Chapter 5

When Love Knocks You Down (discontinued?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I love you, Sungjong.”

 

Those words had been haunting Sungjong for quite a while now.

 

***************************

 

It’s been a week since their group, INFINITE, won the yearly activity on the fourth semester with their song “Be Mine”. The group members were all surprised, that almost half of them smiled about the victory and half of them cried. And this other half cried more as it dawned upon them that their hard work as a team has finally paid off.  But out of this half, Dongwoo and Sungjong were the ones who cried the most. They even hugged each other for comfort, but it only made them cry more. So Sungjong broke the hug and stepped away as he continued crying and then cover his face with both of his hands.

 

A few moments later, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him and hugged him tightly, his hands-covered face buried onto the person’s chest. He continued crying as one of this person’s hand began rubbing circles on his lower back and hushing him.

 

“Shhhhh Jongie, stop crying now. We won! We should be celebrating and not crying, hmmmm?” The person had whispered right in his ear, still rubbing circles on his lower back.

 

That voice.

 

Sungjong knows exactly who could possibly own that voice. He had been spending quite a lot of time with this person lately, that he had already memorized and can now easily tell how this person’s voice sounds like, whenever this person shouts, sings, talk, or even whisper. So he is 100% sure that the owner of the pair arms that are tightly wrapped around him, and the owner of that deep voice that had just whispered to him, is none other than Kim Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong pushed Myungsoo slightly away, to be able to breathe some air again and also to get a good view of him. He sniffed and then sweetly smiled at Myungsoo, who then hastily smiled back at him.

 

Myungsoo’s hands had reached out for Sungjong’s face, cupping it as both of his thumbs gently wiped the tears away. Sungjong just awkwardly stood there, not knowing where to look and just letting his hyung wipe his tears for him.

 

He felt himself not crying anymore, and also felt that Myungsoo had stopped wiping his tears. But his hands remained there on his face, still cupping it.

 

“Jongie, will you look at me?”

 

Had Myungsoo not be standing there right now and talking to him, Sungjong would pretty much mistake him for another person. He had never heard Myungsoo say something to nor ask him something in that tone of voice before. And it made Sungjong nervous.

 

“Sungjong-ah…”

 

There it is again. Sungjong gulped, his nervousness had gotten the best of him, and so he chose to close his eyes for a while and tightly pressed his lips together. A second later, he felt Myungsoo’s hands slowly leaving his face, causing Sungjong to abruptly open his eyes.

 

Sungjong had felt the time stop right when his eyes meet with Myungsoo’s gaze as they stand there on the stage, staring at each other. Myungsoo’s gaze held so much care and love. And his eyes. His eyes were like those of someone who has just fallen in love, and it made Sungjong wonder why he’s seeing that kind of someone in Myungsoo right now.

 

 “I love you, Sungjong.”

 

Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock. What? Did I hear that right? Did he just say-

 

“Yah! Sungjong-ah! You coming or what?” Sungyeol’s call for him made him snap out of his deep thoughts. He blinked his eyes a couple of times at the now empty space in front of him.

 

Was that all just my imagination?

But why does the hug feel so real? And the warmth of his hands on my face, I can still feel it…

He told me he loves me, but where is he now?

 

Sungjong looked around, only finding Sungyeol standing at the end of the stairs, who is impatiently wai

Please log in to read the full chapter