Trainees vs. Trainees

Journey To Success

The Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation woke up very early so they won’t be late in their first day summer training.

4:55 when they arrived at the empty lot at the back of SME Building.

“5 minutes early. Didn’t expect that.” Akimoto Sayaka said when she saw the girls arriving. “Especially Kitarie.”

Rie pouts.

“You still have 5 minutes. Better enjoy that.” Akimoto Sayaka said.

“Why do I feel that this exercise will be a bloody exercise?” Tomu said.

Exactly 5:00 when another group of girls came.

“O.M.G. Not them.” Reina whispered.

Tomu smirked.

“You’re just in time, girls.” Akimoto Sayaka said.

“Ohayou gozaimasu!” the new came girls greet.

“Shoujo Jidai 2nd generation, meet the Japanese trainees from South Korea.” Akimoto Sayaka said. “Iwata Karen, Sato Yukari, Tano Yuka, Furuhata Nao, Takeuchi Miyu, Watanabe Miyuki and Nakamura Mariko.”

“We already met them.” Tomu said.

“Really? Oh! When you went to South Korea with senpais.” Ayaka said.

“For this whole summer, you will be train together.” Akimoto Sayaka said. “But this will be a competition. In the end of the summer, each group will perform at the front of Shoujo Jidai and the CEO of SME. Whoever group wins, that group will be the real Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation.”

“Eh?!!!” they all reacted.

“Does this mean that they can be also Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation?” Rie asks.

“If you do not do well.” Akimoto Sayaka said.

“Yosh! We still have a chance.” Komari said.

“How can they be Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation when they only have 7 members?” Miori asks.

“There will be another 2 but they are still not here. They will join you later.” Akimoto Sayaka said. “Ok. Let’s start the exercise. Warm-up first.”

‘I can’t let those trainees win. I’ll do anything to be a Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation.’ Tomu’s thought.

All of them are thinking the same thing.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the morning exercise they all proceed to the practice room for their dance training.

“Good morning.” Tomochin greets. “No time for rest. Let’s get started.”

“Hai!” they all said.

“Sensei, question!” Miori said while raising her hand.

“What is it, Fresh Lemon?” Tomochin asks.

“When will the two trainees come?” Miori asks.

“They will be here later. They are on their way here from airport.” Tomochin said. “Now, let’s start.”

They all dance.

“Reinyan and Miyuki, do a showdown.” Tomochin said.

“Eh?” Reina was surprised.

“Go, Milky.” Komari said.

“Piece of cake.” Milky said and went to the center of the room.

Tomochin plays the song Maxstep by Younique Unit.

Milky starts to dance.

“Go, Milky. Go, go. Go, Milky, Go!” her friends cheer.

“Reinyan, you can’t let that girl beat you to be Hyoyeon’s senpai’s 2nd generation, right?” Ayaka said.

“H-Hai but…” Reina is nervous.

“Then, show them what you got!” Airi said and pushed Reina to the center of the room.

Reina was standing there while Milky keeps on dancing.

“Show me what you got, loser.” Milky whispered to her.

Reina took a deep breath before dancing. She did what her senpai thought to her.

She did popping and locking, wave, hip-hop and etc.

“That’s our Reinyan!” Rie proudly said.

When the song ended, Reina feels great.

“Good job, Reinyan.” Tomochin said. “And you too, Milky.”

Reina went back to her friends.

“How is it?” Reina asks.

“Great!” they all said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

South Korea…

Yuri went to SME Building to record a song when she saw her manager and the director of SME Japan talking at the corridor.

She was about to greet them when she heard the name of Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation.

“Right now, the trainees and the future 2nd generation will train together and after two months, they will compete for who will be the real Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation.” The director said.

“What is he saying?” Yuri whispered.

“What about SNSD? They won’t approve this.” SNSD’s manager said.

“It is already been decided.” The director said.

“The SNSD shall know.” SNSD’s manager said.

“They will know on the day of the judgment.” The director said and left.

“Oppa, what is that?” Yuri asks the manager.

“Yuri! Why are you here?” the manager asks.

“Obviously I have recording today.” Yuri said. “Now, what is the meaning of that?”

“I can’t tell you. Actually, I don’t even know the details but I think the 2nd generation that you picked may not be your actual 2nd generation.” He said.

“Why?” Yuri asks. “What is going on?”

“Starting today, the Japanese trainees will train together with your 2nd generation and after two months they will compete for the title of Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation.” He said.

“That’s ridiculous! We chose those girls to be our 2nd generation because we know that they can do it.” Yuri said. “Oppa, the girls must know this.”

“Ok. Ok. They must know this but tell that to them later. Record first.” He said.

“Araso.” Yuri said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

The trainees had a 30 minutes free time before going to their next training.

“Urghhh… My legs are numb because of too much exercise and dancing.” Rie said.

“We still have trainings later.” Tomu said.

Misaki looks around.

“Where’s Fresh Lemon?” Misaki asks.

“And even Sayanee.”Airi said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Sayaka is waiting for Miori to finish talking to her mother on the handphone. A while ago, Miori left the group and Sayaka secretly followed her.

After a while, Miori came out from where she secretly talking to her mom. She was surprised to see Sayaka there.

“Sayanee?” Miori said.

“I already know about your family. Your mom told me and she asked me to watch over you.” Sayaka said.

Miori suddenly cried. “Gomene.” Miori said.

Sayaka hugs her to comfort her.

