Chapter 8

When Love Knocks You Down (discontinued?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Okay, L-sshi, put your arm around Krystal’s shoulder. Yes, yes just like that and we’re… done!”

 

Ugh. Finally!

 

Sungjong groaned really loudly in their waiting room after hearing the photographer. With matching rolling of eyeballs, mind all of you.

 

Out of the two girl groups who also won in their school’s annual school activity, f(x) just had to be paired up with them in this photoshoot. Sungjong didn’t even give a damn about this girl group before, but now he does. And it infuriates Sungjong to the max.

 

Well to be honest, Sungjong doesn’t even remember when exactly he started getting all irritated. Thinking about it, it may have started last night.

 

Their manager phoned them the night before to tell them who they’re going to be shooting with today. Unfortunately, it was Woohyun who answered the phone call. He went running all over the apartment while shouting “We’re going to shoot with f(x) tomorrow!!”

 

And to add more damage, he even came up to Myungsoo and slung an arm around his shoulders. “Oh yeah finally! We’ll get to know which member it is who likes you, man!” Woohyun teased as he poked Myungsoo’s cheek repetitively.

 

Sungjong did not wait to hear Myungsoo’s counter reply to Woohyun but went and stayed in his shared bedroom that whole night. Heck he did not even get to sleep!

 

“Yes that explains everything. I just lack sleep. That’s all.” Sungjong whispered to himself so that none of the other members will hear. He took out his mobile phone from inside his bag and busied himself with games. For some strange reason, he wouldn’t want to see Myungsoo’s face. Not right after his touchy photoshoot with Krystal.

 

The sound of a door opening was heard, a sign that Myungsoo is back and ready to clean himself up now. “Hey! Ain’t you the lucky guy?” Woohyun spoke as soon as Myungsoo approached him to get his bag that was sitting quietly on the chair beside Woohyun. “Huh? Why is that so?” Myungsoo replied in a somehow uninterested way. Woohyun shot him up that ‘Are you kidding me?’ look.

 

“That was Krystal, L! I heard she’s the most popular member in f(x)! And…” Woohyun’s voice lowered all of a sudden, making Sungjong glance up to look at him in hopes to at least read his lips. “…I just got a tip. I heard she’s the girl who has an interest on you!”

 

"Ouch! Yah Sungjong! Watch where you put your feet will you? Geez!” Sungyeol’s loud voice echoed in the waiting room, resulting to everyone’s attention being directed now on both Sungyeol and Sungjong.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. Uhh… My game…” Sungjong apologized and tried to come up with a lame excuse. Seriously, he didn’t even know what his body is thinking. He didn’t even know why his feet got laid out on the floor, almost tripping Sungyeol.

 

“Whatever. Watch it next time.” Sungyeol said rather coldly and made his way to the private area. Sungjong sighed and slowly glanced over at Woohyun’s and Myungsoo’s direction. Woohyun is still there, now back to being busy with his phone. But Myungsoo isn’t there anymore and it made Sungjong sigh.

 

A couple of minutes later, Myungsoo came to sight again followed by the manager, who seemed to have an announcement to make.

 

“Good news, boys! You all got an interview, still with f(x), tomorrow. Got it?”

 

“Deh!”

 

“Alright. Get up now all of you and let’s all go home!” The manager clapped once, instantly making everyone to pick up their bags and leave one by one. The manager then placed a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder and spoke to him in a very low voice.

 

“Do well in the interview like I’ve told you, okay?”

 

***************************

 

Something’s bothering Myungsoo, Sungjong notices.

 

He had been really silent during the entire ride home. Well, he was always quiet. By silent, it means he didn’t even tried to start a conversation with Sungjong. Something that he normally does whenever they are beside each other inside the van, on the way to a schedule or on the way home.

 

Upon reach their apartment, Myungsoo just went straight to his shared room with Dongwoo and didn’t come out the whole night. The other members weren’t the least bothered nor looked like they noticed at all. They said things like “Oh he must have been tired. Just let him rest.” However to Sungjong, Myungsoo looks more restless than tired. So he decided to knock on Myungsoo’s room to check on him.

 

He didn’t hear any response. But after a few seconds, he heard the door unlock so he turned the doorknob and entered. There, he saw Myungsoo lying on his bed staring intently on the ceiling.

 

“You’re going to bore holes on the ceiling if you keep doing that.” Sungjong started, hoping to get Myungsoo to talk to him. And tell him what’s wrong later on.

 

Myungsoo didn’t reply but his eyes moved to his left to look at Sungjong. An indication that he acknowledges his presence at least. He quickly stare back at the ceiling and sighed. A few seconds later, he heard shuffling of feet. He turned to look at his left again and saw Sungjong now comfortably sitting in an Indian position on the floor right beside his bed. Their eyes met for a second before Myungsoo turned away again.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter