while secretly bringing out Rie’s things.

“Bye, Takajo!” Nito Moeno said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Aki wait for Rie outside the building. After 5 minutes, Rie came out.

“Thanks, Aki.” Rie said.

“Enjoy your training.” Aki said.

“See you after summer break.” Rie said.

Rie saw Tomu waiting for her the gate of the school.

“Let’s go. You’re going to buy our snacks, right?” Tomu asks.

“Hai.” Rie said.

Rie waved goodbye to Aki before going in the car.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Airi, Misaki and Reina are walking together while practicing Korean language.

“Annyeong hasaeyo means ohayou gozaimasu.” Airi said. “Annyeong hasaeyo, Airin imneeda!”

“Cool! Your pronunciation is great.” Misaki said.

“We should practice singing some Shoujo Jidai senpai’s Korean songs.” Reina said.

Misaki suddenly starts to sing. “Geudae wa hamkke ramyeon yo. Neomu na haengbok hangeol yo. Bo ina yo naye maeumi. Together 365 mae il. Geudaeman bomyeon naneun eojjeol jul molla. Neomu na tiga nage utge dwae. Eotteokhae yo na. Geudae eobshin mossara, My lovely J.”

“Sugoi! Do you know the whole song?” Reina asks.

Misaki nodded.

Just then, Tomu’s car stops on their side.

“Girls, get in.” Rie said.

“Really? Thanks!” Reina said.

“Umechan and An’nin are already waiting for us.” Rie said.

“How about Fresh Lemon?” Airi asks.

“She’s on her way now.” Rie said.

“Have you notice that Fresh Lemon is acting strange?” Tomu asks.

“She’s kinda weird.” Misaki said. “She used to be a cheerful and always acting cute but now she’s always wants to be alone and always hurriedly going home.”

“Do you think she have a problem?” Reina asks.

“We can ask her about that but I doubt if she will talk to us.” Rie said.

“We will be spending our whole summer in SME so there’s no way she won’t tell us about it.” Tomu said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

SME Building…

Sayaka is walking towards the entrance of the building when she saw Miori with her mom.

“It will be good for you to stay here for the whole summer while he’s in our house.” Sayaka heard Miori’s mom said.

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” Miori asks.

“Hai. Just work hard to be singer. You always wanted to be singer, right?” Miori’s mom said.

“Hai. I’ll be singer for you, mom.” Miori said.

“Go now.” Miori’s mom said.

“Bye, mom. Visit me if you have time.” Miori said.

Miori’s mom nodded.

Miori gets inside the building.

“Ohayou gozaimasu.” Sayaka greets Miori’s mom.

“Ohayou. Are you Sayaka, right?” Miori’s mom asks.

Sayaka nodded.

“You look more beautiful than the last time I saw you.” Miori’s mom said.

“Thank you.” Sayaka said.

“Sayaka, I know it is too much but can you do me a favor?” Miori’s mom asks.

“Sure anything.” Sayaka said.

“Let’s go to the nearby park. It won’t take long.” Miori’s mom said.

“Hai.” Sayaka said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Fresh Lemon is here.” Miori said when she enters the practice room.

“Wow! Sayanee is late.” Rie said. “Alright! I’m not late.”

“That’s because you’re with me.” Tomu said.

After a while, Sayaka came in.

They were star struck when they saw her.

“Wow! You’re beautiful.” Reina said.

“Does it suit me?” Sayaka asks while unconsciously touches her short hair.

“Hai!” they all said.

After the class, Sayaka went to the salon to cut her long hair.

“What made you decided to cut your hair?” Ayaka asks.

“I just thought of it.” Sayaka said. She can’t tell to the other girls that it was Tiffany’s idea.

“You look great with your new hairstyle.” Miori said.

Atsuko came in.

“Hi girls!” Atsuko greets.

“Ohayou gozamaisu!” they greet.

“Kindly follow me so I can show you your rooms.” Atsuko said.

They followed Atsuko until they reach the top floor.

“This will be your place to stay in until the end of summer. It looks like an apartment that has three bed rooms. It really designed for the trainees that live far away.” Atsuko said. “The schedule for the whole summer is attached at the refrigerator’s door. Be sure to check it out. It’s up to you who will be sharing the same rooms. I’ll see you girls tomorrow.”

Atsuko left them.

“So, who will be sharing the same rooms?” Ayaka asks.

Anna holds Tomu’s arm indicating that she wants to be with her.

“How about those awkward to each others will be sharing the room?” Airi suggested.

“Who are awkward to each other?” Rie asks.

“Kitarie and Lemon.” Tomu said.

“But we need three in a room.” Ayaka said. “Kitarie, Lemon and Sayanee. I haven’t seen Kitarie with Sayanee.”

 “Next will be, An’nin, Airin and Reinyan.” Ayaka said. “So, Me, Tomu and Wasamin will be sharing the same room.”

“Let’s check the rooms.” Tomu said.

They first enter the room with has a color yellow. Yellow bed covers, pillow, curtains and etc.

“I like it here.” Miori said.

“We will choose this room.” Sayaka said.

The second room is chosen by Anna, Airi and Reina. The theme color of the room is pink.

