The Audition

Journey To Success

It is time for the audition. Fans are outside the SM Building, protesting the audition that will gonna happen.

Kitahara Rie excitedly enters the building not minding the angry fans.

Umeda Ayaka enters the building with Masuda Yuka. The two friends both agree to audition together.

Yamamoto Sayaka is watching from the other side of the street. She is holding the form.

Iriyama Anna and Kato Rena enter the building. Iriyama Anna is not there for joining the audition, she is there to give support to Kato Rena.

Young girls are entering the building continuously. Yamamoto Sayaka is still thinking if she is going in or not. She took a deep breath before crossing the street and walks straight to the building.

“Isn’t that Yamamoto Sayaka?” a fan asks.

“She is going to audition, too?” another fan asks. “Maybe she will gonna use her money so she can enter SM.”

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the SM Building…

The SNSD is getting ready for the audition.

“Girls, choose the most untalented person.” Sooyoung said.

“I will not do that, Sooyoung.” Hyoyeon said. “I am a judge and mentor in Dancing 9. Fans are expecting me to choose wisely.”

“Me, too.” Yuri said.

“Come on! We need to ruin the second generation from the start.” Sooyoung said.

“We are not going to do that, Sooyoung. If you want to be a good senpai for the trainees and a good idol to the fans, you will do the right thing.” Taeyeon said.

“Girls, it is time.” Their manager said.

“Let’s go, girls!” Taeyeon said.

The SNSD enters the audition room. They all sat on the 9 chairs.

“Let’s start the audition.” Taeyeon said.

One by one, young girls are coming in and out of the audition room. There are some has talents but some don’t have.

……………………………………………………………………………….

At the waiting room…

Kitahara Rie is getting more and more nervous. Her number is 124. She looks around and some of the girls are practicing their dancing and singing then someone caught her attention. “Eh? Mutou is also here?” she said when she saw a girl at the corner wearing a headphone while dancing. “What is she doing here?”

On the other side of the room, Yamamoto Sayaka is quietly sitting on her chair while waiting for her turn. Her number is 150. On her front are Iriyama Anna and Kato Rena.

Kato Rena is just relaxed. “Don’t you feel nervous?” Anna asks.

“Not at all.” Rena said and smile.

Iriyama Anna is sensing something is wrong but she doesn’t know what it is.

“An’nin, look at the girl wearing a outfit. Isn’t she kawaii?” Rena asks.

Anna looks at the girl that Rena talking about.

The girl is small and wearing a dress and she is holding a big lollipop.

“Is she going to dance Kissing You?” Anna asks. Kissing You is one of the song of SNSD.

“Maybe.” Rena said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the audition room…

Tiffany is getting bored because she doesn’t find a girl that will represent her.

“Taeng, can we have a break after the 50th girl?” Tiffany asks.

“Ok.” Taeyeon said.

The 50th girl came in. She sings Dear Mom of SNSD. She was about to sing the chorus part when Jessica cuts her.

“Ok. That’s enough. Thank you. We will call you if you pass the audition.” Jessica said.

“But aren’t you going to ask me to dance?” the girl asks.

“No need.” Jessica said. “Thank you.”

“We will have a 30 minute break.” Taeyeon said to the staff.

Everyone stands up and stretch.

“Urghh! My hurts for sitting for so long.” Sooyoung said.

“You are always complaining for standing for so long every time we have works but now you are complaining for sitting for so long? What do you really want?” Yuri asks.

“I need a balance.” Sooyoung said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the waiting room…

“The Shoujo Jidai will have a 30-minute break.” The staff informed the girls.

“An’nin, let’s grab something to eat.” Rena said.

Yamamoto Sayaka felt hungry so she decided to go to the cafeteria at the ground floor of the building.

“Umechan, let’s eat.” Yuka said.

Umeda Ayaka nodded.

Kitahara Rie decided to eat too.

……………………………………………………………………………….

SNSD is eating their snacks inside a practice room.

“Have you guys chosen your trainees?” Yoona asks.

“Not yet. They are always missing something.” Hyoyeon said.

Jessica lay down on the sofa. “Urghh! I’m sleepy.” She said.

“You can’t sleep. We still have 450 applicants to check.” Sunny said.

“I need a coffee.” Jessica said. “A strong one so I can stay awake.”

“Maknae, tell to the staffs to buy us strong coffees.” Taeyeon said.

Seohyun stood up and goes out.

……………………………………………………………………………….

The staffs are nowhere to be seen, Seohyun doesn’t know where to find them. Just then, she notices a girl at the lobby alone singing a song. She has a beautiful voice that Seohyun never heard before from an ordinary person. She was about to approaches her when someone called her.