“What’s this? A baby crying?” someone said.

When they see who it is, they saw Takeuchi Miyu with Komari.

“What’s wrong? Are you crying because you miss your mommy?” Miyu said.

“Don’t mind her.” Sayaka whispered to Miori. “Let’s go.”

Sayaka and MIori was about to walk pass them when Komari grabs Sayaka’s arm.

“I didn’t know how Tiffany senpai chose you but I am sure that you used your money.” Komari said to her.

“Leave her alone, Nakamura.” Tomu said from the end of the corridor and walks towards them. “Sayanee isn’t your opponent. It’s me.”

Komari let go of Sayaka’s arm. “Is that so? Then, I’ll be glad.” Komari said.

Tomu took Miori and Sayaka away from Miyu and Komari.

……………………………………………………………………………….

They are now entering the room for their vocal training when they notice two girls inside.

“Oh? Haruppi?” Sayaka said.

“Ricchan.” Anna said.

“You know them?” Ayaka asks.

“Sayaka!” the girl that Sayaka called Haruppi happily said and runs towards her.

“I miss you, Haruppi.” Sayaka said. “Why are you here?”

“She and Kawaei Rina will join you in your training.” Takamina said.

“Eh? You mean Ricchan is my…enemy?” Anna said.

“Enemy? Don’t say that.” Rina said.

“Everyone, meet Kodama Haruka and Kawaei Rina. They will be in the trainees group.” Takamina said.

“Alright.” The trainees said.

Anna and Sayaka are not happy about it.

“Umechan and Yukari, please come forward.” Takamina said.

“How did you know Kawaei Rina?” Misaki asks Anna while Takamina and Yukari are singing.

“She’s my friend in kindergarten until elementary but we got separated when she and her family move somewhere else.” Anna said.

“What about you, Sayanee?” Misaki asks.

“Haruppi is my only friend since I was young. She often visits me in my house to play but she went to London to live there with her parents.” Sayaka said.

“Good job, Umechan and Yukari.” Takamina said after the two sings. “Next are An’nin and Rina.”

“But sensei, I don’t want to compete against Ricchan.” Anna said.

“You have no choice.” Takamina said. “Come on now.”

Anna sighed.

Rina looks at her with a worried face.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After their variety lesson, it was lunch break.

Rina and Haruppi are planning to join Anna and Sayaka when Milky stops them. “You two should join us since we are a group.” Milky said.

“But…”

“No more buts. Let’s go.” Milky said before Rina could protest.

Rina and Haruppi don’t have a choice but to go with Milky.

“Since you two are in our group, you must know that we need to work together.” Yukari said while eating.

“I don’t care if you’re friends of them. The most important to me is to become a Shoujo Jidai’s 2nd generation.” Komari said. “Understand?”

“H-Hai.” The two said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After their training the whole day, they went back to their dorm.

Rie just washes her face and went straight to sleep.

“She’s really tired.” Ayaka said.

“Right.” Reina said.

“Let’s all sleep so we can wake up early tomorrow.” Ayaka said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

The training continues. Anna and Sayaka don’t have time to talk to Rina and Haruppi because the trainees are intentionally stopping the plan of Anna and Sayaka to talk to their friends.

3 weeks had passed without them knowing.

“Girls, I have here the list of your names and who will be your opponents.” Sae said. “At the end of the summer, you will perform differently and lastly as a group.”

They are all listening.

“There will be three categories: singing, dancing and acting. The singers are Umechan, Wasamin and Sayanee vs. Yukari, Nao and Haruka. The dancers are Reinyan, Tomu and Kitarie vs. Milky, Komari and Yuuka. And lastly for the actresses are Airin, An’nin and Fresh Lemon vs. Karen, Rina and Miyu.” Sae said. “And for the final, you’ll be performing as a group.”

“Sensei, do we need to make our own dance steps?” Reina asks.

“Hai. Singers should choose their own song. Actresses should think of a scene.” Sae said.

“This is hard.” Miori whispered.

“Good luck, everyone.” Sae said. “And also, the Shoujo Jidai can’t help the 2nd generation trainees so it will be fair for the other trainees.”

“Good.” Yukari said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After their training that day, they all went back to their dorm except Tomu and Reina.

“Where are Tomu and Reina?” Ayaka asks.

“They went to the studio to choose the songs that we need to dance.” Rie said.

“Why don’t you help them?” Airi asks.

“I volunteered but they said that I will just ruin everything.” Rie said.

“They’re right.” Airi said.

“What?” Rie asks.

“An’nin, Fresh Lemon, let’s talk about the scene we are going to act.” Airi said.

“Hai.” Anna and Miori said.

“Sayanee, Wasamin, what song are we going to sing?” Ayaka asks.

“Shall we search some songs?” Wasamin asks.

“Let’s go to my room.” Sayanee said.

The girls went to the rooms while Rie left alone in the living room.

……………………………………………………………………………….

At the other dorm…

“We should not let them win.” Yukari said.

“Right now, Muto and Fujie are in the studio.” Yuuka said.

“Probably they will try to remix some songs.” Nao said. “You should do it too.”

“We don’t know how to do it.” Komari said.

“But I know someone who can.” Milky said.

“Good. Contact that person.” Yukari said.

“I’ll go see him tomorrow.” Milky said.

Yukari looks at Haruppi and Rina.

“I don’t want you two to mess up. Understand?” Yukari said.

The two nodded.