The third room’s theme is red.

After putting their things in their rooms, they went to the kitchen.

“EH?!!!” Rie reacted when they saw the schedule.

“5:00 am – 6:30 am – Morning exercise with Akimoto Sayaka.” Ayaka reads the first schedule.

“6:30 am – 8:30 am – Dance practice with Itano Tomomi.” Misaki reads.

“9:00 am – 10:00 am – Sing/Vocal practice with Takahashi Minami.” Anna reads.

“10:00 am – 12:00 am – Variety/MC/Hosting practice with Miyazawa Sae.” Miori reads.

“1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Modeling practice with Akimoto Sayaka and Itano Tomi.” Airi reads.

“3:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Acting practice with Oshima Yuko.” Reina reads.

“5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Interview lesson with Maeda Atsuko.” Tomu reads.

“7:30 pm – 9:30 pm – Language lesson with Akimoto Sayaka and Oshima Yuko.” Sayaka reads.

“9:30 pm – 11:30 pm – SNSD songs training with Itano Tomomi and Takahashi Minami.” Rie reads.

“At least we still have break time.” Miori said.

“We can do it.” Ayaka said and opens the refrigerator. “What do you want for dinner? Do you want some curry rice?”

“Do you know how?” Anna asks.

“Hai.” Ayaka said. “Who wants to help me?”

Reina raised her hand.

“Kids, go wait in the living room.” Ayaka said.

“Hai!” they all said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Kids, dinner’s ready!” Ayaka called them.

“Yeah!” they all said.

“Let’s take a picture of it with us.” Airi said.

After taking a picture they start eating.

“First dinner together with Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation. Umechan umma and Reinyan cooked dinner for us. Itadakimasu!” Airi said while posting their pictures in her instagram.

“Umechan umma?” Ayaka asks.

“Hai. You’re like a mother when you called us a while ago.” Airi said.

“Maybe because I am the oldest here.” Ayaka said. “Who’s going to wash the dishes later?”

“Sayanee and Rie.” Tomu said.

“Do you want to kill me with awkwardness?” Rie whispered to Tomu.

“That’s the way to get close to her.” Tomu said.

Rie pouts.

After the dinner, Rie and Sayaka left in the kitchen. The two are quiet while washing the dishes.

Rie keeps glancing towards Sayaka.

“For a rich girl like you, it is surprising to know that you know how to wash dishes.” Rie said just to remove the awkwardness that she’s feeling right now.

“I always do it inside my room.” Sayaka said. “I have a little kitchen in my room so if I need something, I don’t have to walk 100 meters towards the kitchen.”

“100 meters?” Rie was shocked.

“I live in a mansion. My room is in the 3rd floor at the end of the corridor. The kitchen is at the back of the mansion.” Sayaka said.

“If you are really that rich, why do you want to be a singer?” Rie asks.

“You will laugh at me if I tell you the reason.” Sayaka said.

“No. Try me.” Rie said.

“I’m tired to be rich.” Sayaka said.

“Eh?!!!” Rie reacted. “Don’t you know that poor girls’ dream is to be rich?”

“I know that. But try to grow up like me. I grow up without my parents on my side. I have a nanny but she died a year ago. Since I was young, I live in the mansion alone. No one wants to play with me or even talk to me. When I am studying, everyone wants to be my friends but they all have hidden agenda, they want to be friends with me because I am the heiress of Yamamoto Family. I am sick to live like that.” Sayaka said.

“People can’t really satisfy to the way they live. Poor people wanted to be rich so they won’t have a problem with money while rich people wanted to live a normal life.” Rie commented.

“Why do you want to be a singer?” Sayaka asks.

“To become famous and earn a lot of money.” Rie said. “I want to stop my papa from working too.”

The two start to talk about anything.

“Have you had a boyfriend, Sayanee?” Rie asks. They are now sitting on the chairs. They were done washing the dishes 30 minutes ago.

“Never. I told you I am a loner.” Sayaka said. “What about you?”

“Once but we broke up after a week.” Rie said.

“Really? But why?” Sayaka asks.

“I found out that he’s a playboy. I am not the only he is dating that time. We are five.” Rie said.

“Awww…” Sayaka reacted.

“Anyway, I didn’t love him. I like him because he is famous at our school.” Rie said.

“Kids, what time are you planning to go to bed? It’s already 11:00.” Ayaka came with a facial mask on her face and wearing pajamas.

“We didn’t notice the time.” Rie said.

“Tomu and An’nin brought a bag of facial mask. You two put on a facial mask too and Airin said that we are going to take a picture again.” Ayaka said.

“Hai!” the two said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

It is already 12:00 in the evening when Atsuko and Minami saw the lights from the Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation apartment are finally off. They are outside the SME Building.

“They became closer.” Minami said.

“Hai.” Atsuko said. “Tomorrow will be a busy day.”

“Right. I don’t know what our bosses thinking that they want to do it.” Minami said.

“Do you think that something big will gonna happen? Until now, they didn’t give me any instructions except that the 2nd gen will stay here for a whole summer.” Atsuko said.

“Let’s just wait for tomorrow.” Minami said.