A Day With Hyo, Sica & Yul

Journey To Success

Dancing 9 Studio…

“Welcome to Dancing 9’s studio.” Hyoyeon and Yuri said to Reina and Tomu.

Reina’s eyes are glowing. She has never been in a studio before.

“Hyo! Yul!” a not so tall guy called them.

“Oppa, Annyeong hasaeyo!” Hyoyeon and Yuri greet.

“Who are these beautiful girls?” the guy asks.

“Oppa, they are our second generation.” Yuri proudly said. “Reinyan and Tomu.”

“Hello.” Reina and Tomu greet and bowed.

“Hello! I’m Shinhwa’s Minwoo.” The guy said. “I heard about SNSD’s 2nd Generation and I am happy that I met the two of their 2nd generation.”

“Do you want to say some advice to them?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Just don’t be like them.” Minwoo said and winks.

“Aish! Oppa!” Hyoyeon and Yuri said and start hitting him.

“This is what I am telling to you.” Minwoo said while avoiding the hit from the two SNSD.

Reina and Tomu laughed.

“Girls, stop it. The show is about to start now.” Minwoo said.

“Araso, oppa.” Hyoyeon said and stops hitting Minwoo.

“Reinyan, Tomu, you can watch us with audience.” Yuri said.

“Hai!” Reina and Tomu said.

The two girls went to the audience’s place and watch their senpais working.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the Dancing 9, Yuri brings Tomu to the filming of her movie.

“This is where we film the movie where I am one of the casts.” Yuri said.

“But why-”

“Yuri-sshi! Finally you are here.” The actor said.

“Why?” Yuri asks.

“There are some changes in the script.” The actor said.

Tomu doesn’t have the chance to ask Yuri about why Yuri brought her here.

“Unnie, please take care of Tomu for a while.” Yuri said.

“Ne.” Yuri’s coordinator said.

Yuri left with the actor.

“Is she really always having a hectic schedule?” Tomu asks the coordinator.

“Every day.” The coordinator said. “Monday to Sunday is their schedule, concerts, variety shows, interviews, recording of songs, movies, dramas and even school.”

“Do they have time to sleep?” Tomu asks.

“Yeah but only for two hours or sometime an hour.” The coordinator said.

“And sometimes they have the time to go to Japan to watch us.” Tomu said.

“No matter how busy they are, they always find time to visit you in your training.” The coordinator said. “The SNSD wants their 2nd generation to be successful like they are.”

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Sorry if I need you to bring here in the rehearsal of my musical. I can’t leave you alone in our dorm or I can’t ask Yuri and Hyoyeon to take you with them.” Jessica said.

“It’s ok. Maybe I’ll learn something from watching you.” Anna said.

“You’re nice today. What happened?” Jessica asks.

Anna just shrugged her shoulders.

“Just keep it up.” Jessica said.

Jessica’s co-actors/actresses called her.

Anna sat on the floor and watches her senpai working.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the Dancing 9, Hyoyeon and Reina went to the SM Entertainment’s recording studio.

Every people they passed by greeted Hyoyeon.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo.” Hyoyeon greets the people inside the recording studio.

“Is she your chingu?” a guy asks.

“Aniyo.” Hyoyeon said. “She’s my dongsaeng.”

Dongsaeng means little sister/brother.

“Reinyan, stay here with oppa.” Hyoyeon said talking about her manager.

“Hai.” Reina said.

Hyoyeon went to the other room where she will sing.

Reina watches her senpai sings.

“She has too short lines.” Reina said.

“Well, it is not surprising.” The manager said. “As her 2nd gen member you must know that Hyoyeon had the least part in all of the songs.”

“I know that.” Reina said.

“Being Kim Hyoyeon is hard. She made so many sacrifices for the group but she never got any reward for those sacrifices.” He said. “Can you be her 2nd generation? Can you make sacrifices for the group?”

“I can and I will.” Reina said.

“That’s right.” He said.

After 2 hours the recording of the song ended.

“We must go now to the dance practice room.” Hyoyeon said.

