The Rich Girl's Caddie

The Skin Game of Life

Mi Young's POV:

The golf house's staff gave me a warm welcome at the establishment's front gate, while on my end all they received was a vague glance.


I was greeted by the house manager, Mr. Byun.

"Miss Kang! It's a pleasure to have you practice your golf skills with us!" He chanted, in an overly excited voice.

"My father owns the golf house, where else would I go?" I replied indifferently. I did not like to be so rude, but it's the way my father tought me to treat staff, or else, they'd end up getting too comfortable and forget their place.

Manager Byun stuttered before answering. "You are right, please excuse me for stating the obvious, Miss Kang, the man said, bowing in the process. Please allow me to direct you towards the caddies."

I was a bit confused by his answer.

"Why do I need to see the caddies?" I tried to hide my embarrassed tone.

"Well, Miss Kang, our clients have the privilege to choose their own caddies. After a while if you don't find him satisfactory, you may choose a different one." He answered simply.

I walked nervously next to Manager Byun as he lead me towards the golf house's second building, where I assumed the staff lounge was located.
He typed in the front door's password and it unlucked before us effortlessly.


 

 

Nichkhun's POV:

I was sitting comfortably on one the lounge's small couches with a cup of hot mocca in my hand when I felt a slight pat on my left shoulder.

"Hey Khun! How's your first day of work?" Chansung asked, giving me his characteristic smile.

"It's been good, Chan. There hasn't been that many clients today but I've had my fair share." I replied, letting a hint of worry escape my lips.

"Heeey, don't worry, it's ok for a new caddie to have very few clients on his first days of work, since pretty much every client in this golf house are veterans. They utilize the same caddies each time they come here. I'm sure someone new will show up soon." Chansung did a good job reassuring me because I was able to ease up a little.

"Yaah!! Chansung-ah!!" We heard a voice comming from one of the hallways. It was Lee Junho, one of the oldest caddies in the golf house despite his young age. He was a favorite amongst the older clients because of his gentle character.

"How's it going, hyung? Chansung answered. Have you met the new guy, Nichkhun?" He pointed towards me.

"Oh, I believe I haven't. I'm Lee Junho." He stretched out a hand. I took it and smiled warmly at him.

"Nice to meet you Junho."

"So, I believe you had something to tell me?" Chansung interrupted.

"Ohh yeah!! Hyomin just came to me with a nice piece of information." Junho answered, slapping Chansung's shoulder in the process.

"Who's Hyomin?" I interrupted.

"One of the maids, Junho answered. Anyway, she told me that Chief Kang is planning on marrying his only daughter, Miyoung. But apparently in order to marry the lucky bastard, she has to win this year's Winter tournament."

"And what's in it for us?" Chansung asked, just as confused as I was.

"Well, it turns out that she completely at golf! So her father brought her here to practice until the tournament. And since the instructors here are known for being a bit harsh, they said that the caddie she chooses will be her instructor as well!! And that he will get a MASSIVE raise to his salary!" Junho explained, sounding extremely amused by the news himself.

"WOAAH!" Both Chansung and I replied in unison.

"EXACTLY!" Junho raised his voice in excitement.

"Who do you think she'll choose?" I asked in wonder.

"I don't know, but she's young, so obviously not one of the older caddies, so I say that any of us has a pretty good chance of getting selected." Chansung answered.

At that moment, we heard the front door of our building creek open, just to see Manager Byun enter with a very special someone by his side.

Speak of the devil...


 

 

 

No one's POV:

The three young caddies greeted Manager Byun and his special guest with a welcoming 90 degree bow.

"Good afternoon, young men. I need you to gather the rest of the caddies, tell them that their lunch break is over and that I need them all gathered in the lounge area for a very special announcement." The manager instructed.

"Right away, Manager Byun." Junho answered, bowing and heading out the back door to fetch the rest of the caddies.

After five minutes, every caddie working in the Kang Golf House was gathered in the staff's lounge area, where Manager Byun instructed them to form a straight, horizontal line facing him and Kang MiYoung.

"Now, gentleman. May I introduce to you, Miss Kang MiYoung, only daughter of our beloved Chief Kang." He continued as Mi Young bowed 90 degrees towards the caddies, earning a round of applause from all of them.

"Miss Kang will be participating in Seoul's Winter Golf Tournament held in our own golf house, and she is in need of instruction. So the caddie that she chooses will work for her full-time until the day of the competition, recieving a very generous compensation to their salary. Now, Miss Kang, would you please proceed to choose your caddie." He finished, signaling MiYoung towards the caddies.

The girl hesitated  before blinking a few times. She bent down in Byun's direction and asked in a soft tone, "What are the requirements that I should keep in mind to pick one?" she was trying so hard to hide her embarrasment, but it was very obvious to everyone present.

Byun cleared his throat a little and answered, "Not a single one, Miss Kang. You may choose any one of your liking."

MiYoung blinked a few times once more, before examining each one of the caddies before her.

Until her eyes stopped when she came accross a pair of large brown eyes focusing on her.

The man was tall, broad and well built. He looked like someone who spent most of his free time at the gym, but his face was nothing like his body, for he had small features except for his gigantic  brown eyes. His nose made a perfect, small curve and his lips were small but fleshy. His hair was a nice, chocolate brown tone, cut short and sort of spiky.

But his eyes...that's what cought MiYoung's attention the most.

They sparkled like a billion stars in the sky, twinkling at the sight of her staring at him, and that's when she saw a slight, friendly and innocent smirk decorated on his perfect face, and it amazed her how that small action had accentuated his already perfect features.

MiYoung looked away and cleared twice, snapping back to her bossy, ice-cold image.

"The third one on the left." she whispered slowly in Byun's direction.

"Mr. Nichkhun Horvejkul, please step forward." he commanded.

Nichkhun obeyed while eyeing MiYoung curiously. She immediately looked away.

"Congratulations, Mr. Horvejkul, Miss Kang has chosen you as her caddie and instructor. I expect you to teach her well. You shall start practicing tomorrow afternoon. Please be on time." Byun said, shaking Nichkhun's hand.

"It'll be my pleasure, Nichkhun said to Byun, and I will look forward to teaching you, Miss Kang. Please trust me fully, I will do a good job." He finished, bowing at MiYoung as she silently bowed back.

The rest of the caddies were burning in jealousy at the sight of Nichkhun getting selected, but on the inside, they truly felt proud and quite admired at Nichkhun's luck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

heart

Ok so, MiYoung and Nichkhun's story starts now :) I hope you like this update, I've been thinking about it a lot. Also, thank you to my friend Tania for upvoting my story, lol I owe you one! See you in the next chapter! -Taemaximum