Sold/ Mi Young's Intro

The Skin Game of Life

Mi Young's POV:

Something told me this was not going to be a good day.

For one thing, my father called. Something he never did unless I was in trouble.
And second, traffic was beyond crazy today. My chauffeur and I had been stuck in this endless line of honking cars for almost an hour now.

"Raph, is there any way around this?" I asked my faithful chauffeur, Raphael. He was from England and I've known him since I was a small baby and he was more like an uncle to me.
"I'm sorry sweetie, it seems like there's no way to avoid this." He answered, trying to comfort me.
I let out a worried sigh. "I"m almost forty minutes late, my father's going to be furious."
"I'm sure he'll understand."
The thing is, we wouldn't.

Raph and I were stuck in traffic for another half hour and when we finally arrived home, my father was yelling to the maids at the top of his lungs near the fountain facing our front door, something he did whenever he was angry.
I entered the mansion's front gate with Raph by my side, I was deathly afraid on the inside but I put up a cold, indifferent front for my father.

"Oh, look who finally decided to show up!!" my father hollered, putting his hands on his hips while giving me an incredulous look.
I walked calmly towards him. "Excuse me, father. We were stuck in traffic for a long time and could not find a way around it."
"That is not a good enough excuse, young miss!! You obviously don't give a damn about your father waiting patiently to talk to you at home!!" he spat at me.

My eyes widened. "Patiently?! You were yelling at poor Hyemi so loud, I thought she would burst into tears!"

"Don't you talk to me like that you brat! You know what?! I was going to take you to my office to talk to you in private but I simply don't care anymore!! I'm just going to say whatever I want in front of EVERYONE!!" He said, accentuating the last word with fury.
"GO AHEAD!" I yelled back.
"I have come to an agreement with one of the sponsors of our golf house, and we decided to have you marry his young son, Jang Wooyoung."

Everything was silent for about ten seconds, as I stared blankly into my father's eyes. But at one point my breathing became so rugged and loud, Raph had to put a hand on my shoulder to snap me back into reality.

"You want me to...WHAT?!" I screamed.
"Marry Jang Wooyoung, MiYoung." He answered simply.
"And, WHY exactly?!"

"Because it would assure you AND our business a solid future. Also if you make a good impression on your future in-laws, they will help us expand our business like you have no idea!! It's a wonderful deal that we cannot decline."
"So you're selling me to expand your business?" I asked in a soft tone, with obvious hurt in my eyes.
"Miyoung, you can't think of it that way, Wooyoung is an amazing young man with a great eye for business and with a very gentle character, not to mention his handsome looks. He is the perfect match for you, and I'm sure you'll fall in love in no time." His words came out soothing instead of tough now.

"And what do you expect me to do?" My voice was blank and emotionless.
"Well, in order to make a good enough impression on your in-laws, the Jang family has requested that you win the Seoul Winter Golf turnament this year, just as a way to prove to them that our business is worth the money they are offering." He explained.

"But I don't play golf."
"That is why I have made arrangements at the golf house so you can start practicing tomorrow, so by the time winter comes, you are a golf master like your own father once was."

"Do I have a choice?"
"I don't think so, darling."

 

Nichkhun's POV:

I followed the golf house's manager around the massive property. I had honestly never seen such a golf house in person, only on TV.

The lobby of the resort was similar to that of a hotel, with fancy wallpaper and beautiful matching furniture, with a small lounge area facing huge glass doors.
Behind these glass doors there were small training areas for golf newbies, were a serious looking instructor was guiding some stubborn looking teenagers who could barely hold a golf club correctly.
The training area led to the amazingly LARGE golf field. The magnificent field that stood before my eyes was something that I never imagined. It was certainly a field worthy of golf stars like Tiger Woods.

"I'm sorry, but if you're done ogling at the golf field, I still have to show you around the caddie locker rooms." The manger said, with a little annoyance in his voice.
"I'm sorry, I just never thought this place was going to be so...huge." I replied, still dazed.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're not the first person to say that."

The manager took me to the back of the golf house's second building, where all the staff members and workers hanged out, and that includes the caddies.
It was a very well accomodated place with two different hallways leading to the women's and men's locker rooms respectively, and a small lounge area with a drink section in the back corner.

"Woah...this is...cool...I guess." I mumbled, completely dumbfounded.
"Yeah, whatever. The men's locker rooms are in left hallway and if you need anything just call the front desk and Hwayoung, the receptionist will answer any question you have, understood?" He said, in a very quick pace, like he couldn't wait to get out of there.

I bowed and thanked the manager and then headed to the left hallway, looking for the cabbie locker rooms.

"Yah!! Are you the new guy?!" A friendly voice hollered behind me, making me turn around just to se a tall, well built guy behind me, with medium sized, slanted eyes and a long nose. His hair was pich black and styled up really nicely.
I stuttered a little before answering. "Yeah, I'm Nichkhun" it sounded like a question.

"Nice to meet you Nichkhun, I'm Chansung." He answered, streching out his hand. I took it and after a bit of small talk, he directed me to the locker rooms, where I even had a locker labeled with my name on it.

My journey was finally starting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

heart

Ok, so here's chapter two!! Thank you so much to the people that subscribed in less than 12 hours :D I hope I can fulfill your expectations :D Please comment and subscribe, I will really appreciate it. Expect Mi young and Nichkhun's first meet in the next chapter! See you then! -Taemaximum