‘Senpai never complains about her parts in every song even though they are short lines. She never complains having few solo projects. She always shows to everyone her smile, her natural smile, not a fake smile. I want to be like her. I want to be Kim Hyoyeon senpai.’ Reina’s thought.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Dance Practice Room…

Reina met the choreographer in most songs of SNSD, Shim Jae Won.

“While waiting for the others, I want to see Reina-sshi dance.” Jae Won said.

Reina became nervous. She? Dancing at the front of a famous choreographer?

“You can do it, Reinyan.” Hyoyeon said. “Think this as part of training.”

“H-Hai.” Reina said.

Hyoyeon played a song.

Reina begins to dance but since Hyoyeon and Shim Jae Won are watching her, she often stumbles and dances off the rhythm.

Shim Jae Won turns off the music.

Reina bite her lower lip. She made a mess.

“You must not get awkward while dancing at the front of others. In your debut, you’ll sing and dance in thousands of people. Not all of them are your supporters. Some of them are going to watch you and see if you made any mistakes. One mistake can make you down. Anti-fans will not see where you good at but they will find something you are not good at and they will start a rumor from it.” He said.

Reina felt scared.

“Oppa, don’t scare her like that.” Hyoyeon said.

“She won’t. She’s your second generation. If she wants to be like you, she must learn to be brave.” He said.

Reina walks out of the practice room.

“Reinyan.” Hyoyeon called her.

“Let her alone for a while.” He said.

“But-”

“Hyoyeon, even though you picked her as your 2nd gen, you must train her hard. If you want her to follow your path, you must train her like how we trained you.” He said.

“I don’t want Reinyan to be like me. I don’t want her to be underrated in her group. I want her to pass me.” Hyoyeon said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Reina went to the stairs. She sat and cried silently.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” someone said.

Reina saw 6 girls that look like same age as her.

“Isn’t she Hyoyeon sunbae’s second generation?” a girl asks.

Based on their accent, those girls are not Korean.

“Konnichiwa. I’m Watanabe Miyuki also known as Milky. We are trainees here.” The girl said.

“I’m Fujie Reina.” She said.

“We know.” Miyuki said. “People talks a lot about you here. Lame trainees. Some of them said that you can’t pass the SNSD sunbae.”

“You’re using the SNSD sunbae’s name to gain popularity.” Another girl said.

“No we’re not.” Reina said. “We want to help SNSD senpai to lessen their work so they have time to relax.”

“To lessen their work so you can steal their fans, right Milky?”

“Right, Komari.” Miyuki said.

“Who are you to say those kinds of words? You don’t know how hard our trainings are.” Tomu said.

“Tomu.” Reina said.

Tomu entered first the building because Yuri needs to talk to someone.

“You must be Muto Tomu. Yuri sunbae called you Mumu.” The girl that Miyuki called Komari said.

The trainees laughed.

“Nakamura Mariko, don’t be like that for our future senpais.” Someone said from above.

“Oh shut up, Iwata.” Mariko said.

“I saw Hyoyeon sunbae coming towards here. It wouldn’t be nice if she hears your harsh words to their 2nd generation.” She said.

“We are not done yet to you.” Mariko said.

Mariko and the others are gone.

“Sorry for what my co-trainees had said.” She said. “I’m Iwata Karen. We’ve been training for 2 years and until now we haven’t had a chance to debut.”

“Thanks for saving us.” Reina said.

“No problem. You won’t often sees them since we are here in South Korea while you are in Japan.” She said.

“Why are you here?” Tomu asks.

“To train. Since the day I passed the audition, I transferred here so I can study and training.” Karen said. “Same goes with the others.”

“Why are you still here? I told you to go straight to the practice room.” Yuri said. Then, she noticed Reina. “Did you cry?”

“I-Iie.” Reina said trying to hide her face.

Then, Hyoyeon came.

“Hyo, Reinyan cried.” Yuri said.

Hyoyeon quickly approached Reina.

“Let’s talk in private.” Hyoyeon said and pulled Reina somewhere.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“I didn’t know that you are working hard.” Anna said to Jessica.

They are in the car going to the practice room.

