Chapter 9

When Love Knocks You Down (discontinued?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I don’t know what came into me.

 

It’s not like I wanted to run away.

 

But I felt really…

 

…Hurt.

 

***************************

 

Sungjong sighed as he walked aimlessly at the park. He is not in the mood to face and talk with s. Moreover listen to their constant and ridiculous teasing to Myungsoo about him and Krystal.

 

Remembering the interview from a while ago angered him once again. So out of anger, he violently kicked the rock he saw nearby towards the water in order to vent his anger.

 

But after seeing the rock drop into the water, it made Sungjong more confused than ever.

 

“Why am I even mad though? Sheesh!” He muttered kind of loudly, causing some passerby’s to look at him like he was some kind of a crazy person. He bit his lip in embarrassment and bowed his head down and quickly ran away from there.

 

While running, a familiar tree came into his view and headed there. He hid under the shade of that tree, leaning his back onto the trunk of the tree. After a few good minutes of panting and catching his breath, he slowly slid himself down the tree and sat down. He brought his knees up to his chest, hugged his legs, and placed his chin on top of his knees. There, he stared at the river blankly.

 

 

It’s not like I like him…

 

…Right?

 

 

Too consumed with his own thoughts, Sungjong did not even realize that someone who went to sit beside him under the shade of the tree.

 

To snap him out of his reverie, a flower was held right in front of the young boy. Just as expected, Sungjong reacted to it, blinking his eyes numerous times as he stared at the flower.

 

“It’s a purple hyacinth. I picked it up somewhere on my way here.” Sungjong’s ears perked up at the voice. That familiar voice. He slowly turned his head towards the direction of where the owner of the voice is.

 

As soon as he locked eyes with him, he instantly turned away and reverted his gaze back at the river.

 

“What are you doing here? And how did you know I was here?” Sungjong asked, annoyance spreading into his system again. He seriously isn’t in the mood yet to deal with his hyungs. Most especially Kim Myungsoo. And look to what the gods brought to him.

 

 

Why am I being punished like this?

 

 

He heard Myungsoo sigh, the purple hyacinth still in his hold and near his face.

 

“Purple Hyacinth. It actually symbolizes sorrow. But it also means ‘I’m sorry’ and ‘Please forgive me’.” He spoke to me. It was obviously not the answers I was looking for though. So I remained silent and waited for whatever his next move is.

 

“I’ve always known that you go here when something bothers you, Sungjong. And I’m here to say I’m sorry.” Now Sungjong is totally listening to Myungsoo now. He turned to Myungsoo’s direction, his cheek now the one leaning on his knees. He just simply faced that direction, gazing at nowhere. Myungsoo is still sad though, because Sungjong won’t still look at him. But it made him relieved at least that Sungjong is paying attention to him at this moment.

 

So, Myungsoo went on with his explanation. “What happened at the interview, it was all in the script. Manager-hyung talked me into it. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you last night.” It is now Sungjong’s turn to sigh. He was now sitting up straight and facing Myungsoo.

 

"I want to apologize too. For running away like that. I didn’t know what came over me.” He said as he fiddled with the purple hyacinth that he just took from Myungsoo’s grip. Silence overcame them for a moment.

 

Until Myungsoo started chuckling.

 

Sungjong glared at him. “What’s so funny?” He just tried to apologize and he will just get laughed at as a response?!

 

Before Sungjong gets mad at him again, Myungsoo quickly shook his head and beamed at the younger. “Were you jealous?”

 

Sungjong felt insulted with the question so in response, he kicked Myungsoo’s leg. “Yah! You were, weren’t you?”

 

“N-no way, hyung! Why would I be jealous?! I… I just felt cheated a-and curious! C-cause you suddenly become all joyous and excited this morning when you were exactly the opposite the night before!”

 

“How about the cheated part, hmmmm?” Myungsoo asked as he swiftly neared his face towards Sungjong’s.

 

Sungjong instantaneously leaned his face away and looked away from the older. “It’s… because you didn’t tell me what you were up to…” He mumbled more likely to himself, but Myungsoo caught it anyhow. He smiled really widely, his dimples and eye-smile appearing in an instant. He stood up and held a hand out for Sungjong to take.

 

“Come. Let’s go back to the apartment.” Sungjong stared at the older’s hand for a few seconds and gladly took it after. Myungsoo helped him up, pulling the younger hard onto him in purpose. The acti

Please log in to read the full chapter