Staff Party

The Skin Game of Life

Miyoung's POV.

It's been an hour and a half since Wooyoung and I arrived at the restaurant, I don't think I can take it any longer.

Don't get me wrong, everything's been perfectly pleasant, and I've always concidered Wooyoung good company, but something in the back of my head urged to run away...telling me something was not honest about my relationship with Wooyoung, beacuse let's face it, I'd been trying for two and a half months to like him after endless dates and nights talking on the phone, and all I could think of was that pair of big, brown eyes...

"MiYoung?"

The sound of his voice calling my name pulled me out of my reviere,and I snapped back into reality.

"Huh?" I muttered.

He sighed sadly. "Did you hear what I just said?"

I felt sorry and embarrassed now, since this was approximately the fourth time he had to pretty much yell at me to get down from the confusing cloud I kept flying away on.

I scratched my head a little and apologized as cutely as I could, maybe it could get me off the hook.

"I said that my mother has already begun looking at venues for our wedding, and she thought you should take a look around with her as well." he repeated, a little annoyed with me this time.

The news took my by surprise, I didn't expect that after two and a half months of meeting Wooyoung, venues for our wedding would already start being concidered.

"Excuse me? Wedding venues?" I said, the heat inside of me spreading through my body like I'd poured gasoline all over it.

"I know it's a little rushed, but weddings take months to plan, don't they?" he tried to sound as innocent as possible, but it all came out fake and forced.

"I thought there had to be willingness from both parties to even concider a wedding." I said as matter-of-fact as I could manage.

"I'm willing." his voice came out rushed.

A very long and disappointing silence followed as I thought about the many things Wooyoung promised when this whole arrangement began a while back. Things like 'I won't push you' and 'I know this is hard' and the obvious 'Don't worry, I won't force you'. I wondered what had made him so desperate in less that three months.

"Who's making you say those things, Wooyoung? I know you think differently." I said slowly.

"No one...I-I just really like you." his voice shook like he was confessing a crime.

"You honestly think I'l buy that? I know they're putting pressure on you."

He blinked and dropped his gaze, obviously embarrassed with his behavior. Somewhere inside Wooyoung's mind, I knew a few things cracked at that moment, beacuse when he looked up again, his eyes were blazing fire.

"Excuse me, but I've been nothing but patient since day one, and all you do is complain and look away from me when I'm talking and trail off into space as if I'm not there!!" he spit at me, with anger spilling out of his mouth like he had waited a century to tell me that.

I looked elsewhere in shame, because he was right. I had been extremely ungrateful with him, and he had been very accepting of my situation and my thoughts on the whole arrangement without complaining. I owed him a lot of tranquility, for things would be three times worse if he had pressured me as much as his family and my father did. I appreciated his patience, but never had the chance to tell him.

"I'm sorry. I know I've been a complete idiot. I just...never thought I'd have to go through something like this. I never thought I'd be forced into liking someone. I honestly thought for a moment that I could do it, you were making it so easy..." my voice trailed off and I let out a small chuckle, thinking about all the times Wooyoung waited for me outside my door, how he took his time to tell me the things on his mind, and how he always told me his plans beforehand to see if I was okay with them.

"But I can't...I-I really am sorry." he heard my voice crack and he looked up to see my eyes filling up with tears.

I saw him drop his gaze from the corner of my eyes again, and a tried to hold back the tears that were so close to betraying a part of my exterior.

"You like him, don't you?"

"Who?" I asked, panicking for a second.

"Your trainer..." his voice drifted away into the thin air around us.

I became speechless for so long I could have come off as completely retarded.

"Please, I know it's true. I watched you guys for a while today. I've never seen you look at anyone like that...especially me."

Pain ripped through me at the thought of Wooyoung feeling like a one-sided lover. He did not deserve that.

"I...don't know what to tell you."

"You don't have to...just promise me something." he said slowly.

"Anything."

"Try to be happy...at least until I figure how to fix this. It's toxic and unhealthy for both of us, and you deserve happiness more than anyone I've ever met. I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I'm the reason you can't be fully happy."

His soothing, soft voice echoed in my mind, and a small tear ran down my cheek.

"You don't have to do this to yourself."

"Neither should you." he said firmly. "Please...just, go ahead. I'll try to figure out how to hide everything until I know for sure we can break off the engagement without further consequences."

I got up from my seat and so did he. He put his hands in his pockets, waiting for me to leave, but I walked closer and hugged him as tightly as possible.

"Thank you. I'll owe you for the rest of my life."

I felt him smile against the top if my head, and he pulled away slowly.

