Epilogue

Wedding bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys!!!

Still remember this fanfic???

Well I took a long time, but this is now the real end of this fiction.

I had been really glad to write about those characters and I think the end suits them...

Soooo here is the epilogue! ^^

PS: subscribe ≠ like

*o0*°EPILOGUE°*0o*

 

                              The wedding was over and following his promise, Jaejoong had helped to clean everything. He had been doing so for hours already and now, he had to do the same in his own apartment. It didn't take quite as long as it had to set everything up, but it felt like eternity for him. He didn't hate cleaning like many people do though, the task wasn't too hard and he wasn't alone to do it either. Yet, it seemed to be more difficult than ever and last longer than it never did before, he sighed.

 

In fact, he knew his problem wasn't really the cleaning. He wasn't fond of it – like anybody else, he guessed – but he never hated it either. No, his problem was more related to the event. One in particular.

 

Right after the wedding's party, by the end of the night, he and Changmin parted to go back home, like everybody else.

 

The separation had been easy. They hadn't talk, but for both of them, it seemed to be simple. As if this day wasn't any different from another. As if they would simply meet again in the early afternoon, few hours later. At least, that's what they thought.

 

Instead, when he left, Jaejoong had been taking care of the family who came from the countryside and stayed in his apartment him for the time of the wedding. Then, the next day, as if wasn't only the bride's best man but the organizer of the ceremony, he had had to deal with requests and questions and all the people like his mom, his aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, Hyewon, Junsu... everybody but Changmin.

 

In fact, they didn't have the chance to see each together. If he only he had known, he would have probably done something before leaving. Maybe keeping him by his side a little longer, ask for more, wonder about the future.... anything!

 

They didn't even share their phone numbers, Jaejoong sighed as he remembered the way the events turned that day. Right, instead of literally jumping on each others, they should have taken a little moment to think about that 'after'. Not that he was completely sure Changmin wanted to though, he noted

 

And now, here he was, cleaning his flat. Helped by the recently married couple, but no Changmin around.

 

“Joongie, can you help me with those?” Hyewon called him with two wide cardboards in her hands.

“Sure~” he nodded, putting the broom down and taking the bigger box.

“Thanks.”

“What are those?” He asked, noticing clothes and goods as he peeked inside the closed bow.

“Curiosity kills the cat, Jae~” she smiled.

 

Jaejoong pouted and followed her out.

 

“Put that in the boot, and stop pouting please.”

 

Jaejoong groaned at her sentence, complaining the way she made fun of him, even after her wedding, but complied anyway.

 

“And that's not going to change any time soon, Jae,” she said softly, “even if we are not living together any longer.”

 

Surprised released the box and watched her with his mouth half open in surprise.

 

“Then... is this...” he started.

 

She nodded with a smile and he did the same.

 

“I see~”

 

So here she was leaving, he thought. Right before getting married, Hyewon and Yunho had been looking for a small apartment they could buy for the two of them. They had waited to be able to buy together and finally took the decision not such a long time before the wedding, even though they wanted to wait after the fateful day to settle in. Jaejoong knew they would. Of course he did, but he forgot that leaving with Yunho would mean she would no longer stay in their apartment, the one they had been sharing for years.

 

He wasn't sad, but it was weird. Such a change in his life after almost ten years living the same way with his best friend. But well, this was a good change, one for a better life, he reasoned and turned toward her with a grin only to see her looking thoughtfully toward the apartment.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter