This is all for you/ Nichkhun's Intro

The Skin Game of Life

The first chapter is here! :D You should know that this is all just Nichkhun's POV, after this it'll swtich back and forth from Mi Young to Nichkhun. Hope you like :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Nichkhun's POV:

My friend Annie's words kept creeping back into my mind as I filled in my application at the golf house.

"Trust me, the pay is great!!  And rich people don't care whether you're nice or not as long as you get the job done. It's perfect for you!"

I was always reluctant about looking for a job at such an elite place. But I had managed to build up enough courage to turn in an application at the front desk of the Kang Golf House to work as a caddie, where a scary looking middle-aged woman eyed me with arrogant curiosity.

"All done." I smiled, turning in my application, where I excitedly assured her that being a caddie at the Kang Golf House was 'a dream I was determined to accomplish'.

"We'll give you a call if anything opens up for you young man." she replied, with an indifferent expression taking over her features.

I thanked her and walked out of the establishment to the bus stop, hoping with all my heart that a slot would open up for me.
After 10 minutes the bus stopped accross the street from Cherreen's elementary school, where the light of my life was patiently waiting on a bench, reading the book I bought for her a few days before.

"Hey, Cherry!" I yelled while walking closer to her. She looked up and gave me an annoyed look I did not understand. She was always happy to see me.
"Yah! You idiot! Where have you been?!" She yelled back.
"What do you mean?"
"Are you serious? It's 4:30, you're like two hours late!" She snapped, showing me her watch, highlighting my lateness.
"Sorry Cherry, I was busy applying for a new job at the Kang Golf House." I answered, wriggling my eyebrows at her.
Her eyes widened more than was natural, shooting up from her seat to wrap her arms around my neck.
"Khunnie you found a job!!" she chanted happily.
"Take it easy. They still have to call me back. They don't just hire anybody at those kinds of places."
"Well, you're not just anybody Khunnie." she answered clicking her tongue and releasing me from her fierce hug.

I ruffled her hair a little. "Let's go home little bug."

We walked back to our small rooftop apartment near Cherreen's elementary school to cook some instant ramen for dinner. It was the best thing I could pay under my budget which was barely enough to cover rent and food, that could all change if I was hired as a caddie at the Kang Golf House. The pay was more than I ever thought a caddie could earn and it would certainly help me get back on track and maybe save up enough money to go back to college and finish my career.

I watched my sister eating happily and my heart ached.

After our mother died, I promised her that I'd do anything it took to give her the life she deserved and make her happy...and so far I was not doing a very good job with that. But Cherreen never complained and assured me on a daily basis that she was happy with the way she was living.

She was my rock, and the best support system a person could have. She was the only reason why I was desperately looking for a well paying job, and this caddie job would allow me to give her everything I always wanted, a nicer home, better clothes, better food, and a better education. It was all for her.

My old, crusty phone suddenly rang, pulling me back to Earth.

"Hello?" I answered, it was my ex-college partner, Annie.

"Yah, Khun! Did you get it?!" She yelled into the phone, making me flinch in surprise.

"Annie seriously you need to stop doing that, you'll end up making me deaf. And to answer your question, I don't know. They said they'll call me back if anything opens up." I answered, a little annoyed.

"Aishh, that , but I'm sure you'll get it anyway, you were quite the golf master in college. I still remember how you wowed everyone with your skills during that class trip two years ago. It feels like forever ago." She sounded a bit melancholic.

"Heey, Annie it's ok. If I don't get it, I still have that job offer at the Lumi Caffe, remember?"

"They don't pay half of what you'd earn as a caddie at the golf house man, you know that. Anyway, call me if they contact you."

"Sure thing, thanks Annie, you're the best." I said, smiling at the thought of my best friend and her quirky ways.

"Anytime Khun, I looooooove youuuuu!" Annie chanted into her phone with a mocking aegyo tone, she knows how much I hate it when she does that.

"Shut up and go to sleep you airhead, love you too." I answered, while she giggled on the other end. I hunged up the phone just to get another call.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Nichkhun Horvejkul? We are calling from the Kang Golf House. A slot for a new caddie has just opened up, we thought you would be interested."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

heart

There you go! I hope that wasn't too y :( anyway I hope you enjoyed. Mi young's intro is up next. Please comment! -Taemaximum