“Seohyun, why are you here?” it was their manager.

“Ah! Oppa, Taeyeon unnie told me to ask a staff to buy us strong coffees. Sica unnie is feeling sleepy.” Seohyun said.

“I will tell that to a staff. Go back to your 8 unnie.” Their manager said.

“Ne.” Seohyun said and quickly left forgetting about the girl.

……………………………………………………………………………….

The 30-minute break is over. The SNSD goes back inside the audition room. Their strong coffees are already at their table.

The audition continues.

“Please call number 100. Mutou Tomu.” Taeyeon said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the waiting room…

“Number 100. Mutou Tomu.” The staff said.

Kitahara Rie watches Mutou Tomu going out of the waiting room.

“I’ll quit the training if she and I both passed the audition.” Rie said.

“I heard that, Number 124.” Someone said from Rie’s back.

When Rie turns around, she saw the girl sitting with a cute smile on her face.

Rie got a goosebumped and she doesn’t understand why.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the audition room…

“Miss Mutou Tomu, tell us something about yourself.” Taeyeon said.

“No need. Just show us your talent.” Tiffany said.

Mutou Tomu plays the song from her handphone.

“That’s the song I sang during our concert.” Yuri said.

Mutou Tomu danced the “IF” that Yuri sang during their concert.

“Can you sing?” Sunny asks.

Mutou Tomu sings a Japanese song.

“Thank you, Miss Mutou Tomu. We will call you if you pass the audition.” Taeyeon said.

“Hyo, she’s mine.” Yuri said.

“It’s all yours.” Hyoyeon said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Inside the waiting room…

“Number 119. Nakanishi Rina.” The staff called the next girl.

“You’ll be the next, Renacchi.” Anna said.

“I think I need to pee.” Rena said.

“Make it fast. You’ll be the next.” Anna said.

“Hold my number first.” Rena said and quickly left.

Anna feels nervous when Rena didn’t come back. “Where is that girl?” she asks herself.

After few minutes, the staff came in again.

“Number 120. Iriyama Anna.” The staff called.

Anna’s eyes widened. “What? There must be some mistakes.” Anna said.

The staff called her again.

Anna walks towards the staff. “Excuse me, there must be some-”

“Are you Iriyama Anna?” the staff asks.

“Hai but-”

“Let’s go.” The staff said and pulls Anna towards the audition room.

Anna doesn’t know what is going on. The next thing she knew is that she is standing at the front of SNSD.

“Show us your talent, Miss Iriyama Anna.” Jessica said.

“There must be some mistakes here. My friend, Kato Rena, is the one who should be here not me. I came with her to support her.” Anna said.

“But you have an application here.” Jessica showed the application form. Her picture and personal information are written there.

It is now clear, Kato Rena fooled her.

“You’re a dead meat, Renacchi.” She whispered.

“Are you going to show your talent or not?” Sooyoung irritated asks.

“I don’t really have plans to audition.” She said.

“It says here that you want to audition to find your brother.” Jessica said before Anna left.

“I didn’t write it.” Anna said.

“Your friend must have a good reason why she done this. She must have concern about you and your lost brother.” Jessica said. “Why don’t you give it a try?”

“No.” she said.

“Coward.” Jessica said.

Anna was frozen on her feet when Jessica said it.

“You want to find your brother but you don’t want to audition. You are such a coward.” Jessica said.

“Sica, stop it.” Sunny said.

“C.O.W.A.R.D. Coward.” Jessica said.

Anna closes her eyes and sings. She sings Jessica’s Overflowing With Tears.

The SNSD is quiet while listening to her singing.

After she sings, Anna quickly left.

“Why did you call her a coward?” Sunny asks.

“It is written in her form. It says here: Call her coward so she can sing.” Jessica said.

Sunny looks at the paper, it is really written there at the back of the paper.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Number 124, Kitahara Rie.” The staff called.

“Rie, relax. You can do it.” Rie said to herself.

Rie enters the audition room.

“O-O-Ohayou G-G-Gozaimasu…” Rie’s voice is trembling.

“Miss Kitahara Rie, relax.” Sooyoung said.

“H-Hai.” Rie said.

“Take a deep breath.” Sooyoung said.

Rie take a really deep breath.

“Now, what is your talent?” Sooyoung asks.

“Singing and dancing.” Rie said.

“Let us hear your voice.” Sooyoung said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Kitahara Rie finally relaxed after the audition. She was really nervous while inside the room but good thing she didn’t made a mistake during her singing and dancing.

She is now walking passed the waiting room when she saw the girl going out. It must be the girl’s turn.

