Chapter 4

When Love Knocks You Down (discontinued?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Things have not been going well for INFINITE. For the last three semesters, they have failed to pass and win the school’s yearly activity to at least taste their life-long dream idol life. They believe they are doing well with their teamwork, but not really with their supposed-to-be idol skills. They have always believe that great teamwork will lead them to greatness no matter what. But then again, there are other important areas to consider and they had forgotten to work on them.

 

***************************

 

They competed during the first semester, armored with their song, Come Back Again. They had worked so hard with their composition, choreography, and synchronization for their first ever song. The judges were awed, though sadly, just like what their lyrics have said:

“Come back again come back come back
Come back again come back come back
Come back again come back come back
Come back again (Come back again)”

They indeed were asked by the judges to come back again next semester.

 

***************************

 

Second semester came, and INFINITE are once again armed with their second composition they have blessed with the name BTD. They have great confidence about this song since they put longer and meaningful words compared to their first one. They even practiced and mastered their own unique step that they have come up with, called the “scorpion dance”, the most difficult step to have ever been done by students in the whole history of W.E. Academy. They thought they have nailed it, since the judges had all their jaws dropped after their performance and were totally speechless. They would have won though if only no one from the crowd pointed out their pronunciation of the word ‘heart’. “Because I listen to my hurt-beat one by one… What on earth is a ‘hurt’-beat?!” The moment this person had said it, Sunggyu fought the urge to beat that person up as much as how Hoya fought his own urge to beat Dongwoo up for not listening to him and teaching the whole group with the wrong pronunciation of the word ‘heart’.

 

***************************

 

They then decided to go for the cute and bright theme for the third semester, since they haven’t won with their cool and manly themes for the last two semesters. They have named their composition this time with Nothing’s Over. Hoya didn’t like the choreography for this song one bit because everything reminds him of Woohyun. And when the day came for them to finally perform it, the judges couldn’t help but cringe to the choreography and they cringed more at the end of the song, when their attentions were all diverted to the Nam Woohyun, who was too engrossed throwing hearts and kisses to the crowd. Sunggyu then had him locked up in their studio room for a one whole day.

 

***************************

 

The first day of the fourth semester is now here and they are starting to get all hopeless. Three consecutive failures and no more ideas are coming into their minds. Everyone thinks that they are not doing well enough but there is one person who thinks that he is doing pretty well.

And that person is none other than Kim Myungsoo.

Why doing pretty well, you might ask? Well, after he had asked Sungjong for another chance to make up with their lost times together, the very next day, he came back to being the old sweet Myungsoo-hyung that Sungjong knows. He wakes Sungjong up every mornings; he brushes his hair for him after Sungjong bathes (Sungjong complained a lot about this but Myungsoo always just asks him (with puppy eyes) to let him do so cause he really loves touching and brushing his soft, silky hair); he sits next to Sungjong during meal times, just so he can put food on Sungjong’s plate and also to wipe the corner of his lips when there’s a grain of rice stuck there…

 

There was a time when they were waiting for the other teams to finish performing, Sungjong was watching and standing beside Woohyun when he suddenly felt a hand his head. He turned to that direction, but the culprit stopped with his head the moment he felt that Sungjong was about to turn. Sungjong glared at that certain direction where a certain Kim Myungsoo was standing and just shrugged it off and move

Please log in to read the full chapter