"Go on." he concluded.

I took my clutch and swiftly walked out the door of the restaurant, completely ignoring the butler who was kind enough to open it for me. I looked around for a second and thought about calling Raph, but ran straight for the bus stop instead, taking the bus to the Golf House as quickly as my high heels could carry me.

After around twenty minutes, the bus finally stopped at the Gold House's nearest bus stop, and the moment I got of I took off my heels and ran towards the Golf House, I didn't want to be so late.

I pushed open the door of the establishment and put my heels back on, just to see Nichkhun sitting on one of the lobby's couches, staring at me intently, like he was analyzing some scientific discovery.

He got up from his seat and walked slowly towards me.

"I thought...you were on a date." he said in a calm tone.

"I ran away...I guess." I answered, a little out of breath.

I saw him laugh in that beautiful manner of his and I knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nichkhun's POV:

I walked MiYoung towards the Staff Lounge, where the small get-together was taking full effect.

I saw MiYoung frantically fixing her dress from the corner of my eye, and I couldn't help but ask.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think I overdressed?." she answered, looking at me straight in the eye, panic mode taking over her features.

I chuckled lightlyand squeezed her shoulders. "You look beautiful, Miss. Kang MiYoung." I said, in almost a whisper.

"But did I overdress?" she repeated, like my reply had answered nothing at all.

"A...little." I admitted, as I looked at her incredibly tall high heels and her black, lace dress.

She groaned and hid behind my shoulder, to which I responded with taking her by the wrist and pulling her next to me, making sure everyone would be able to see her when we walked in.

"Don't be shy, whether you're wearing a dress or sweatpants, they're gonna laugh at you anyway."

"Ha-Ha, Nichkhun. I'm being serious." she said, trying to erase any hint of joke.

"Come on! It'll be okay! Those guys don't bite, trust me." I answered, still in my joking tone.                                                                                      

She smirked a little and continued to follow me into the the Staff Lounge and out the back door, where the group was waiting.

Taecyeon was sitting with Cherry on his lap, Chansung and Annie were sitting next to each other and holding hands, something I was still not quite used to. Junho was grilling the meet expertly while eyeing Jiyoung who was fondly speaking to Hwayoung about who knows what. Probably another piece of gossip. I put a hand on the small of MiYoung's back to push her slightly in, surprising every member of the party.

Everyone stopped talking and looked up at MiYoung and I, thousands of questions pouring out of their faces, begging for answers.

"Hey guys! This is MiYoung, a friend of mine." I said, introducing the nervous reck I had next to me as I gave her a little push to make her move forward.

I saw her blink furiously from the corner of my eye as she struggled with the obvious embarrassment on her face. She was too cute for words.

"Nice to meet you." she bowed respectfully.

"MIYOUNG!!" Cherry hollered, getting down from Taecyeon's lap and running towards Miyoung to wrap her arms around her stomach in a tight hug.

"Hey, Cherry." Miyoung smiled happily, Cherry's back with affection.

"Gosh, I guess we're finally meeting the reason to your recent spacing out!"  Chansung yelled from his seat just to sprint towards MiYoung and offer her a hand, she took it willingly but nervously.

"I'm Chansung, by the way.- he said, shaking her hand gingerly. - just call me Channie." he smiled playfully. Idiot.

"Hey!!! I thought that's what I was supposed to call you!" Annie yelled at him.

"Everyone calls me that, babe."

"Oh shut up. Hey there heiress." Annie saluted.

"Hi."

Taecyeon rose from his seat and went inside to fetch a chair for MiYoung to sit on. He placed it next to where she was standing and she blushed lightly at the gesture, smiling up at the dumb giant.

"Thanks, that's very nice of you." she said shyly.

"No problem, I'm Taecyeon by the way." they shook hands and Taecyeon went back to his seat, placing Cherry back on his lap.

"Dude, what about me?" I asked, wondering where I was supposed to sit.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you a guest here?"  he asked, laughing like a goof. Idiot.

"Very funny." I snorted. I went inside and fetched a chair for myself, and right when I was about to turn around I heard Hwayoung's voice introducing herself and Jiyoung, with her usual, overly-excited nasal voice.

"Law aren't you one beautiful young woman! Khun sure is lucky to have found such a gorgeous girl!" she exclaimed happily as I stepped outside, giving Jiyoung a saluting smile as I walked by. She smiled back.

"Hwayoung don't overwhelm her." I warned jokingly.

"Oh close your mouth mister, you aren't even brave enough to tell her that yourself!" she spit out.