“Everyone thought that I am really an ice princess but they are wrong. I may not be as energetic like Hyoyeon, I may not acting cute like Sunny, I may not often smile like the others but I worked hard just like them.” Jessica said. “Since we were young, we worked together. They know who I am. They know when I am hurt. They know when I am happy. I thanked God for giving me 8 sisters.”

“I only have one friend and that is Rena. She’s the one who forced me to audition.” Anna said.

“Please remember me to thank your friend.” Jessica said.

Anna looks outside the window of the car. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a person in a billboard.

“Oppa…” she whispered.

“An’nin, I know that you and Tomu won’t get along very well but I want to see the two of you being friends. I admit that from the start some of us are not really close but being together always makes ourselves understand each other and became close.” Jessica said.

“I’ll try. I told you that I only have Rena as a friend and I never tried to befriend with the others.” Anna said.

“I can help you with that.” Jessica said and smiled. “And also, always obey your trainers. Just remember that we have encountered that kind of training.”

“I’ll try.” Anna said.

“Show them that you are right to be my 2nd gen.” Jessica said.

“Hai.” Anna said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Are you upset of what Jae Won oppa said to you?” Hyoyeon asks Reina. They are in a vacant practice room.

“He’s right.” Reina said. “Senpai, how can I be like you when I am scared that I might disappoint you in debut?”

“Debut is still far away. You’ve been trained for only months. There are lots going to happen these coming days. Whatever oppa said to you, you must remember it and take it as a challenge to you. It will help you to become strong and confident.” Hyoyeon said. “When I was a trainee, I trained with the guys not with the girls because of my dancing skills. In the end, I had a hard time dancing some girly dances because I never trained to dance those moves but I did my best. I learned the dances on my own and take it as challenge and now here I am.” Hyoyeon said. “Although until now I am having hard time acting cute at the front of cameras.”

Reina smiled.

“Reinyan, I don’t want you to achieve what I already achieve but I want you to pass the achievements that I already achieve. I know that you can do it someday.” Hyoyeon said.

“What if I failed?” Reina asks.

“Don’t think negative. Stay always positive and think that there’s nothing impossible. I am always on your side and your future fans.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hai!” Reina said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“You’re asking me to be friend with Iriyama? No way, senpai.” Tomu said.

“You can’t call a group a group when the members don’t get along well.” Yuri said. “Why do you think that for 6 years our group is still has 9 members?”

“Because your relationship is just like sisters?” Tomu asks.

“Exactly. SNSD is not just a group but is like a family. We treat each other as sisters. That’s the only thing that we have that the others don’t have. It is really important to treat each other like that. I know it is hard for you and An’nin since you two start as enemies but it is not too late to start again and now as friends.” Yuri said.

“I don’t really have friends because no one wants to be friend to me because in our school I am the richest student. They think that I am showing my money to them but they are wrong. Even Kitahara hated me.” Tomu said.

“Kitahara is a friendly person. Try to approach her and she will be your friend. You just need to gain her trust.” Yuri said. “Sometimes, you need to approach first so others will understand you.”

Tomu remembers every word that Yuri said. If she really wants to have friends, she must do what Yuri said.

“We’re here!” Jessica said when she and Anna enter the room. “Eh? Where are Hyoyeon and Reinyan?”

“Having a heart-to-heart talk because Jae Won oppa made Reinyan cry.” Yuri said.

“What?” Jae Won innocently asks.

“An’nin, be careful with that guy. He loves making the trainees cry. He made Seohyun cried for few times when we were trainees.” Jessica said.

“I am not. It is part of training.” Jae Won said.

Anna walks towards Tomu.

“I’m sorry for being a brat.” Anna said.

“I’m sorry for being a brat too.” Tomu said. “Let’s start again but now as friends. Friends?”

Tomu offers a shake hands.

Anna accepts the shake hands.

“Friends.” Anna said and smiled.

“Aiye!!! They are friends now.” Hyoyeon said when she and Reina saw everything.

Reina, Anna and Tomu are happy that they have a chance to be with their senpais because they learned something that they can never forget.


While writing the last part of this chapter I was listening to Kimi to Zutto by Yuyu. I think the song is perfect to the last part although I can't understand the lyrics. XD