SNSD's 2nd Generation?

Journey To Success

SM Entertainment Building…

SNSD went to the SM Building when their manager called them telling that they need to discuss something.

“I wonder what oppa wants to discuss with us.” Yoona asks. She’s the center of the group. She was an actress and CF model before their group formed in 2007.

“A new single?” Sunny asks. She is the niece of Lee Soo Man, the owner of SME.

“Whatever it is we must hurry. We are already late. I and Yuri need to go to Dancing 9.” Hyoyeon said. She is the main dancer of the group along with Yuri.

The 9 girls enter a room where their manager is waiting.

“Sit down, girls.” Their manager said.

“Oppa, what is it?” Taeyeon asks. She is the leader of the group and acts like a mom.

“SM decided that you should have a 2nd generation girl group.” Their manager said.

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asks.

“Just like in AKB48.” Their manager said. “AKB48 have 1st generation, 2nd generation, 3rd generation and so on. Now, Girls’ Generation will have their very own second generation in Japan.”

“What? We don’t need that. What is this? Are we going to graduate too?” Tiffany asks. She is born in America and she is fluent in English.

“No. We are making second generation of your group to promote in Japan.” Their manager said.

“We can promote in Japan without them.” Jessica said, the ice princess of the group because of her appearance.

“Well, the SM finally decided and you can’t do anything about it.” Their manager said.

“Then, what is the use of making us go here? You could’ve just called Taeng and say ‘Hey Taeyeon, guess what? SM is going to release a second generation of your group in Japan.’” Sooyoung said. She is younger than Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Tiffany, Yuri and Hyoyeon but since she was born in early month she considered herself as same age of them.

“Let me guess, you already chosen the trainees that will be part of this stupid generation.” Tiffany said.

“Actually, not yet. SM wants you to personally choose the trainees.” Their manager said.

“Great! They added a new one in our packed schedule.” Yuri said.

“Sorry, oppa, but if the SM wants that, they have to choose the trainees on their own.” Taeyeon said. “Let’s go, girls.”

“Oppa, fans won’t gonna like it.” Seohyun said before she leaves. She is the maknae of the group but even though she is the maknae she acts mature above the others.

The SNSD left their manager alone.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Few days later…

The manager tries to talk to Hyoyeon. He is with Hyoyeon in Hongkong. Hyoyeon went to Hongkong to attend an event.

“Oppa, all the members are against of it. Even if I want it, they won’t listen to me.” Hyoyeon said.

“I know but can you just think of it? It will lessen your work.” He said.

“It will lessen but it means that the fans in Japan won’t see us often.” Hyoyeon said. “I really don’t get it why we need to have a second generation. Our group is not the same of AKB48.”

“I know they have better plans. Just believe in them.” He said.

“I always do believe in them and understand them… even if it makes me sing one line in our song.” She said then whispered the last words.

“Hyoyeon, please talk to them or to Taeyeon.” He pleads.

“Araso, oppa. But don’t let your hopes up.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ne. Gomaweoh, Hyoyeon.” He said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After attending the event in Hongkong, Hyoyeon went straight back to South Korea and the first thing she did was to talk to Taeyeon.

“No. No. NO!” Taeyeon said.

“Taeng, oppa said that we could just give it a try.” Hyoyeon said.

“Then what? Once they got famous, SM will start ignoring us.” Taeyeon said.

“They can’t do that. We contribute so much to SM and it will be their loss if they abandon us.” Hyoyeon said.

“We are not sure about that, Hyo. I feel like SM will gonna use our group to promote their new girl group that’s why they are making this second generation group.” Taeyeon said.

“Taeng, think about it. If SM will announced to the public about the second generation, fans will not accept it easily and they even protest at the front of SM building. Let’s just give it a try and see what will gonna happen.” Hyoyeon said.

Taeyeon thinks about it for a moment.

“Ok fine. Let’s try it. We will participate in the audition and we will observe their training.” Taeyeon said.

Hyoyeon smiled.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“What? You’ve got to be kidding me, Taeng.” Tiffany said when Taeyeon told them her decision.

“Do I look like I am joking?” Taeyeon asks.

“But you know we are all against it.” Tiffany said.

“Even if we are against it, SM will still do it. All we need is to participate to their project so if anything happens they will not abandon us.” Taeyeon said.

“You know that they can’t abandon us.” Sooyoung said.

“I am just stating the possibilities. Girls, we don’t have anything to lose if we try it. I’m sure SM has plans for the second generation. They can’t replace us. We’ve been together for 6 years, us and SONE. No one can replace us even other girl groups here.” Taeyeon said. “We will just help the future trainees to be idols.”

“I don’t know but I don’t think this is a good idea.” Sunny said.

“Girls, come on. Even though we don’t have cousins or sisters there it doesn’t mean that we don’t help them. Remember, how we helped f(x) during their training or SHINee or even EXO.” Taeyeon said.

The girls are silent.

“Fine. Raise your hand if you are in favor of me.” Taeyeon said. Taeyeon raised her hand first.

Hyoyeon raised her hand and also Seohyun. Yoona joins them and also Yuri.

“5 against 4. It’s settled.” Taeyeon said. “I’ll talk to oppa to tell this.”

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the SNSD agreed, the SM announced an audition in Japan for the 2nd Generation of Shoujo Jidai.

“An’nin! An’nin!” Kato Rena shouts as she runs towards Iriyama Anna’s classroom.

“What?” Anna asks.

“SM will be having an audition for the 2nd generation of Shoujo Jidai.” Rena said.

“2nd generation? What is that? AKB48?” Anna asks and smirked.

“Hey! This is your chance to be an idol.” Rena said. “Don’t you want to find your brother? If you become an idol, it would be easy for you to find your brother.”

“I don’t have a brother.” Anna said. “Since he left me.”

Rena decided to shut .

……………………………………………………………………………….

Yamamoto’s Residence…

Yamamoto Sayaka is quietly eating at their dining room alone. Her parents are working overseas for their business. She is the only daughter of their family that’s why she is always alone.

“Miss Sayaka, the car is ready.” The butler said.

She finished her breakfast and leaves.

She is studying in a most prestigious school in Japan. Although she is rich, Sayaka doesn’t have any friends because every person who approaches her is after their money.

When she arrived at her school, everyone is chatting not minding her. When she got in her classroom, she quietly sat on her chair and reads her book just then she heard the loudest girl in school coming.

“An’nin! An’nin!” Sayaka knew that it was Kato Rena. Rena’s classroom is on the end of the second floor. Rena is Iriyama Anna’s friend. Just like her, Anna is quiet but unlike her Anna has friends and unlike her Anna is snobbish and Anna is the girl you don’t want to mess with. Why? Anna is scary once she gets mad.

“What?” Sayaka heard Anna asks when Rena came in.

“SM will be having an audition for the 2nd generation of Shoujo Jidai.” Rena said.

“2nd generation? What is that? AKB48?” Anna asks and smirked.

“Hey! This is your chance to be an idol.” Rena said. “Don’t you want to find your brother? If you become an idol, it would be easy for you to find your brother.”

“I don’t have a brother.” Anna said. “Since he left me.”

Rena decided to shut .

Sayaka doesn’t want to listen to the conversation of the two but it really caught her attention. She’s been a fan of Shoujo Jidai before they start debuting in Japan. It would be a great chance if she auditions but no, her parents wouldn’t like it.

Sayaka decided to focus on the book she was reading.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside a grocery store…

“Ayaka-chan, have you heard about the second generation of Shoujo Jidai?” Umeda Ayaka’s friend asks.

“Hai. All the high school students at the bus are talking about it a while ago.” Ayaka said.

“Wanna join?” her friend asks.

“Masuda Yuka, I am too old for that.” She said.

“Why?” Yuka asks.

“Second generation of Shoujo Jidai. I am the same age of the original Shoujo Jidai.” She said.

“You can try. And besides, I think there will be no graduation unlike AKB48.” Yuka said.

“I don’t want to try.” Ayaka said. “And will you just focus on your work. Customers are coming.”

Yuka pouts before doing what Ayaka told her to do.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Rie, wake up! You’re going to be late.” Kitahara Rie’s mom shouts.

“I’m already awake.” Rie said but still sleeping.

After few minutes, her mom went to her room and splashes her cold water.

“I’m awake! I’m awake!” Rie suddenly said and gets up.

“Hurry up!” her mom shouts and goes out of the room.

Rie went to the bathroom to take a bath.

After getting ready to school, she went to the dining room. She saw her dad reading newspaper while drinking coffee.

Rie grabs a toast and put it in while looking at the newspaper that her dad holding.

“EH?!!!” Rie said and the toast fell from . She grabs the newspaper from her dad.

“Hey!” her dad shouts.

“SM will have an audition for the second generation of Shoujo Jidai?!!!” Rie said.

“What are you talking about?” her dad asks.

“Otosan, this is my chance to be an idol.” She said while showing the news.

Her dad laughed loudly. “You? An idol? Are you kidding me?”

“What? I can sing and dance.” Rie said.

“But you don’t have looks.” Her dad said.

“How can you say that to your own daughter? We have the same face!” Rie said and walks out.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Rie is walking towards her school while murmuring. “How dare he say that? Wait until I audition.” She murmured.

She is walking at the sidewalk when a car passed by and the water from the ground splashed towards her.

“Aish! Not again!” Rie said. Her uniform is wet and dirty. Rie glares at the car that parked at the front gate of their school. “Mutou.” She said when she saw who the owner of the car.

“Oh my! Rie, what happened to you?” it was her friend Takajo Aki.

“That Mutou did this to me.” Rie angrily said.

“You should always pay attention while walking at the sidewalk. You know how reckless Mutou’s driver is.” Aki said.

Rie pouts.

……………………………………………………………………………….

SME Building, Japan…

The SNSD is having a meeting with the others regarding the Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd Generation.

“In the audition, you can choose as many as you want because some trainees will be eliminated in the middle of their training if they didn’t pass your qualifications.” The head of SME Japan said.

“No need. We will be going to choose 9 girls that we think represent us and if they didn’t pass our qualifications, you must forget about 2nd Generation thingy.” Tiffany said.

“But…”

“We all agreed to it.” Tiffany said. “Right, girls?”

The other 8 members nodded.

“Ok. Do what you want. This meeting ends here.” The head of the SME Japan said before she leaves. “Are they trying to mess up the plan? If they do, they wouldn’t like what’s going to happen to them.”

……………………………………………………………………………….

After few weeks…

“An’nin, I got you a form for the audition.” Rena said. She is inside Anna’s room again early in the morning.

“I told you I am not going to audition.” Anna said.

“Come on! Just try it.” Rena said.

Anna didn’t look at the form. She is busy cleaning her flute.

“Fine. I am just going to write your name here.” Rena said.

Anna glares at Rena.

“Fine. I am not going to do it.” Rena said. “Yamamoto, do you want the form? If you are interested in audition.”

Sayaka doubts if she will accept the paper or not but something inside of her wants to accept it. In the end she accepts the paper.

“Thanks.” She said.

Rena smiled. “You’re welcome.”

“Class starts soon. Aren’t you going back to your room?” Anna asks.

“Hai! See you at lunch.” Rena said.