Chansung and Taecyeon 'ooooh'ed from the back and I turned around to glare at them in the deadliest way I could manage.

"Quiet down both of you, we all know how hard this has been on Khun, don't make fun of it." Junho scolded.

He walked towards Miyoung with his cooking apron (very manly, by the way) and streched out his hand to shake Miyoung's.

"I'm Junho, by the way. Boss of everyone here." he flaunted with a slight wiggling of eyebrows. Chansung and Taceyeon snorted loudly while Annie and Cherry chuckled.

"Junho oppa, nobody even listens to you!" Cherry snickered.

"That's because they're rude assho-

"HYUNG!" I interrupted, before his dirty mouth continued. He apologized and went back to grilling meat, not without spanking Jiyoung's behind on the way back. Jiyoung flinched and blushed.

"OPPA!" she yelled, flaring up in anger.

"I can't help it, sweetie." he said, winking at the woman.

"That erted bastard." Hwayoung whispered to herself, shaking her head.

MiYoung giggled at the scene, covering with her hand. She was already beginning to enjoy herself.

The party continued on smoothly, with MiYoung sitting accross the room from me, right next to Jiyoung, who kept talking to her fondly about everyone in the room and Miyoung even asked questions about the erted boss, to which Jiyoung answered with nothing but head shaking and deep blushing. Taceyeon and Chansung took the job of bickering and bullying our relationship, coming up with stupid question games to make us confess our feelings for each other, but Hwayoung always came up in our defense, quickly changing the subject each time. Man, I sured owed that woman a lot.

But the bullying, Junho the erted bastard, the shy Jiyoung, the inappropriate questions fired by Annie and Cherry, the mother-like (and sometimes uncomfortable) interrogation from Hwayoung, the endless rounds of beer, and my incesant staring, never failed to make Miyoung laugh and giggle like I've never seen before. She had a refreshning look on her face that transmitted nothing but peace and happiness, and the joy that ran through me at the thought that I had something to do with that happiness, was ridiculous.

The night sky above us was star-filled and hopeful, and the chilly, midnight air carried a special, warm feeling that filled up my pores and made me feel at ease as I stared into Miyoung's eyes repeatedly. She would stare back with eyes sparkling of joy and I smiled at her with all the love I could possibly transfer through that gesture, in hopes that at least half of it got to her. And the way she smiled back, assured me that it did.

At 3:00 am, when the boys were too drunk to function, Annie and Cherry fell asleep on the couch and Hwayoung was tidying up the mess, Miyoung and I walked to the lobby and out the front door, waiting for her chauffeur to pick her up.

She stopped walking and stepped in front of me, smiling widely.

"Thank you for today. I had the time of my life." she said softly.

"I think I did too." I answered, smiling just as wide.

She giggled and looked down at her feet, I felt the nervousness emanating from her, and I wondered if I had at least half the same effect on her, than she had on me.

I slipped my hand underneath her chin and pulled it up slightly, so I could look at her straight in the eye.

"I didn't think you would come." I whispered.

I felt her shudder underneath my fingers and her answer came out ragged.

"I think...I just really wanted to be with you."

Something in the back of my head clicked, and urged for me to do it, because I knew this was my only chance. After so long, I finally didn't give a damn.

I smirked at her and looked into her sparkling eyes, that without words told me she had opened the door for me. I leaned in slowly, taunting and warning her, but the slight pulling up at the corner of told me I had nothing to fear anymore.

I leaned in faster and brushed my lips against hers, teasing and preparing my own mind to before I kissed her fully, with every bit of love that was contained inside of me from the first time I saw her making wild erruptions inside my chest, leaving me breathless. Miyoung's lips trembeled as she opened slowly, allowing me to enjoy the movement and brushing of her lips against mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I wrapped mine around her waist, deepening the kiss with the closeness.

She pulled away first at the sound of an engine behind us, and she slowly let go of me, not taking her eyes off of mine for one moment and I smiled brightly at her as she walked quickly to her car to get in.

She looked back at me as she opened the door and I winked at her.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

heart.png

Hey everyone! I know I promsied a double update last time but I decided not to, for this chapter had to be special, obviously <3 AND ALSOO....I guess the ship behind this story's couple is official now! Congratulations to Nichkhun and Tiffany, I wish them the best! (Even though I was hardcore Khuntorian and Khun is my ultimate bias) I SWeaR I'M NOT MAD!!  lols, ENJOYY!! -Taemaximum

 

p.s to my friends who read this! find an inside joke in this chapter and tell me about it later haha...