“If she passed the audition, she can be Sunny.” Rie said and walks away.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Ohayou Gozaimasu! Ichikiwa Miori desu!” the girl cutely said.

“She’s different to the number 124.” Hyoyeon whispered to Sooyoung.

“Ok, Miss Ichikiwa Miori. What is your talent?” Sunny asks.

“Singing, dancing and acting cute.” She said.

“Let us hear your voice.” Sunny said.

“I will do the three-in-one.” She said.

“Oh? Let us see your three-in-one.” Sunny said.

The girl plays the song “Kissing You”. She sings and dances while acting cute.

Sunny is enjoying watching her.

“Thank you, Miss Ichikiwa Miori.” Sunny said. “We’ll call you if you passed the audition.”

 ……………………………………………………………………………….

“Number 141. Miss Umeda Ayaka.” The staff said.

“It’s your turn now.” Yuka said. “Fighting!” Yuka just finished her audition.

Umeda Ayaka enters the audition room.

She sings a Japanese song.

“Thank you, Miss Umeda Ayaka. You have a lovely voice.” Taeyeon said.

“Thank you.” Ayaka said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Number 145. Iwasa Misaki.” The staff called.

A serious girl stands up and walks towards the staff.

“She’s the girl.” Seohyun said. She remembers the face of the girl that has a beautiful voice.

“Miss Iwasa Misaki, please sing for us.” Seohyun said.

“We didn’t ask her if she is going to sing or dance.” Yoona said.

“I know that she will gonna sing for us.” Seohyun said. “Begin.”

Iwasa Misaki sings the song that Seohyun heard a while ago.

“She has a beautiful voice.” Taeyeon said.

“She’s mine, unnie.” Seohyun said. “Thank you, Miss Iwasa Misaki. You can go now.”

Iwasa Misaki bowed a little and left.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Number 150. Yamamoto Sayaka.” The staff called.

It is Yamamoto Sayaka’s turn now.

She silently enters the audition room.

“What is this? Is she sick or something?” Tiffany jokingly asks.

“Yah…” Yuri said.

Sayaka didn’t apply any make-up just a powder and a little lip-gloss, she let her long hair loose.

“Are you going to sing?” Yuri kindly asks.

Yamamoto Sayaka nodded.

“Start now.” Yuri said.

Yamamoto Sayaka sings a ballad song. She sings in her heart.

Everyone claps their hands except Tiffany.

“Thank you, Miss Yamamoto Sayaka.” Yuri said.

She bowed a little and left.

“Fany, you’re so mean.” Yuri said.

“What?” Tiffany innocently asks.

Yuri looks at her annoyingly.

“Let’s just call the next applicant.” Tiffany said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Miss Fujie Reina, it says in your application form that you used to be in a dance group in your school. What happened?” Hyoyeon asks.

“They kicked me out of the group.” Reina said.

“Why?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Because I am a better dancer than them.” Reina said.

“What kind of dance you know?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Just like you.” Reina said.

“Show it.” Hyoyeon said.

Reina plays music and dances the different kinds of dance.

Hyoyeon is amaze to Reina’s dance. She can tell that the girl has a talent. She is now sure who she will gonna choose.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“This is the last, girls.” Taeyeon said.

“Finally.” Sooyoung tiredly said.

“Number 500. Furukawa Airi.” Taeyeon said to staff.

After a while the last girl entered.

“Let’s make it quick, Miss Furukawa.” Taeyeon said. “Just do your talent.”

Furukawa Airi sings and dances.

“Not bad.” Jessica said.

“Thank you, Miss Furukawa. We will call you if you pass the audition.” Taeyeon said.

After the whole day of audition, the SNSD can finally go to their dorm in Japan.

“Tired.” Jessica as she lay down on the sofa.

“We will go back tomorrow there to choose who passed the audition.” Taeyeon said.

“We know.” They all said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

On the next day…

The SNSD is back to SM Building to discuss who will they choose.

“I like this girl. She really has a talent and she is a beauty.” Hyoyeon said.

“I am choosing between these two.” Taeyeon said holding two application forms.

“Unnie, I told you that girl is mine.” Seohyun said.

“Ok. Ok. She’s yours and this girl is mine. I think she can be a leader.” Taeyeon said.

“Fany, who’s yours?” Taeyeon asks.

“Her.” Tiffany said and points at the application form.

“Are you serious?” Taeyeon asks.

“Of course.” Tiffany said.

“What about the others?” Taeyeon asks.

They all passed the application forms to her.

“Ok. I’ll send this to manager oppa and he knows what to do.” Taeyeon said.